Thread: Mirage relations between SLI and SEE (ISTp and ESFp)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Mirage relations between SLI and SEE (ISTp and ESFp)

This is a collaborative project with Eliza Thomason and myself. Most of the observations made and reported here are from a few of my clients and friends who are in this relationship dynamic. And, Eliza too has experience with this relations. This is a much needed contribution in this community as I find very little material on this relation.

Relations between SLI and SEE start like most other relations. Common interest and physical attraction, the two conventional approaches take a role in this early relations. Perhaps what drew them both in the relations is their practical nature. I often hear SEE say “I buy nonstick pans because they are cheaper” and so do SLI.

Eliza: I noticed my SLI brother and his SEE girlfriends/wife - serial, not affairs! - are alike in this, too, at first anyway. Both are thrifty. But SEE always splurges on something, and SLI does very little of that. SLIs seem to be ALWAYS practical. SEE will buy something she just has to have, like an expensive leather jacket for herself, while being thrifty in many other ways. My SLI brother's SEE wife, on my last visit, when they were already divorced(she is the mother of my nephew) showed me her house, her garden full of tacky applances and broken toys as her funky kind of unique garden decorating she took pride in, and in her room, she showed me her pride and joy: a "whore's chair", she was so proud of and I felt inwardly sickened, and backed away from the gross thing. It was rather Victorian in style, and had all kinds of pull-out things on it {foot rests armrest etc., and I don't want to know what for). Ugh. Disgusting. I wondered how many marriages were ruined by what went on around that chair, and how many diseases... ick.

Anyway,my SLI brother would not splurge on a thing like that. He has a Mercedes Benz motorcycle, which he fixes himself and drives to work... same job he has worked in for years.

And that is another SLI quality I know-working the same job for years and years. SEE, often,more known for not working, or hoping from shallow job to shallow job... Though my brother's current girlfriend works in the office at the Mercedes Benz dealer he works at (my brother is service manager) and he knew her forquite awhile there before he started to date her after being alone for awhile afer divorce.

As the relationship develops, SEE becomes increasingly concerned that the SLI pays less and less attention to their physical surroundings. The SLI becomes less interested with cleaning up their surroundings, fixing things, and begins complaining and whinning in search of sympathy and affection because in the SLI and IEE relations, small work is handed to IEE or not even taken care of as they focus on latent potential.

SLI's response to being continually proded and made aware of their personal and surrounding and physical state by SEE is something the SLI struggles and tends to fall back into his Si, and that function takes further the relations.

The SLI begins to want his state of homeostasis, and achieve it by rest and relaxation, doing work only in those periods when they are not reflectively listening to the music (which brings them to that state of relaxation and reflection), hence, they maybe at periods of inactivity. The SEE, being an extravert, is a busy bee, finding projects, making projects and hence her proding begins to put SLI in perodic states of fury because he finds some task superfluous.

Also, SEE, being very sensitive (as a perceptual type who hears things loudly finds it difficult to let things go because their senses are so aware) she often experiences distress, and cries over his picky and repetitive proding about her repeated errors.

Interesting. When I find my SLI's homestassis too much for me,I just tell him what I would like him to do and he does it! LOL. I always ask nicely and directly, "Honey, could you please...[some specific suggestion]" and he just does it.*This directness is something that SEE lacks as they often express just blatant emotions like crying, which the SLI will often get very bothered by. Also, sometimes he does not feel it necessary to clean the kitchen after dinner,as he says he will take care of in the morning after I leave for work.But I like to go to bed and wake up with a clean kitchen. So our compromise (easily made, no discussion; we just do it) is for us to work together to pile the pre-soaked dishes together and put food away something he doesn't mind letting go but is a NEVER for me) clean counter-tops sink everything so there is just a tidy pile to take care of in the morning. Working together is fast and often we just finish the job and load the dishwasher... Also he thinks that cleaning the kitchen but not the counters is enough, so I end up cleaning the counters while he takes out garbage. he always does the garbage. And the cat litter. So I don' t mind polishing the kettle and the sink!

Working together with an SLI is key to getting him to do things because they appreciate companionship in the process of the work and while they work they often like to talk about things.

Being very sensitive (perceptually) of their external environment, SEE observes others actions and when certain actions strike her ethics she begins to vocalize them and becomes emotional, reacting to it in a generalized sense. Sometimes the non consistent behavior of SEE with regards to their personal surroundings cause them to be both very clean and very messy. With cleanliness, they may pick a project and do it well, however often they create clutter and don't deal with it in an organized fashion. They may not clean up claiming to not being able to stand it or claiming to be “allergic” to it. Trying to get out of tasks they may claim to not doing it because they didn't make as much mess. They often just want to pursue whatever sensation they want at the moment as their senses dictate.

