Thread: Social MBTI experiment- disproves N/S relationship myths

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Social MBTI experiment- disproves N/S relationship myths

The forum isn't coming back. NCen didn't work. It didn't go down in a blaze of glory. Intuitives were united, and they irritated one another. It died a slow, painful death- this is merely the tombstone.
    I somehow find that immensly pleasing.

http://intuitivecentral.com/
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really believed it!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But was the reason that they irritated each other because they were all N's, or was it because a lot of them (not all) were emotional and psychological wrecks whose lives were a mess, and not exactly the most friendly, stable, and open people?

Personally I clashed big time with the INFp's on that site. My kept PoLR slapping all of them.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj
    ...because a lot of them (not all) were emotional and psychological wrecks whose lives were a mess....
    I'm glad you brought this up. My famous last words:

Do you really believe the people on this forum are any different, then? Give it a thought: is there a realtionship between Socionics on the one hand, and neurosis and psychopathology on the other hand? Or is Socionics already about psychopathological modes? :wink:
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    ...because a lot of them (not all) were emotional and psychological wrecks whose lives were a mess....

Do you really believe the people on this forum are any different, then? Give it a thought: is there a realtionship between Socionics on the one hand, and neurosis and psychopathology on the other hand? Or is Socionics already about psychopathological modes? :wink:
    Guess who usually thinks that everybody except him is crazy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That forum went down because an ENFj left.

Personally I clashed big time with the INFp's on that site. My kept PoLR slapping all of them.
    No you didn't. You had common sense. I agreed in every point with you just didn't voice my opinions.

EDIT: Another poster, the ADD unfriendly one was the PoLR slaper

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult

Guess who usually thinks that everybody except him is crazy?
    ORLY?

Well let's see about that... I've had thus far in 28 years of life

- a perfectly normal childhood
    - perfectly normal parents, who are not divorced
    - pefectly normal grade school education and experience
    - perfectly normal college education, both undergrad and graduate
    - perfectly normal relationships with people
    - a perfectly normal wife and marriage
    - perfectly normal jobs and career path
    - perfectly normal political views, as per Pew Research data.

Now compare that with a lot (not all) of people at NCen who reported openly in their own blog/personal threads about...

- divorced parents
    - divorced themselves
    - going through bitter breakups
    - ADHD, and many other disorders
    - depression
    - difficulty in school
    - difficulty at work
    - difficulty in maintaining relationships with people
    - are off the chart left/right/whatever politically
    - and on and on and on...

So when I go on that site and suddenly I have a bunch of people telling me what a fucked up whack job I surely must be, who am I to believe? Lets just say that patients in a psych ward are not a good judge of whether something is "normal" or not. My wife was seeing a patient once for a neuro evaluation who insisted that it was 1972 and thought everybody was crazy when they told him it was 2005, and even showed him newspapers (this was last year). These people are NOT the type to solicit advice or views from.

Most people seem to think that I'm a fucked up whack job because I am politically conservative. Pew Research says my views are pretty normal, so those that think that might want to check up on that.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad I was speaking with consentingadult

Oh, and listing qualifications is a pathetic fallacy.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    That forum went down because an ENFj left.

No you didn't. You had common sense. I agreed in every point with you just didn't voice my opinions.

EDIT: Another poster, the ADD unfriendly one was the PoLR slaper
    If you agreed with everything I said, then you must be "abnormal" too. Welcome to the club.

I know there were more than a few other people who agreed with my views also, because they would PM me and say so, but just didn't want to get into fights with people they had sorta become friends with. Maybe they were the ENFjs that left. The lack of people willing to backup a minority political view on that site (which is anything to the right of hillary clinton) just emboldens the others into thinking that they were right and that I really am some fucked up whack neo nazi fascist christian fundamentalist nutter psycho. But that's the sort of extremely skewed and distorted perspective that you get when you're living in a bubble on the intardnet and not out in the real world.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Too bad I was speaking with consentingadult
    oh sorry! my bad.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drats, I forgot to make my point!

My point is, I really don't think having a bunch of N's in the same room and that they couldn't get along is what did that site in. That's drastically oversimplifying things, but (@ rocky) I think you were half-joking anyways.

Personally, I like the mix at this site a lot better. That and I think MBTI has been overrun with a bunch of stereotypical bullshit anyways. After my last post there a week ago roasting it, I had somebody PM me saying that I need to be "more tolerant" and that F types shy away from conflict. UGH! I should introduce them to my wife.

Creepy-pokeball

I thought that site was loonier than an asyllum, too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think that there is perhapsa certain level to which Ns are drawn to each other, but it is easy to see why they drove each other crazy. I think the Ns drove each other crazy simply because they rely on different functions and approaches to using that N.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-pokeball

Im still going with the fucked-in-the-head theory. Those people made me feel weird and many of them seemed highly self-centered.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is always the distinct possibility. Insanity thrives and multiplies in numbers.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there were more than a few other people who agreed with my views also, because they would PM me and say so, but just didn't want to get into fights with people they had sorta become friends with. Maybe they were the ENFjs that left. The lack of people willing to backup a minority political view on that site (which is anything to the right of hillary clinton) just emboldens the others into thinking that they were right and that I really am some fucked up whack neo nazi fascist christian fundamentalist nutter psycho. But that's the sort of extremely skewed and distorted perspective that you get when you're living in a bubble on the intardnet and not out in the real world.
    YEAH!!!!..... what were you talking about again? I forgot

drats, I forgot to make my point!

My point is, I really don't think having a bunch of N's in the same room and that they couldn't get along is what did that site in. That's drastically oversimplifying things, but (@ rocky) I think you were half-joking anyways.

Personally, I like the mix at this site a lot better. That and I think MBTI has been overrun with a bunch of stereotypical bullshit anyways. After my last post there a week ago roasting it, I had somebody PM me saying that I need to be "more tolerant" and that F types shy away from conflict. UGH! I should introduce them to my wife.
    MBTI *is* stereotypical bullshit.

And you are far, far, faaaaaaaaaaar more gentler then any ENTj I've even seen before. Why is that?

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    And you are far, far, faaaaaaaaaaar more gentler then any ENTj I've even seen before. Why is that?
    Maybe I'm not really an ENTj. In the 6 months since I've been here it seems like about half the people here switched their declared type, so maybe it's my turn now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the whole idea of a place just for intuitives seems kind of elitest anyway. So I can see the appeal to those who felt they were elite. The egos must have been fun.

Although it might have been nice to visit had I known of its existence.

That's it!! It didn't have enough ENTps!!!!

"F types shy away from conflict"

Unless they are the ones causing it lol.
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly
    Well the whole idea of a place just for intuitives seems kind of elitest anyway. So I can see the appeal to those who felt they were elite. The egos must have been fun.
    Actually it was started by the biggest elitist ever.