Thread: Are There Any Good Population Distribution Statistics of Socionic Types?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are There Any Good Population Distribution Statistics of Socionic Types?

I've been searching around Google attempting to find some statistics on percentages of socionic types in men and women. All I found was a very limited spread of about 200 people or people which are interested in taking the test which may skew the numbers. Anyone have this data?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

try this:
    type statistics by Filatova - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-by-Filatova
    statistics of registered profiles at your-ideal.com forum/dating site - http://www.your-ideal.com/cgi-bin/faq.pl?act=stat

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've crunched the stats on Socionics.us (including the Filatova set mentioned above) in spreadsheets and even took my own sample of people and typed (naturally the latter will be less accurate) but found common trends in both:

• By a small margin, the most common type for males was ILE
    • By a small margin, the most common type for females was SEI
    • From the above, males were slightly more likely to have a preference for intuition over sensing and females were slightly more likely to have a preference for sensing
    • Alpha and Beta quadras tended to be somewhat better represented than Gamma and Delta
    • EP was the most common temperament, followed by IP, then IJ and in last was EJ
    • From the above, it was gleaned that irrational types are more common than rational types
    • Males were noticeably more likely to be logical, and females ethical
    • LIEs and LSEs were the least common types, with LSEs being slightly rarer than LIEs.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys all of your information is awesome.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    At first glance, I'm not sure if the statistics in that Filatova study are correct with the percentages, since she has a 2.71% for EIEs when they are the most common type in her study. I think she may have put 12.71%, maybe a "1" got cut off, but it throws off the rest of the percentages then.

Actually nevermind, I see that the rest of the %s are correct if it IS 12.71%. So perhaps a 1 just got cut off. Since 19 people for LSE and LSI is 6.35%, double that for 38 people with EIE would be about 12.71%.
    The decimals are rounded, which means it won't add up to 100% exactly.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I know the answer to this one: No.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gammas are the rarest among blacks. Gammas are more common among Japanese people.

Betas the most common among humanity. EIE-Ni is common.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.