quite the interesting conversation:

IEE #1:

This is why I dislike cops and I don't trust them. Ever. Never will.
IEE #2:
the guy was acting like a drunken idiot, I would've punched him too
IEE #1:
He's asking the cop "What did he do?", the Cop then shoves him and the guy gets angry and says "Fuck you". The cop then proceeds to chase him down and use an extreme amount of force to push him down onto the hood of a car. Then as the guy who was attacked by the cop for no reason other than getting mad the cop who physically assaulted him attempts to defend himself against the cop he is then pushed off the hood of the car onto the ground where the cop appears to punch him in the face, all while the other cops just sit there and watch him do it. I really hope one day neither of you have a terrible misunderstanding with a cop. However, when you do I fully expect you to claim it was your fault and not the cops.
IEE #2:
as long as you treat police officers with respect and courtesy, I don't think you'll have to worry about any misunderstandings
IEE #1:
treating an "officer" with respect is one thing, dealing with cops is another. You can't differentiate between them, they wear the same uniform they just use their own rules and make their own laws.
IEE #2:
a person is a person
IEE #1:
So is it never ok under any circumstances for a citizen to 1.) Use their freedom of speech around a cop 2.) defend themselves from an officer assaulting them? It appears that your stance is a solid no. And to be frank, the only time I would ever condone an officer punching someone is if he was in a fight for his life or defending someone else... The guy asking what was happening posed 0 threat to anyone... If he was a threat earlier, he would have been in handcuffs or worse.
IEE #2:
when did I say it wasn't okay for someone to use their freedom of speech in the presence of an officer? what the hell do you mean "defend themselves from an officer assaulting them"?
IEE #1:
it's fairly clear they're arresting people at the drop of a hat. Extrapolate from that. Obviously the guy did nothing prior or he would have been in handcuffs or worse. We saw the worse as it happened. It's obvious based on the information we have. The cop was assaulting him, punching him, shoving him around, etc.
IEE #2:
obviously he did something, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the shit kicked out of him. maybe they intended to arrest him, too, but had to deal with his friend first, and while that was going on he kept touching them and taunting them? who the hell knows, and who the hell cares? none of us were there, and all we can see in this video is something taken out of its context.
IEE #1:
All I can see is another person who believes that the government is never wrong, the police are infallible and that it's perfectly OK to bully citizens around and that we as citizens are inferior to police whose job is supposed to be serve and protect but is instead to feed a broken system that needs to feed on itself and on those who don't deserve to be fed upon for no other purpose than to keep itself going and growing. We've lost our way and what's worse is we have our own citizens defending this disgusting misuse and abuse of power on a daily basis.
IEE #2:
all I can see is a bunch of empty, thoughtless rhetoric. you act like the government is some entity that is separate from humans, when in reality it is composed of people just like you and me. this means A. that the "government's" interests are really our own interests, and B. that its agents are just as prone to mistakes as we are. my intention wasn't to rule out the possibility of unauthorized force, but simply remind you that we don't know all the facts.
IEE #1:
Their interests are not our own. They aren't bound by the same laws as us. They make more than most of us, they're bribed by the richest people and companies in the US to make laws or bend laws in their favor. They're not us. I find it sad that you think they are. As for making mistakes, if you or I made the same mistake that cop did we'd be in jail. Because he's a cop he won't be. It's saying that cops literally get a "get out of jail free" card. Talk about class warfare... As for stereotyping, I thought that was illegal AND politically incorrect? I thought you can't do that? Oh, unless you're the government or work for the government. Then laws don't apply to you.
IEE #2:
yes, they are bound by the same laws. as for "making mistakes", we can't even say he made a mistake because we don't know the whole story. and I think it's called "profiling", not stereotyping.
IEE #1:
Stereotype: a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

Profiling: the recording and analysis of a person's psychological and behavioral characteristics, so as to assess or predict their capabilities in a certain sphere or to assist in identifying a particular subgroup of people.

They're pretty much the same thing... Both are illegal, unless you're a cop. Then they're not.

And no, congressmen drive drunk, they get arrested and the cop is fired, sent on leave or put in a very crappy position for the rest of his days... A cop punches someone for any reason and the prosecutor doesn't prosecute, you or I accidentally bump into a cop and we get arrested and are charged with assault, resisting arrest and attempted murder and go to prison for 15 years to life with no proof except the cop said so. When a supreme court justice is found at the scene of an accident he caused because he was driving drunk he says he may or may not show up to court for it because "he is the law". They are bound by nothing when no one else holds them accountable.
IEE #2:
stereotyping is illegal? so if I say "all Mexicans like tacos", I'm gonna get arrested? also, "[Alice Robie Resnick] was convicted of DUI, a first degree misdemeanor, required to take a three-day alcohol education program, and her license was suspended for six months".
LII:
It was excessive force, they're right or the guy would have been in cuffs before they began video taping.
IEE #2:
we don't know the whole story
LII:
you have a closed mind.
IEE #2:
it's actually the opposite, but whatever
LII:
It's never too late to change.
IEE #2:
you mean to start jumping to conclusions without knowing all of the facts? I think I'll pass.
LII:
Fact: If the man had done something to deserve being in hand cuffs he would have been, there were like 10 cops standing around. Fact: He wasn't in hand-cuffs. The cop lost his patience and slammed him into the car. The officer was not in imminent danger therefore he wasn't defending himself. He could have simply put the man in hand-cuffs as he should have which he may have felt threatened by the loud shouting but it was excessive when he chose to slam him into the car and punch him in the face instead of simply placing handcuffs around his wrists. Facts mean nothing if you aren't willing to accept them when they're right in front of you.
IEE #2 (quoting a YouTube poster):
You can already tell that the cops are pissed at the "fuck you" guy, if you listen really really closely at the beginning, after he asks, "What the fuck did he do?" You can make out one of the officers telling him to step back, his response to that is, "No". Failure to obey a peace officer, it's already clearly shown that the police are handling a situation (no idea what, and I don't care) and dingleberry is interfering with it. A secondary reason for having him back, not just to get his annoying questions (which can be handled at a better time and place, and done without shouting) over with, could be because the guy getting arrested had something on him (i.e. drugs, whatever) and this guy was trying to get them off him before he was searched. Next, after he has been shoved, he continues to verbally berate the cop, this, is disorderly conduct, something he can and will be arrested for. At that point, the police have the right to detain him. When the cop first grabs him, the guy is still agitated and screaming, the look on his face could be described as intent to do harm. He takes a ride onto the hood of the car, but just before, you see him brace against the officer, also known as resistance. (Not resisting arrest, the arrest hadn't been announced yet) Use of force protocols clearly allow the officer to do what he did. As the guy got flopped onto the ground, he tries to grab the cops wrist that's holding him down, while this won't be assault on an officer, it's still resisting, Use and Escalation of Force allow him to do this. He didn't use any weapons against the guy, although the officer is entitled to. So, this guy should just take a step back, and shut the hell up next time. Yelling and screaming in a cops face will get you an answer, but it won't be one you like.
LII:
You should read your post, "you mean to start jumping to conclusions without knowing all of the facts? I think I'll pass." and then read the post you just put up. If you still don't get it, there is nothing anyone can tell you. Goodnight.
IEE #2:
lol, I get your point. This wasn't my conclusion, it was simply a differing account of the facts.