Thread: Personality Disorder Test

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personality Disorder Test

Self-asses your mental health! Or just have fun, and post your results.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/persona...sorder_test.mv

I got High on Paranoid, Schizoid, and OCD.

-------------------
    Alternative test:
    http://www.medindia.net/patients/cal...ening-test.asp

My results were consistent here. I got Paranoid, Schizoid, and OCD, as potential disorders.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detailed results from the 2nd test (plus my comments in bold):

There is no serious cause for concern, although it is likely that you are affected by atleast one these disorders. It is advised that you consult a psychiatrist for further testing. Further details about the indicated disorders are given below:

Individuals affected by paranoid personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Excessive sensitivity to setbacks and rebuffs. YES
    • Tendency to bear grudges persistently, i.e. refusal to forgive insults and injuries or slights. MAYBE (sometimes)
    • Suspiciousness and a pervasive tendency to distort experience by misconstruing the neutral or friendly actions of others as hostile or contempuous. MAYBE (sometimes)
    • A combative and tenacious sense of personal rights out of keeping with the actual situation. YES
    • Recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding sexual fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.
    • Tendency to experience excessive self-importance, manifest in a persistent self-referential attitude.
    • Preoccupation with unsubstantiated "conspiratorial" explanations of events both immediate to the patient and in the world at large.

Individuals affected by schizoid personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Few, if any, activities provide pleasure.
    • Display of emotional coldness, detachment, or not exhibiting any emotion towards others. YES
    • Limited capacity to express either warm, tender feelings or anger toward others. MAYBE
    • An appearance of indifference to either praise or criticism.
    • Little or no interest in having sexual experiences with another person.
    • Consistent choice of solitary activities. YES
    • Excessive preocupation with fantasy and introspection.
    • No desire for, or possession of, any close friends or confiding relationships. MAYBE (partial/questionable)
    • Marked insensitivity to prevailing social norms and conventions. YES

Individuals affected by anankastic (or) obsessive compulsive personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Feelings of excessive doubt and caution.
    • Preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization or schedule. MAYBE (somewhat)
    • Perfectionism that interferes with task completion. YES
    • Excessive conscientiousness and scrupulousness. YES
    • Undue preoccupation with productivity to the exclusion of pleasure and interpersonal relationships. MAYBE (sometimes)
    • Excessive pedantry and adherence to social conventions;
    • Rigidity and stubbornness. MAYBE (somewhat)
    • Unreasonable insistence by the individual that others submit exactly to his or her way of doing things, or unreasonable reluctance to allow others to do things.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My top 4:

Paranoid: Very High
    Schizoid: Very High
    Schizotypal: Moderate
    Antisocial: High

You know what i don't get? Why everything has to be labeled. I'm very picky and have little to no desire for friends so i guess this makes me a freak. It's like in order to score something 'acceptable', you have to love people and be outgoing. Eff that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Paranoid: Very High

Schizoid: High
    Narcissistic: High
    Avoidant: High
    Obsessive-Compulsive: High

stupid test. i think it tells you general personality info but its not like we have all these fucking disorders.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Paranoid: Moderate
    Schizoid: High
    Antisocial: Low
    Borderline: Moderate
    Histrionic: High
    Narcissistic: Moderate
    Avoidant: High
    Dependent: Moderate
    Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Lol, schizoid and histrionic? No.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Never knew it's a disorder...

Individuals affected by impulsive personality disorder exhibit atleast 3 of the following behaviours:

Marked tendency to act unexpectedly and without consideration of the consequences.
    Marked tendency to engage in quarrelsome behavior and to have conflicts with others, especially when impulsive acts are thwarted or criticized.
    Liability to outbursts of anger or violence, with inability to control the resulting behavioral explosions.
    Difficulty in maintaining any course of action that offers no immediate reward.
    Unstable and capricious (impulsive, whimsical) mood.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Good thing I have spent so much money of therapy... I couldn't answer some of the questions correctly because of the way they were worded. The results of possible disorders was also very limited.

The results of your screening test indicate the possibility of several personality disorders, namely schizoid, histrionic personality disorders.
    There is no serious cause for concern, although it is likely that you are affected by at least one these disorders. It is advised that you consult a psychiatrist for further testing. Further details about the indicated disorders are given below:

Individuals affected by schizoid personality disorder exhibit at least 4 of the following behaviours:

• Few, if any, activities provide pleasure.
    • Display of emotional coldness, detachment, or not exhibiting any emotion towards others.
    • Limited capacity to express either warm, tender feelings or anger toward others.
    • An appearance of indifference to either praise or criticism.
    • Little or no interest in having sexual experiences with another person.
    • Consistent choice of solitary activities.
    • Excessive preocupation with fantasy and introspection.
    • No desire for, or possession of, any close friends or confiding relationships.
    • Marked insensitivity to prevailing social norms and conventions.

Individuals affected by histrionic personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Self-dramatization, theatricality, or exaggerated expression of emotions.
    • Suggestibility, i.e. being easily influenced by other or by circumstances.
    • Shallow and labile affectivity (quick changes in outward emotional expressions).
    • Continual seeking for excitement and activities in which the individual is the center of attention.
    • Inappropriate seductiveness in appearance or behaviour.
    • Over-concern with physical attractiveness.

I guess expressing my emotions, dressing nice when I go out and light flirting made me histrionic.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Histrionic: very high
    Narcissistic: high
    Antisocial: high
    Avoidant: high

Cluster B ftw i guess

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Damn, first link didn't work. The second thought I could be Histrionic. Doubt it.

"Individuals affected by histrionic personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Shallow and labile affectivity (quick changes in outward emotional expressions).
    • Continual seeking for excitement and activities in which the individual is the center of attention.
    • Over-concern with physical attractiveness."

Edit: On another note, they thought I had Oppositional Defiant Disorder back in middle school. It was just a teenaged rebellious stage. Some people came over trying to diagnose me with it but they never followed through. I was just misunderstood, I'm generally a good boy and they would have seen or probably saw that if or when they look(ed) at my past history. Seems they have disorders for everything nowadays.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 07-05-2014 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree;1028616
    Edit: On another note, they thought I had [URL="http://psychcentral.com/disorders/oppositional-defiant-disorder-symptoms/"
    Oppositional Defiant Disorder[/URL] back in middle school. It was just a teenaged rebellious stage. Some people came over trying to diagnose me with it but they never followed through. I was just misunderstood, I'm generally a good boy and they would have seen or probably saw that if or when they look(ed) at my past history. Seems they have disorders for everything nowadays.
    I had a therapist a couple of years ago (very nice and religious man) who tried to make my diagnosis PTSD!

I said, "no, I haven't been to war. I haven't had the very worst sensory experiences that would warrant that diagnosis."

He said, "I believe it applies to your case due to the situations that brought you into therapy again."

I said, "no"

He said, "yes"

I found a new therapist.

Incidentally this guy tried to pray my issues away. He told me that some of the things I played with in my imagination were inspired by the devil. I had been going to that center for close to 8 years and seen several therapists there and I had never experienced that kind of therapy before. I thought he was nice so I went along with it, because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, until he tried to misdiagnose me. Then I went all rebel on him. He didn't understand that even though I had gone through some experiences that others would find traumatic I was not stressed by them. sx/sp for the win!

Maybe suggestive function also plays a part here.

Se as a suggestive (5th) function (IEI and ILI)
    The individual is often characterized by his inertia. If left to his own devices, he may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When he does interact with the outside world, he often finds his activities to be empty and unfulfilling. To this individual, life is often characterized by periods of stimulation. For him, however, true stimulation is often spontaneous, and interludes between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. He is often not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, he requires an outside stimulus of spontaneity and activity. With such a degree of spontaneity introduced into his life, the tedium and perceived meaninglessness is replaced by a constant state of activity in which he can experience new things and escape from the confines of his own mind.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-05-2014 at 06:27 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I had a therapist a couple of years ago (very nice and religious man) who tried to make my diagnosis PTSD!

I said, "no, I haven't been to war. I haven't had the very worst sensory experiences that would warrant that diagnosis."

He said, "I believe it applies to your case due to the situations that brought you into therapy again."

I said, "no"

He said, "yes"

I found a new therapist.

Incidentally this guy tried to pray my issues away. He told me that some of the things I played with in my imagination were inspired by the devil. I had been going to that center for close to 8 years and seen several therapists there and I had never experienced that kind of therapy before. I thought he was nice so I went along with it, because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, until he tried to misdiagnose me. Then I went all rebel on him. He didn't understand that even though I had gone through some experiences that others would find traumatic I was not stressed by them. sx/sp for the win!

Maybe suggestive function also plays a part here.

Se as a suggestive (5th) function (IEI and ILI)
    The individual is often characterized by his inertia. If left to his own devices, he may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When he does interact with the outside world, he often finds his activities to be empty and unfulfilling. To this individual, life is often characterized by periods of stimulation. For him, however, true stimulation is often spontaneous, and interludes between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. He is often not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, he requires an outside stimulus of spontaneity and activity. With such a degree of spontaneity introduced into his life, the tedium and perceived meaninglessness is replaced by a constant state of activity in which he can experience new things and escape from the confines of his own mind.
    Yeah, don't let anyone misdiagnose you! Disorders to me are just deviations from norms and not always as negative as the word implies. Has a lot to do with society and its values. If we lived in a society where, say, most people were doms or something, those who are doms or whatever would be more prone to being diagnosed with disorders since they'd deviate from the norm in their behavior. Instinct-wise, I'm either sx/so or so/sx. Sp-last, at the very least.

Speaking of prayer, my family is trying to pray my issues away. They think my lack of motivation and will is a curse from my late father's side of the family (who basically stole my inheritance). Though I was born and raised in America, in Nigerian culture the oldest male typically gets everything when their parents die (I think) so I guess my mom's side believe my father's side is trying to make me weak-willed in order to not fight for what should be mine or become a nobody. They also think I'm possessed by the spirit of the snail and my grandparents even spoke about sending me to Brazil not too long ago for deliverance. A lot of it seems to just be suggestive Se and my being Ixxp...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    They also think I'm possessed by the spirit of the snail and my grandparents even spoke about sending me to Brazil not too long ago for deliverance. A lot of it seems to just be suggestive Se and my being Ixxp...
    I love it! I am laughing on the inside, trying to suppress a smile.

Just show them this:

Snail
    Snail teaches to move smoothly in your surroundings. Many qualities of Slug apply (see above); pacing oneself, persistence, perseverance, focus, determination and strength. Snail shows that taking small steps is the way to reach current goals. Ease of navigation through life's obstacles, tenacity and holding power and the art of timing. Pay close attention to your feelings and inner knowings. Is it time to retreat and rest? Or is time to come out of your shell and go forth? Snail demonstrates the proper use of defense mechanisms, the power of letting go, and the ability to cushion oneself in life's circumstance especially on the home front. It may be a time to be more protective and nurturing and beautify the surroundings and home with sensory stimuli. Snail teaches flexibility and completion of endeavors along with balancing emotions and equalizing one's duality. Slowing down will bring balance and harmony and restore peace within. When snail comes to you it offers an opportunity to show a graceful balance in life is possible.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I love it! I am laughing on the inside, trying to suppress a smile.

Just show them this:

Snail
    Snail teaches to move smoothly in your surroundings. Many qualities of Slug apply (see above); pacing oneself, persistence, perseverance, focus, determination and strength. Snail shows that taking small steps is the way to reach current goals. Ease of navigation through life's obstacles, tenacity and holding power and the art of timing. Pay close attention to your feelings and inner knowings. Is it time to retreat and rest? Or is time to come out of your shell and go forth? Snail demonstrates the proper use of defense mechanisms, the power of letting go, and the ability to cushion oneself in life's circumstance especially on the home front. It may be a time to be more protective and nurturing and beautify the surroundings and home with sensory stimuli. Snail teaches flexibility and completion of endeavors along with balancing emotions and equalizing one's duality. Slowing down will bring balance and harmony and restore peace within. When snail comes to you it offers an opportunity to show a graceful balance in life is possible.

Cool, where's this from?

Reminds me of what I read about doms.

This function, instead of lots of possibilities, considers people and the world as if flowing in a big and insuperable stream of time. What does people's potential mean when it cannot be realized? Fate rules the world. Their usual condition is something like meditation. However, in spite of such “Buddhist” vital philosophy, they are very smart in adaptation to different crises that happen in life, and stoically tolerate even somebody else's petty tyranny. They are intellectuals, but they do not often want to demonstrate their ideas, preferring that other people would pay attention to them, and for this reason often seem to be “passive”. In fact, they do not think they are “passive” – the “wait for the good moment”.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post

Cool, where's this from?

Reminds me of what I read about doms.
    Heh, that reminds me of what I just posted, in my Ni IEI blog! You are Ni too it seems.

Snail totem is from this site [link]. I will add you to my "creature influence" thread later. Snail is nothing to be ashamed of.

YWIMW

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to simultaneously get histrionic and schizoid...

I think I'll just stick with Eysenck's psychotic-phlegmatic. It sounds cooler.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I pass!!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    I managed to simultaneously get histrionic and schizoid...

I think I'll just stick with Eysenck's psychotic-phlegmatic. It sounds cooler.
    Same.

I have to look that one up...

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The first test is not available.
    For the second one, they suggest to consult a specialist as soon as possible
    "The results of your screening test indicate the possibility of several personality disorders, namely impulsive, paranoid, histrionic, anankastic, anxious personality disorders, with a strong possibility of impulsive personality disorder".

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results of your screening test indicate the possibility of several personality disorders, namely schizoid, anankastic, anxious personality disorders.

There is no serious cause for concern, although it is likely that you are affected by atleast one these disorders. It is advised that you consult a psychiatrist for further testing. Further details about the indicated disorders are given below:

Individuals affected by schizoid personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

Few, if any, activities provide pleasure.
    Display of emotional coldness, detachment, or not exhibiting any emotion towards others.
    Limited capacity to express either warm, tender feelings or anger toward others.
    An appearance of indifference to either praise or criticism.
    Little or no interest in having sexual experiences with another person.
    Consistent choice of solitary activities.
    Excessive preocupation with fantasy and introspection.
    No desire for, or possession of, any close friends or confiding relationships.
    Marked insensitivity to prevailing social norms and conventions.

Individuals affected by anankastic (or) obsessive compulsive personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

Feelings of excessive doubt and caution.
    Preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization or schedule.
    Perfectionism that interferes with task completion.
    Excessive conscientiousness and scrupulousness.
    Undue preoccupation with productivity to the exclusion of pleasure and interpersonal relationships.
    Excessive pedantry and adherence to social conventions;
    Rigidity and stubbornness.
    Unreasonable insistence by the individual that others submit exactly to his or her way of doing things, or unreasonable reluctance to allow others to do things.

Individuals affected by anxious (or) avoidant personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

Persistent and pervasive feelings of tension and apprehension;
    Belief that one is socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others;
    Excessive preoccupation with being criticized or rejected in social situations;
    Unwillingness to become involved with people unless certain of being liked;
    Restrictions in lifestyle because of need to have physical security;
    Avoidance of social or occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact because of fear of criticism, disapproval, or rejection.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The results of your screening test indicate the possibility of several personality disorders, namely anxious, anankastic personality disorders, with a strong possibility of anxious personality disorder.
    It is recommended that you consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible and get screened for anxious personality disorder. Further details about the indicated disorders are given below:

Feelings of excessive doubt and caution.
    Preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization or schedule.
    Perfectionism that interferes with task completion.
    Excessive conscientiousness and scrupulousness.
    Undue preoccupation with productivity to the exclusion of pleasure and interpersonal relationships.
    Excessive pedantry and adherence to social conventions;
    Rigidity and stubbornness.
    Unreasonable insistence by the individual that others submit exactly to his or her way of doing things, or unreasonable reluctance to allow others to do things.

Individuals affected by anxious (or) avoidant personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

Persistent and pervasive feelings of tension and apprehension;
    Belief that one is socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others;
    Excessive preoccupation with being criticized or rejected in social situations;
    Unwillingness to become involved with people unless certain of being liked;
    Restrictions in lifestyle because of need to have physical security;
    Avoidance of social or occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact because of fear of criticism, disapproval, or rejection.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Paranoid: Low
    Schizoid: Low
    Schizotypal: Low
    Antisocial: Moderate
    Borderline: Moderate
    Histrionic: Moderate
    Narcissistic: Moderate
    Avoidant: Low
    Dependent: Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

Disorder | Rating

Paranoid Disorder | Moderate
    Schizoid Disorder | High
    Schizotypal Disorder | Low
    Antisocial Disorder | Moderate
    Borderline Disorder | Low
    Histrionic Disorder | Low
    Narcissistic Disorder | Low
    Avoidant Disorder | Moderate
    Dependent Disorder | Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder | Very High
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-06-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your Results:

Disorder Rating Information
    Paranoid: High more info | forum
    Schizoid: Moderate more info | forum
    Schizotypal: Moderate more info | forum
    Antisocial: Moderate more info | forum
    Borderline: Moderate more info | forum
    Histrionic: Moderate more info | forum
    Narcissistic: High more info | forum
    Avoidant: Moderate more info | forum
    Dependent: Moderate more info | forum
    Obsessive-Compulsive: High more info | forum

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Individuals affected by paranoid personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Excessive sensitivity to setbacks and rebuffs.
    • Tendency to bear grudges persistently, i.e. refusal to forgive insults and injuries or slights.
    • Suspiciousness and a pervasive tendency to distort experience by misconstruing the neutral or friendly actions of others as hostile or contempuous.
    • A combative and tenacious sense of personal rights out of keeping with the actual situation.
    • Recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding sexual fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.
    • Tendency to experience excessive self-importance, manifest in a persistent self-referential attitude.
    • Preoccupation with unsubstantiated "conspiratorial" explanations of events both immediate to the patient and in the world at large.

Individuals affected by histrionic personality disorder exhibit atleast 4 of the following behaviours:

• Over-concern with physical attractiveness.

Read more: Result - Personality Disorder Screening Test | Medindia http://www.medindia.net/patients/cal...#ixzz3RGWsn7YB

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Your Results:

Paranoid: Moderate more info | forum
    Schizotypal: High more info | forum
    Narcissistic: Moderate more info | forum
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate more info | forum

YWIMW

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Paranoid: Moderate
    Schizotypal: Low
    Borderline: Low
    Histrionic: Moderate
    Narcissistic: Low
    Avoidant: Moderate
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On the alternative test:

The results of your screening test indicate the possibility of several personality disorders, namely anxious, paranoid, schizoid personality disorders, with a strong possibility of anxious personality disorder.
    It is recommended that you consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible and get screened for anxious personality disorder.

HOLY SHIT.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread is a goldmine. Must remember to sit it later.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    On the alternative test:

The results of your screening test indicate the possibility of several personality disorders, namely anxious, paranoid, schizoid personality disorders, with a strong possibility of anxious personality disorder.
    It is recommended that you consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible and get screened for anxious personality disorder.

HOLY SHIT.
    Well, as the quiz itself points out, this is not even a screening test.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Disorder | Rating

Paranoid | Low
    Schizoid | Moderate
    Schizotypal | Very High
    Antisocial | Moderate
    Borderline | Low
    Histrionic | Moderate
    Narcissistic | Moderate
    Avoidant | High
    Dependent | Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive | Low

URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/persona...sorder_test.mv
    URL for more info: http://www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html

Anyways. Fi PoLR some freaky swing movement between avoidant and histrionic. Probably. Schizotypal: odd thoughts and thought patterns. Can't deny that.
    Antisocial scale is way off BTW.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Antisocial scale is way off BTW.
    In which direction?

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Test

Paranoid: Low
    Borderline: High
    Histrionic: Low
    Avoidant: Moderate
    Dependent: Moderate
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

The "more info" for borderline leads to the schizoid page

2nd Test

The results of your screening test indicate that you DO NOT suffer from any personailty disorder.
    If you feel your behavior hinders normal functioning or if you have noticed any recent changes in your behaviour it is advised you seek the counsel of a psychiatrist or a therapist. If you are able to function normally in society, then any behavioral quirks you might have are normal and which make you unique!

People have mentioned this already, but I just want to reiterate that these quizzes should be seen as entertainment only and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I even question the reliability/validity of the DSM, which I won't get into here because I could probably ramble on forever about it!

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got high on avoidant pesonality disorder. Others were low or moderate.

Paranoid | Moderate
    Schizoid | Low
    Schizotypal | Low
    Antisocial | Moderate
    Borderline | Low
    Histrionic | Moderate
    Narcissistic | Moderate
    Avoidant | High
    Dependent | Moderate
    Obsessive-Compulsive | Low

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    In which direction?
    Gives too high results. 1. usually there has to be present some serious crimes before age of 15. 2. it has to continue when you are 18. That is in the criteria.
    Not giving shit/feces – I have hard time to see it as antisocial behavior. Antisocial behavior is pretty much doing wrong, abusive things to others while knowing and having control over it for very lengthy time period.

Psychopathy is different and even then you have to see how different symptoms relate to each other. One kind of behavior may come from very different sources. Even if you tick some of the boxes then I have hard to see it as being further on psychopathy spectrum because the reasons may vary.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyan View Post
    Your Results:

Paranoid: Moderate more info | forum
    Schizotypal: High more info | forum
    Narcissistic: Moderate more info | forum
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate more info | forum
    I didn't take the test again since the results would probably be the same. I had a strange childhood and did some fucked up things. Obviously I couldn't explain mitigating factors or anything else. I went through the checklist of schizotypal symptoms and I fit the criteria. I have only become distressed about this stuff when listening to other people's opinions. Then I started to wonder if I was crazy. I'm not.

Symptoms of Schizotypal Personality Disorder

Schizotypal personality disorder is characterized by a pattern of social and interpersonal deficits marked by acute discomfort with, and reduced capacity for, close relationships as well as by cognitive or perceptual distortions and eccentricities of behavior, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

• Ideas of reference (excluding delusions of reference) <-- Yeah, it's called synchronicity and symbolism. It happens all the time. Everything has meaning if you pay attention to what is being shown to you. I don't hyperfocus on it though. I just notice it.
    • Odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or “sixth sense”; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations) <-- Won't deny that and they suck for making it a symptom.
    • Unusual perceptual experiences, including bodily illusions <-- Won't deny that either. This one also annoys me.
    • Odd thinking and speech (e.g., vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, overelaborate, or stereotyped) <-- Perhaps, maybe, not sure on this since my thinking is not really that odd to me but I have been told some of it is. I can be vague and metaphorical, even cryptic, at times.
    • Suspiciousness or paranoid ideation <-- I striked this but sometimes yes, I am suspicious of motives, especially if I get a bad feeling about someone. Once I do it is hard to shake it and I have learned to trust my "gut feelings" more.
    • Inappropriate or constricted affect
    • Behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric, or peculiar <-- Sometimes but it is part of a wider set of spiritual beliefs. I also think I look a bit alien and my own face is unfamiliar to me sometimes. I guess my goth phase might have qualified as odd.
    • Lack of close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives <-- Possibly but it is by choice. I do have friends I talk to, and maybe even trust a lot, that are not close relatives. People break your trust enough you start to be more selective.
    • Excessive social anxiety that does not diminish with familiarity and tends to be associated with paranoid fears rather than negative judgments about self <-- I have some social anxiety but nothing debilitating. I can push through it to do what needs to be done.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyan View Post
    "Odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or “sixth sense”; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations)"
    <-- Won't deny that and they suck for making it a symptom.
    At least, now don't burn for this. Some progress.
    It's archaic forms of perception, so less conscious for normal people than for "crazy" ones. Also there are fraudsters, many unstable results. This situation creates bad image, while negation makes the world model easier. In past you could to have problems for using complex numbers, chemistry, or for belief in Earth rotation around Sun. Today quantum physics is on the border of what human brain can imagine, but in academic psychology some strange taboos stay still.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Paranoid: low
    Schizoid: Moderate
    Borderline: Low
    Histrionic: Low
    Avoidant: Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Well now, looks like I'm not as crazy as I thought! (That's a lie, I'm fucking nuts and I know it). And yeah @Ellyan, some people call others crazy. We all have an allowable amount of crazy, nobody will be fully sane, when someone calls you crazy they really mean "you're not the brand of crazy that I prefer to see in others, you are strange to me" with sometimes the added caveat of "and that scares me shitless."