Thread: so what am I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default so what am I?

Well, I'm just curious to see if anyone can guess my type with just a picture and a snippet of information. I am pretty sure of what my type is, and I've already posted it elsewhere on the board (the 2 - now 3 - times I've posted here - although I have been lurking for a while); but I'll let you have a crack at it anyways.

here's a picture from a few years back, I don't have many pictures of me and this is as close to smiling as I usually get:

info..
    I am interested in astrophysics, philosophy, and science fiction. I run cross country and am pretty competitive. I isolate myself from even my friends at times, and if something disturbs me I become overly cynical. Some people criticize me for never considering other's feelings, but I've never been good at putting myself in other's shoes. I am lost in my own thoughts to the point where I sometimes nearly get run over while crossing streets.

I have a knack for finding flaws in other's logic. I have a problem with overly structured environments and neither like to take responsibility nor follow another's lead. I am heavily against stereotypes and dress a bit awkwardly with not much care about my appearance. I think that's enough info, this isn't a dating site and I am asexual anyways.

So, what am I?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, come on, she HAS to be an INTp. She even looks like Bill Gates!

Quote Originally Posted by fairgeek
    neither like to take responsibility nor follow another's lead.
    You don't like to take responsibility? You should try it sometime; it's quite a thrill. Whenever I start to take responsibility, I start walking faster, stand more upright, and overall become more socially confident.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, I thought maybe INTp too .. But, I see some ST there ...

I read both the merier-briggs and sociology description of ISTp, she seems to fit it more from what she has told us ...

By the way, I am not typing by photographs totally anymore.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html

And yes, I know that is MBTI ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or more percisely and

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and alot of and

Creepy-

dfgfd

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: so what am I?

info..

I am interested in astrophysics, philosophy, and science fiction. I run cross country and am pretty competitive.

Sounds like

I isolate myself from even my friends at times, and if something disturbs me I become overly cynical.

written all over this statement ...

Some people criticize me for never considering other's feelings, but I've never been good at putting myself in other's shoes.

and yet more

I am lost in my own thoughts to the point where I sometimes nearly get run over while crossing streets.

That could be intuitive, a sensible person would be more aware of their surroundings.

I have a knack for finding flaws in other's logic.

sounds ... ish

I have a problem with overly structured environments and neither like to take responsibility nor follow another's lead.

A big red flag for P here ...

I am heavily against stereotypes and dress a bit awkwardly with not much care about my appearance.

P,P,P, and more P ...

So, what am I?
    introverted, some intuitive,some thinking, perceptive

But the makes me also think ISTp still possibly ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I just noticed a strong lack of ..., that must mean you are either or

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, the description sounds more like ISTp or INTp ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Gates is so obviously INTp it's disgusting.

Creepy-

ghg

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that fairgeek could been either an ISTp or an INTp, she has conflicting aspects of both from her description.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: so what am I?

I am pretty sure of what my type is, and I've already posted it elsewhere on the board
    Supposedly I am an isfj by astrology - cancer. However, I am almost certainly an intp (at least for now), so that leads me to assume that astrology is a bunch of crap.
    intp...

I had to do the percentages myself, it wasn't scoring it. The types seemed not to be definitive enough.

Water 24%
    Wood 24%
    Fire 19%
    Earth 2%
    Metal 17%
    I would have guessed INTp even if I hadn't seen that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Keirsey I usually end up as ISTp, and I must admit that some of the ISTp descriptions sound a bit like me. On the socionics.com test I am an INTx. On most of the mbti tests I have taken I am an INTp. My parents are ESTP and ISFJ, so I have had strong influence from sensors. I do get hung up on details sometimes, ("can't see the forest for the trees"), but I prefer just the plain facts, details in textbooks can be overwhelming.

I read an article a while back that said something about Einstein being ENTj rather than INTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Keirsey I usually end up as ISTp, and I must admit that some of the ISTp descriptions sound a bit like me. On the socionics.com test I am an INTx. On most of the mbti tests I have taken I am an INTp. My parents are ESTP and ISFJ, so I have had strong influence from sensors. I do get hung up on details sometimes, ("can't see the forest for the trees"), but I prefer just the plain facts, details in textbooks can be overwhelming.
    Hah! I knew she seemed ISTp!

Creepy-

I've yet to meet an ISTP who isn't revolted by the very idea of psychological typing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree about the revolsion ISTPs have about typing. I think its they dont like being exposed. Underneath it all they really want someone to know them but they dont want it publisized.
    Topaz

Ps Fairgeek is probably INTP. sigh*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S/he is INFP. I am not an expert, but I think the type is INFP with strong Activy Function -the
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for curiosity's sake, what gave you the impression that I was an NF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's fairly aware of her type, i think?

her description of herself sounds textbook intp, but i think most intps would be able to recognize themselves as such readily.

i figure she's somewhat aware of her type which can definitely sway psychometric test results.

female infps i have met are... well... chameleons. at least in public and with those they don't know well. i think they can generally hide their emotional drive as much as they wish, thus giving them an intp appearance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first took an MBTI test in January, I was amazed at the accuracy of INTP descriptions to describe my personality. I was also amazed that I could indeed find aspects of the other types that fit as well. From reading the INFP type descriptions I was able to ascertain that I had been at least INxP when I was younger - although an ENFP friend of mine disagrees about that, she says I was always as rational as a stone (how is a stone rational anyways?). T is my highest scoring function now, though, so I hadn't really considered INFP.

Yes, I am pretty certain of the INTP type, however, when I am in interaction with other INTPs in communities and forums, I sometimes doubt my type. Particularly when dealing with the ones more iffy on the F/T or P/J.

If an INFP does not desire to have an emotional drive and represses it as much as possible, their preference for the F/T function would become T, and thus they would become INTP... or can preferences not change types?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A human being

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Messy View Post
    A human being
    you are a thread necromancer
    +1 to ILI for you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What functions do you use
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    you are a thread necromancer
    +1 to ILI for you

I used to comment on my classmates' ( VERY ) old facebook pics just to tease them , annoying them was funny

As for here, I feel bored, so I go to the “Who is online” section and monitor the topics that all forum members and visitors browse , when I find something interesting, I comment on it.