Thread: If you could be any type...

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you could be any type...

I think there was a thread several years ago like this that I actually contributed to, but I was bored and we have new members so I wanted to do it again.

I'll go first:

EIE E7

charming as fuck, often pretty good at chasing their ambitions (or has potential to be), has way more energy and initiative than me it seems like

often pretty smart and insightful

Si-PoLR, but I actually don't think Si is necessary to get through life; plus EIE's often have well-developed aesthetic senses

plus, they have the chillest/ coolest supervisors and benefactors ever who don't really give a shit what they do

but i guess secretly i just want to curl up with an ILE, smoke some weed, watch some movie with an EIE in it... I guess I do like Si after all.

What about you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They all have problems. They all have issues and they all have something about themselves that they have a hard time with. I would rather just stick with my own and learn a work around Te seeking and just be comfortable and live a comfortable life. I can always find things to love about people. We all love our seeking function. Secretly or not.

I feel comfortable and good. I have a lot to contribute as my own type and I'm looking forward to the future.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'd rather just be what I am.

SEI, for their social skills and ability to relax. I agree in principle with Maritsa, though, all the types have their strengths and weaknesses, and we all love our suggestive function. Speaking of which, I'm an IEE and I still don't really get what suggestive Ne is supposed to be...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default types are defined by people, not the other way around

Typism is stupid. Having said that, walking towards SEI sounds good for me. I recall a Gulenko article, an instruction manual of sorts, on how to supposedly accentuate functions. Definitely worth a shot. If/when I think of anything myself, I'll be sure to write it out.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everyone wants an SEI. Soft, sweet, delicate, loving. I want one too
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE (sx dom). They have all my strengths, but also higher energy levels and flexibility and the ability to actually function in the real world.

Delta ST (sx dom) would also be super cool. I'd sure be the laid back alternative type and not a work-obsessed businessperson a lot of people tend to see them as (I've never met one tho). But the idea of being so dependant on others in emotional/relationship matters sounds scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not so much socionics but I'd like to be more socially extroverted. I think it would make life more fun and help me to be more successful and effective.

I want to try being iei sx4 for a week or two cuz I imagine them experiencing daily life the same way I experience art or music and there always being a sort of ecstasy. Or like they are in on a secret I'd want to discover and then come back.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tahoma has always been my favorite type.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot female ( ! ) ESFp E7 for a week in her early 20s just to get laid like nine times a day.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE definitely. The rest of us are doing it all wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a type without a PoLR.
    oh, they don't exist right?

in such a case the type that seems to care the least about their PoLR and in general just "marches on" - SLE, Chelsea Handler style, just for a week, cause in general I'd rather stay myself blah blah... but being her for a week would be sooo much fun!

oh, and whatever type is Lara Croft's character - I'd like to be that type for another week, too

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Everyone wants an SEI. Soft, sweet, delicate, loving. I want one too
    I have one, and yes, SEis are really sweet. But they lack one important quality: they are not submissive at all. So to compensate, I fantasize about ILI women a lot...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd temporarily be my supervisor - SEI so as to master (edit: okay maybe not master, but just) get Si and then go back to being me, but I'd be superme!
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
    I'd temporarily be my supervisor - SEI so as to master (edit: okay maybe not master, but just) get Si and then go back to being me, but I'd be superme!
    Ha YES! Me, too.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I good with my type, but I think SLE could be pretty cool.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj maybe, but a non-neurotic one. kind of like staying exactly the same person except having my strengths and values inverted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to be some extroverted type, that can take care of themselves, have fun and a lot of friends - like ESE or SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Neuralia View Post
    I good with my type, but I think SLE could be pretty cool.
    seconded.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE - so full of joie de vivre ❤

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience of the world would be equally as colored from a new set of perspectives as it is already with my own tinted lenses on reality. Just so long as I get to not be an idiot I'm fine.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEE or SLE or any sensor, really.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    SEE or SLE or any sensor, really.
    Why sensor? Just curious, cuz I think it would be pretty cool to be an intuitive, just to see what that's like.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Why sensor? Just curious, cuz I think it would be pretty cool to be an intuitive, just to see what that's like.
    I believe it's more practical and convenient if you're a sensor. You fit in more with the crowds and you're on the same wave-lenght as most others during conversations. Besides, for once I would like to be aware of the things happening around me without extra effort on my part and not accidentally fall off a cliff or something ridiculous like that.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could be any type I would be my conflictor's supervisor.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I want to see the world through a sensor's eyes! I feel like I look at things as concepts rather than noticing their physical particularities. I also think of my own comfort in conceptual terms or in terms of consequence or something like that.

I drove around with a sensor the other week. There was a plastic bag in the road, which I did not see until it was almost too late to get around it safely. My thought process went something like *it is a plastic bag, I have seen these before, they are empty and I can safely run over it.* The sensor (who saw the bag much sooner than I did) thought *this bag is in one spot on the road rather than floating around. There is a ripple in the plastic, so something is holding it down. Something heavy is inside this bag, better not run over....too late.* The sensor was right and kudos to my sturdy car.

Another moment was when he pointed out a trash can on the road. I asked him *what trash can?* and he said *you poor thing...*

I literally do not see things that are there. I also think I do not sense many of the physical sensations sensors feel. So much of my daily experience is conceptual. I imagine that the world looks and feels more vivid and detailed for a sensor.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I want to see the world through a sensor's eyes! I feel like I look at things as concepts rather than noticing their physical particularities. I also think of my own comfort in conceptual terms or in terms of consequence or something like that.

I drove around with a sensor the other week. There was a plastic bag in the road, which I did not see until it was almost too late to get around it safely. My thought process went something like *it is a plastic bag, I have seen these before, they are empty and I can safely run over it.* The sensor (who saw the bag much sooner than I did) thought *this bag is in one spot on the road rather than floating around. There is a ripple in the plastic, so something is holding it down. Something heavy is inside this bag, better not run over....too late.* The sensor was right and kudos to my sturdy car.

Another moment was when he pointed out a trash can on the road. I asked him *what trash can?* and he said *you poor thing...*

I literally do not see things that are there. I also think I do not sense many of the physical sensations sensors feel. So much of my daily experience is conceptual. I imagine that the world looks and feels more vivid and detailed for a sensor.
    I think if you really focus on it, do zen meditation and calm your mind, you can perceive like a sensor ... for a time, at least.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highly intelligent EIE, because I'd have charisma, social perceptiveness, and smarts.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably LIE. The only NT which combines naturally with E8. Also the only (or almost) type which can be a solid E8 without showing sociopath tendencies, although this is not always the case.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    ISFj maybe, but a non-neurotic one. kind of like staying exactly the same person except having my strengths and values inverted.
    You secretly want to piss off ILEs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought that motive was quite overt

TIM
    Ne-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something so enticing about being an ILE. Socially smooth and admirable intellect and very cool demeanor.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    You secretly want to piss off ILEs.
    He hates the whole EP temperament

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, LII or SLE. I would explain why but I don't know enough about socionics to dodge the "NOT TYPE RELATED" accusations.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@darya @Kim aww

those were really nice descriptions of sensor super-powers!

that being said- I wanted to say that I run into things literally *all the time* (I just don't see them- including people) but.. it's true, I do really "feel the sunset" etc. thanks for the description btw it made me really appreciate my own sensing.

I think it would be cool to be an intuitive to actually have things to say- I've been very quiet my whole life and many assume I'm just shy but it's also true that I often don't feel any thoughts running through my head. I spend a *lot* of time in my head but much of it is thinking about people I know, imagining people I might meet, and then also imagining physical sensations I may have felt before or want to feel in the future. i remember sitting in class in college a lot not having anything to contribute to discussions b/c i literally had nothing to say. teachers would sometimes go out of their way to call on me b/c i appeared shy, but in reality, I was sometimes thinking about what food I wanted to eat later, etc...

Intuitives I know are a ton of fun to have around, they talk about everything in the world... both types of intuitives. Like whether cats could be our predators and us their prey (Ne) or how our identity cannot be separate from other's perceptions of us, it's all like a giant... cone of percep-identity or something (Ni) and I appreciate them a lot. <3 I do like sensing too, though, it's nice to get to sink into and be there.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI E5 sp/so

ESI-Se E 8w9 sx first

LIE E8 or E3 sp/so

SLE (just for a few days out of curiosity)

SEE (provided that I don't look like Paris Hilton)
    Last edited by Amber; 01-31-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    He hates the whole EP temperament
    Not surprising, although I remember him clashing with ILEs more openly/frequently. In certain way makes sense, a corrupted version of oneself could be perceived as less acceptable than the corruption which is inherent to other people who are simply "different". As long as they do not interfere, in which case true conflict arises.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    SEI, LII or SLE. I would explain why but I don't know enough about socionics to dodge the "NOT TYPE RELATED" accusations.
    ILE or EIE as your actual self-type, maybe?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast