Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Differences between mirror types LIE (ENTj) and ILI (INTp)

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Differences between mirror types LIE (ENTj) and ILI (INTp)

    If you flirt openly and often sexually and girls are receptive to your advances on a continual basis you are definatelly ENTj ...

    If you have problems keeping extroverted girls interested in you beyond occasional amounts of outgoing activity and it seems like they are "dealing with you" you are INTp ...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Note that I could be wrong, as I am basimg that on my own experiences and from what I have heard from INTps.

  3. #3
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you have problems keeping extroverted girls interested in you beyond occasional amounts of outgoing activity and it seems like they are "dealing with you" you are INTp ...
    You are definitely right, rmcnew...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now, the diffrence between an ENTp and an ENTj is that ENTps are more relationship oriented than ENTjs, and tend to get "befriended" a whole lot more or end up being a boyfriend ... ENTjs on the other hand tend to not make very good boyfriends.

    Some ENTps wisen up sexually and start emulating ENTjs in their behaviour to some degree and might even get worse than ENTjs because of their weak or or whereever they are weak - I am not very good with symbols yet ...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I sort of had the same realization also that I am definatelly not an INTp when I heard some of the INTps telling horror about their ways with women. I've been far more successful than that ...

    Plus, I had a beneficial relationship with a hot little buttercup of an ENFj in which I was the benefactor, so that pretty much sums it up that I an ENTp ...

    That, and I have a supervisory relationship with my father who is an ISTj ...

    So, I guess if you want to be really really sure of your type [like me], you can start typing people around you and figure out the type of relationship you have with them; that's what I did ...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This has to be the most ridiculous method of discriminating between INTP and ENTJ there is. After the rather dubious "experiment to prove" VI, we had the website that stole other people's work and exposed illegally people's photographs, and now we have the magic formula to discriminate between ENTJ and INTP. Well of course!

    Please, explain to us, rmcnew, how you manage to arrive to such superior knowledge. It seems that the rest of the world needs to make hypotheses, design experiments, gather data and analyze them with specific techniques. You, on the other hand, possess supernatural powers that able you to know in ways us mere mortals can only dream of. What is your secret, oh great Rmcnew?
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I actually agree with rcmnew on this one. It is a good "practical" method for identifying ENTj vs. INTp. I disagree with his ENTp/j distinction however. I think that might be based in quadrable bias. The way he does things is Ne of course There are advantages to this method like being able to see things without having to test but of course there are disadvantages. This is why alpha will always be superior in undefined systems whilst Gamma will be superior to Alpha in defined systems.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    This has to be the most ridiculous method of discriminating between INTP and ENTJ there is. After the rather dubious "experiment to prove" VI, we had the website that stole other people's work and exposed illegally people's photographs, and now we have the magic formula to discriminate between ENTJ and INTP. Well of course!
    I suppose you are trying to be intentionally rediculous and redundant to emphasize a point to justify your own biased judgement, which for the most part is unfair and untrue. Frankly, I think these are things you want to believe, and believe them you shall. Hurts? Maybe, but that's what unfounded criticism does ...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that rmcnew made his coclusions with his . You just have to believe into it and that is all. You can't explain ,but it works. ENTJ has however strong subconcious function and so they just cannot see how this thing works, but it works.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    Please, explain to us, rmcnew, how you manage to arrive to such superior knowledge. It seems that the rest of the world needs to make hypotheses, design experiments, gather data and analyze them with specific techniques. You, on the other hand, possess supernatural powers that able you to know in ways us mere mortals can only dream of. What is your secret, oh great Rmcnew?
    Please explain to us, how you managed to arrive at such founded logic. It seems that the rest of the world faces hard cold truth of reality, relying upon experience, hunches, intuition, and trial and error. You, on the other hand, posess this amazing ability to to turn gold into straw, shit into bricks. What is your secret, oh great Eidos?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by male21notinthegame
    I think that rmcnew made his coclusions with his . You just have to believe into it and that is all. You can't explain ,but it works. ENTJ has however strong subconcious function and so they just cannot see how this thing works, but it works.
    I did, but it doesn't matter. I think people learn enough about socionics by just experiencing how people interact in this forum.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I actually agree with rcmnew on this one. It is a good "practical" method for identifying ENTj vs. INTp. I disagree with his ENTp/j distinction however. I think that might be based in quadrable bias. The way he does things is Ne of course There are advantages to this method like being able to see things without having to test but of course there are disadvantages. This is why alpha will always be superior in undefined systems whilst Gamma will be superior to Alpha in defined systems.
    The reason why I said that is because the ENTjs I know have tended to be far more promiscuosly agressive in their behaviour than the ENTps I know, except for the ENTps that get tired of being burned and actually go the opposite extreeme bypassing ENTj behaviour.

    Of course, that is my observation ... it seems like the main diffrent is sort of dualistic, ENTjs do the burning while ENTps get burned for a period of time, but after a period of time there is a flip-flop and ENTjs get burned and ENTps do the burning.

    Sort of a love/hate type of relationship ...

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Rofl

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I actually agree with rcmnew on this one. It is a good "practical" method for identifying ENTj vs. INTp. I disagree with his ENTp/j distinction however. I think that might be based in quadrable bias. The way he does things is Ne of course There are advantages to this method like being able to see things without having to test but of course there are disadvantages. This is why alpha will always be superior in undefined systems whilst Gamma will be superior to Alpha in defined systems.
    The reason why I said that is because the ENTjs I know have tended to be far more promiscuosly agressive in their behaviour than the ENTps I know, except for the ENTps that get tired of being burned and actually go the opposite extreeme bypassing ENTj behaviour.

    Of course, that is my observation ... it seems like the main diffrent is sort of dualistic, ENTjs do the burning while ENTps get burned for a period of time, but after a period of time there is a flip-flop and ENTjs get burned and ENTps do the burning.

    Sort of a love/hate type of relationship ...
    If this were true, how in the Canada do I not have a human friend-g right now? Bloody Canada man, your ideas are founded on narrow experiences. Regardless of type, you aren't more or less likely to "pick up chicks", so quiet down about this type-related-promiscuity. Also, do not disrespect another member of this forum like that again. Since you are new, I won't report you to a mod, but you still should apologize to everyone you annoyed, angred, etc., especially to Eidos. There is a certain decorum in this forum, and foremost is to respect everyone's opinion and "play nice".

    Here is the true differences between ENTJ and INTP, which luckily I have real experience with, as I am an ENTJ, and my best friend is an INTP.

    ENTJs are nice folks to be around, although a little bossy and self-assured. Once you get past that, their energy will enable you do strive for your best.

    INTPs are also very nice people. They are very understanding and patient. Where others give up, they stay on, seeing it through. Their compassion will enable you to pick yourself up after an emotional disturbance. They are the "healers" of the psychiatric world.

    This is all based on my experiences, so if it contradicts with your findings, maybe it may be because I have good taste in friends and don't spend my days in isolation watching people from afar. I prefer to be in the action, interacting with others. This brings far greater results than anything else I know of. Since my "subjects" are willing to talk to me, they are more open to be themselves around me, resulting in again, better results. Even if my methods are flawed, at least I have the knowledge that in the end, they're still my friends, regardless of what I learned or didn't learn from them, not that I actually interview them constantly and study them, as I just live life in their company.

    I suppose I should apologize to you, for insulting your methods, however you've already angered me past apology level. Tone you stuff down and write an apology to Eidos, and I'll apologize to you.
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

    If I only had a brain...

    Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

    I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

    ENTJ

    Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    First of all, I do not owe Eidos an apology, nor do I think an entire type is full of promiscuous people. However, I do believe that ENTjs are habitually more prone to being openly exposed as promiscuous. There could be other type related factors that change the perspective from, but that is my general consensus atleast.

    And I don't really think Eidos owes me an apology, either; except for the fact that he insults my intelligence and learning capabities, which I don't think he realizes he comes off that way. But, there are so many misunderstandings in this forum and miscimmunications I have really ceased to care. If people get along, find. If not, fine.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Canada

    Yes, Canada, a nice country to the north. Wikipedia has a nice entry about it. Canada is notable for its free, tax-supported health care, and their attempts to be like Amsterdam (they've recently been thinking about allowing medical marjuana and lowering the drinking age).

    However, the reference I make to Canada is as the antipode of paradise. The reason for this: any moral person would find Canada to be like a hell, with their freedom of the flesh and indulgences thereof. Canada is a nice country, but as of late, they've lost their way in trying to appease everyone. Canada is still mildly subjective to Great Britain (notice how they seem to hang on GB's command, despite being independant for hundreds of years). The US controls Canada's economy and GB controls its politics. Canada is loosing its identity, and as such is trying to be a party nation to try to regain something like a personality.
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

    If I only had a brain...

    Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

    I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

    ENTJ

    Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

  16. #16
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sheila: Time's have changed
    Our kids are kids are getting worse
    They wont obey their parents
    They just want to fart and curse!
    Sharon: Should we blame the government?
    Liane: Or blame society?
    Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
    Sheila: No, blame Canada
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
    And flappin heads so full of lies
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: We need to form a full assault
    Everyone: It's Canadas fault!
    Sharon: Don't blame me
    For my son Stan
    He saw the darn cartoon
    And now he's off to join the Klan!
    Liane: And my boy Eric once
    Had my picture on his shelf
    But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
    Sheila: Well, blame Canada
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    It seems that everythings gone wrong
    Since Canada came along
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Blame Canada
    Some Guy: There not even a real country anyway
    Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer it's true
    Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue
    Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
    Should we blame the fire?
    Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
    Sheila: Heck no!
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their hockey hubbabaloo
    Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Shame on Canada
    The smut we must stop
    The trash we must smash
    Laughter and fun
    must all be undone
    We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus



    No, really, I love Canada. Next to 42 it's the answer to everything
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    First of all, I do not owe Eidos an apology
    I think you do. I don't think you realize how the things you are saying sound to others. You definitely need an ISFp in your life I know where it is coming from so I sympathize but you do need to cool it.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't understand why, the thread wasn't even about him and he comes in her spouting nonsense and insulting my intelligence.

  19. #19
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I don't understand why, the thread wasn't even about him and he comes in her spouting nonsense and insulting my intelligence.
    Aagh! My overactive imagination and accursed ENTJ sense of humor! This one is killing me

    (hint: it's the typo)
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and he comes ...
    Heh, leave it to an ENTj ... :wink:

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I don't understand why, the thread wasn't even about him and he comes in her spouting nonsense and insulting my intelligence.
    He could say the same thing about your ENTj/ENTp comment which also was not asked for besides the fact that it is also nonsense.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I don't understand why, the thread wasn't even about him and he comes in her spouting nonsense and insulting my intelligence.
    He could say the same thing about your ENTj/ENTp comment which also was not asked for besides the fact that it is also nonsense.
    Not really, the ENTjs I know do act that way, as well as the ENTps.

    In any case, If that was intended as an insult I did a really poor job at it.

  23. #23
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion

    He could say the same thing about your ENTj/ENTp comment which also was not asked for.
    I've been wondering about that quote and others which claim that ENTJs are promiscuous. I find that to be a bit of a misunderstanding. ENTJs are passionate, certainly, but not people who tend to have sexual adventures. I've been approached by introverts feelers about as often as I've approached them. An ENTJ wants Fi - loyal, long-lasting love from his/her partner and acts accordingly. I find it likely that a typical ENTJ will have almost the same number of marriages as one night stands in life.

    Now what is true on the other hand that ENTJ is very open about what he/she wants and needs. If an ENTJ wants a person, he/she will pursue the matter _very_ directly (or not at all if he/she thinks there is little chance of success).
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem is that I never intended to imply that they all are promiscuos, I intended to imply that they are very open and are called out quicker than other types.

    I think I actually clarified that in a previous post, not sure if anyone read that.

  25. #25
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    The problem is that I never intended to imply that they all are permiscuos, I intended to imply that they are very open and are called out quicker than other types.

    I think I actually clarified that in a previous post, not sure if anyone read that.
    Sure. I wasn't reacting only to your post. There's been others on the forum. I was just making a general observation.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From what I have noticed ENTps are worse if anything.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    From what I have noticed ENTps are worse if anything.
    If you go back and read, did I not say that some ENTps actually become worse than ENTjs because of their weak Fi or Fe ?

    Sometimes I think people just jump to conclusions.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was @smilingeyes heh

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    That was @smilingeyes heh
    Ohhh, me bad ...

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    I've been approached by introverts feelers about as often as I've approached them. An ENTJ wants Fi - loyal, long-lasting love from his/her partner and acts accordingly. I find it likely that a typical ENTJ will have almost the same number of marriages as one night stands in life.

    Now what is true on the other hand that ENTJ is very open about what he/she wants and needs. If an ENTJ wants a person, he/she will pursue the matter _very_ directly (or not at all if he/she thinks there is little chance of success).
    Yes, exactly... Thanks for saying that! As an ENTJ, I'm very loyal and not promiscuous at all. I've been with the same girlfriend since years and still love her just as much. But I was very open with her and was direct in pursuing her...

    I think it's an important clarification. ENTJ's are very loyal, not really promiscuous... but they will be quite direct if they like someone.

    Now, I'm not even going to argue about Rmcnew's answers...
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Where'd you get that song, and other miscellaneous stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Sheila: Time's have changed
    Our kids are kids are getting worse
    They wont obey their parents
    They just want to fart and curse!
    Sharon: Should we blame the government?
    Liane: Or blame society?
    Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
    Sheila: No, blame Canada
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
    And flappin heads so full of lies
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: We need to form a full assault
    Everyone: It's Canadas fault!
    Sharon: Don't blame me
    For my son Stan
    He saw the darn cartoon
    And now he's off to join the Klan!
    Liane: And my boy Eric once
    Had my picture on his shelf
    But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
    Sheila: Well, blame Canada
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    It seems that everythings gone wrong
    Since Canada came along
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Blame Canada
    Some Guy: There not even a real country anyway
    Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer it's true
    Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue
    Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
    Should we blame the fire?
    Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
    Sheila: Heck no!
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their hockey hubbabaloo
    Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Shame on Canada
    The smut we must stop
    The trash we must smash
    Laughter and fun
    must all be undone
    We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus



    No, really, I love Canada. Next to 42 it's the answer to everything
    What song is that you typed? Or did you write it yourself? Also, nice reference to THGTTG (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) series.

    Thank you smiling for clearing that up with the ENTJ promiscuity problem. Note how rc won't bother with a solid argument against it. Also, it is true. We aren't little @5540735 who run around jumping on any lodb we see, but we are very open. Loyalty is also very important. I'd like to quote myself from the future should I ever encounter a promiscuous lodb who wanted to be my human friend: "Folks, don't need all the promiscuity in the place. Any lady of mine should be loyal to me, elsewise they aren't a lady of mine. Furthermore, any lady of mine who is unloyal shall be immediately barred from my presance, and the human with whom she was disloyal with shall be immediately shot on sight, for he would know that milady was milady". Basically said, that quote says that any lady I know would have to be loyal to me. She can't go lodbing about like a lodb, for that is dishonorable. Further, whoever she is disloyal (cheats on me with) with, shall be immediately shot, for any man stupid enough to do such a thing would deserve to be shot. This would count even if he didn't know, for even if she lied to him, he still should have the sense not to do the immoral thing like he did. Technically, milady would be lucky not to be shot either, for she was the one who committed the act. However, she is afforded that "privilage" for being milady, but after that, would not ever be in my presence again (I would immediately break up with her, and mail her belongings to her in a cardboard box which may or may not arrive undamaged, depends on my mood).

    Also, it is true that if we feel we don't have at least an (I'd say) 85% chance of her saying "yes", we won't pursue the matter, at all. This is why, when "interviewed" by my lady friends who aren't human friends, I always tell them to spread it around to their friends that I don't ask people out because of that. Of course, I say it is tradition for me to wait for a lady to ask, and then make up some story about how for 5 generations, all the men in my family found their wives when they asked him out, not the other way around. Nice story and makes her feel that I'd have a high chance of marrying her (which I might, depends on what kind of person she is). Actually, unlike what smiling said, I wouldn't have that many marriages as he stated. For me, based on my upbringing (the entire nature v nurture issue), marriage is reserved only for true love, and is witnessed by God Himself, thus to break a covenant such as this is blasphemy and you can't recover from that. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if someone say me with a human friend for 10 years before we married (lol, definately wouldn't be that long, but would be at least 2-5 years).

    Anyway, despite what you thought rc, you still should apologize for overreacting. Being all ameteur (some professional) psychologists and sociologists, we all feel the same about our life's work being rebuked and questioned, especially in such an obscene and ludicrous way. Perhaps if you hadn't based it entirely on minor observations and sited some websites and books, we wouldn't be so angry. Just play nice children and the dogs won't eat your faces. A line that is true outside of comedy.

    However, the point is, the majority of the topics listed in this thread alone are only related to socionics by a very limited idea. Relationships are tied to socionics, but not intertwined. If I wanted to be a complete 455 about it, I could do so. If I wanted to respect milady as she deserves, I could do that as well. Further, if I wanted to modb around like a lodb, I could, despite my complete hatred for all humans who do so. Sure, to do so would require snapping a myriad mental walls and completely re-writting my morality and self-discipline/control "sectors", possibly resulting in insanity if I have as strong morality as I think I have. However, it is possible. Further, a lodb can become a well-respected, self-reliant member of society at large and even rise throught he ranks to become a Senator or the President. Anything is possible, irregardless of type and subtype. Typing is just the generilization of a person's actions based on conclusions brought upon by simple observations of their actions in the general populuce. Basically an extrapolation based upon relatively limited data of a person's mental state. Despite the fact that I pretty much undermined the entire socionics idea and called it a fascistic concept, I think people will argue this to Canada and back. I'll have to remember that one for when I write my new signature... (very good point brought up)
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

    If I only had a brain...

    Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

    I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

    ENTJ

    Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Where'd you get that song, and other miscellaneous stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl60861
    Thank you smiling for clearing that up with the ENTJ promiscuity problem. Note how rc won't bother with a solid argument against it ... Anyway, despite what you thought rc, you still should apologize for overreacting.
    First of all, I didn't say anything diffrent than smiling eyes.

    Second, there is nothing to argue about as this whole thing between me and Eidos has been based on an "insistance" that I follow a learning path that does not relate to me.

    Third, I did not over-react; I replied to Eidos' snide remarks and assumptions that are neither true nor relate to me, and again relate to the insistance that I follow a learning path that does not relate to me.

    And yes, I will continue to make conclusions wth my ... I refuse to be anything that I am not, and I will not let people realitive to tell me how to do things and insult my intelligence if I don't.

    And I will not recant the origional post of this thread as it is in fact an "practical example" based on "EXTREMITY" ... something that apparently doesn't relate well with some or types ...

  33. #33
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    I find it likely that a typical ENTJ will have almost the same number of marriages as one night stands in life.
    Sorry, i did not catch the meaning! What does it mean?

  34. #34
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    I find it likely that a typical ENTJ will have almost the same number of marriages as one night stands in life.
    Sorry, i did not catch the meaning! What does it mean?
    No hidden meaning. It's just that ENTJ is a marrying type. I've even seen statistics on it.

    -Smilex

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default El nombre es?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    The song is from the South Park movie.
    The name of the song is? That is what I asked for (if I forgot to, that is what I meant to ask for).

    rc, because I just enjoy messing your name up (yes, I know it is rm), I don't think I'll dignify most of that with a response except:

    Yes, you did sort of overreact. He never did actually insult you directly. If you insinuated this from his demenor, that is your perceptual reality, and I won't bother with that. Ahh, perceptual reality, as defined by me on the Blog... "the reality that is formed in one's mind based on input from external stimulae. The result formed by the interpretation of information. A collective perceptual reality set that is agreed upon by a majority is called "reality". Reality is nothing more than our perceptions brought upon by our continual fluxuations in interpreting knowledge about our physical uiniverse, primarily the collective understanding". Basically, based on your interpretation of the incident, you found your actions to be necessary to remedy the situation. However, your perceptual reality is in contest with mine, and in order for me to sort of keep my sanity for a moment, I wrongly tried to force mine upon you. When someone's perceptual reality is directly challenged in even a small way, it is almost like finding out your mother/father, your favorite pet, and your son/daughter all died at once. Although an exaggeration of its actual implication, this example shows how we are all tied sanely around our own personal perceptual reality. Without it, we lose the mental shielding that keeps us from worrying about any little thing. If it is seriously challenged, your mind could possibly snap, resulting in a loss of sanity. However, your statements didn't actually challenge my perceptual reality in such a way, so if I'm insane, it may be because I literally haven't talked to anyone in 2 days (my family never was big on talking, and with summer being here, I don't really see my friends, as we all have conflicting work schedules this year). Yes, my life is that special.

    Do as you will with your original proposition, as any sort of research, so far as it can be backed with proof and can be verified, is valid. Perhaps the people in your area are as you say. However, speaking from my own Gamma Paradise of an area, we are definately not as you speak of. However, this may just be a regional difference, primarily based on the fact that we have around 10 religious centers per town (I know Mr. Cone is going to debate this, but look about, just in my town, we have 2, the Methodist Church and the Zion Church, all within walking distance of my house. In your town, there is obviously the church behind your house (where my family spends its family reunions, so if you want to drop by, bring 30 usd to pay for your meal, and be sure to bring your human friend, the beer flows a plenty), the church on Mine 42, the church down the road that is technically in Richland, and the church that is on Palestine (which is the Zion Church to which I referred to). There may possibly be others). Anyway, do as you will, for no man can control another justly, and even maneuvering you to think even the slightest bit counter to your own findings is a facist idea and invalid. However, play nice with the kiddies and apologize nicely if Eidos requests it. You can consider this to be a pseudo-apology on my part, since you have yet to play your part of the "deal for apologies".
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

    If I only had a brain...

    Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

    I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

    ENTJ

    Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

  36. #36
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: El nombre es?

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl60861

    The name of the song is? That is what I asked for (if I forgot to, that is what I meant to ask for).
    It's simply: Blame Canada
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  37. #37
    Creepy-henry

    Default psychology gladiators..shiet

    ahha you guys are funny. you guys cant compare unless you were double headed and quit trying to make explanations between the profiles of whatever it is you are. Start off by comparing your your own profile andd when you get to the point where you have enough inforation, yeah and then you guys can start another psychology gladiators or whatever your games are. INTPs have a tangled up maze-personality and and its nearly impossible to figure them out, unless, you are one and they are nice yeah but when you cross their lines theye(we) will shut your mouth up and backfire your words to you. they are very sensitive and argumentative and they are hard to make shut in the middle of an argument, unless, you shoot them..haha...well im heading out and my point is that you all should have known this in beginning not to try be double headded acting like you know the other profile. peace out.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: psychology gladiators..shiet

    Quote Originally Posted by henry
    ahha you guys are funny. you guys cant compare unless you were double headed and quit trying to make explanations between the profiles of whatever it is you are. Start off by comparing your your own profile andd when you get to the point where you have enough inforation, yeah and then you guys can start another psychology gladiators or whatever your games are. INTPs have a tangled up maze-personality and and its nearly impossible to figure them out, unless, you are one and they are nice yeah but when you cross their lines theye(we) will shut your mouth up and backfire your words to you. they are very sensitive and argumentative and they are hard to make shut in the middle of an argument, unless, you shoot them..haha...well im heading out and my point is that you all should have known this in beginning not to try be double headded acting like you know the other profile. peace out.
    stfu n00b, you know not of our ways.

    Aside from very poor grammar and spelling (are you uber-british, because even they don't spell "they" as theye), and the very angry way you speak, you may have a point, but it is lost in all the n00bishness.

    Pretty much, INTPs roxor, so there. They are very good to speak to, especially if you want an intelligent debate. Our "psychology gladiator"torial debates are very useful. They keep us mentally on our toes and also help us in professional debating. Since I've been here, I've not lost an arguement with people in the real world (well, I pwn as an orator, however I've improved even further).

    INTPs aren't that difficult to figure out, notice we really haven't had a topic on them. Logically, we've either figured them out, or we just gave up. I haven't checked the archives to see who won, but I'm assuming we figured them out.

    If you want to debate this further, we'll have at it. However, use proper grammar and spelling before you do. Depending on how great a threat of you, I may actually unleash my true oratorial skizzles (skill).

    Go back to your n00b hole, nublet.

    PS, the reason I'm speaking in gamespeak is because I just got off a marathon session of RF (Red Faction, my favorite FPS (First Person Shooter) game), and am preparing myself for another, as I lead my clan to victory.

    [rabble rousing]
    We, the Knights Templar, shalt hereby pwn the n00bs known as the Lost Souls clan. They cannot compare to our skill and divine province. May God be with us.
    [/rabble rousing]

    w00t!
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

    If I only had a brain...

    Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

    I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

    ENTJ

    Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

  39. #39
    playful sushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    ile
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Mirror type differences LIE-ENTj and ILI-INTp

    How the hell can I tell the difference ? I think I might be one of the two but I can't tell which. I've been bumping up against this SEI guy I'm 'friends' with.... Conflicting or Superego maybe

  40. #40
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Best way is to read the mirror relationship

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

    There are differing methods and approaches on Te and Ni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •