Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Most Ne Music (I uploaded some for you)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Most Ne Music (I uploaded some for you)

    This is very ENTp music. I put a star after the tracks I enjoy most. I expect a lot of bashing because of how extreme Ti Ne the views are. These underground groups can rip appart any mainstream group that exists today. But I guess Se is more popular here than Ne.



    Loyalists : Mood Swing :

    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...heck_intro.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...redentials.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...restarters.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/MoodSwing/04-wash.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...dedication.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood..._ft_learic.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...os_revenge.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/MoodSwing/08-radio.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...llar_child.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...r_how_hard.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...d_the_horn.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...or_hip_hop.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...e_thinking.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...ity_crisis.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...rstand_rap.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...6-disperse.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...e_realness.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/Mood...18-bedtime.mp3


    Loyalists : Get What You Give :

    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...troduction.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...asy_street.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...n_timeless.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...t_you_give.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...ne_speakin.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...id_courage.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...g_mitchell.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...tions_fist.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...e/09-drive.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...elic_wings.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...orrorscope.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...ing_learic.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...3-ricochet.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...lutioneyes.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...15-my_crew.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...turing_pro.mp3
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...rameworker.mp3 *
    http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/GetW...18-av_room.mp3 *
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  2. #2
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You like to roll around in Ne don't you ?

    Its not my kind of music, but I liked some of the construction and sounds.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    You like to roll around in Ne don't you ?
    I am Ne

    (Te: I am the laww)
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  4. #4
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is music supposed to be anyway? Musical tastes are incredibly subjective to a person's background and "musical upbringing." Personal tastes should not be confused with the tastes of types. I know that the provided music certainly doesn't appeal to my own tastes. I do not think that there is a specific type of music that is music or music or , etc. I believe that instead it's a matter of what these different functions look for and get out of music. Perhaps some look for a multitude of random sounds, while others look for technical skill in the sound, while other still look for words which speak to their heart. But to simply say that this is music seems to be a bit of a stretch.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  5. #5
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, thanks for uploading this . There's some really good stuff in there.

    I could listen to this type of hiphop all night long.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    What is music supposed to be anyway? Musical tastes are incredibly subjective to a person's background and "musical upbringing."

    Taste has lower priority than type. There can be many ENTp's with different taste, but you can still tell hey are all ENTp. This happens to be made by an ENTp which I think is pretty obvious if you listen to the messages, and look at all the double meaning and puns and rhyme, and everything. He even calls himself the inventor in one part. Lots of hiphop makes third eye references... and so on.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  7. #7
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like "get what you give", but am otherwise unfamiliar with that stuff. I'll check some of it out
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree that looking at music in terms of types and functions makes a lot of sense. It's not a matter of taste; it's a matter of structure. In fact, we can be much more precise about typology when applying it to relatively concrete things such as music as opposed to applying it to very complex entities such as...people.

    Generally, with music, I don't think you can look at the functions independently, though. Music is like sculpture within the space of typology. Just as a sculpture exists from all angles, so does music.

    Pieces of music tend to exist on an axis between dual-related types.

    Anyhow, music where the structure is provided by Fi or Ti in combination with Ne will generally have its most consciously developed, free, and salient features in regard to the organic unfolding of ideas, melody, etc.; whereas if Fe or Te are providing the structure, you'll see more emphasis on sections.

    These distinctions are more evident in classical music, where there is greater freedom of choice regarding structure. However, I think a lot of jazz (in particular) has an Ne feel.

    Music that's dominant Ne will tend to feature the newness or freshness of ideas; and it will seem less "worked out," less labored than if Fi or Ti are dominant.

    There may also be less emphasis on conserving material or "justifying" every move than with the more introverted types.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't wait for the *Ne Fanclub topic*.
    I have died and been resurrected as a new and better Uncle Sam.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The band "Tool" would be an example of an extreme Se group. I'm guessing that the Se people here already heard of them though, if not check it out.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  11. #11
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tool are friggen awesome
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    The band "Tool" would be an example of an extreme Se group. I'm guessing that the Se people here already heard of them though, if not check it out.
    Oh I love them. I guess they are on the Se-Ni axis, right?

    Oh and your music. Is relaxing but a bit boring since I usually don't listen to the lyrics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love them and I have little to no Se
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all of this music is awful.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    all of this music is awful.
    Whats your type? Are you able to follow/interpret/anticipate the lyrics in realtime?
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  16. #16
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    His signature says , so I'd say INTj. :wink:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava

    Whats your type? Are you able to follow/interpret/anticipate the lyrics in realtime?
    type: not sure. as logos indicated, my sig is the repository of the most up-to-date information on my situation; i was formerly an INTp but now consider INTj more probable.


    on the lyrics: from three of the tracks, i can adequately hear the lyrics. do i anticipate them? no. are they interesting? no. is the music interesting? no.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Niffweed, just curious, when you say (in your signature) extreme logical subtype, what does that mean for you? Does it mean extremely logical? Or does it mean that you like to emphasize your rational side, meaning keeping things structured, following a plan, etc.?

