Thread: There's a Creature in my attic

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default There's a Creature in my attic

There is this loud gnawing, scuffling, scratching going on in my attic right over my head where I am typing at this very minute. It usually happens around 5pm. Since I don't believe in hungry bone-chewing ghosts, I think it must be a squirrel, raccoon, possum, rat, or mouse. EWWWWWW.

If I put out rat bait and it dies, what if there are babies in my attic? Then will the babies die in my attic? And stink?

I like baby squirrels, but outside in the trees where they belong.

If I put out rat bait and the dying creature crawls out into my yard seeking water and my dogs get it, they might get poisoned.

*Iris wrings her hands and hesitates yet again about calling pest control*
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If you are going to kill them use heavy duty traps, not poison. The smell will be horrible and the creature will suffer more. The traps are usually quicker and they don't feel as much pain. I had something in my attic once so I hired someone to deal with it. It was expensive though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh...I thought this was going to be a Shel Silverstein poem or something.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the place to keep an IEI.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    That's not the place to keep an IEI.
    That's where I keep mine... first there was 4

Until the poison took effect...

then there were 3

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    That's where I keep mine... first there was 4

Until the poison took effect...

then there were 3

Is that fucking flowers in the attic? Because my mom gave me that to read in middle school and I went around to my teachers going "Im reading flowers in the attic!" because my mom had made such a big deal about how popular it was, and they acted like they didnt know what it was. I was too damn innocent to know I shouldnt be talking about reading books with graphic depictions of incest in them. Fml.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Mmhmm it is. My sister gave it to me. It was a perfect E4 book and so was "The Bell Jar". She gave me that too.

YWIMW