Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Dual-seeking in terms of Reinin dichotomies

I've never had much time for the Reinin dichotomies except those few that perhaps explain things in ways directly understood through the information elements and Model A.

This has most probably been discussed before in a thread I've missed or not cared to read due to being overly convoluted, but I thought it would be interesting to look at the ways that duals match with each other according to the Reinin dichotomies. According to them:

duals share the same Reinin traits in:
    carefree / farsighted
    yielding / obstinate
    democratic / aristocratic
    judicious / decisive
    merry / serious
    process / result

they differ in the follow traits:
    dynamic / static
    tactical / strategic
    constructivist / emotivist
    positivist / negativist
    asking / declaring

an individual differs from their conflictor in the following traits:
    positivist / negativist
    judicious / decisive
    merry / serious
    process / result

your conflictor shares these traits with you but not your dual:
    static / dynamic

your conflictor shares this trait with your dual, but not you:
    positivist / negativist

your conflictor differs in these traits from both you and your dual:
    judicious / decisive
    merry / serious
    process / result

you share these traits with both your dual and your conflictor:
    carefree / farsighted
    yielding / obstinate
    democratic / aristocratic

It may be inaccurate to say that your dual aids you in the traits they have but you don't because it could still be that even in shared Reinin traits they are assisting you in information elements that you are weak in.

However, if you are looking at the Reinin dichotomies in isolation as a passing interest, "independent" from Model A Socionics (although it isn't really), then it perhaps says things about patterns of behaviour you like and dislike.

e.g. if I am a EII:
    I will wish for a dual who shares the following traits: farsighted, yielding, aristocratic, judicious, serious, and process.

I will need a dual who aids me in the following traits, which I do not have (in theory): dynamic, tactical, emotivist, negativist, and asking

I will find the combined following traits (which my conflictor has but I don't) unattractive: negativist, decisive, merry, and result. In addition, they share with me the following traits, which combined with their style, I probably find unattractive: static and constructivist.

I think with many, if not all traits, it is difficult to determine which you are due to problems with determining which areas of action and timescales are important. e.g. it is quite possible, maybe even natural, for a person to be a long-term positivist but a short-term negativist.

Looking at the traits I share as well as the ones in which I differ with my conflictor in this way, it is easy for me to see why my conflictor rubs me the wrong way in the how they act. Their mood is different or similar in exactly the wrong ways! They are quick to act in entirely the wrong manner altogether, and slow in the things in which they get right. They may even be prone to acting in ways similar to my own at some levels, but in ways in which I despise in myself.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 05-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can't say I dislike any of them, although Merry would annoy me after a while. Too much negativism can be emotionally draining for me also.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In terms of Identical relations, the dichotomies you share that your dual doesn't have are:
    dynamic / static
    tactical / strategic
    positivist / negativist
    asking / declaring

so for an EII, that would be static, strategic, constructivist, positivist, and declaring.

In combination, these would be mutual traits that would leave you feeling stagnated when with your fellow Identicals, as well as with yourself!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Shared Reinin traits between the various dual pairs:

ILE/SEI: carefree, yielding, democratic, judicious, process
    ESE/LII: farsighted, obstinate, democratic, judicious, result
    EIE/LSI: carefree, obstinate, aristocratic, decisive, process
    SLE/IEI: farsighted, yielding, aristocratic, decisive, result
    SEE/ILI: farsighted, obstinate, democratic, decisive, process
    LIE/ESI: carefree, yielding, democratic, decisive, result
    LSE/EII: farsighted, yielding, aristocratic, judicious, process
    IEE/SLI: carefree, obstinate, aristocratic, judicious, result

Do people have any thoughts on why\if these combinations of traits are mutually appealing based on their own dual experiences?
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 09-28-2014 at 01:12 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ILE/SEI: carefree, yielding, democratic, judicious, process

Carefree

Careless types are inclined to solve a problem and search for a solution using only that information which is accessible to them in that given situation (for example, under the conditions of a given task). Therefore, careless types for each new task make a new "algorithm" to fit the given task.