She doesn't like being forced to do things and often ignores the rules and does what she wants although she does not like to be accused of not following the rules, and never likes it when she's recognized for having broken the rules, thus she becomes sensitive and emotional. SEE will become moody and howl with offense when she is called out on something by the SLI, and denies it Reasoning with them is impossible because SEE recognized control and power in situations. Eventually, if the marriage persists, the SLI will give over a lot of power and control of things to the SLI becoming less vocal and objectionable. Not believing in hard and fast rules, she defieys her husbands requests to not take her child out in the cold. She returns home to an SLI who gets upset saying “I told you not to take her out, you never listen, you always do want to do what you want.” She responds to this by saying “I didn't see what the big deal was to take her out for a few minutes.”*

When it comes to space and territory, the SEE*is*unmatched in it's mark. She will want to*weild*it however she can. Her husband, if it's the most desired object in the room, is one who she'll keep a very sharp eye on and follow around when in the company of many women as to let him and other know of this territory or keen interest. If an SEE seeks to defend someone, she will jump in growling like a mother bear.

SLI often has latent reactions and exaggeration of effects to things that they have experience because they get in their heads when the actual event is happening and not observing the event as the SEE's dual ILI would. When the information processes the SLI realizes that they have to express their disapointment. He begins to bewilder and catch SEE off-guard when he finally recalls the events to her he voices his disatisfaction about her actions in such a way that upsets her because she feels that he's picking a fight with her or accusing her. This further upsets her sensitive perception.

An example SLI's latent reactions and exaggeration is, on a drive to some place the SEE may speed on graveled road. The SLI will not say anything at that moment, and later on in the drive, the SLI will suddenly react to her driving and say something to this regard, “You should have taken the other road;*you always drive so fast, you're ruined the tread of the tires *you always do this” -[generally one would consider this to be a bitchy mood]*to which the SEE will react by “When have I done that?!*I don't even drive here often.!” He'll remain quiet and unreactive,*but may keep pushing other things she did when she's done in the past that he holds on to. By reading him well, she would have checked with him (as in plan with him to take the less bumpy road before they ever even got on the gravel road). The arguments*often*end*with her*crying.*This would play out differently with an*IEE and EII, whose*typical response to the SLI's accusatory and latent reactions are to either joke it off or offer sympathy and support for his aggrivated state, sometimes throught the use of**these two types will look over the details of the exaggeration and will ask “honey, what's bothering you” perhaps*it was something unrelated like the thought of their loved one being sick, was it misdirected anger. Elisa says “Yes, this is exactly what I do. And I do start thinking things, and saying them, like, 'Have I not been consulting your opinion enough? Would you rather I do that? Are you tired?" and one of my favorites "Did you take your vitamins today?' LOL. SLI can expect those kinds of questions from me if he loses his temper. I am genuinely interested in what has thrown him off. And he doesn't mind, and starts thinking himself why he was annoyed. At any rate, he knows I care what he thinks.”

SLI can be demanding time-nazis. He'll rush her,*“Hurry up we have to get there by 1pm.” This would be otherwise okay*if the SEE wasn't so wrapped up in the external world. Her focus is still on her hair, her dress, the child, those things are taking up time and she has to do them and not just drop things and go. She regains her happy go jolly mood rather quickly. Instead of distracted focus where SEE wants to be in control of what she does and her time, ILI will often let them have things that way, IEE, SLI's dual will also be hurried but unlike SEE, IEE are not distracted by specific tasks such as tring to find the perfect scarf that will match the dress rather than scattered attention, sometimes IEE's efforts are with taking care of their partner like grabbing fresh water for the road for both of them. This is an angle of because it's the latent potention “we may get thirsty”. In any case, unlike SEE's reaction to the event, IEE finds that SLI's fussing is never too much. That is the key that it's not too much therefore it's not going to be bothersome and stike any sensitive emotions.

SEE may burst out in anger about getting nagged, usually something she ought to be nagged for, too, and though she denies it I think she knows it, but she can super-quick get over it and be in a good mood. SEE tend to be more moody than IEE in general.

