Thread: Hello! Transfer from PerC!

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello! Transfer from PerC!

Hello, anyone who happens to read my thread. I am new to Socionics, but am a long-time hobbyist of JCF and related theories. Nice to meet you all!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Refugee staging area is over there. *points*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hello
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Welcome!

Refugee staging area is over there. *points*
    Oh, so refugees are common? :-P

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hello

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    Oh, so refugees are common? :-P
    Hello! And refugees are quite common...

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Hello! And refugees are quite common...
    Why's that?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Why's that?
    Hoping you could shed some light on that.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came from PerC because I was very interested in the Socionics 16 relationships types which rang true for me in so many ways. MBTI doesn't have anything like that. What they say is compatible for types is often not compatible, IMO. Some people on PerC at the time I migrated here considered Socionics as being off-topic for an MBTI site. Not sure if that's changed. (However, then again, some people here would rather not talk Socionics. )

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I came from PerC because I was very interested in the Socionics 16 relationships types which rang true for me in so many ways. MBTI doesn't have anything like that. What they say is compatible for types is often not compatible, IMO. Some people on PerC at the time I migrated here considered Socionics as being off-topic for an MBTI site. Not sure if that's changed. (However, then again, some people here would rather not talk Socionics. )
    I really wish they had a site that was just for functional type theories in general. PerC and TypeCentral are MBTI leaning, and this site is Socionics leaning, but I don't really relate to either theory. They just seem to make too many assumptions, with both theories trying to confine something extremely dynamic and abstract in a simple structure. It would be nice to have a site to present your own views on Jung's original conceptions (or even present other people's views), without adhering to a limiting structure devised by a small group of personality 'experts'. Not to demean these people and all the hard work they put in, I just don't agree with them. I may just be talking crazy, though.

(Though, the real reason I left PerC is because my school blocked it. )
    Last edited by Tranquility; 05-27-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    DISCLAIMER

If I use the wrong words for the same concepts, please excuse me. I understand this is a Socionics forum, but arguing over something as simple as semantics over similar concepts is not desirable. I'll try to keep to Socionics terminology, but I may forget to, and don't wish for any unnecessary confrontation. If you don't understand my point of view due to a misuse of proper vocabulary, I will be happy to expound upon the source of the misconception, and will attempt to use the proper word the next time. Also, if you happen to disagree with my opinion (which all of my posts are, regardless of how I present them), please don't attack me ad hominem. I am perfectly happy to consider alternatives, and am also fine with a friendly debate, but do not wish to be insulted just because my opinion differs from yours, nor insulted over my purposes for holding this opinion.
    Thank you!

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the men from Res. They have driven back the eastern outposts, and wrecked havoc in the countryside. We have tried to fend them off, but they are strong. Millions are fleeing from the wrath of those barbarians. Tis better to lose your home and land than to lose your life, and we must do anything we can to defend the land of Psyche!
    DISCLAIMER

If I use the wrong words for the same concepts, please excuse me. I understand this is a Socionics forum, but arguing over something as simple as semantics over similar concepts is not desirable. I'll try to keep to Socionics terminology, but I may forget to, and don't wish for any unnecessary confrontation. If you don't understand my point of view due to a misuse of proper vocabulary, I will be happy to expound upon the source of the misconception, and will attempt to use the proper word the next time. Also, if you happen to disagree with my opinion (which all of my posts are, regardless of how I present them), please don't attack me ad hominem. I am perfectly happy to consider alternatives, and am also fine with a friendly debate, but do not wish to be insulted just because my opinion differs from yours, nor insulted over my purposes for holding this opinion.
    Thank you!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

They were only trying to protect you from yourself.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    They were only trying to protect you from yourself.

DISCLAIMER

Thank you!

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

there are ways around that, you know

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

there are ways around that, you know
    If effort and risk are worth the reward. I don't usually like to use other websites to log into my accounts so I never tried them.

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Bypass_S...ternet_Filters

YWIMW

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If effort and risk are worth the reward. I don't usually like to use other websites to log into my accounts so I never tried them.

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Bypass_S...ternet_Filters
    I'm not going to do that. I was already burned once for something similar, and do not wish to be burned again.
    DISCLAIMER

Thank you!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'm not going to do that. I was already burned once for something similar, and do not wish to be burned again.
    Heh my suspicions of the motives of the proxy sites or unknown software are enough to make me avoid.

YWIMW

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh my suspicions of the motives of the proxy sites or unknown software are enough to make me avoid.
    They do seem shady, yes. I like the references to Greek mythology in your profile.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 05-27-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    DISCLAIMER

Thank you!

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hii hi hi *waves*

I really wish they had a site that was just for functional type theories in general. PerC and TypeCentral are MBTI leaning, and this site is Socionics leaning, but I don't really relate to either theory. They just seem to make too many assumptions, with both theories trying to confine something extremely dynamic and abstract in a simple structure. It would be nice to have a site to present your own views on Jung's original conceptions (or even present other people's views), without adhering to a limiting structure devised by a small group of personality 'experts'. Not to demean these people and all the hard work they put in, I just don't agree with them. I may just be talking crazy, though.

And hm, maybs eventually make a thread if you wanna I went for nearly full compatibility with standard socionical material on the mechanical level, and this leans towards "extremely dynamic" moreso than "simple structure" haha... @zap's got some cool stuff in the works too...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Hii hi hi *waves*

And hm, maybs eventually make a thread if you wanna I went for nearly full compatibility with standard socionical material on the mechanical level, and this leans towards "extremely dynamic" moreso than "simple structure" haha... @zap's got some cool stuff in the works too...
    That is... extremely complex. I will try to wrap my head around it. It is very technical. Thank you for pointing me to your ideas, I enjoy seeing other perspectives!

Not entirely certain about posting my observations, considering how completely different they are from Socionics. The only ideas from Socionics I really incorporated in it are the clubs (though, they differ from the Socionics clubs) and the nature of the leading function, rejecting the emphasis MBTI/JCF people such as Thomson and Beebe place on the auxiliary. I do like the Socionics descriptions of Si, Ne, and Ni, however, so do have some parallels there in my descriptions of the Introverted Sensation and Extraverted/Introverted Intuitive types.

But I digress... just worried that my ideas might get negative reactions, considering this is a Socionics forum.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 05-29-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    DISCLAIMER

Thank you!