In giving their answer to the problem posed, the context of searching for the answer and solving the problem (the preparation stage, collection of information, past experience, and so on) is not mentioned, but rather it is silently "implied".

When speaking, careless types often use the word "anticipate" as a general concept; usually they mean that it is "needed", "it would be good" or that "it is "impossible" to "anticipate everything".

Yielding

For the Yielding type, personal resources falls into their "inner personal space" (i.e. something that cannot be compromised), which is outlined with a "personal boundary", while interests constitute an object to be manipulated. Interest is evoked only if it can be supported by an adequate, corresponding resource or opportunity.

Yielding types, while interacting with other people, freely express their interests (they readily share photographs, voice their disagreements, consider counterarguments, are ready to share their interests with other people and collaborate on them). These types clearly delineate interests as "my own" and "those of others".

Yielding types protect themselves during conflicts over resources, but they do not monitor encroachments on their interests. If anyone attempts to claim their resources, thus intruding into their "personal space", they react sharply, which can even seem a bit over the edge and aggressive. (This reaction is associated with "inviolability" of their resources.)

Democrats

Democrat perceives and distinguishes himself primarily through personal qualities. Perceiving other people, their personal qualities are likewise primary for him (how close, interesting, pleasant or unpleasant this individual is to him personally; their intelligence, ideas, appearance, tastes, etc.). Because of this, individualism is inherent to the democrat: "I am I".

Democrat forms his attitude toward a specific person based on their personal characteristics (authority, intellect, personal achievements, etc.). The democrat recognizes superiority of certain individuals drawing from their personal qualities. The relation of the democrat to another person will not be based on their belonging to one group or another, as well as on their relations to the representatives of these groups.

Democratic types are not inclined to perceive people with whom they associate as representatives of a certain "circle of contacts", which possesses special characteristics, inherent precisely to the members of this circle.

Democrat is not inclined to use expressions that generalize "group features" of certain individuals (for example, "a typical representative").

Judicious

Judicious types are relaxed in their natural state; they mobilize and concentrate only when needing to accomplish some objective. After the task has been completed, they demobilize again. This state of demobilization is the natural state of the Judicious types.

For Judicious types, it is mandatory that before they engage in some important task, they spend some time in this natural state of "slackness" (relax and distract themselves)葉he better they rest, the better they will subsequently mobilize and concentrate at the crucial moments, and the better their overall performance will be. The more difficult the task ahead of them葉he more crucial and necessary prior rest becomes.

A transition from a state of mobilization (high activity) to a state of slackness (low activity) for Judicious types does not present a problem. However, they can experience difficulties while trying to "mobilize" themselves (it is difficult for them to leave their natural state). Because of this, they often require some kind of stimulus to get mobilized (they are inclined to put themselves in situations where external factors either force them to act or someone else acts for them)

Judicious types tend to divide large tasks into several stages. Then they mobilize to carry out each stage, and in between revert back to their natural relaxed state (small matters they can do in a single push).

They become aware of their state of readiness when they have just begun considering taking action i.e. at the most minimal level or mobilization. They are poorly aware of moment they undertook some decision, often do not remember it.

Judicious types are better aware of the preparatory stage and consider it more valuable (this is the stage of discussion, presenting options, choosing between them, and so on). They invest more time and effort into this stage. Stages when oneself comes to a decision and executes it are as if implied葉hey are considered less important and given less attention.

In regards to work, Judicious types appreciate a certain level of convenience, freedom, and comfort. Actual place of work (the environment in which they work) they are inclined to evaluate from the point of view of its conditions. Judicious types are not inclined to renounce their conveniences葉hey are not ready to sacrifice their working conditions for the sake of the results (for instance a monetary reward) "Well I simply can't do without my peace!"

Speech peculiarities: Judicious types describe how and why they came to a certain decision, but do not highlight the moment when they undertook it; in conversations about work they speak of working conditions (convenience, breaks, proximity to their place of residence, and so on).

Process

Process types perceive themselves "within the process", they "immerse" into it, become a part of it. Because of this, they have great difficulty managing several processes at once.

Process types perceive the process as something whole, integral, inseparable. They tend to follow through its course without switching, as it is difficult for them to return to previously started then abandoned processes (for them, returning back to the track from which they "switched off" and continuing where they left off is equivalent to starting anew).

Lexicon: frequent use of word "process".

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ESE/LII: farsighted, obstinate, democratic, judicious, result

Farsighted

When solving problems farsighted types "scoop" the information from a wide "pool" of their experiences (when considering a question, they are inclined to refer to the entirely of their experience and knowledge in an attempt to find an answer). Farsighted types are inclined to use already prepared, accumulated methods (algorithms) for solving problems.

When answering a question posed, they cover a wide context: they mention the preliminary stage of their search for the answer, the circumstance surrounding this search, the information that was available.

When speaking, farsighted type rarely use the word "anticipate" as a general concept, but when they describe some actions or plans they demonstrate this concept through concrete examples (they give examples of how something could be anticipated).

Obstinate

For Obstinate types, their interest fall into their "personal ("inviolable") space", which is outlined with a "personal boundary", while resources are an object to be manipulated. In the presence of an interest, their will seek suitable resources and opportunities.

The Obstinate interacting with other people freely operates with their resources (they can "share" and "trade" them, purposefully replenish them and use them up). They are acutely aware of the dividing line between their own resources and those of others.

Obstinate types guard themselves from intrusions into their personal sphere of interests, while at the same time they pay no heed to intrusions on their resources. If someone tries to impose their interests on Obstinate types, thus intruding into their personal space, their reaction will be sufficiently deterring and sharp (such a reaction occurs in cases when other's interests do not become their interests).

Democrats

Democrat perceives and distinguishes himself primarily through personal qualities. Perceiving other people, their personal qualities are likewise primary for him (how close, interesting, pleasant or unpleasant this individual is to him personally; their intelligence, ideas, appearance, tastes, etc.). Because of this, individualism is inherent to the democrat: "I am I".

Democrat forms his attitude toward a specific person based on their personal characteristics (authority, intellect, personal achievements, etc.). The democrat recognizes superiority of certain individuals drawing from their personal qualities. The relation of the democrat to another person will not be based on their belonging to one group or another, as well as on their relations to the representatives of these groups.

Democratic types are not inclined to perceive people with whom they associate as representatives of a certain "circle of contacts", which possesses special characteristics, inherent precisely to the members of this circle.

Democrat is not inclined to use expressions that generalize "group features" of certain individuals (for example, "a typical representative").

Judicious

Judicious types are relaxed in their natural state; they mobilize and concentrate only when needing to accomplish some objective. After the task has been completed, they demobilize again. This state of demobilization is the natural state of the Judicious types.

For Judicious types, it is mandatory that before they engage in some important task, they spend some time in this natural state of "slackness" (relax and distract themselves)葉he better they rest, the better they will subsequently mobilize and concentrate at the crucial moments, and the better their overall performance will be. The more difficult the task ahead of them葉he more crucial and necessary prior rest becomes.

A transition from a state of mobilization (high activity) to a state of slackness (low activity) for Judicious types does not present a problem. However, they can experience difficulties while trying to "mobilize" themselves (it is difficult for them to leave their natural state). Because of this, they often require some kind of stimulus to get mobilized (they are inclined to put themselves in situations where external factors either force them to act or someone else acts for them)

Judicious types tend to divide large tasks into several stages. Then they mobilize to carry out each stage, and in between revert back to their natural relaxed state (small matters they can do in a single push).

