Thread: Filatova's ENTj description from Understanding The People Around You

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Filatova's ENTj description from Understanding The People Around You

Ekaterina Filatova, Understanding The People Around You: An Introduction To Socionics (Hollister: MSI Press, 2006), pp. 101-105

THE ENTREPRENEUR:
    Thinking-Intuitive Extravert (TIE)
    , , ,

General Appearance

Entrepreneurs’ faces look like they belong on a poster; often, they are of a rectangular shape, have an open, optimistic appearance, and a courageous facial expression. Members of the thinking subtype are very dynamic and enterprising. People of the intuitive subtype are calm and hardworking, and gladly help people if asked.

Entrepreneurs are big fans of hikes and journeys, even risky ones. Many members of this psychological type can be found working in dangerous professions — for example, policeman, firefighters, or stunt-doubles.

People of this type are not too good at understanding the intricacies of style; they may often wear the same clothes (most likely of an athletic style) for long periods of time. Entrepreneur women are not always able to pick out matching makeup and accessories for themselves.

Characterization According to Strong Channel Functions

I. Personality Program Channel ( -- Pragmatism, Efficacy, Planning of Processes...)

Entrepreneurs are hard workers, toiling relentlessly and gladly. Their thoughts focus on theories that might be helpful in real life. Their desks are often piled with popular scientific magazines. They are apt to look at any job from the pragmatic point of view. Here is a story related by an Entrepreneur’s friend:

I remember how his grown-up son told him (an Entrepreneur) that he wanted to build a tree house. Within a few days, he gave his son papers with a set of instructions. Among the papers was a very detailed blueprint of a tree house. It looked like a professional had drawn it. There was also a list of the materials that should be used and their quantities; plus where it would be best to buy them. There was also a sheet of paper with the heading <Instructions>. These were step-by-step directions of how to build the tree house. At the end were the date and his signature.

Entrepreneurs orient themselves well in the field of business. They never pass up an opportunity to earn some money; and usually they do not care how money is earned.

Even in everyday life, Entrepreneurs try to make use of their Productive, practical thinking. An Entrepreneur’s wife shares a story about her husband:

Long ago, he invented his own technique of making dumplings. He flattens a large piece of dough, puts it on a cutting board of his own construction, and adds the meat. He covers all of this with another piece of dough and rolls it up — there are 50 dumplings all at once. Commercially available dumpling maker sets appeared a lot later.

Entrepreneurs are capable of taking risks. However, the risk is always thought through and calculated beforehand. With their business partners, they prefer to practice fair play. As a rule, Entrepreneurs fulfill their promises and hate to be in debt.

II. Productive Channel ( -- premonition, prediction...)

A balance of practicality and romanticism is characteristic for Entrepreneurs. Their introverted intuition is materialized in inexhaustible fantasy, and in their ability to combine mentally the events and facts that are impossible to combine in the real world. They can calculate the optimal solution to any problem; they can often find a way out of an extraordinary situation.

He was a legendary personality in the hospital; nurses, doctors and patients told how he [was] putting all his effort as long as he could to avoid surgical intervention, and to protect his patients’ health. When he operated on them, he always invented new improvements, like methods of inserting needles or fasteners for bones, in order to accelerate the recovery of a patient. Several times, I attempted to ask him about his work and his life, but he always gave me the same answer:

-- I cannot sleep until I hold in my hands something new and invent something new to do with this thing ...

Entrepreneurs plan everything ahead of time, creating charts not only at the workplace, but of household tasks, too. Unlike Professionals (sensing type) [LSE], they [ENTj’s] perceive time management not only as a vital necessity, but as their field of creativity (I -- , planning of processes is supported by II -- , sense of changes in time). Precision and punctuality have special meaning to Entrepreneurs. If their partner is late for a meeting, Entrepreneurs feel the need to reprimand them. Entrepreneurs do not like to act without preparation; even leisure time must follow a schedule. Here is a typical example.

