Thread: Are You An Intellectual, Hipster, or Nerd? ...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Are You An Intellectual, Hipster, or Nerd? ...

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/are-you...ipster-or-nerd

Your result for Are You An Intellectual, Hipster, or Nerd? ...
    Explorer

3 Curiosity, -5 Adaptability, -4 Learnedness, -2 Pretentiousness and -7 HipsterQuotient!

You may not be "book smart" but you have a great capacity for learning, which is fantastic. You could be the next Indiana Jones or Dora the Explorer.
    If you see me in the world, give me a two fingered salute and we can discuss your latest find. You're my favorite type of person. Rock on, Explorer. Rock the fuck on!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw yay.

I expected nerd-hipster haha.

Explorer
    16 Curiosity, 11 Adaptability, 13 Learnedness, -3 Pretentiousness and -15 HipsterQuotient!

You may not be "book smart" but you have a great capacity for learning, which is fantastic. You could be the next Indiana Jones or Dora the Explorer.
    If you see me in the world, give me a two fingered salute and we can discuss your latest find. You're my favorite type of person. Rock on, Explorer. Rock the fuck on!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asshole.

You're not an intellectual. You're not even a hipster douchebag. You're just an asshole.
    Why don't you do us all a favor and hang yourself, you pretentious fuck?

Thank god I'm not a hipster.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Average Joe
    You are special in absolutely no way. Congratulations. You're completely average.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-bg

Social Ninja
    -8 Curiosity, -7 Adaptability, -10 Learnedness, -21 Pretentiousness and -17 HipsterQuotient!
    Okay, so you're none of the above, but you display the capacity for great adaptability and knowledge. You're of a different type of elite.
    This is very rare. Seriously, I never expected anyone to get this score. Contact me and we will begin your training.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am totally delighted by my result:

Average Joe
    Whatever.
    You are special in absolutely no way. Congratulations. You're completely average.

Despite the fact that: You scored 22% on Learnedness, higher than 92% of your peers.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I am totally delighted by my result:

Average Joe
    Whatever.

Despite the fact that: You scored 22% on Learnedness, higher than 92% of your peers.
    It's ok, Scape. The world needs garbage (ladies?) too.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social Ninja

0 Curiosity, 2 Adaptability, 1 Learnedness, -7 Pretentiousness and -4 HipsterQuotient!

Okay, so you're none of the above, but you display the capacity for great adaptability and knowledge. You're of a different type of elite.

This is very rare. Seriously, I never expected anyone to get this score. Contact me and we will begin your training.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default highest hipster quotient so far :/

Explorer 21 Curiosity, 16 Adaptability, 21 Learnedness, 1 Pretentiousness and 2 HipsterQuotient

You may not be "book smart" but you have a great capacity for learning, which is fantastic. You could be the next Indiana Jones or Dora the Explorer. If you see me in the world, give me a two fingered salute and we can discuss your latest find. You're my favorite type of person. Rock on, Explorer. Rock the fuck on!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    It's ok, Scape. The world needs garbage (ladies?) too.
    Scape and I can be crazy dog ladies. We will push shopping carts full of happy rescued puppies.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Scape and I can be crazy dog ladies. We will push shopping cards full of happy rescued puppies.
    *hops in the cart with the puppies*
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I join the circle of average Joes.
    The sorrow of the day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social Ninja

0 Curiosity, 20 Adaptability, 2 Learnedness, -26 Pretentiousness and -15 HipsterQuotient!

Ha.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Average Joe

Whatever.

Whatever.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    I join the circle of average Joes.
    The sorrow of the day
    Then may this be the only thing to cause you sorrow today.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

To continue in the same vain:

Nerd, geek or dork?
    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...30990046738815

Pure Nerd

70 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 26% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
    A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
    A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
    You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

SO TRUE!

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Average American

Don't feel bad - you scored about average. You're normal. Go eat some red meat and watch TV. You've earned it, champ.

WTF is this shit !?!?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
    Pure Nerd

57 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 22% Dork

For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
    A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

YWIMW

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Tri-Lamb Material

74 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 57% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure i'm an intellectual, a hipster AND a nerd.

Since when are those mutually exclusive?

(didn't do the test, will edit in later)

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social Ninja

-1 Curiosity, 6 Adaptability, -1 Learnedness, -12 Pretentiousness and -6 HipsterQuotient!

Interesting pick-up line... *chuckles
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social Ninja

-7 Curiosity, 7 Adaptability, -2 Learnedness, -14 Pretentiousness and -2 HipsterQuotient!

Okay, so you're none of the above, but you display the capacity for great adaptability and knowledge.* You're of a different type of elite.

This is very rare.* Seriously, I never expected anyone to get this score.* Contact me and we will begin your training.

Duh.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Social Ninja
    -8 Curiosity, -6 Adaptability, -10 Learnedness, -13 Pretentiousness and -8 HipsterQuotient!

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who reads books anymore? Am I allowed to substitute scientific papers in for books? Can I actually complete this test on my tablet without it popping up some dumbass app ad and trashing my results?

EDIT

Apparently, despite being 2 standard deviations higher on intellectualism and being a hipster, I'm an average joe.
    Last edited by some chair; 07-04-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Average American

-6% Curiosity, -1% Adaptability, -8% Learnedness, -10% Pretentiousness and 10% HipsterQuotient!

You lack intellectual curiosity and possibly the capacity to learn and grow beyond your current bounds. On the upside, you could be President of the United States one day!

Don't feel bad - you scored about average. You're normal. Go eat some red meat and watch TV. You've earned it, champ.

Lol, I really need to read more. Last book I read was in April and I have plenty at home to read. I am intellectually curious and don't watch any TV and my social life is dead at the moment. Loser would have fit better than "Average American".

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah, this is a bit better.

Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 26% Dork

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Explorer
    25 Curiosity, 9 Adaptability, 24 Learnedness, 11 Pretentiousness and 2 HipsterQuotient!

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Average American
    -18% Curiosity, -13% Adaptability, -4% Learnedness, -7% Pretentiousness and 0% HipsterQuotient!

Simple-minded fools.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explorer

24 Curiosity, 12 Adaptability, 23 Learnedness, 4 Pretentiousness and -15 Hipster Quotient!

especially proud of -15 hipster quotient!