They become aware of their state of readiness when they have just begun considering taking action i.e. at the most minimal level or mobilization. They are poorly aware of moment they undertook some decision, often do not remember it.

Judicious types are better aware of the preparatory stage and consider it more valuable (this is the stage of discussion, presenting options, choosing between them, and so on). They invest more time and effort into this stage. Stages when oneself comes to a decision and executes it are as if implied葉hey are considered less important and given less attention.

In regards to work, Judicious types appreciate a certain level of convenience, freedom, and comfort. Actual place of work (the environment in which they work) they are inclined to evaluate from the point of view of its conditions. Judicious types are not inclined to renounce their conveniences葉hey are not ready to sacrifice their working conditions for the sake of the results (for instance a monetary reward) "Well I simply can't do without my peace!"

Speech peculiarities: Judicious types describe how and why they came to a certain decision, but do not highlight the moment when they undertook it; in conversations about work they speak of working conditions (convenience, breaks, proximity to their place of residence, and so on).

Result

Result types place themselves "outside of a process", they dissociate from it. For them the situation, the process (what they are doing) is something external to themselves, managed from aside. Because of this, Result types can deal with multiple tasks/affairs simultaneously, tracing the beginning and end of each (it is easier for them to oversee several processes at one time).

Result types are inclined to make intermediate and final estimates, to sum up the results or outputs. They are oriented towards the result i.e. the finishing point of a process. They experience discomfort if the matter in which they are involved does not have a clearly delineated result. This happens because these types put themselves outside of a process, thus they poorly monitor its progression葉hey use intermediate and final "result" estimates to track the natural flow of the process.

Lexicon: in speech they often use words "beginning", "end", "stage", "interval", "result".

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

EIE/LSI: carefree, obstinate, aristocratic, decisive, process

Carefree

Careless types are inclined to solve a problem and search for a solution using only that information which is accessible to them in that given situation (for example, under the conditions of a given task). Therefore, careless types for each new task make a new "algorithm" to fit the given task.

In giving their answer to the problem posed, the context of searching for the answer and solving the problem (the preparation stage, collection of information, past experience, and so on) is not mentioned, but rather it is silently "implied".

When speaking, careless types often use the word "anticipate" as a general concept; usually they mean that it is "needed", "it would be good" or that "it is "impossible" to "anticipate everything".

Obstinate

For Obstinate types, their interest fall into their "personal ("inviolable") space", which is outlined with a "personal boundary", while resources are an object to be manipulated. In the presence of an interest, their will seek suitable resources and opportunities.

The Obstinate interacting with other people freely operates with their resources (they can "share" and "trade" them, purposefully replenish them and use them up). They are acutely aware of the dividing line between their own resources and those of others.

Obstinate types guard themselves from intrusions into their personal sphere of interests, while at the same time they pay no heed to intrusions on their resources. If someone tries to impose their interests on Obstinate types, thus intruding into their personal space, their reaction will be sufficiently deterring and sharp (such a reaction occurs in cases when other's interests do not become their interests).

Aristocrats

The aristocrat frequently perceives and defines himself an other people through group associations (division into groups can occur based on almost any criteria: professional or theoretical, by age or nationality, by place of residence or which floor the persons live on, etc.), for example: "I'm a representative of..." "This person is from such and such...". Collectivism is more inherent to the aristocrat.

Their attitude toward another person forms under the influence of their attitude towards the group to which the person belongs. To the aristocrat, it is incomprehensible how it is possible to belong to two opposing groups at the same time: "You are either with us, or with them and against us".

Aristocrat distinguished his "circle of contacts" by certain traits, realizes its certain "speciality".

In speech aristocrat frequently use expressions like "group", "typical representative of", "our", "all of them are like that", etc.

Decisive

Decisive types will often mobilize before it is really necessary, as if they are subconsciously preparing for accomplishing upcoming tasks; after accomplishing a task Decisive types remain in a state of mobilization for some time afterwards. A state of readiness is their natural state.

It is necessary for Decisive types to stay in their natural sate of mobilization up until the end of an important task葉he more effective the mobilization, the more fulfilling their rest will be ("If you don't go to work遥ou cannot rest")

After completing the necessary task, Decisive types have trouble leaving their state of mobilization (frequently this is expressed by aimless, thoughtless activity). Therefore, Decisive types often require subsequent additional, external stimuli (for instance, they may plan a diversion: "After the test, I will certainly go see a movie") or turn to other people to help them relax and forget about their actual work.

Decisive types are not inclined to divide upcoming large tasks into separate stages. They will instead stay mobilized for the entire duration of the task so that the task could be accomplished as a whole. While the task is still unfinished, they maintain a state of internal readiness.

Decisive types become aware of their own state of mobilization at the moment they make a decision i.e. when the mobilization reaches a sufficiently high level. They are aware of the moment of they undertake a decision and remember it ("I have decided that...").

Decisive types better recognize the stage of their involvement, starting from the moment that they made a decision. They invest more time and effort into carrying out the task, since they consider the actual work to be the most important part. They appreciate far less and are far less aware of the preparation and planning stages than the subsequent decisions and their implementation.

Decisive types are inclined to work for the sake of the result (for example, a reward or bonus). In contrast to the Judicious types, they can renounce their comforts and conveniences for this. They evaluate their place of work by looking at what returns they get for the effort they invested (including monetary rewards).

Speech features: Decisive types underscore the moments of making a decision and in detail speak of stages of its implementation; in conversation about work they speak about its "fruits", decisions and results; in speech the word "money" is often heard.

Process

Process types perceive themselves "within the process", they "immerse" into it, become a part of it. Because of this, they have great difficulty managing several processes at once.

Process types perceive the process as something whole, integral, inseparable. They tend to follow through its course without switching, as it is difficult for them to return to previously started then abandoned processes (for them, returning back to the track from which they "switched off" and continuing where they left off is equivalent to starting anew).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

SLE/IEI: farsighted, yielding, aristocratic, decisive, result

Farsighted

When solving problems farsighted types "scoop" the information from a wide "pool" of their experiences (when considering a question, they are inclined to refer to the entirely of their experience and knowledge in an attempt to find an answer). Farsighted types are inclined to use already prepared, accumulated methods (algorithms) for solving problems.

When answering a question posed, they cover a wide context: they mention the preliminary stage of their search for the answer, the circumstance surrounding this search, the information that was available.

When speaking, farsighted type rarely use the word "anticipate" as a general concept, but when they describe some actions or plans they demonstrate this concept through concrete examples (they give examples of how something could be anticipated).

Yielding

For the Yielding type, personal resources falls into their "inner personal space" (i.e. something that cannot be compromised), which is outlined with a "personal boundary", while interests constitute an object to be manipulated. Interest is evoked only if it can be supported by an adequate, corresponding resource or opportunity.

Yielding types, while interacting with other people, freely express their interests (they readily share photographs, voice their disagreements, consider counterarguments, are ready to share their interests with other people and collaborate on them). These types clearly delineate interests as "my own" and "those of others".

Aristocrats

The aristocrat frequently perceives and defines himself an other people through group associations (division into groups can occur based on almost any criteria: professional or theoretical, by age or nationality, by place of residence or which floor the persons live on, etc.), for example: "I'm a representative of..." "This person is from such and such...". Collectivism is more inherent to the aristocrat.

Their attitude toward another person forms under the influence of their attitude towards the group to which the person belongs. To the aristocrat, it is incomprehensible how it is possible to belong to two opposing groups at the same time: "You are either with us, or with them and against us".

Aristocrat distinguished his "circle of contacts" by certain traits, realizes its certain "speciality".

In speech aristocrat frequently use expressions like "group", "typical representative of", "our", "all of them are like that", etc.

Decisive

Decisive types will often mobilize before it is really necessary, as if they are subconsciously preparing for accomplishing upcoming tasks; after accomplishing a task Decisive types remain in a state of mobilization for some time afterwards. A state of readiness is their natural state.

It is necessary for Decisive types to stay in their natural sate of mobilization up until the end of an important task葉he more effective the mobilization, the more fulfilling their rest will be ("If you don't go to work遥ou cannot rest")

After completing the necessary task, Decisive types have trouble leaving their state of mobilization (frequently this is expressed by aimless, thoughtless activity). Therefore, Decisive types often require subsequent additional, external stimuli (for instance, they may plan a diversion: "After the test, I will certainly go see a movie") or turn to other people to help them relax and forget about their actual work.

Decisive types are not inclined to divide upcoming large tasks into separate stages. They will instead stay mobilized for the entire duration of the task so that the task could be accomplished as a whole. While the task is still unfinished, they maintain a state of internal readiness.

Decisive types become aware of their own state of mobilization at the moment they make a decision i.e. when the mobilization reaches a sufficiently high level. They are aware of the moment of they undertake a decision and remember it ("I have decided that...").

Decisive types better recognize the stage of their involvement, starting from the moment that they made a decision. They invest more time and effort into carrying out the task, since they consider the actual work to be the most important part. They appreciate far less and are far less aware of the preparation and planning stages than the subsequent decisions and their implementation.

Decisive types are inclined to work for the sake of the result (for example, a reward or bonus). In contrast to the Judicious types, they can renounce their comforts and conveniences for this. They evaluate their place of work by looking at what returns they get for the effort they invested (including monetary rewards).

Speech features: Decisive types underscore the moments of making a decision and in detail speak of stages of its implementation; in conversation about work they speak about its "fruits", decisions and results; in speech the word "money" is often heard.

Result

Result types place themselves "outside of a process", they dissociate from it. For them the situation, the process (what they are doing) is something external to themselves, managed from aside. Because of this, Result types can deal with multiple tasks/affairs simultaneously, tracing the beginning and end of each (it is easier for them to oversee several processes at one time).

Result types are inclined to make intermediate and final estimates, to sum up the results or outputs. They are oriented towards the result i.e. the finishing point of a process. They experience discomfort if the matter in which they are involved does not have a clearly delineated result. This happens because these types put themselves outside of a process, thus they poorly monitor its progression葉hey use intermediate and final "result" estimates to track the natural flow of the process.

Lexicon: in speech they often use words "beginning", "end", "stage", "interval", "result".

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

SEE/ILI: farsighted, obstinate, democratic, decisive, process

Farsighted

Obstinate

Democrats

Decisive

Process

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LIE/ESI: carefree, yielding, democratic, decisive, result

Carefree

Yielding

Yielding types protect themselves during conflicts over resources, but they do not monitor encroachments on their interests. If anyone attempts to claim their resources, thus intruding into their "personal space", they react sharply, which can even seem a bit over the edge and aggressive. (This reaction is associated with "inviolability" of their resources.)

Democrats

Decisive

Result

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LSE/EII: farsighted, yielding, aristocratic, judicious, process

Farsighted

Yielding

Aristocrats

Judicious

Process

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

IEE/SLI: carefree, obstinate, aristocratic, judicious, result

Carefree

Obstinate

Aristocrats

Judicious

Result

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no real reason to separate Reinin traits from the four basic Jungian dichotomies. You might get a more complete picture if you include those as well. A type and their dual will share rationality / irrationality, but will differ in introversion / extraversion, intuitive / sensing and ethical / logical.

Comparing duals and conflictors can be fun, but it might also be instructive to compare duals with Superego. The only dichotomies duals are distinct from both conflictors and superegos are Static / Dynamic, Merry / Serious, Judicious / Decisive, and Asking / Declaring.