Thread: Clashes between strategists (reinin)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clashes between strategists (reinin)

is this an accurate description of what happens between two strategic types in a relationship? has anyone seen or experienced these kind of clashes and obstinateness?

Both types in this dyad are declaring types and both are strategists. Once they have outlined a goal they try not to deviate from it, and each tries to set that goal independently, on his or her own: the LIE – as the predisposed to risk, expansive, decisive extrovert, and the EII – as an ambitious, prudent, farsighted static. As strategic types, once they instigate something, it will be something substantial and they won't stop halfway at achieving this goal. Partners-strategists simply put each other before the fact that something is already planned and requires realization and active participation of the other partner. They do so without carefully considering means and capabilities of the other and without receiving his or her advice and consent. They simply suddenly "saddle" their partner with an activity or assignment, which in itself makes each of them feel frustrated. In dual relations, their enduring, hard-working, tactical, sensing partners LSE and ESI, can usually handle these "assignments" and help them realize their goals and plans (though even their energy and strength don't last forever). However, in semi-dual relations, these two pragmatic and overly optimistic intuitive types are quickly put before mutual rejection of such plans: who likes it when important and effort intensive decisions are made over their heads, without consideration of their opinion and without their consent? – "You want this – you take care of it. Don't count on me. I'm going to do something else today."

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    They simply suddenly "saddle" their partner with an activity or assignment, which in itself makes each of them feel frustrated. In dual relations, their enduring, hard-working, tactical, sensing partners LSE and ESI, can usually handle these "assignments" and help them realize their goals and plans (though even their energy and strength don't last forever).
    does anybody like being given chores to do that their partner could just do themselves? i think i'd need an example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mum often starts something and expects others to finish

example: she puts clothes into a washing machine but expects someone else to hang them up

is she strategist? I always get angry at her, so am I too?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    does anybody like being given chores to do that their partner could just do themselves? i think i'd need an example.
    I donīt really think itīs about daily chores. For example (real life)...if I see that life isnīt going well in a given place, I may start applying for jobs in other (supposedly better) places. I wonīt discuss the details and ins and outs of this until I have a real opportunity at hand. However, I would get pissed if people did this to me my partner however seems to get uneasy if I discuss the ins and outs before a real opportunity is available.
    Last edited by FDG; 05-02-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    is this an accurate description of what happens between two strategic types in a relationship? has anyone seen or experienced these kind of clashes and obstinateness?

Both types in this dyad are declaring types and both are strategists. Once they have outlined a goal they try not to deviate from it, and each tries to set that goal independently, on his or her own: the LIE – as the predisposed to risk, expansive, decisive extrovert, and the EII – as an ambitious, prudent, farsighted static. As strategic types, once they instigate something, it will be something substantial and they won't stop halfway at achieving this goal. Partners-strategists simply put each other before the fact that something is already planned and requires realization and active participation of the other partner. They do so without carefully considering means and capabilities of the other and without receiving his or her advice and consent. They simply suddenly "saddle" their partner with an activity or assignment, which in itself makes each of them feel frustrated. In dual relations, their enduring, hard-working, tactical, sensing partners LSE and ESI, can usually handle these "assignments" and help them realize their goals and plans (though even their energy and strength don't last forever). However, in semi-dual relations, these two pragmatic and overly optimistic intuitive types are quickly put before mutual rejection of such plans: who likes it when important and effort intensive decisions are made over their heads, without consideration of their opinion and without their consent? – "You want this – you take care of it. Don't count on me. I'm going to do something else today."

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya
    Yes this is a very accurate description of my relationship with an LIE. We both have different agendas, yet none of us try to "realize" the other's goals. We can sit and talk for hours about what we want to do, yet unless we plainly verbalize what we want the other to help us with, it won't happen.