Thread: Unary/Fragment (Some IXXp type)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unary/Fragment (Some IXXp type)

What is beauty? What is love? Beauty is an experience that is felt when one's ideals are met by some entity. It can be aesthetic or abstract in this fashion. Love is a visceral feeling of being consistently pleased and/or fulfilled by said beauty.

What are your most important values?
    Competency, moral maturity, craftsmanship, intellectual diversity.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Yes; I am an agnostic theist, and I believe that to be the most "logical" of all ideologies. I believe that, if there is a god or god(s), then they will be appeased by our praise, which can be delivered in any form. That is; it (or the collective for 'gods') has/have little care as to what we call it (e.g. Yahweh, Alleh, etc) because it/they acknowledge that we are limited in our imaginative scope, as they/it made us.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think militaries need to be kept for the simple fact that a weakness can always be exploited. While I tend to think of humans as naturally good, avarice can overcome this, as we have seen in many annexations of the past. A simple beacon of power can be enough to deter people from abusing weakness, just as a person would likely not swat at a wasp as they would a fly--the inherent power of the sting (or backlash) is off-putting enough.

Wars seldom end crisis; they tend to expand them. The entering of wars should be rare. Cold wars, of the sorts that I explained before, can accomplish a lot without genocide (e.g. Hiroshima).
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I tend to have a detached presence with jolts of friendliness, which can be misconstrued as vacuous. I've noticed people at first think that I'm not capable of deep discussion, unless they see me in "serious mode."

I've tended to have discussions about whatever interests my interlocutor. I spend so much time in my own head, debating with myself, that I get bored if someone rambles about one of my private interests. I don't get to know the person as well this way, although it is nice to have someone who does share the same interests sometimes.

I tend to talk of science and morality with a fervor, but normally most of this is kept to myself.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I have a bipolar view with my body. I want it to be in good shape, but I seldom have the motivation to do so. I tend to blow bodily distress out of proportion, using knowledge of anatomy to fuel the neuroticism. For example, I may think that a slight tremor is indication of an upcoming seizure. I have had ekgs done on me from simple heart palpitations, thinking I was about to die from cardiac arrest.

I won't let my body go too far. I can be quite strict with dieting.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Meh. They have to get done or they become too much of a nuisance to me. I can temporarily ignore them if something else is more pressing, but it's a huge, begging nuisance to get them done otherwise.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I mainly read technical books. Movies:
    Donnie Darko
    Taxi Driver (Robert De Niro)
    Black Swan
    Apocalypse Now
    A Beautiful Mind
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Failures and strong emotionalism (e.g. getting friends really mad at me). Smile? I do that nervously by default. It helps avert the degree of detachment I have. Normally, I'm a bit stern and get asked if I'm angry.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I like to sing. I like to understand things. I feel one with people that are open with me, although I suck in groups and will default to smile/nod mode.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I'm ambitious yet slightly lazy in attaining things. Once I set a plan that's doable, I do it, although it will lack some constancy that was originally intended. I'm kind of stubborn and morally self-righteous at times.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People see me as smart and talented. I don't really have much I like about myself, at least not with any stability.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Being more proactive. Not being as shy/thinking my inner self is too odd to interact with.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, I am right now. Normally it's due to desiring a certain ideal or plan that I don't meet.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Brashness, rudeness, loudness (for the sake of being so with no point). I tend to attract these people, however. They're entertaining for a bit.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I don't really care. I may idealize both in a way, but I rarely give enough of a shit to pursue someone seriously.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Finding a niche for him/her while keeping them well-cultered and grounded.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    It depends on the friend. If it's an acquaintance, I may say nothing and stop talking to them over time or abruptly, depending on the severity of the clash. If it's a close friend, I may seem placidly distraught and try to get them to see it my way with a calm that would belie my internal feelings.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I'm in it, so I have to participate. People are mostly foreign objects to me that become interesting when I interact with them in small groups or one-on-one but mostly intimidating in groups. Social Problem? People are too self-absorbed, myself being one of those people.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    Most of my friends have said that it took a great deal to get to know me. I act in accordance to what they "need." If they are quiet, I become slightly louder. If they are loud, I become more of a listener. If they have a strong interest in something, I feign similar interests for their own happiness. Depends.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    LOL. With a huge psychological distance with a smile and good manners, secretly hoping that the conversation comes to an end quickly. Yet I've had people be completely oblivious to the fact that I . did. not. want. to . talk.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aligning your interests to your relations means you want to fit in. I don't really see you as Ni base.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Aligning your interests to your relations means you want to fit in. I don't really see you as Ni base.
    So what do you see me as?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fragment View Post
    So what do you see me as?
    You're not whisky and romantic. You seem stern and serious. I don't see you as a merry type. How do you use Ni?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not whisky and romantic. You seem stern and serious. I don't see you as a merry type. How do you use Ni?
    That's an interesting question; I've never really viewed functions as distinct. I view them as dyads (Se/Ni)(Ne/Si) etc. I don't really think this can be answered formidably.

I spend a great deal of time thinking of how things may progress given if I do X. Normally, I anticipate highly negative outcomes, even though it may not be probabilistically as feasible, solely because preparing for the worst ensures that I'll be prepared for the best and rungs above "worst" in general. I tend to view things associatively, not as discrete objects having their own logic, as such I'm able to be "competent"(quoted because my ideals of competency normally are excessive) in many areas. I tend to live in the future or past, depending on the mood or issue of the moment. I have a pretty big problem with detachment, to the point where I can seem oblivious to current reality. It was not uncommon for people to tell me that I didn't see something that I was looking at.

These are just experiences; I don't think it's possible to answer such a question due to how much it varies with type/enna/the situations or thoughts at hand.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's an interesting question; I've never really viewed functions as distinct. I view them as dyads (Se/Ni)(Ne/Si) etc. I don't really think this can be answered formidably.

I spend a great deal of time thinking of how things may progress given if I do X. Normally, I anticipate highly negative outcomes, even though it may not be probabilistically as feasible, solely because preparing for the worst ensures that I'll be prepared for the best and rungs above "worst" in general. I tend to view things associatively, not as discrete objects having their own logic, as such I'm able to be "competent"(quoted because my ideals of competency normally are excessive) in many areas. I tend to live in the future or past, depending on the mood or issue of the moment. I have a pretty big problem with detachment, to the point where I can seem oblivious to current reality. It was not uncommon for people to tell me that I didn't see something that I was looking at.

These are just experiences; I don't think it's possible to answer such a question due to how much it varies with type/enna/the situations or thoughts at hand.
    ^that would be using Ni in a conscious way, yes, And Te PoLR, how does that manifest in you?
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^that would be using Ni in a conscious way, yes, And Te PoLR, how does that manifest in you?
    This is, again, a bit myopic IMO but:
    I'm kind of lazy in acquiring new information, settling if I have found a way of thinking about something that works and is able to be upheld in such a logically consistent fashion. For example, I may have a near air-tight logical answer for something, only to notice that I've excluded new data. I tend to take criticisms of this very personally. I'm not that good with sticking to my plans; they are a bit labile but attainable, most often because I've given myself "slacktime." I tend to excel in fields where the body of information is small (math/physics/etc.) but the interpretation and scope are large. I tend to not do well in things that require lots of information but a narrow scope of interpretation (news/history). I do horribly with remembering dates of important events and such without google <<.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is, again, a bit myopic IMO but:
    I'm kind of lazy in acquiring new information, settling if I have found a way of thinking about something that works and is able to be upheld in such a logically consistent fashion. For example, I may have a near air-tight logical answer for something, only to notice that I've excluded new data. I tend to take criticisms of this very personally. I'm not that good with sticking to my plans; they are a bit labile but attainable, most often because I've given myself "slacktime." I tend to excel in fields where the body of information is small (math/physics/etc.) but the interpretation and scope are large. I tend to not do well in things that require lots of information but a narrow scope of interpretation (news/history). I do horribly with remembering dates of important events and such without google <<.
    wow, seems like you're IEI
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome by the way. Sorry about the cold seeming interrogation lol.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 5w6 sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome by the way. Sorry about the cold seeming interrogation lol.
    it's okay. :-) merry next-day-after-xmas to you.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Can confirm that is IEI.