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it means that if i am indeed INTj, i use a hell of a lot more than . in fact, i would venture to say that of the thinking and intuitive functions, Ne is probably my weakest regardless of type (which, the way i see it, would be conceivable for a logical subtyle INTj or INTp)

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    it means that if i am indeed INTj, i use a hell of a lot more than . in fact, i would venture to say that of the thinking and intuitive functions, Ne is probably my weakest regardless of type (which, the way i see it, would be conceivable for a logical subtyle INTj or INTp)
    you don't find the double meaning/metaphores and rhyme coupled with reason to be beautiful?

    Personally I think beauty is when you can pack as many possitive socionic functions together into one compact statement. Feeling, Logic, Concept, and Sensorics, then you have one hell of a song. I feel that this guy put a lot of Ne, a lot of Ti, some bad Fe and some bad Fi though sometimes good Fe here and there, and cnsideration for Se a little bit. So maybe if you are intj, the bad Fe might hit your suggestive function making it unpleasant?
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  21. #21
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you don't find the double meaning/metaphores and rhyme coupled with reason to be beautiful?
    No.

    I hate most of all hip-hop. There is very little that is aethetically pleasing to my ears about it in fact. I guess I must have defunct . :wink: My preferences are towards Classic Rock (late '60s & early '70s), Indie Rock, Classical & Orchestral, and some Jazz.

    Personally I think beauty is when you can pack as many possitive socionic functions together into one compact statement.
    Putting a bunch of positive things together doesn't mean you'll have anything good. I really like bananas, sushi, hamburgers, and beer, but that doesn't mean that if I put them in a blender and turn it into "one compact" food item that it will be any good. Although all positives, the tastes don't complement or supplement each other. With music, there has to be a sense of order, a skillful blending of sound, harmony, smooth transitions, technical skill (as in being able to sing and play instruments), cohesiveness of thought and voice(s), and the right interplay of diverse musical elements to be beauty.

    Feeling, Logic, Concept, and Sensorics, then you have one hell of a song.
    Yes, but what individual elements would this be in a song? Is Ne just "double meaning/metaphores and rhyme?" I saw it as a new or original ideas and not cutesy word plays and rhyming.

    I feel that this guy put a lot of Ne, a lot of Ti, some bad Fe and some bad Fi though sometimes good Fe here and there, and cnsideration for Se a little bit.
    There was in there?

    So maybe if you are intj, the bad Fe might hit your suggestive function making it unpleasant?
    Hit it? I think it was beating it pretty senseless with a Louisville slugger.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see the life in music as being able to convey vivid images. That's what I meant by putting more functions in it... I can make a song about how I am at a party and how the railing is nicely connected to the floor base by brass screws that are 1/4-20 and how the screws are all phillips and the tensile strength of them is... but I can also talk about how they must have been very expensive because of the type of material and how the price of the house implies that the owner has much worth... Then I can maybe add something about how there is much harmony between the interactions in the room how the melody flows with the mood and makes everyone relaxed... then I can add how martain owes me a favor yet he does not think of favors as something that is owed... Then...... you get the point. Some music is nice because it fits your type and gives you a sense of being understood, some is amazing because it includes everyones point of view and brings the listener beyond the limits of the ego. The hiphop I posted is ENTp hiphop with extreme ENTp bias, ENTp's like to vent their Fe rage in their songs so if you are an extreme INTj (T subtype) you will be negatively affected by the raw expression of bad Fe fed to you with Ne and backed up by reason here and there. But yeah, I would have issues listening to bad Si also, I remember when an ISTp once was telling me about how she had a Q tip in her ear and then it got slammed by a door... you can imagine the detail she went into... but I deff felt every little detail of it as she was telling me this, it was torture... Socionics... the new way to interogate....
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  23. #23
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so if you are an extreme INTj (T subtype) you will be negatively affected by the raw expression of bad Fe fed to you with Ne and backed up by reason here and there.
    Although I prefer not to put myself into one of the subtypes, I lean towards the INTj (intuitive subtype).
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava

    you don't find the double meaning/metaphores and rhyme coupled with reason to be beautiful?
    ok, i lied. i didn't listen to the content of the lyrics. not that it's likely that i would have cared.

    whatever you want to call this, it's rap. and rap sucks. it has nothing in it which is musically interesting and the lyrics extremely rarely have any meaning.

    the music which i listen to (given that i rarely go out of my way to listen to music) is jazz or classical, perhaps with a faint touch of blues. but this type of music is just awful.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like jazz and classical too. Weird. But I find some hip-hop to be very poetic and powerful. Theres nothing like making a firm point while making the sound patterns match up in a precise manner. It's a true display of a powerful mind that is not only maxing out on the content but is also showing off its ability to display the content in a limited framework at the same time. I've seem some of these guys do live freestyle versions and I have done it myself and it takes a lot of focus, but when things start to flow and match up its a great feeling.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  26. #26
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    The band "Tool" would be an example of an extreme Se group. I'm guessing that the Se people here already heard of them though, if not check it out.
    Upon futher reflection, I think only the first album (Opiate) is really Se
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •