Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default How do you sleep at night?

(This isn't supposed to be a question about how you deal with having a guilty conscience etc.

My recent habit (or maybe longer than that) has been to sleep with one leg on a bottom layer, and the other leg on a higher layer (depending on the number of legs and layers I have), perhaps to minimise legs bumping into each other and maybe also because it's my way of keeping cool. I then keep switching legs over during the night! During the cooler months, I may do this far less.

During the warmer parts of the year, I sleep with all of my arms tucked inside the bed, most often with a duvet or a pillow over my head (which has naturally, attracted some remarks in the past!)...I simply cannot bear to get bitten by insects. On very hot days however, I sometimes throw caution to the wind and instead have one leg outside the bed, the other under the top layer, one arm under the bottom sheet, the other under the pillow or over the side of the bed (sometimes I have both arms over the side of the bed). When I have an arm under the pillow, I tend to have it going back across and under my head, with my wrist bending back on itself. It's very rare that I lose blood circulation.

I would like to have the window\s open more frequently but I simply cannot stand the constant hum of background traffic. For some reason, I don't seem to mind anywhere near as much in the Summer...perhaps because if the heat is stopping me from sleeping, the longer time it takes to get to sleep means I simply end up tolerating the sound.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the lights off.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

when my dad came to live with me i told him he could sleep in my sons room cuz there is a bunkbed but my son wasnt comfortable so he took over my room and so since then and for another month or so i have the couch. im usually on the computer on tumblr or LoL after they go to sleep until sometime b/w 11 and 12 and its my quiet time. about half the time i take a melatonin to fall asleep. i always use blankets. raaaarely in the summer i might use a sheet if its too hot but i don't sleep uncovered. i don't like any limbs hanging off either. too vulnerable. i usually sleep on my back and i like having my hands over my head for comfort but if i fall asleep that way then i wake up with pins and needles - which does happen sometimes but other times i take my arms down and rest them on my torso or by my sides once ive become comfortable/tired enough to do so without feeling bothered by it. sometimes i sleep on my side. i used to have a quirk about having my ear covered in order to sleep but i have become less dependent on that. i really like open windows and white noise like a fan but i don't go out of my way to produce those things unless the mood particularly strikes me. when i am with someone else they frequently complain about me stealing the blankets and wrapping myself up in them like a burrito while i sleep.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like a kitten.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDD

I dont move when i sleep and i almost always sleep in embryo position except for when i'd broken my nose and i was sleeping on my back for a couple of friggin weeks but that was not all that bad neway. so ya mb in the summer i'll have some limps out of the covers. i h8 noisy ppl who cannot control the tone of their voice and don't know when to be silent for other ppl to sleep and study (although i have to admit that a few times i've been guilty of the latter ) =< also, i dont like lights and having to completely cover my head because of it D=

in the winter i usually use tons of covers (i even used warmbottles but dropped the habit bcuz that was getting scarayayay) it's craaazy and when i was back home my lse (???) mother would say that happens bcuz i need a man lololol
    unholy water sanguine addiction