Thread: Interesting articles thread

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.paratheatrical.com/attention.html

What we pay attention to informs the content of our minds; how we pay attention informs the quality of our consciousness. Two types of attention; "first attention" and "second attention". The first attention refers to that awareness linked to language, thinking and the automatic assignment of labels and meanings. The second attention refers to that awareness linked to presence, energy, and phenomena without any assignment of meaning or labels or thinking. Both attentions are important and necessary for different reasons.
    attn: all Ni seekers

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Coooool *^*

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

https://www.wired.com/2012/12/spider-building-spider/

A SPIDER THAT builds elaborate, fake spiders and hangs them in its web has been discovered in the Peruvian Amazon.
    Believed to be a new species in the genus Cyclosa, the arachnid crafts the larger spider from leaves, debris and dead insects. Though Cyclosa includes other sculpting arachnids, this is the first one observed to build a replica with multiple, spidery legs.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What We Said When the World Changed

(There's a 35 page pdf linked in the article)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Super good

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Twins who are both Fraternal AND Identical...

This article was SO interesting. @Chae I think you will especially like it since you are one of "The Psychologist" types, like me. The author, Susan Dominus did an first class job writing this up (enpughso that I want to read her other stuff). Her writing style is at least half of what it makes this article so interesting (besides the interesting facts!). I was esearvhign something about twins when I found this. Their faces were so striking that I wanted to know their story.

I was going to write about all the things I found interesting about it, but I read it several days ago and if I put off posting it before i comment, I will never get it posted. Here it is:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/12/m...gota.html?_r=0

I would love to see anyone's guesses on types! I feel pretty positive that Carlos and Wilbur are ESTp - that came through clear to me. But nothing "came through" for me for Jorge and William yet. If I applied myself I would probably get it, but I'd rather see someone else's insight on their types first to get my thoughts going. So if anyone has a guess and a reason, I'd love to hear it. I am thinking those two might be Beta NF's, but, I do not get the idea the four share a Quadra. VI-guesses are welcome as well!

From the article:

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Russian Response to the Asteroid Threat: Calls for International Cooperation to Defend Earth (February 22, 2013)

On Feb. 18, the Russian State Duma's Foreign Affairs Committee chief, Alexei Pushkov, said, "Instead of fighting on Earth, people should be creating a joint system of asteroid defense."

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    This article was SO interesting. @Chae I think you will especially like it since you are one of "The Psychologist" types, like me. The author, Susan Dominus did an first class job writing this up (enpughso that I want to read her other stuff). Her writing style is at least half of what it makes this article so interesting (besides the interesting facts!). I was esearvhign something about twins when I found this. Their faces were so striking that I wanted to know their story.

I was going to write about all the things I found interesting about it, but I read it several days ago and if I put off posting it before i comment, I will never get it posted. Here it is:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/12/m...gota.html?_r=0

I would love to see anyone's guesses on types! I feel pretty positive that Carlos and Wilbur are ESTp - that came through clear to me. But nothing "came through" for me for Jorge and William yet. If I applied myself I would probably get it, but I'd rather see someone else's insight on their types first to get my thoughts going. So if anyone has a guess and a reason, I'd love to hear it. I am thinking those two might be Beta NF's, but, I do not get the idea the four share a Quadra. VI-guesses are welcome as well!

From the article:

Wow, that is an incredible story.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Wow, that is an incredible story.
    It is incredible! Do you have an ideas on types??
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    It is incredible! Do you have an ideas on types??
    No. I don't think the article describes their personality enough for that, other than perhaps they are more likely to be extroverts than average, based on their interests and professions.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does your musical taste say about your personality and lifestyle?

"What is also interesting about these findings is the extent of overlap between those who like musical styles that are, on the surface, very different. Country and classical music fans overlap considerably in everything but their income, in reflection of a shared conservative worldview; and opera and heavy metal fans also united on more than just their love of dramatic music, as they share similarly creative and gentle personalities."

All these articles are sort of goofy IMO, mostly because how much they contradict each other, but calling classical people upper-class hicks and opera people upper-class metalheads is always fun.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The ancient Egyptians believed that to make rebirth possible for a deceased woman, she briefly had to turn into a man."

https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhib..._ancient_egypt

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death in Opera: A Visual Representation

(This is a great article, and if you don't get it, you should.)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"That said, some people plunge into Schubert songs when their romantic relationship breaks up, others put on Adele."

I feel like Adele should do a rendition of Schubert sometime. I mean most of his songs are so simple anyways, they can be easily stylistically altered and we can make some sexy Adele-style Schubert without her having to change her style much at all or making it unrecognizable as Schubert.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast