Thread: MBTI vs socionics descriptions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MBTI vs socionics descriptions

Very true, but here's a start, I hope you keep in mind that I wasn't able to explain everything,

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2572
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, you alluded to the distinction of ENTj on the ENTP.ORG forum, stating that laid back ENTjs may be MBTI INTJs and power ENTjs may be MBTI-ESTP. I can appreciate that theory, but it implies that the functions under Socionics are different. How can that be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find ESTp discussions on this site, to be highly contradictive. I was reading a thread on a hypothetical discussion between ESTPs and every other word was bitch this, bitch that.
    Functianalyst,
    I don't know if you are directly referring to the thread I started, but I seriously doubt that the estps here would be offended by it. And, I was only joking... don't take it too seriously.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    Rocky, you alluded to the distinction of ENTj on the ENTP.ORG forum, stating that laid back ENTjs may be MBTI INTJs and power ENTjs may be MBTI-ESTP. I can appreciate that theory, but it implies that the functions under Socionics are different. How can that be?
    Some people do not know themselves all that well. Okay, to be honest, many people do not. And if not that, there is always the temptation to be something one wants rather than what one is.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't quite agree with the high-powered vs laid-back distinction Rocky made.

I fully identity with the "Jack London" ENTj description. I also identify better with most INTJ descriptions in MBTI rather than ESTP or ENTJ. As a matter of fact, I also identify a lot with ENTP MBTI profiles. My main reasons for identifying better with INTJ is because the INTJ profiles seem to be more complete, especially regarding relatuonships, and because MBTI usually makes the dislike for small talk = introversion equivalence.

I think that those socionics ENTjs that more readily identify with ESTP or ENTP are those who, for reasons relating to social environment etc identify more readily with the MBTI definition of "extroverted". But that has little, or nothing, to do with being "high-powered" or "laid-back".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I think it's more to do with who's writing the descriptions. I think it's very possible for someone to write an MBTI description that maybe describing a different type then they claim.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanum
    I find ESTp discussions on this site, to be highly contradictive. I was reading a thread on a hypothetical discussion between ESTPs and every other word was bitch this, bitch that.
    Functianalyst,
    I don't know if you are directly referring to the thread I started, but I seriously doubt that the estps here would be offended by it. And, I was only joking... don't take it too seriously.
    Not offended, but I have to be reminded that ISTj is not the same for Socionics. The thought of comparing the ISTJ to ESTP is far different. I just wonder whether ESTps are as the discussion mentioned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    No, I think it's more to do with who's writing the descriptions. I think it's very possible for someone to write an MBTI description that maybe describing a different type then they claim.
    Who better to write a description than that type? I personally think that McNews description is on point.