Setting unrealistic goals (according to the SEE perspective) is one area of contention between the two. These rules are seen as “dumb” by the SEE. An example is when a SEE daughter is caught *slurping*tea out of her spoon from the cup. That disrupts the internal peace of the SLI and he tells here “you can't drink tea with a spoon, you're making a mess”, and*the SEE daughter says “why”*-*already she would like details and to understand how things work.*But he*is an energy conserver and doesn't*go into explaination of these rules. He says “because I said so” rather than offer an adequate explanation.*This infuriates the SEE mom,*who of course understand where her daughter is coming from.*

Often times these interactions have evolved:*where the SEE mom once tolerated the rules, supporting*her husband*even though she didn't agree, she*still told her daughter,*“You have to listen to*Dad”*and**later her patience wears on her and the*SEE mom isn't so pleasant any more. She begins to challenge the SLI saying,*“Why don't you explain to her why you want that done; don't just tell her she can't do it.” He reacts with “I don't have to, I'm the 'boss of the sauce';*she has to listen to what I say.”* This approach comes off as shallow and unacceptable to SEE and she gets*angry and distressed at her husband.*SEE says, "If I thought she was making a mess and it would have been a bother to clean it up I would have just put a towel under her tea cup!"*So you can see that their support of their children and parenting methods are very different from one another,*and also how they communicate that to each other is different, and probably incomplete.*The SEE lets her daughter roam and explore the SLI tries to confine the daughters actions. The SLI says to the little girl “you can't go play unless you finish all your burger” the SEE sees this as an unrealistic*expectation*because she doesn't like seeing the daughter forced to do something she can't.*

The more distressing the relations get the more external sources the SEE will look for to try to find information, explainations of how to deal with real world conflicts she faces. She asks for therapy but he consideres them “stupid and pointless” so he has some objection of these methods that she thinks may help.

More and more repeated situations like this cause the SLI to “hand over a lot of power” to the SEE and remain ever so quiet as to keep her from her reactions because even he begins to sense her*extreme sensitivity and being Si he doesn't want to see her become frazzled.*

Emotional manipulations, being extraverts, are not far off for SEE who loudly complain or cry to have her way. The SEE wife, in her more aggressive ways and her*confusingfeeling-motive had frustrated SLI to a point where he just got*stubborn*on those things and said “I'm the boss” because he found no other way to simply state his authority and he did not want to engage in conversations he would lose...

Their biggest conflict surrounds poor communication and differing parenting styles.

Nevertheless SLI adores her and strives to keep their relations in tact.*He tries to take care of her and his family the best he can, for now and for the future. He will carefully consider finances of the future, making investments and saving money by doing with as little as he can without disturbing their hobbies if their finances prohibit, striving to live on little resources now for a securer future later, he has the wife invest in a 401K, the bulk of her paycheck, and he purchases a house which he feels will appreciate in value and has it rented out now for a big return in the future. He builds security.

The SEE is a loving mother, intelligent, fun, sensitive, and caring. She appreciates that her husband is loyal and faithful. This inspires her to that as well. She's willing to listen and fix their problems, to talk about things and reach a consensus.

As an Illusionary relations to Duality they can find things in common and find each other fascinating. However they have trouble in understanding each other's reasons and motives. For instance when SEE wants to seek therapy, the SLI finds in redundant and the SLI finds it redundant when the SEE is inspired to purchase something of aesthetically pleasing accusing her of spending money they don't have. They expect different kinds of activity from each other.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-18-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds more like the description of the LSI rather than SLI to me. Time-Nazi in particular and restrictive father are both traits which I would associate with LSI over SLI.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, everything that you mention about this relationship is eerily familiar. From the reactive, rigid SLI parenting style to the emotional outbursts of the SEE, it's an insidious relationship indeed!

While I've never seen SEE/ILI duality *to that extent*, other than Albert and Elsa Einstein, I'm pretty sure SEE would manage the finances and household duties like: cleaning, cooking, running errands, orchestrating outings, etc. while ILI would act as a fatherly figure who provides financial and emotional structure within family. An ILI might also give insight and knowledge to his family that an SEE would appreciate, but more than anything, an SEE wants the ILI to be loving.

Einstein_Albert_Elsa_LOC_32096u.jpg

Why does SEE/ILI duality matter? Well, an SLI can do the same thing as an ILI if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    That sounds more like the description of the LSI rather than SLI to me. Time-Nazi in particular and restrictive father are both traits which I would associate with LSI over SLI.
    Sometimes SLI's can become preoccupied with time if they're in a state of frenzy after conserving energy for a particular purpose.
    Last edited by IBTL; 04-17-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post

Sometimes SLI's can become preoccupied with time if they're in a state of frenzy after conserving energy for a particular purpose.
    It was not expressed as a sometimes or particular. It appeared to suggest it was common, certainly common enough in this pairing to mention it in a synopsis of the relationship. Usually you would find this to be archetypal ...not a 'sometimes in this circumstance'. Idk, you'd have to ask SEE and SLI but I would not think the relationship to be like this at all. I imagine the SLI would just tire of SEE's unpredictable energy and SEE would find SLI limiting in some ways but not really as described in the OP. But I am aware I'm not always right. I'd have to give a thunk about the archetypal style of this pairing before giving my own theory/opinion.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting comment, and I agree. My SLI did not think the restrictive father sounded like him.