We were celebrating New Year’s at her (an Entrepreneur’s) house. It was a congenial company in a stress-free, cozy environment, but, nonetheless, everything was planned out: under the tree, there were labeled presents for each guest, and funny jokes on the wall met the eye. Even when she invited me, she gave me strict instructions about what New Year’s stuff to bring and what games to prepare.

Entrepreneurs love to experiment, whether in theory or in practice. Elements of a game are present in the way an Entrepreneur approaches things.

When doing important business work, Entrepreneurs search for innovative technologies, wishing to take advantage of all their opportunities. Entrepreneurs are focused on overcoming obstacles ().

Characterization According to Weak Channel Functions

II. Vulnerable Channel ( -- harmony, comfort, health...)

Entrepreneurs are not very sure of themselves in anything that concerns well-being, everyday necessities, or aesthetics. Sometimes they try to employ fantasy and initiative even in these fields, but their actions may cause bewilderment:

Her outfits always gave the impression of an odd combination of untamed fantasy and bad taste. She might have decorated her dress with plastic circles and triangles, worn extravagant blouses on the very edge of propriety, or dressed in checkered pants that made her look like a clown. She wore all these clothes like a model demonstrating examples of elegance and harmony. She often sought approval from her acquaintances: <Look what a great outfit I thought up!> Her house was decorated with the same weird style.

If an Entrepreneur lacks such self-confidence, his or her clothing will most often have an athletic style.

Members of this psychological type can easily deal with the discomfort of their surroundings, but only if it does not harm their health. Striving towards a healthy lifestyle, Entrepreneurs love to vacation in the wilderness—often hunting, hiking, scuba diving, mountain climbing, or camping. They keep their gusto even in old age:

At 75 years, he has not lost his taste for life — he planted a garden where he works with great interest and knowledge, drives a car excellently, does all the men’s work around the house, and is not afraid of life’s problems. In the company of friends, he is a bubbly and witty person, who enthusiastically throws himself into any game and livens it with stinging jokes aimed at his opponents.

IV. Suggestible Channel ( -- psychological environment, relations between people...)

In socialization, Entrepreneurs try to stick to the norms of behavior accepted in the group they are in. Their moral criteria are rather high. They are fans of risky hikes where everyone is tested, not only for physical fitness, but also for trustworthiness, friendship, and the ability to help friends in need. They value these character traits above all others. In everyday life, Entrepreneurs try to keep balanced, calm relations with everyone. They believe that there are no benefits from arguments and it is better to discuss all misunderstandings and try to work out a reasonable compromise.

Entrepreneurs cannot stand silent demonstrations of discontent; in such situations they calmly say, <Explain what’s wrong. Let’s sort everything out instead of being offended>. The intricacies of idle chit-chat in the higher circles of society do not interest them.

Job Options

The ability to sense the slightest changes in a situation, quick reactions, initiative, and practicality in combination with creativity make TIEs great business persons and managers. They are capable of effectively organizing work; this ability especially applies to unstable situations. TIEs easily find their place in any research organization — they are excellent experimenters and inventors. Their love of romance and journeys brings many of them to work as geologists, marine biologists, in polar exploration teams, as test-pilots, or even as astronauts. They may also successfully use their abilities in military service or law enforcement, most often in active duty.

The ability to bring elements of a game into work attracts children, so they are often favored teachers.

Ekaterina Filatova, Understanding The People Around You: An Introduction To Socionics (Hollister: MSI Press, 2006), pp. 101-105

THE ENTREPRENEUR:
    Thinking-Intuitive Extravert (TIE)
    , , ,

General Appearance

Entrepreneurs’ faces look like they belong on a poster; often, they are of a rectangular shape, have an open, optimistic appearance, and a courageous facial expression. Members of the thinking subtype are very dynamic and enterprising. People of the intuitive subtype are calm and hardworking, and gladly help people if asked.

Entrepreneurs are big fans of hikes and journeys, even risky ones. Many members of this psychological type can be found working in dangerous professions — for example, policeman, firefighters, or stunt-doubles.

People of this type are not too good at understanding the intricacies of style; they may often wear the same clothes (most likely of an athletic style) for long periods of time. Entrepreneur women are not always able to pick out matching makeup and accessories for themselves.

Characterization According to Strong Channel Functions

I. Personality Program Channel ( -- Pragmatism, Efficacy, Planning of Processes...)

Entrepreneurs are hard workers, toiling relentlessly and gladly. Their thoughts focus on theories that might be helpful in real life. Their desks are often piled with popular scientific magazines. They are apt to look at any job from the pragmatic point of view. Here is a story related by an Entrepreneur’s friend:

I remember how his grown-up son told him (an Entrepreneur) that he wanted to build a tree house. Within a few days, he gave his son papers with a set of instructions. Among the papers was a very detailed blueprint of a tree house. It looked like a professional had drawn it. There was also a list of the materials that should be used and their quantities; plus where it would be best to buy them. There was also a sheet of paper with the heading <Instructions>. These were step-by-step directions of how to build the tree house. At the end were the date and his signature.

Entrepreneurs orient themselves well in the field of business. They never pass up an opportunity to earn some money; and usually they do not care how money is earned.

Even in everyday life, Entrepreneurs try to make use of their Productive, practical thinking. An Entrepreneur’s wife shares a story about her husband:

Long ago, he invented his own technique of making dumplings. He flattens a large piece of dough, puts it on a cutting board of his own construction, and adds the meat. He covers all of this with another piece of dough and rolls it up — there are 50 dumplings all at once. Commercially available dumpling maker sets appeared a lot later.

Entrepreneurs are capable of taking risks. However, the risk is always thought through and calculated beforehand. With their business partners, they prefer to practice fair play. As a rule, Entrepreneurs fulfill their promises and hate to be in debt.

II. Productive Channel ( -- premonition, prediction...)

A balance of practicality and romanticism is characteristic for Entrepreneurs. Their introverted intuition is materialized in inexhaustible fantasy, and in their ability to combine mentally the events and facts that are impossible to combine in the real world. They can calculate the optimal solution to any problem; they can often find a way out of an extraordinary situation.

He was a legendary personality in the hospital; nurses, doctors and patients told how he [was] putting all his effort as long as he could to avoid surgical intervention, and to protect his patients’ health. When he operated on them, he always invented new improvements, like methods of inserting needles or fasteners for bones, in order to accelerate the recovery of a patient. Several times, I attempted to ask him about his work and his life, but he always gave me the same answer:

-- I cannot sleep until I hold in my hands something new and invent something new to do with this thing ...

Entrepreneurs plan everything ahead of time, creating charts not only at the workplace, but of household tasks, too. Unlike Professionals (sensing type) [LSE], they [ENTj’s] perceive time management not only as a vital necessity, but as their field of creativity (I -- , planning of processes is supported by II -- , sense of changes in time). Precision and punctuality have special meaning to Entrepreneurs. If their partner is late for a meeting, Entrepreneurs feel the need to reprimand them. Entrepreneurs do not like to act without preparation; even leisure time must follow a schedule. Here is a typical example.

We were celebrating New Year’s at her (an Entrepreneur’s) house. It was a congenial company in a stress-free, cozy environment, but, nonetheless, everything was planned out: under the tree, there were labeled presents for each guest, and funny jokes on the wall met the eye. Even when she invited me, she gave me strict instructions about what New Year’s stuff to bring and what games to prepare.

Entrepreneurs love to experiment, whether in theory or in practice. Elements of a game are present in the way an Entrepreneur approaches things.

When doing important business work, Entrepreneurs search for innovative technologies, wishing to take advantage of all their opportunities. Entrepreneurs are focused on overcoming obstacles ().

Characterization According to Weak Channel Functions

II. Vulnerable Channel ( -- harmony, comfort, health...)

Entrepreneurs are not very sure of themselves in anything that concerns well-being, everyday necessities, or aesthetics. Sometimes they try to employ fantasy and initiative even in these fields, but their actions may cause bewilderment:

Her outfits always gave the impression of an odd combination of untamed fantasy and bad taste. She might have decorated her dress with plastic circles and triangles, worn extravagant blouses on the very edge of propriety, or dressed in checkered pants that made her look like a clown. She wore all these clothes like a model demonstrating examples of elegance and harmony. She often sought approval from her acquaintances: <Look what a great outfit I thought up!> Her house was decorated with the same weird style.

If an Entrepreneur lacks such self-confidence, his or her clothing will most often have an athletic style.

Members of this psychological type can easily deal with the discomfort of their surroundings, but only if it does not harm their health. Striving towards a healthy lifestyle, Entrepreneurs love to vacation in the wilderness—often hunting, hiking, scuba diving, mountain climbing, or camping. They keep their gusto even in old age:

At 75 years, he has not lost his taste for life — he planted a garden where he works with great interest and knowledge, drives a car excellently, does all the men’s work around the house, and is not afraid of life’s problems. In the company of friends, he is a bubbly and witty person, who enthusiastically throws himself into any game and livens it with stinging jokes aimed at his opponents.

IV. Suggestible Channel ( -- psychological environment, relations between people...)

In socialization, Entrepreneurs try to stick to the norms of behavior accepted in the group they are in. Their moral criteria are rather high. They are fans of risky hikes where everyone is tested, not only for physical fitness, but also for trustworthiness, friendship, and the ability to help friends in need. They value these character traits above all others. In everyday life, Entrepreneurs try to keep balanced, calm relations with everyone. They believe that there are no benefits from arguments and it is better to discuss all misunderstandings and try to work out a reasonable compromise.

Entrepreneurs cannot stand silent demonstrations of discontent; in such situations they calmly say, <Explain what’s wrong. Let’s sort everything out instead of being offended>. The intricacies of idle chit-chat in the higher circles of society do not interest them.

Job Options

The ability to sense the slightest changes in a situation, quick reactions, initiative, and practicality in combination with creativity make TIEs great business persons and managers. They are capable of effectively organizing work; this ability especially applies to unstable situations. TIEs easily find their place in any research organization — they are excellent experimenters and inventors. Their love of romance and journeys brings many of them to work as geologists, marine biologists, in polar exploration teams, as test-pilots, or even as astronauts. They may also successfully use their abilities in military service or law enforcement, most often in active duty.

The ability to bring elements of a game into work attracts children, so they are often favored teachers.

Famous TIEs: actors — Jack Nicholson, Jean Paul Belmondo, Julia Roberts; scientists — Lev Landau, Enrico Fermi, Richard Feynman, Robert Wood; businessmen — Bill Gates, George Soros; politicians — Tony Blair, John Kennedy, Franklin Roosevelt, Fidel Castro, Boris Eltsin; writer — Jack London; Russian fieldmarshal Alexander Suvorov
    Last edited by HERO; 08-18-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type Kevin O'Leary Te-ENTj (Dominant subtype). I also type the fictional character of John Cavil [Number One (from the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica television series)] ENTj. The actor who portrays John Cavil is Dean Stockwell who might be either ENTj or ENFj. In addition, I'm inclined to agree with the ENTj typings that have been made of Jack London and Niall Ferguson.
    Last edited by HERO; 05-04-2014 at 08:03 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a fairly decent description.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Looks like a fairly decent description.
    i dont know about that typelist though.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    i dont know about that typelist though.
    Yeah, I wouldn't bet on that. The scientists and businesspeople seem somewhat allright. Don't know about the others.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit