Thread: INFjs trusting at first but unforgiving of betrayal later?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFjs trusting at first but unforgiving of betrayal later?

I just realized something interesting about myself and perhaps other INFJs too.

In the beginning, trust is easily given. Perhaps not the unbreakable trust but still, you don't suspect the other person to be capable of EVIL THOUGHTS/betrayal possibilities...such. We're cynical unless we have a reason to be.

So...once the trust breaks, there's no way to regain that sort of freedom/easily given trust...I'm always wondering if I'm right to trust the person or... even if I pretend I do or do my best to...it's just...not the same, not pure anymore, there'll always be this nagging suspicion that since I suspected someone of betrayal once, it could happen again...
    INFP

Creepy-pokeball

Im still stuck on this trust thing cause it seems that all 4 NFs are highly trusting yet highly distrustful at the same exact time. It's like there are different flavors of trust and some are like trojan horses

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFs are idealists. It makes sense to me
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I'm the same way. Once the trust is broken it's very hard to get it back. The better I know someone the more it takes before that happens though, because I'm sentimental like that. If I really want to I can work on trusting someone more, but it's only happened a couple of times in 30 years. It takes a lot of work. A lot.
    INFj