That said, @Maritsa, oops: I think you have an early rough draft here, not the finished draft. It includes a bit of a mish mash of comments we wrote to each other concerning your original, and it has some sentence structure problems, use of quote problems, and other things that were corrected in latter drafts....

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... I imagine the SLI would just tire of SEE's unpredictable energy
    I've seen this.

and SEE would find SLI limiting in some ways...
    My SLI brothers SEE ex complained just after the break that he was a "stick in the mud".

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always appreciate real life examples as they easier for me to consider, thanks. I don't have much experience with the SEE/SLI relationship so this was interesting to read. My only contribution to this thread would be to agree that SLI's are not rigid and controlling, which does not really mesh with IP temperament. Along those lines, the three SEEs that I have experience with tend to use their charisma to get other people to do things that they can't or don't want to do. If that fails, they might get a little more direct and firm, but they are too chill to be emotional. If that fails, they change their mind about what they want! Which seems appropriate for the dual of an ILI.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Interesting comment, and I agree. My SLI did not think the restrictive father sounded like him.

That said, @Maritsa, oops: I think you have an early rough draft here, not the finished draft. It includes a bit of a mish mash of comments we wrote to each other concerning your original, and it has some sentence structure problems, use of quote problems, and other things that were corrected in latter drafts....
    I also didn't think your description of "SLI brother" was consistent with SLI at all. SLIs (any delta STs actually, any Te-ego for that matter) love to teach and explain stuff. I would get really offended if someone answered me with "because I said so" because they didn't feel like explaining, and I dont think IEEs and SEEs differ that way (both have Te-HA).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

I've only witnessed the SEE/SLI relationship briefly, and it seems like the SLI will say things like "Stop talking" or "Move here" " Go there" etc. without further explanation, which tends to lower the SEE's self confidence. And even though it may superficially seem like the SEE is in charge, due to their extroversion and intense energy, the inner dynamics appear to be the reverse- the SLI sets the emotional tone and later, determines the level of physical convergence. It's almost like the SLI goes along with the SEE to whatever extent they feel comfortable with, and then hits the breaks and says "No more". I imagine the ILI is a lot less concerned about comfort and more about long term tangible benefits, which would enable them to be more flexible and adapt to the SEE's desire for activity. Basically the ILI focuses on how the present will impact them (both) in the future and what can go wrong, which is the same area SEE is looking for guidance in ( suggestive), so they join as a team to make a change in the present FOR the future. The SLI on the other hand isn't as focused on the future, and doesn't value clear planning and a "Safety net" of timely actions () nearly as much as their present comfort and their own freedom to adapt to changing circumstances ( suggestive). In essence, the SLI in an SLI/SEE dynamic is probably more stubborn, and gives less to the relationship in terms of time, energy and mental and emotional attention, while the SEE puts more of their heart and soul into it, but I'm guessing the SEE is quicker to move on after repeated attempts of trying to get the SLI to change, while the SLI will slowly (and bitterly) come to the realization that something significant has been lost, and perhaps cautiously attempt to regain it (to whatever extent their pride will allow). The SEE, if approached, will probably give the SLI the benefit of the doubt and "allow" him back into their sphere of activity, but likely the SLI will again take advantage of their trust and revert back into a stubborn stance.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Many people can find it hard to believe that SLI can be somewhat controlling, bossy, moody. IEE really suit them well because they are firm and not so much emotional as SEE can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many people can find it hard to believe that SLI can be somewhat controlling, bossy, moody. IEE really suit them well because they are firm and not so much emotional as SEE can be.

It's true, they seem so easy going and "spineless" at first. you wouldn't expect their latent stubbornness and petty dictator -ish qualities. i think IEEs and SLIs understand each other in the way two convicts understand each other, lol. SEEs and ILIs are pretty vanilla by contrast.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs are emotional. They just aren't aggressors, so their emotion manifests itself differently. IEEs want strength while SEEs want indirect submission, and from what I've found over time, submission of any kind is valued over a lack thereof for an SEE. Whenever SEEs battle, the easiest way to regain territory is to challenge them unconventionally, and who better to do this than an ILI? An ILI feeds into an SEE's thirst for unique forms of knowledge while still being able to maintain the upper hand as pseudo-aggressor and unsung hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    It's true, they seem so easy going and "spineless" at first. you wouldn't expect their latent stubbornness and petty dictator -ish qualities.
    I agree. They seem so carefree and easy going. But an SLI's approach to love is "serious" according to erotic attitudes, and that should be understood before getting into a relationship with an SLI. I don't find that to be a negative quality, however, an inherently playful SEE will tire of it over time and react dramatically.

While I'm serious here for the most part, whenever I'm out in the real world, I like to tease and bait SLIs to catch them off guard in a playful way. They usually come back, as if it's a challenge, with something better, though, so it's win-win these days. I think SEEs automatically assume submission from most people, so whenever SLIs don't submit like expected, it drives SEEs harder in their pursuit for domination.

SEE/SLI relationships are quite common. Another SEE/SLI couple that I know would fight and fight and fight. It was always one thing after another. I have to say though, the SLI 'won' whenever he got someone else pregnant while they were separated. We were all in shock because they had reconciled and gotten back together without divorcing! So in retaliation, the SEE gets pregnant and then rightfully named their child the SLI's junior. Now if that had happened to me, I would have ended it right then and there and without a second thought. "Done!"... but not the SEE!
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    SEEs and ILIs are pretty vanilla by contrast.
    SEEs and ILIs should not be taken lightly. That's a mistake! They are not vanilla. They are simply a different dessert.
    Last edited by IBTL; 04-18-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: A special thanks goes out to Capitalist Pig for coining ILIs as unsung heroes!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

t16t.info where a thread can be about SLI and SEEs with no participants from either type. yolo.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, @lifer, there was so much true about that post! Very insightful.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    t16t.info where a thread can be about SLI and SEEs with no participants from either type. yolo.
    Good call!

Unfortunately, they're probably too busy fighting each other to provide necessary input. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Wow, @lifer, there was so much true about that post! Very insightful.
    I wish there were actual statistics available, but I could imagine SEE/SLI being 10% of all romantic relationships. It's ubiquitous.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two SLI's. There are different types. My son's father is an SLI and he is restrictive with time, but only sometimes or if he is tired of waiting or wishes to hurry me because he thinks what I am doing is a waste of time. He is "controlling" if you see the description above as such. I don't see it that way, I don't really think he is controlling, and I see him as what the above descriptions says. BUT I have to say that he does allot of cleaning.
    There are many types of SLI's. I think I am IEE and this description of the relationship between SLI and SEE seemed like a mixture between IEE's relationship and SEE's relationship with SLI.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two SEEs. One Se and one Fi.

The Se was my manager for a good while. He was Bisexual. I found our communication wasn't great, not in terms of getting on with each other, but just talking. There was a nervousness in the air, like we might say something accidentally that would either hurt the other/over step the work boundary. Perhaps the former was his POV and the latter mine. Despite the stiffness in communication, we got on great. He had a dirty sense of humour which I found hilarious, but no real shared interests.

The Fi is a girl I work with currently. Initially we got on great, I enjoyed working with her; she was quite energetic, and we talked a lot. But as time went on I found we didn't really have much in common, and I felt like she was just getting me to work flat out so she could look good to the manager and climb the ladder. We still get on, but it's kind of on and off, I look forward to working with her but when I do I'm like 'meh'.

Oh, and she tried using her Se on me at one point, which I didn't take well. Hah.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post

Oh, and she tried using her Se on me at one point, which I didn't take well. Hah.
    elaborate pls?
    unholy water sanguine addiction

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevjenn View Post
    elaborate pls?
    I think she reprimanded or accused me of not doing something work related. It wasn't 'do you know anything about this' but 'you was on yesterday when this happened weren't you' which I didn't take kindly to, as I wasn't even there.

Also she was checking some of my work to see if I missed anything, instead of just reminding me. It felt too confrontational for my liking.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    I think she reprimanded or accused me of not doing something work related. It wasn't 'do you know anything about this' but 'you was on yesterday when this happened weren't you' which I didn't take kindly to, as I wasn't even there.

Also she was checking some of my work to see if I missed anything, instead of just reminding me. It felt too confrontational for my liking.
    That is Se.. which is pointing out details that you may have missed. A delta nf would have understood that naturally and would have done it themselves or would have asked you to do it when we sensed that you're up for doing things with us.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave someone on a plane unwanted advice about headphones once. She is my client.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI singing to SEEs

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE singing to an SLI

That's right ladies. SLIs do not change their value system. It's very stringent and not worth the heartache if you're Se ego.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IBTL View Post
    SLI singing to SEEs

I have to get the lyrics to this

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to get the lyrics to this
    I agree, these darn British islanders should learn to speak proper English, FCOL!
    The future of Socionics:
    Many black Americans are SEE type.