TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you use your creative function in everyday life

2. Creative Function

This function describes the primary mode of application of the base function. If the base function forms the core of the individual's personal quests and interests ("What's in it for me?", "What do I want to be?"), the creative function describes his main instrument for interacting with the rest of society ("How do I make contact with other people?"). For extroverts this means creating a context for people to interact within, and for introverts — creating a product worthy of being included in interaction.
    People use their creative function less than their base function and attach less personal significance to it, although due to the nature of blocked functions it is usually used in tandem with the base function. In their value system, their creative function activities seem less personally significant than their base function activities. When other people try to make this function the main criterion for everything, light irritation can arise, and the person may try to "correct" the other person's emphasis by presenting a perspective from his base function and suggesting that this is more important. Also, when other people express problems having to do with this information aspect, the person quickly takes interest and tries to present solutions — but always through his own base function. For instance, an SEE will try to help other people solve their Fi related problems (relationships and understanding between people) through a Se perspective (making sure you know what you want and are trying to achieve it; understanding the territorial aspect of interaction; recognizing the obvious "dumb things" that people are doing that are ruining the relationship). When people get to use their creative function to help others' problems, they feel needed and fulfilled and begin to live more fully. Likewise, criticism in this area is more sensitive and unpleasant than in the base function.Use of the creative function — while frequent and effortless — seems to turn on and off. One moment the person may seem highly interested in this aspect, and the next — totally indifferent. This may jar people for whom this aspect of reality is of more supreme importance and who expect more consistent attention and effort in this area. A good example of this is one's interaction with their mirror partner; each person's leading function is subject to the other's creativity function, so even though both partners do share similar worldviews, they are apt to 'correct' or add on to the other's rigid and finalized points.- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/f....rGz8LW5n.dpuf

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm trying to think how this works for me. I'm hesitant to give out relationship advice, and I generally don't think that whats 'worked' for me will necessarily work for everyone else. It feels like I'd be imposing something that isn't really relevant to the person's life situation, personality, etc. so I'd rather just keep my mouth shut. It feels redundant almost, unless I'm genuinely touched/feel for a person's situation--even then, the response is either discreet, or something I keep to myself.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-06-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for annoyance towards my mirror..I've been annoyed before by some online INFj's who've gotten really into the whole "check your privilege" thing and have this really soap-boxy/self-righteous/touchy attitude towards every single social issue or stigma which I find foreign. I often get where they're coming from, but something about the way it's presented rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

It almost feels contrived, an automatic response. Like it makes them feel good to speak up for some anonymous group of people that they can barely even put a face to. Is it admirable? Sure, but I couldn't possibly imagine myself being that indignant/passionate about it, or making into some black-and-white "feminist vs. misogynist" thing.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-06-2014 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I sort of agree with you about giving out relationship advice, oddly enough being that I am an INFj. I never understood people who claim to know what's best for others in relationships, because they are different personalities and go about things differently. I guess I would have to know the person and their partner/friend quite well before I gave any advice.
    I get annoyed with IEEs when they go on and on about an abstract subject that I don't really find important. And I see how they get annoyed with me when I do not partake in their interest as much. Although I sometimes envy them for being so creative in thinking of these things. And I wonder how they think so naturally about it. Guess I'll never know lol

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, right. It all seems so nuanced and like something that's constantly in progress, it's hard for me to just go ahead and act like I have some sort of finished product for someone. Any advice in that area on my part just seems self-indulgent of me, unless I really believe that I can offer something of relevance to them--I'm careful with it. Usually I'll stay out of it and wish for the best, unless I can sense that they're douchey, delusional or deserve whatever lot they're in. I don't know, it probably varies from person to person.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-06-2014 at 02:11 AM.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I noticed that my IEE friend is like this too. Now I know why .
    I feel the same way about my creative function Ne. I don't go on and on with it because I sometimes feel that it's not something that is of much importance at the moment. Although I do think about Ne a lot in my head. It is usually not interesting things or unfinished bits of information, so I'd just look silly if I say it.