Thread: Identify My Type Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Identify My Type Please

Although I am not new to Socionics, I am a new member, and I would like some help determining my type. I'll give as much information about my habits, thoughts, and behavior as possible; hopefully you'll find all this useful. I have a type in mind that I think most matches my personality, but I'm not sure, so maybe I'll post what I think that is after after some feedback from others.

I am a very thoughtful person in the sense of deep reflection. I like to reflect on what I plan to do during the day, mentally preparing myself for what I will do next and in what order I'll do it. I try to daydream a lot, but it usually doesn't come naturally. Most of my time I analyze other people, their looks, how they behave, without talking about it. This is a fun exercise I like to do whenever I go places. I look for patterns and mannerism in certain people, and try to identify "styles" around me. However, going back to my planning, I frequently get sidetracked and then I just do whatever I feel like the most at that time. Generally I procrastinate. Ironically, the smaller or more insignificant the thing I have to do, the more I don't want to do it. I have bad time management skills, I get "lost" in most assignments for school or creative projects like drawing...in my art class I work constantly and filter out most distractions and even work past the time we prepare to leave. I strive for mastery in my work rather than efficiency. It may take me hours to do something but I will not grow bored of any activity that requires constant attention and a steady work pace without time restrictions. I love the arts and music, as well as anything (any medium) that gives me new impressions. I love anything symbolic and will look for symbolism in everyday objects or images. I love to learn about new cultures and new perspectives in regards to social philosophy. When I am doing something by myself, (most of my free-time activities) I like to be absolutely shut off from others because any disturbance ruins my mood. This does cause conflict, usually with my brother, but I really value my alone time. I react very aggressively when I'm bothered while trying to concentrate on something like a project or when deep in thought, which is most of the time LOL. When I'm doing work that isn't fun for me, I feel like I need to do something else at the same time to get through it. Like when I'm studying for a test, I'll eat food for the whole duration of that time (probably not the healthiest thing to do) or listen to music, which keeps me entertained while dealing with less interesting stuff. I usually appear cold and unapproachable to most people when I'm walking by them because I'm nearly always absorbed in my thoughts, but if someone makes in attempt to talk to me, I will always respond in a cheery way, even if its just to say hi. I really like to be part of a non-serious, happy type of interaction with others. I always try to keep things light-hearted, I'll even say something kind of depressing or odd about myself but will always do it in a joking way, smiling all the time. Smiling is uncontrollable for me; I do it ALL THE TIME when I'm talking with other people. I love most of all to make jokes: I use jokes to carry conversation. My mind is VERY good at noticing underlying patterns or potential double-meanings in people's words or actions, and I point that out for comedic affect. I also have an odd way of speaking which can go from unemotional to very warm and friendly...its hard to explain but my tone of voice can endear most people. (I give all my emotion and attention usually to a single person; this changes with whoever I'm talking to at the time; I like to get very positive reactions out of people. I am worried though that I am too intimate with everyone I talk to because I give them my full emotional range, attention, and care at the time) I really dislike tension in a group. I am a very goofy person on the inside and outside, especially around others, but if the tone becomes serious, like when talking about a sad event, I will comply with their mood out of consideration. So long as the conversation is positive however, I will keep pushing the happy atmosphere with more and more jokes, eventually I may start acting (like a character from a play or a stereotype; doing accents as well) but only if I feel close to the people I'm talking with. Usually I push the jokes too far and get in trouble for it. I really don't like it when someone keeps me or others from having fun or goofing around...I don't like talking about serious, business issues. I would like to take up other activities like gardening or music; I like to create emotional or harmonious things that give off a certain vibe or feeling special to me, and I think this would be the best way to express myself. I am drawn to unusual aesthetic styles: tattoos, died hair, jewelry, etc. and I find this very attractive. Personally I like comfort over looks though. I wouldn't mind developing a "unique" or "outlandish" style eventually. In debate with others, I am not so good at defending my own arguments; its weird in that I argue for the justification of both my viewpoint and an opposing one when an idea strikes me that helps me prove one of the arguments, and I switch from adamantly defending one to doing the same for the other, and sometimes changing my opinion mid-way through the argument. I am able to notice the smallest changes in points made by my opponent in these cases and use this slip of language or diction to attack an argument.

Hope this is enough of a description so far...sorry if its too long, but I wanted to make sure that everything I thought was important was mentioned. I'd really like feedback on my personality. What type do you think I am? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks! If you want to know more information to help with typing or just to know me better please ask and I will try to respond!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ADD is not type related
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you help me locate the questionnaires I see people responding to in helping to explain their personality to others on typing threads? I think this might help me explain my thoughts better...and yeah, I might actually have ADD, although I'm pretty sure that the changeability of someone's mood (wanting to change what you're doing or thinking at a certain time) is related at least somewhat to how distracted you can get, right?

Would a VI analysis be possible with my avatar as well? (actually me) I look a little goofy, mainly because I smile in a weird way
    Last edited by STARWRS789; 04-19-2014 at 06:03 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STARWRS789 View Post
    Could you help me locate the questionnaires I see people responding to in helping to explain their personality to others on typing threads? I think this might help me explain my thoughts better...and yeah, I might actually have ADD, although I'm pretty sure that the changeability of someone's mood (wanting to change what you're doing or thinking at a certain time) is related at least somewhat to how distracted you can get, right?

Would a VI analysis be possible with my avatar as well? (actually me) I look a little goofy, mainly because I smile in a weird way
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=10

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Feeler type. A feeler type
    @Chris Clearly ^ look I made a "declarative" statement. 2 of them!!!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html