Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Mentally Challenged Persons be terminated?

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should Mentally Challenged Persons be terminated?

Pardon the controversial topic and/or insulting language(I know many of you may have mentally challenged friends and/or friends and/or are mentally challenged yourselves) but I'm genuinely interested in your opinions. Should the mentally challenged be aborted post-birth?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You better hope that the vast majority of people say know, since you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "abortion." In an adult that's a pretty fair sign of an intellectual handicap.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ABORT THREAD! REPEAT: ABORT THREAD!

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    You better hope that the vast majority of people say know, since you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "abortion." In an adult that's a pretty fair sign of an intellectual handicap.
    You better hope you don't carry the retard gene, since you clearly don't know the spelling of the word "no". In an adult that's a fair sign of mental handicap.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I see abortion as a necessary evil and I like to eat lambs, but this would be a step way too far and I'm offended by people who see merit in bringing it up really.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

NO
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-08-2014 at 04:10 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My cousin is mentally challenged and a more productive and pleasant member of society than most people around here. Just saying.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by transaerodemain View Post
    You better hope you don't carry the retard gene, since you clearly don't know the spelling of the word "no". In an adult that's a fair sign of mental handicap.
    I'm impressed.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My faith says no. My reason says yes.
    Well, that's humane.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

no.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before we terminate the mentally challenged, there are other more pressing demographics to kill. Morbidly obese people, people on ventillators, those totally debilitated in nursing homes, certain extreme criminals, drug dealers.... retards are low on the list for termination.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    Before we terminate the mentally challenged, there are other more pressing demographics to kill. Morbidly obese people, people on ventillators, those totally debilitated in nursing homes, certain extreme criminals, drug dealers.... retards are low on the list for termination.
    extreme criminals? like ppl who ride dirt bike on hiking trails? What about bureaucrats??? What about KONY2014???

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default assuming anyone's fit to make such a decision in the first place

I made my "eating stuff" avatar before it was mainstream.

Anyways, the word "terminated" is on a continuum that ends in "murdered" and has "killed" at the midpoint. One thing that should be picked up on this vast socionical journey is that intelligence takes many different forms. I'm gonna answer OP with a should-be-obvious NO.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's a lot about the mind and levels of thought or processing that we don't understand. I don't agree that physical handicap translates to mental challenges. I for one think that there's a lot going on in these individuals we can't understand maybe because we haven't found a way to communicate with them YET. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
    http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-computer.html
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There's a lot about the mind and levels of thought or processing that we don't understand. I don't agree that physical handicap translates to mental challenges. I for one think that there's a lot going on in these individuals we can't understand maybe because we haven't found a way to communicate with them YET. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
    http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-computer.html
    This makes your position a little perplexing.

Also, what about consideration for the potential inside of every hume, and the nobility of the human spirit etc. and all that other guff?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    This makes your position a little perplexing.

Also, what about consideration for the potential inside of every hume, and the nobility of the human spirit etc. and all that other guff?
    It doesn't make my position perplexing at all. If a human being is already born then I'm in full favor of responsible action and no such thing as killing people.

When the person is not born and there are several challenges that are presented that would significantly reduce the quality of the child's life I myself would terminate the pregnancy. I would not however place my personal opinion of what I would do on others. I think it's a personal choice.
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It doesn't make my position perplexing at all. If a human being is already born then I'm in full favor of responsible action and no such thing as killing people.

When the person is not born and there are several challenges that are presented that would significantly reduce the quality of the child's life I myself would terminate the pregnancy. I would not however place my personal opinion of what I would do on others. I think it's a personal choice.
    ah, but you made it clear that your position comes from faith, and not through reason. If you had your own way, you'd be in favour of killing such adults.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ah, but you made it clear that your position comes from faith, and not through reason. If you had your own way, you'd be in favour of killing such adults.
    WTF are you talking about. I already said once someone is born people have to assume full responsibility of the child's life.
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

WTF are you talking about. I already said once someone is born people have to assume full responsibility of the child's life.
    ok sure, but that was after saying:

My faith says no. My reason says yes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ok sure, but that was after saying:
    That answer was for OP who asked would you abort, to which my answer is yes. You must be confused. I wouldn't carry a baby to full terms if I knew for sure (and that's easy to do with modern technology) that he/she was severely handicap mentally.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    He was pointing out the part where you said if it were up to your reasoning, you would be in favor of killing mentally challenged people.

This seems a little contradictory to the statement above then, 'my reason says yes', considering that the 1st post mentions we are talking about "post-birth".

Could you clarify the following quote? :
    ok. I get it now. I would say NO obviously, but how can anyone abort POST pregnancy? That would be killing a human being. That's just all kinds of wrong.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ah, I see. I interpreted the original statement:

"Should the mentally challenged be aborted post-birth?"

To mean after-birth.

Well then, Maritsa. Let's ask. What if you when you were carrying the baby, they were completely healthy, tested normal on all levels, but then after they were born you found out they were severely retarded? Would you keep them?
    That's a challenging question as I'm not anywhere near to having a child. Maybe I'm not the best person to answer that question. I don't see myself being able to adopt a child who needed round the clock care because I need to work to support myself. I also see so many mentally handicap kids in the adoption system so there's a HUGE problem that isn't being addressed. I couldn't take care of a child who I birthed and who I wasn't ready to take care of within normal and reasonable bounds. But, it's negligible on the part of someone to know that they are having a child who's going to need care and they can't provide for that but choose to birth the child because of whatever reason. How will the parent or parents work to support the finances of the family if in the case they do make the choice to have that birth and can't work because they have to stay home and provide round the clock care for a child for all their lives? if someone can figure out the actions and logistics and give me a plan than I would think about it.
    -

TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell is wrong with you?

A lot of mental challenges are not even apparent until the child has reached certain developmental points (some delays aren't even detected until the child reaches adolescence) . Where would you draw the line? Chromosomal defects? Slight mental illnesses such as anxiety or autism spectrum traits?

Could you really live with yourself being the person that draws that fine line between who should be terminated verses who has the right to live?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1/10

this is obviously a troll post, even if you try to say things like 'I"m genuinely curious." whatever man, I did the same thing when I trolled gay forums and told all the members there that I could cure them of this disease.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only those retards that ask such questions in all seriousness.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    1/10

this is obviously a troll post, even if you try to say things like 'I"m genuinely curious." whatever man, I did the same thing when I trolled gay forums and told all the members there that I could cure them of this disease.
    Wait, you CAN'T cure that dissease? What am I doing here than? ;-)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am amused by the fact that my *defective* cousin is better at life and making a living than the people here who call for her termination.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I am amused by the fact that my *defective* cousin is better at life and making a living than the people here who call for her termination.
    I don't think anyone here called for your cousin's termination.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As a serious answer, I think it would make most sense as a society if we could eliminate the people who add negative value (take value away) from others. Value is not completely correlated with intelligence. Someone who is unintelligent can still contribute massive value to society. And someone who is a genius can still be lazy and waste their talents. Personally, I would much rather terminate someone who mooches off of the welfare system (I know some people need it, but I'm talking about those who abuse it), rather than terminating someone who is mentally handicapped but is able to work a job and pay taxes and financially support themselves.
    i think you add negative value and should be terminated immediately.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm,

I thought skynet was going to terminate all of the humans?

Is skynet considering keeping some around as pets?

How do we get to the top of that list?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

All of you:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extreme criminals? like ppl who ride dirt bike on hiking trails? What about bureaucrats??? What about KONY2014???
    N ppl who steal xtreme sportz equipmnt!bc 1 time n de 90s sumbody stole mai rolerblades nd i was rly sad bc then i cudnt rollerblade ne moar n i wus lyk "im gonna kill dat guy!!!"

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon the controversial topic and/or insulting language(I know many of you may have mentally challenged friends and/or friends and/or are mentally challenged yourselves) but I'm genuinely interested in your opinions. Should the mentally challenged be aborted post-birth?

Define mentally challenged. You may make a list of things you personally interpret as mentally challenged if it helps you define lines. Also be aware that two thirds of all people suffer at some point in their lives with some form of mental health issue. Be careful where you tread with this. Fair warning.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

why terminate when they can start being legally put in labs to function like human guinea pigs
    come on work your evil mojo you freakin polyanna

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why stop at us and our friends? humans are not special. we should in addition post-abort all the cats, dogs, wasps, grass, trees. plants are so dumb they can't even get around and spend all their life in a vegetative state.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forumactionsquicklinks View Post
    why terminate when they can start being legally put in labs to function like human guinea pigs
    come on work your evil mojo you freakin polyanna
    or find jobs for them titled "organ factory"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should terminally challenged mentalities be impersonated?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There wouldn't be much left, if we did.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast