Thread: Socionics and MBTI best type matches

Creepy-ENFpChick

Default Socionics and MBTI best type matches

As an ENFP I have limited technical ability so not sure if I'm replying in the "right" way but oh well.

I find this whole ENFP ISTP dual conversation fascinating...so I'll just jump in.

Someone asked about the ENFP ENTP experience. Well, it's really exciting initially and lots of talk and spontaneous fun but then it's just overwhelming. I find ENTPs too wild and too talkative and too disorganized and too intellectual. We're just too alike and it burns out fast.

QUESTION: Other Myers-Briggs sites say that ENFPs get along well with INFJs or INTJs and that the "N" similarity is so key. This "theory" seems to contradict the socionic idea of ENFP-ISTP duality. What are people "experience" with this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics vs. MBTI recommended type matches

Quote Originally Posted by ENFpChick
    QUESTION: Other Myers-Briggs sites say that ENFPs get along well with INFJs or INTJs and that the "N" similarity is so key. This "theory" seems to contradict the socionic idea of ENFP-ISTP duality. What are people "experience" with this?
    Myer-Briggs is full of crap when it start to talk about type relations. I once read an MBTI ENTp description somewhere that said the natural partner for the ENTp is the ISFJ, which is total bullcrap considering that the one ISFj girl I tried to have a relationship turned almost overnight into an obsessive color-matching and nagging bitch.

Of course, the description probably ment ISFj as in socionic's ISFp , but I still think Myer-Briggs is full of crap regardless. My mother is socionic's ISFp and I get along with her great.

Creepy-pokeball

MBTI ISFJ is Si Fe Ti Ne. MBTI usually gives Socionics semi-duals the best likelyhood of success because of the stats on SJ/SP and NT/NF marriage combo successes. So the MBTI INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe) would be their best bet for my overall success.

I dont think either theory structure is bad. I do, however, think some MBTI is useless because of the amout of people that know it. These theory structures can be just as biased as politics sometimes lol. Its kinda sick =p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    MBTI ISFJ is Si Fe Ti Ne. MBTI usually gives Socionics semi-duals the best likelyhood of success because of the stats on SJ/SP and NT/NF marriage combo successes. So the MBTI INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe) would be their best bet for my overall success.

I dont think either theory structure is bad. I do, however, think some MBTI is useless because of the amout of people that know it. These theory structures can be just as biased as politics sometimes lol. Its kinda sick =p
    Yea.. I agree.. I usually see supervisory or illusionary relations as the ideal combo on MBTI sites.
    thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI can't be considered psychology or even science for that matter, because it's too optimistic and happy. Anything like that falls under the heading, "Humanism."
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour

Yea.. I agree.. I usually see supervisory or illusionary relations as the ideal combo on MBTI sites.
    That is totally idiotic. Illusionary relations may be a little superficial and boring, yet are not so bad.

But supervisory? That is one of the crappiest relations to ever have. What kind of an idiot would stay in a relationship like that, unless of course you like physical and emotional abuse in a relationship or enjoy being dominated by an unconfident and over-protective jackoff or actually being the jackoff...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

That is totally idiotic. Illusionary relations may be a little superficial and boring, yet are not so bad.

But supervisory? That is one of the crappiest relations to ever have. What kind of an idiot would stay in a relationship like that, unless of course you like physical and emotional abuse in a relationship or enjoy being dominated by an unconfident and over-protective jackoff or actually being the jackoff...
    heh.

That's what the MBTI sites say.

Not me.

If thats what you were thinking.
    thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

heh.

That's what the MBTI sites say.

Not me.

If thats what you were thinking.

No, I am not saying you were. But I think that it is proof that MBTI is completely flawed when it comes to determining which relationships are best.

And by the way, another proof that MBTI is officially retarded comes with what Jadae said about MBTIsaying that semi-dual is the best. Semi-dual relationships are actually not the best to have, mostly due to the fact that one of the partners usually end up repuled by the other and then they start to be repulsed by each other and avoid each other. Partly why semi-dual relationships usually do not tend to last very long ...

If MBTI is saying that semi-dualism, supervision, and illusionary relationshipsa are the best, MBTI has lost all credibility in my book and I think should be totally abondoned and laid to rest where it belongs. The information is just way too inaccurate to be reliable.

Creepy-pokeball

A few stated ISTP (Ti/Se) as an ENFJ match as well. The Semi-Dual was mainly Kiersey due to happy marriage patterns he has recorded. A true dual would definitely be better but the happy collision of the two seems to be rare. I think Socionics has major issues, too. The branches of Socionics (different points of authority) seem to disagree as much as the various branches of MBTI. Thats why Ive been screaming "morrrrrrrre clarity" over and over again. Its not that Im anal about clarity but that all the various trains of thought over temperament are becoming train wrecks.

btw: Im sorry we got off topic. I shouldnt even be in delta =\

ps. Cone-- Science isnt dark either. It should be neutral.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jadae, I have never experienced the problem with socionics that you mentioned ... everything I have learned about socionics so far I have seen personal proof that it works that way.

Of course, I am also activelly deconstructing and rebuilding socionics in concept and often times I have found myself to have accidently reinvented documented concepts in the process; but, that is what ENTps do best. Maybe I am not seeing the same thing as a result of that.

Creepy-pokeball

There is some info by Dmitri on this site if I can find it again about the disagreements of various points of authority within Socionics.

Im not sure. I can tell you what Id like to see more of from both: MORE REAL STATS. More real info. Less "astrology."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure. I can tell you what Id like to see more of from both: MORE REAL STATS. More real info. Less "astrology."
    Ohhh, I agree with that ... I guess you could say that is our vision with the socion.info website, and also another reason why I have been asking people to help write material.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps. Cone-- Science isnt dark either. It should be neutral.
    I didn't imply that it was dark. Stop supervising me!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed that, yes, these types seem to come together often. Even on this site there have been a lot of INTJ-ENFP type things. The best way I can explain this is that these types are more intune on a physical level. Socionics has a theory called "Erotic Attitudes" and, suprisingly enough, ENFPs, INTJs, INFJs and ENTPs are all in the same group (there are four). I think this has a lot to do with relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    MBTI can't be considered psychology or even science for that matter, because it's too optimistic and happy. Anything like that falls under the heading, "Humanism."
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code:

rMcNew, we should start an offical anti ISFJ website.

Back to the main topic.

{♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }