Thread: Confused IEI/EIE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Confused IEI/EIE

I'm super embarassed for attention whoring here again, but as time goes on, I get more and more confused about my typing and I would really appreciate if anyone would care to answer a few more questions (I would be especially happy if some EIE's would chime in)..

I was death sure I was IEI, but when I saw @LostInDreams (I hope you're not angry that I give you as an example ) typed as IEI -Ni, I started to wonder....

How big is a difference between Fe-IEI and Ni-IEI ? I feel I use waaaay more Fe in my communication style
    If she's enneagram 1w2 and I'm 4w3, isn't there quite a huge temperamental difference between the two? Is that possible under the same type? I always thought IEI's are supposed to be 4's.

Also, as it was suggested to me before that I might be EIE, I looked at some female descriptions of these girlies and almost everything hit home with me (but also an IEI description somehow - like two parts of my personality ). I admit I didn't even look at them before because I was so against this typing.Also on tests I get EIE 90% as likely as Fe- IEI.

I would just like to know, how histrionic can IEI's be? While I generally don't have a lot of (negative) emotional outburts, I really really hate it if I don't get any attention in a social setting and I always make sure I do, otherwise I completely stop speaking and look above everyone else or just plain leave . Oldham's dramatic personality style describes me perfectly.

Also, how manipulative are IEI's compared to EIE's? I feel like I manipulate very well with my emotions (NOT in a malicious manner most of the time, I want people to like me and feel good about themselves. Not to sound full of myself, but IRL I've seriously never met anyone who didn't like me if I wanted him to. If I really can't stand someone, I'm cold as ice and very arrogant . And I also have kind of an haughty and elegant way of carrying myself and doing stuff - like I'm constantly performing in front of an audience (god that sounds stupid).

How professional and perfectionistic are EIE's? Cause I'm none of those things. I'm very hardworking and nit-picky only when what I'm doing interests me or makes sense (which is not a lot of things), otherwise I couldn't bother.

To sum up, I was just really surprised at how much more logical and stoic LostInDreams was compared to me. But at the same time I know lots of women who are much louder and drama queenish than me, so I have no idea where to draw the line between types. I remember I read a really good description of Ni-EIE girl (compared to Fe-EIE gay guy) posted by someone on this forum, but I can't find it anywhere, otherwise I probably wouldn't even make this thread (I know this is a very tired discussion)...

Thanks everyone for the input!

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post

To sum up, I was just really surprised at how much more logical and stoic LostInDreams was compared to me. But at the same time I know lots of women who are much louder and drama queenish than me, so I have no idea where to draw the line between types. I remember I read a really good description of Ni-EIE girl (compared to Fe-EIE gay guy) posted by someone on this forum, but I can't find it anywhere, otherwise I probably wouldn't even make this thread (I know this is a very tired discussion)...

Wait for her type to be really set in stone and final. I suspect she's not ethical. Anyway, wouldn't one person be bad reason to change type? Would you have doubted your type if you'd left the forum shortly after finding your type? This forum fosters doubt in a way

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Reficulris, yeah I think this forum is really bad for me. Like I'm not self-centered enough as it is. And then there are people who don't have food

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also on tests I get EIE 90% as likely as Fe- IEI.
    I wouldn't pay much notice to this. It's very vague and meaningless.

I would just like to know, how histrionic can IEI's be? While I generally don't have a lot of (negative) emotional outburts, I really really hate it if I don't get any attention in a social setting and I always make sure I do, otherwise I completely stop speaking and look above everyone else or just plain leave . Oldham's dramatic personality style describes me perfectly.
    Oh, I don't know about this, to be honest. Maybe it's a 4w3 thing.

Also, how manipulative are IEI's compared to EIE's? I feel like I manipulate very well with my emotions (NOT in a malicious manner most of the time, I want people to like me and feel good about themselves. Not to sound full of myself, but IRL I've seriously never met anyone who didn't like me if I wanted him to. If I really can't stand someone, I'm cold as ice and very arrogant . And I also have kind of an haughty and elegant way of carrying myself and doing stuff - like I'm constantly performing in front of an audience (god that sounds stupid).
    I think the difference is what you are trying to achieve. I mean, an EIE using base Fe would use it to make people feel the same way about something as them. An IEI would use it to make an impression, or help communicate their ideas in a way in which causes the other person to feel better disposed towards these ideas. So EIEs want people to agree with what they're saying; IEIs want people to accept what they're saying/

Another thing, and I think this is the clearest difference: What is your mindset? Are you focused on the many or the few?

How professional and perfectionistic are EIE's? Cause I'm none of those things. I'm very hardworking and nit-picky only when what I'm doing interests me or makes sense (which is not a lot of things), otherwise I couldn't bother.
    I'm IEI (other ideas are currently floating about on the forum), and I can say I am absolutely perfectionist and single-minded. But I work completely alone, so professionalism doesn't come into it.

The case here is simple, you are more influenced by creative - Fe / she is more influenced by mobilising - Ti.

I would be interested in hearing about the comparison description if you find it.
    Good luck in your typing!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend trying to look for the subtle behavioural differences triggered by the alternative Suggestive and Mobilizing functions.

IEI has Se Suggestive and Ti Mobilizing

Se suggestive - Let's others earn and take the lead before engaging in any action
    Ti mobilizing - As debate arises rambles on in depth about whatever problem has their passionate focus ignoring external input

EIE has Ti Suggestive and Se Mobilizing

Ti suggestive - Admires those who they find to have clear and intelligent logic and then accepts the guidance of these individuals
    Se mobilizing - As activities occur throws themselves into activities where they can release physical energy in a group due to a pressing need to 'just do things'.

These aren't perfect descriptions but I hope they can help to create a discussion on a clear to observe distinction between the types.

Looking at 4D and 3D dimensionality in the ego block and trying to split those apart is messy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Last edited by Aylen; 12-29-2020 at 08:30 PM. Reason: link

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I would recommend trying to look for the subtle behavioural differences triggered by the alternative Suggestive and Mobilizing functions.

IEI has Se Suggestive and Ti Mobilizing

Se suggestive - Let's others earn and take the lead before engaging in any action
    Ti mobilizing - As debate arises rambles on in depth about whatever problem has their passionate focus ignoring external input

EIE has Ti Suggestive and Se Mobilizing

Ti suggestive - Admires those who they find to have clear and intelligent logic and then accepts the guidance of these individuals
    Se mobilizing - As activities occur throws themselves into activities where they can release physical energy in a group due to a pressing need to 'just do things'.

These aren't perfect descriptions but I hope they can help to create a discussion on a clear to observe distinction between the types.

Looking at 4D and 3D dimensionality in the ego block and trying to split those apart is messy.
    @InvisibleJim, that's really helpful, thanks a lot. You know I'm really trying to dig deeper into myself, but it's so hard to see these motivations and to see yourself objectively.

I absolutely have a big pressing need to "just do things" and am really reckless. I get into all sorts of stupid situations and adventures by myself if nobody else wants to do it with me. And I'm always trying to "spoil" people and motivate them into joining me on adventures. But at the same time I love it even more if somebody else takes the lead. It's like I'm waiting for some "stronger" person and then I just say fuck it and do it myself And I'm not a big loudmouth entertainer type in the company of unknown people at all.

At the same time I sometimes do ramble on and on and don't want to listen to anyone else, because I believe I'm right.

I also wanted to ask (that's again a superficial question) but what the hell....Is it acceptable for IEI's to be quite superficial and focused on aesthetics? Not in the intellectual sense, cause I'm quite a nerd and an intellectual snob, but as in knowing all the latest fashions, all the celebrities, going clubbing all the time, etc. And dress in flashy, colorful ways? Cause all the IEI's I meet seem to be very "dark" and broody looking compared to me (not meant as an offense, I just feel so mainstream in comparison, if you catch my drift) . I look like a ditz so I'm not sure if this is normal or I'm living in a delusion

And just to illustrate my point haha, from the people writing on this forum I've always felt like Scarlettlux was pretty similar to me (I have no idea if she's still around).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the same time I sometimes do ramble on and on and don't want to listen to anyone else, because I believe I'm right.
    Right as in opinion or logic? IEIs will get hung up on the logic, and try to dig themselves out of logic holes they've created for themselves. EIEs will say "this is good, other opinions are available, but they're wrong!"

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm super embarassed for attention whoring here again, but as time goes on, I get more and more confused about my typing and I would really appreciate if anyone would care to answer a few more questions (I would be especially happy if some EIE's would chime in)..

I was death sure I was IEI, but when I saw @LostInDreams (I hope you're not angry that I give you as an example ) typed as IEI -Ni, I started to wonder....

How big is a difference between Fe-IEI and Ni-IEI ? I feel I use waaaay more Fe in my communication style
    If she's enneagram 1w2 and I'm 4w3, isn't there quite a huge temperamental difference between the two? Is that possible under the same type? I always thought IEI's are supposed to be 4's.

Also, as it was suggested to me before that I might be EIE, I looked at some female descriptions of these girlies and almost everything hit home with me (but also an IEI description somehow - like two parts of my personality ). I admit I didn't even look at them before because I was so against this typing.Also on tests I get EIE 90% as likely as Fe- IEI.

My impression is still IEI, a strong Fe subtype, maybe intensified because of living in a Beta rational household. Here I'm just building on what you said. Enneatype surely different from LostInDreams (E9 sp/sx...? just saying). If you want to see a IEI you may resonate with more, check out Aivonaima.

To answer questions beyond this: EIE can be manipulative, but usually they seem more "active aggressive" than IEI. And they are quite good at "manipulation" of ideology, cultural myths (and wars). The way I see it, Ni creative is group-oriented or at least observes and wants to control (predict, take advantage of etc.) mass trends. IEIs seem a lot more individualistic in their interests. Imo EIEs often have broader causes and, as strategic types, they operate along the lines of long-term goals a lot. Think Malcolm X or Che Guevara. Of course you don't have to compare yourself only to culturally influential personalities ...just to give you an idea. As constructivists, they are not so much into manipulating via emotion only to make ppl like them or feel good about themselves. Actually EIEs are more likely not to care so much if people like them - they are more pleased to have followers/supporters than simple fans. As someone explained quite well around here, Fe base constructivism takes emotional content more seriously, it's a raw reality for them. IEIs are said to go more according to their moods ...although Fe as a function can read as "moods". EIEs can manage their own states of mind (feeling) better, I think. And maybe others' as well.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I was death sure I was IEI, but when I saw @LostInDreams (I hope you're not angry that I give you as an example ) typed as IEI -Ni, I started to wonder...
    Good evening beauty,

No need to worry I am absolutely not angry.
    My typing is in process so you can start by taking a breathe, smile and get back to your choice, if this something you are confident about
    I am absolutely not a reference but rather a problem to solve
    As @Aylen I learnt a lot through that Lilith's thread, each person has different life experiences, cultures, education...
    Since you've mentioned me, I am sorry, I will speak a bit about myself, so you could compare a bit more.

I think that I am 1w2 but I may be wrong here, you know.
    I do come across very aloof in videos mainly because I feel really awkward and stressed as hell in front of the camera.
    I am funnier and cheerier IRL, especially when I am with people.
    The reason I cannot be EIE is that I DO NOT need people to do things. I am way better spending my time alone.
    I can go eating to a restaurant alone during my lunch break and do that at least once a week. Not specifically for the food even if it's nice too, but to breathe and get my spirit free from people.
    But I can choose to be around them from time to time and then I am very social.
    Just need a lot of time to recover afterwards, otherwise I get really grumpy.

As I said, none of the descriptions fits me. I am not a sweet IEI flower nor a cold blooded INTp mastermind for example.
    Why am I talking about INTp, it's because I tested as INTJ in MBTI (online and during the official assessment), supposed to be ILI in socionics.
    The first socionics test I took gave me LII, then ILI. I tried it again a few minutes ago, I got IEI 2Ni, but I wonder if I am just not influenced by the forum?
    I also tried this one : http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?0:::
    I got INTj as conscious, INTp as unconscious and INFp in the reversed mode

I cannot speak for others but I crave attention and at the same time feel awkward when I get too much of it.
    I can relate to the bold part.
    For emotional manipulation, I always win in debates, discussions, conflictual conversations.
    Mainly because I almost never start those and I just know where and how to lead to make people feel guilty if needed
    Compared to you I can have outbursts sometimes. If there is no one around, I am capable either to hit the wall with my feet and end up by injuring myself or feel such a victim for my stupidity, I also happen to blame myself for all the problems of the world.

I learnt to build strong personal boundaries and do enjoy having a lot of dignity (not saying this is not your case ) so that's why I avoid as much as I can nagging, whining or any drama queenish like stuff.
    I can also be loud, emotional and dramatic, I just learnt to deal with it ... I know where it comes from, thanks to father Freud.

Anyhow, you are who you are... and besides, you seem to be a lovely person full of humour

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Right as in opinion or logic? IEIs will get hung up on the logic, and try to dig themselves out of logic holes they've created for themselves. EIEs will say "this is good, other opinions are available, but they're wrong!"
    Both ? I really think I do both. Sometimes my opinions are right because they just are (there's nothing that could convince me otherwise) and other times I get really hung up on logics, in a Ti kinda way, trying to manipulate the facts (and sometimes even make up them up) just so I get out on top and win the argument (even if I've noticed in the middle of it that I'm in the wrong). Also I make logical categories in my mind all the time (comparing different objects/people and putting them into categories for example)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember I read a really good description of Ni-EIE girl (compared to Fe-EIE gay guy) posted by someone on this forum, but I can't find it anywhere, otherwise I probably wouldn't even make this thread (I know this is a very tired discussion)...
    that's what you were looking for

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both ? I really think I do both. Sometimes my opinions are right because they just are (there's nothing that could convince me otherwise) and other times I get really hung up on logics, in a Ti kinda way, trying to manipulate the facts (and sometimes even make up them up) just so I get out on top and win the argument (even if I've noticed in the middle of it that I'm in the wrong). Also I make logical categories in my mind all the time (comparing different objects/people and putting them into categories for example)
    Honestly, you could be either. Putting people into categories is indicative of the Aristocratic attitude, so again, it doesn't narrow it down...

Oh, wait I know what to ask...

Would you prefer to appear (or prove that you are) logical, knowledgeable, understandable (an interesting one) and intelligent; or rich, powerful, beautiful, successful and skilful?

Do you feel comfortable in a place, or with someone, with whom you are moving towards something real and tangible (like wealth and sucess); or with whom you are free from doubt and uncertainty?

So, for you, is it the two on the left or the two on the right?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Would you prefer to appear (or prove that you are) logical, knowledgeable, understandable (an interesting one) and intelligent; or rich, powerful, beautiful, successful and skilful?
    Yes all of the above and more. heh I know you didn't ask me but....

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Yes all of the above and more. heh I know you didn't ask me but....
    All of them?! Greedy!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a completely different note... I was looking at the article About Aspects and Functions in Socionics by Prokofieva. It seems that IEIs and EIEs spend a lot of time (ego) in the realm of "implicit dynamics". That can't be good.

Edit: So not only are we seeing unseen things, but unseen things that are constantly changing.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-14-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: additional content

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    My impression is still IEI, a strong Fe subtype, maybe intensified because of living in a Beta rational household. Here I'm just building on what you said. Enneatype surely different from LostInDreams (E9 sp/sx...? just saying). If you want to see a IEI you may resonate with more, check out Aivonaima.

To answer questions beyond this: EIE can be manipulative, but usually they seem more "active aggressive" than IEI. And they are quite good at "manipulation" of ideology, cultural myths (and wars). The way I see it, Ni creative is group-oriented or at least observes and wants to control (predict, take advantage of etc.) mass trends. IEIs seem a lot more individualistic in their interests. Imo EIEs often have broader causes and, as strategic types, they operate along the lines of long-term goals a lot. Think Malcolm X or Che Guevara. Of course you don't have to compare yourself only to culturally influential personalities ...just to give you an idea. As constructivists, they are not so much into manipulating via emotion only to make ppl like them or feel good about themselves. Actually EIEs are more likely not to care so much if people like them - they are more pleased to have followers/supporters than simple fans. As someone explained quite well around here, Fe base constructivism takes emotional content more seriously, it's a raw reality for them. IEIs are said to go more according to their moods ...although Fe as a function can read as "moods". EIEs can manage their own states of mind (feeling) better, I think. And maybe others' as well.
    I thought things through and it's true, I'm not agressive or bossy in general. I see this difference with me and my mom, who I'm sure is EIE. She is in general quite bossy and confrontational and compared to her I'm much more chillax and go with the flow.

But what we share is our view of world (we're both very judgmental, I even more than her) and we're constantly having debates how the world is fucked up, what should be changed, the poor, underpriviliged, minorities, etc.We're both sort of like batshit militaristic lefty types. I can be hardcore agressive and annoying when it comes to topics like this and I am perfectly capable of yelling at anybody, even some hardcore CEO powerful people that I'm othervise afraid of. People that don't know me always get scared of me after situations like this and have no idea where this aggression came from - I go from composed and quiet to vulgar monster in a sec And in this instances I want people necesserally to agree with me - I don't just present my opinion, I want to change theirs. And if they don't agree I'm right, I put them on my shit list forever

But I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say I'm some sort of revolutionary leader or that I want followers. But yes, it's very important for me that people close to me share my ideologies and world views, otherwise I judge them negatively for it all the time (they lose points in my mind for each wrong opinion haha) I've always felt like I'm good at altering people's view on things as well, cause I kinda see where they're coming from, how to explain things to each individual person and I'm trying to alter their opinion to match my own.

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Aisa, thanks!

Honestly, you could be either. Putting people into categories is indicative of the Aristocratic attitude, so again, it doesn't narrow it down...

Oh, wait I know what to ask...

Do you feel comfortable in a place, or with someone, with whom you are moving towards something real and tangible (like wealth and sucess); or with whom you are free from doubt and uncertainty?

So, for you, is it the two on the left or the two on the right?
    Haha, all of these. Ok, powerful and successful is not that important to me, More like pretty, rich, coolest, that everybody envies - but in a special snowflake kind of way I'm not that hung up on knowledgeable or logical in fact. I was always confident in my intellectual abilities and if I don't understand smthng (for example math, physics), I don't have problems admitting it at all. I'm very blond/ignorant when it comes to certain topics.

I really don't know on the second answer, I would maybe prefer if the person I'm with would work on his success and just take me along for the ride. And I would be more of a supporter and adviser. But I want to be free of doubt and uncertainty that he will indeed not fail at this
    Last edited by darya; 05-14-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    That's interesting. I'm thinking I may have mistyped myself. (If this is accurate) I mean, somebody please give me clarity!

EDIT: I'm just realising how much that sounded like suggestive .

EDIT: @darya, are you goal oriented or process oriented? Relaxed or restless? Passive or proactive?
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-14-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: c

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Good evening beauty,

No need to worry I am absolutely not angry.
    My typing is in process so you can start by taking a breathe, smile and get back to your choice, if this something you are confident about
    I am absolutely not a reference but rather a problem to solve
    As @Aylen I learnt a lot through that Lilith's thread, each person has different life experiences, cultures, education...
    Since you've mentioned me, I am sorry, I will speak a bit about myself, so you could compare a bit more.

I think that I am 1w2 but I may be wrong here, you know.
    I do come across very aloof in videos mainly because I feel really awkward and stressed as hell in front of the camera.
    I am funnier and cheerier IRL, especially when I am with people.
    The reason I cannot be EIE is that I DO NOT need people to do things. I am way better spending my time alone.
    I can go eating to a restaurant alone during my lunch break and do that at least once a week. Not specifically for the food even if it's nice too, but to breathe and get my spirit free from people.
    But I can choose to be around them from time to time and then I am very social.
    Just need a lot of time to recover afterwards, otherwise I get really grumpy.

As I said, none of the descriptions fits me. I am not a sweet IEI flower nor a cold blooded INTp mastermind for example.
    Why am I talking about INTp, it's because I tested as INTJ in MBTI (online and during the official assessment), supposed to be ILI in socionics.
    The first socionics test I took gave me LII, then ILI. I tried it again a few minutes ago, I got IEI 2Ni, but I wonder if I am just not influenced by the forum?
    I also tried this one : http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?0:::
    I got INTj as conscious, INTp as unconscious and INFp in the reversed mode

I cannot speak for others but I crave attention and at the same time feel awkward when I get too much of it.
    I can relate to the bold part.
    For emotional manipulation, I always win in debates, discussions, conflictual conversations.
    Mainly because I almost never start those and I just know where and how to lead to make people feel guilty if needed
    Compared to you I can have outbursts sometimes. If there is no one around, I am capable either to hit the wall with my feet and end up by injuring myself or feel such a victim for my stupidity, I also happen to blame myself for all the problems of the world.

I learnt to build strong personal boundaries and do enjoy having a lot of dignity (not saying this is not your case ) so that's why I avoid as much as I can nagging, whining or any drama queenish like stuff.
    I can also be loud, emotional and dramatic, I just learnt to deal with it ... I know where it comes from, thanks to father Freud.

Anyhow, you are who you are... and besides, you seem to be a lovely person full of humour
    LostInDreams, thanks, you're so sweet. I wanted to tell you before that you look 25 (and very pretty and mysterious and exactly how I picture an IEI looks-wise ). I often say things without thinking them through, so now I've changed my opinion as you do seem very cheerful and funny. I totally get it, I switch from moody/melancholy to upbeat in different settings and with different people as well. In fact I have so many different personas in different circles that it's sometimes hard for me to know who I really am.I think that's why I have so many difficulties with typing myself. I'm so inconsistent and contradicting personality wise I'm confusing even to myself.

But I have to say I relate to you much more than I thought at first and I can see you as IEI now And thanks for describing yourself, it was very helpful.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@The Martrix, hehe, I also feel like I have to get to the bottom of this and have clarity. But I don't know if that is really my hidden agenda. And is "to be successful" only meant in a professional arena? Cause I definitely want to give an image that I'm successful and I would absolutely hate it if others thought I'm a loser (pity is an emotion I detest the most. I rather die than have someone pity me). I prefer people hating me than thinking I'm some loser. But I'm not really ambitious if that makes sense - it's more about the image. I always get a feeling like EIE's are suppossed to be highly ambitious and professionally accommplished - I'm more ambitious about a cause for example, fighting for the poor, not competitive in a bussiness way. My perfect job would be working for non-profit org. for example. And also 'm pretty lazy. But then I read thinks like this and it gets more and more confusing

The quintessence of EIEs is what you might call "external self-expression." This is a striving to express externally the urges, passions, and desires one experiences internally. EIEs like to continually draw attention to themselves by making unexpected, abrubt statements, using unusual words or intonations, developing a striking outward appearance, and otherwise sticking out of the "dull crowd."

EIEs' professional activities provide an additional arena for self-expression. EIEs are as much or more interested in their image and others' emotional response to them as in the productivity of their work itself. They strive to be stimulating, captivating, and riveting in whatever they do. They have a great need to evoke an emotional response in other people.

EIEs enjoy being controversial, enigmatic figures. This allows them greater freedom for self-expression that might not fit in the boundaries that others would otherwise assign to them. They enjoy "changing their masks" to rivet others' attention toward them and foil those that would like to "put them in a box." Many EIEs have so many different personas that they wonder who they are "in reality."

Many EIEs declare that they "hate boundaries and limitations," which may at first glance appear to be a rejection of introverted logic. In actuality it is not structure that they reject (they actually welcome and require structure to feel secure), but rather limitations on their self-expression — what they can talk about and how they may express themselves at any given moment. EIEs reject the idea of basing their lives on "being productive, rational, and useful," choosing instead to do as their passions dictate. This focus on self-expression stimulates others around them to also be more expressive and focused on what they are feeling. The EIE usually leads in this process, having the richest arsenal of feelings and means of expressing them.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Martrix, hehe, I also feel like I have to get to the bottom of this and have clarity. But I don't know if that is really my hidden agenda. And is "to be successful" only meant in a professional arena?
    is concerned with action in the real world, and therefore based on material, measurable constructs. It's also concerned with image. So, I would say......yes.

I have an idea:

Write down 15 words that unequivocally describe you. These must be words someone who knows you very well describes you as. We may get a better sense of you from that. Possibly.

I've just done this. The words that came back at me are: Analytical, Audacious, Ambitious, Commanding, Doubtful, Gregarious, Humanitarian, Intellectual, Paternal, Private, Leader, Reserved, Romantic, Self-Assertive, Theoretical. Some of these seem to go completely against IEI, but I don't know.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI are scared of being incompetent and fear of fights or agression.
    EIE are scared of being sick and fear of being evaluated (large sense: work, intellectually etc) fear of being perceved as not understanding something (will often lie about knowing something he just learned from you)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@The Martrix, Ok, let me try. These are definitelly true, I've heard them many times from others and I agree:

playful, judgemental, analytical, thrill-seeking, vain, manipulative/truth -altering , idealistic, arrogant, enigmatic, lazy, empathic, free spirit, provocative, messy, hilarious

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    IEI are scared of being incompetent and fear of fights or agression.
    EIE are scared of being sick and fear of being evaluated (large sense: work, intellectually etc) fear of being perceved as not understanding something (will often lie about knowing something he just learned from you)
    Uh, oh. I definitely fear being evaluated. Could I be EIE? Could it be possible?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the opposite! One funny thing I've just been told: always when the video-camera was recording during holidays my Granddad would say, "That wretched boy! Does he have to hog the limelight so much?" When I see myself on video I get angry. I want "me" to shut up and calm down.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-14-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Martrix, Ok, let me try. These are definitelly true, I've heard them many times from others and I agree:

playful, judgemental, analytical, thrill-seeking, vain, manipulative/truth -altering , idealistic, arrogant, enigmatic, lazy, empathic, free spirit, provocative, messy, hilarious
    Wow. We only share one descriptive word...

I can see a lot of here. But I sense a lack of that you can provide for yourself.
    Are you more a leader of a follower?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Uh, oh. I definitely fear being evaluated. Could I be EIE? Could it be possible?
    Hahaha sorry for this confusion dear. I'm sure we're just a bunch of delusional IEI's

These definitions are too vague. I'm afraid of all these things

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow. We only share one descriptive word...

I can see a lot of here. But I sense a lack of that you can provide for yourself.
    Are you more a leader of a follower?
    I'm more of a follower (as in taking action, not in doing what society/ authority tells me to). And yeah, sixth sense also tells me that Se is what I need...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more of a follower (as in taking action, not in doing what society/ authority tells me to). And yeah, sixth sense also tells me that Se is what I need...
    All, well that must be the difference. If I know what I'm doing, I'll always prefer to take the leadership role. And then again, I'm one of the least materialistic people on the planet. Anyway, can you get an intellectual EIE? I'm certain I'm not IEI-Fe. I'm too exuberant normally for IEI-Ni. Maybe EIE-Ni.

I still think IEI-Fe 4w3 fits you well.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha sorry for this confusion dear. I'm sure we're just a bunch of delusional IEI's

These definitions are too vague. I'm afraid of all these things
    You could be right.

What do you fear? I fear dying without having achieved what I have set out to do. And a lot of other trivial stuff.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

LostInDreams, thanks, you're so sweet. I wanted to tell you before that you look 25 (and very pretty and mysterious and exactly how I picture an IEI looks-wise ). I often say things without thinking them through, so now I've changed my opinion as you do seem very cheerful and funny. I totally get it, I switch from moody/melancholy to upbeat in different settings and with different people as well. In fact I have so many different personas in different circles that it's sometimes hard for me to know who I really am.I think that's why I have so many difficulties with typing myself. I'm so inconsistent and contradicting personality wise I'm confusing even to myself.

But I have to say I relate to you much more than I thought at first and I can see you as IEI now And thanks for describing yourself, it was very helpful.
    Thank you for all of those compliments, honey.
    I can't even imagine how I relate to the bold stuff.
    I think that IEI-Fe us a good match for you

I'm the opposite! One funny thing I've just been told: always when the video-camera was recording during holidays my Granddad would say, "That wretched boy! Does he have to hog the limelight so much?" When I see myself on video I get angry. I want "me" to shut up and calm down.
    I need to be drunk to get a bit relaxed in front of the camera
    Maybe I will try to make a drunk video soon?...

Aren't you secretly wishing to be close to completely crazy and bold people around that would make you do insane stuff? Going far and pushing the limits of the possible and even acceptable?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@The Martrix

My biggest fears:
    - being old, ugly and lonely.
    - having no other choice but to live a boring life where every day is the same and there is no passion for anything.
    - being seriously sick or disabled

trivial stuff:
    - darkness (sleep with lights on)
    - flying (never fly sober)
    - big empty/open spaces as in fields, planes,...
    - insects

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All, well that must be the difference. If I know what I'm doing, I'll always prefer to take the leadership role. And then again, I'm one of the least materialistic people on the planet. Anyway, can you get an intellectual EIE? I'm certain I'm not IEI-Fe. I'm too exuberant normally for IEI-Ni. Maybe EIE-Ni.

I still think IEI-Fe 4w3 fits you well.
    Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that this typing is probably correct

But for you...while I think EIE's can definitely be intellectual, I really have no idea. You really surprised me with your adjectives. You sound rational from them. Maybe you should make a video, since you enjoy the spotlight so much

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aren't you secretly wishing to be close to completely crazy and bold people around that would make you do insane stuff? Going far and pushing the limits of the possible and even acceptable?
    I whole-heartedly support the drunk video idea

I misread that as "crazy and bald" and I was like In case of bold - yeah, bring the crazies

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that this typing is probably correct

But for you...while I think EIE's can definitely be intellectual, I really have no idea. You really surprised me with your adjectives. You sound rational from them. Maybe you should make a video, since you enjoy the spotlight so much
    Oh, I will! I really don't love the spotlight, but I seem to follow it around.

I'm starting to think I've been barking up the wrong tree with EIE now. I've never been an extrovert.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote yes! (Voting's closed!)You're doing it. I will probably look drunk in mine anyway.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I whole-heartedly support the drunk video idea
    I vote yes! (Voting's closed!)You're doing it. I will probably look drunk in mine anyway.
    I will think about it...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG u guyz now I'm not sure which one I am! The self-doubt is neverending!!!!!!

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    OMG u guyz now I'm not sure which one I am! The self-doubt is neverending!!!!!!
    Oh noezz!!! What do you propose we should do? How can we resolve this issue once and for all ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast