Thread: Socionics blind to Anxiety/Neurotic Behaviours

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics blind to Anxiety/Neurotic Behaviours

I've noticed that reading the information elements that socionics appears relatively blind to the anxiety/neurotic responses that most people have and how this drives interpersonal relationships.

I've also seen a level of confusion from some who relate these anxious behaviours to various quadras depending on the flavour of the response and their own personal experiences.

Am I right?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

of course. but i dunno if i'd call it "confusion." thought patterns and behaviors exist before whatever labels you decide to slap on them.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:/
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. It's also far too blind to personal choice, which is why I've gone off it. Learnt a lot about how other people might think though, so all is well.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a pretty neurotic/anxious personality, but I don't believe it really affects my type. What do you mean Socionics is blind to it? I mean it's a theory of information so I wouldn't exactly expect it to account for those specific traits. How do you think socionics would or should incorporate it into the theory?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

well its like if you're habitually questioning your feelings for people and reluctant to enter relationships you could call it anxiety, avoidant attachment style, victim romance style, post traumatic stress, what the fuck ever...the label is only as important as what you use it for. the pattern is the same no matter what you call it. unless you can find it in a brain scan or something.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neuralia View Post
    How do you think socionics would or should incorporate it into the theory?
    I don't think it is either theoretically possible nor that it should; but I see that it occurs regardless.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics might not have much to say about how types interact when neurotic. MBTI, on other forums at least, has said something about this I believe. Supposedly, when types are stressed, they tend to act like a negative or uncontrolled version of their id, what we would call the superid. So you would find an INTp acting like an ESFp and so forth. (This is breaking the old rule of trying to mix the two systems together, but I don't give a fuck.) In my experience, there is some measure of truth in this statement. I think there is also something to the effect of types spending a lot of time around their conflictors and other negative relations and dampening the expression of their stronger functions and trying to act out their superego functions and failing miserably at it, which tends to make these people unattractive to members of every type and quadra, especially one's own.