Thread: Member Questionnaire (Capitalist Pig)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Capitalist Pig)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Capitalist Pig)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I know it when I see it.
    What are your most important values?
    Independence and self-sufficiency, and the reciprocity of conduct (otherwise known as the Golden Rule).
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I consider myself to be broadly atheistic in the sense that I do not believe in the existence of a God or any other deities. I do not believe in superstition, the paranormal, or supernatural. Though I may employ these concepts in a colloquial fashion, they are mostly limited to superficial expressions of sentiment designed to convey a notion. Materialism (or physicalism, depending on who you ask) is probably the closest match to my philosophical outlook.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    They are unfortunate consequences of the dark side of human nature, but I believe that violence and armed conflict can be mitigated by unfettered globalization that is not mandated or regulated by governing bodies. States acting as sole arbiters of violence (by enforcing monopoly on the market for violence, i.e. by maintaining defense and criminal justice apparatuses that are immune to market pressures of competition and supply-and-demand) are the biggest offender and responsible for every historical and ongoing conflict that has achieved such massive scale as previous World Wars.

Free and open trade creates bonds between cultures, across whatever geographic boundaries that may separate discrete populations, even if their unique cultures seem alien and disparate to each others. The open exchange of both tangible and intangible goods spurs a progressive homogenization of ethical behavior and cultural values that benefits both civilizations in productive and unpredictable ways.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Nature of man, history of man, future of man, the impact of technology on society (both the advantages and disadvantages), stuff like that. My interests focus mainly on technology, general aviation, and how I can be financially successful.1

Why? I don't know, these are fascinating topics for me. I place an importance on financial success so that I can have the means to fulfill lifelong goals, leave a legacy for my family (if I ever make one). Rather than accumulating wealth solely for whimsical and materialistic ventures or hedonistic pursuits, I want to do something good with it.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    It's interesting, yes. I am not as "focused on my body" as I probably should be, but I am concerned about keeping myself within the envelope of what is considered "healthy." I do have some terrible habits I need to break myself of, and I'm always stressing about my weight (I am skinny and most people laugh at me when I say I'm getting fat, which usually translates into "I gained 5 lbs in a month.") but at one point during my early adolescence I was considerably overweight and I still suffer from the insecurities that were burned into my psyche at its most fragile developmental stage.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    They have to be done.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    The first book I ever fell in love with was Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Since then I've also thoroughly enjoyed other Heinlein works, Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park and sequel The Lost World, Timothy Zahn's Star Wars novels, Frank Herbert's Dune, and the early fictional works of Tom Clancy (particularly Ryanverse content).

Films I've enjoyed are the original Star Wars trilogy, the Indiana Jones trilogy (what 4th film?), Mad Max, select James Bond titles (chiefly those starring Connery or Moore), The Big Lebowski, Ridley Scott's Alien and Predator franchise, and a few HBO miniseries like From the Earth to the Moon, Band of Brothers, and Generation Kill. The Matrix was cool, too.

Mike Judge is on my radar again with his new HBO comedy series Silicon Valley. I saw the premiere yesterday and it's very much a hit with me so far. Other TV programming I enjoy or have enjoyed include The Simpsons, Futurama, Seth MacFarlane stuff, Aqua Teen, SeaLab, The Critic, The Tick, Dr. Katz, Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill, Ren & Stimpy, ER (the early seasons), Star Trek (TOS and Next Gen), and Law & Order (original series, early seasons being the best).

There's other I'm sure, but these are all I can think of at present.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Lots of things have made me do both, but my answer is more personal than I'd care to get for the purposes of this questionnaire.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    At home, alone, doing something enjoyable; or at work.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I'm judgmental, selfish, ethically pragmatic, stubborn, impatient, and occasionally obtuse. I'm also sarcastic and opinionated. Cockiness and pride are my downfall.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I'm quick-witted, intelligent, fiercely loyal and compassionate to those I care about, honest, individualistic, and a survivor.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I don't want help, I can do it on my own. It's not that I view needing help as a weakness or an affront to my independence, but I don't like to rely on others because people are notoriously unreliable.

If we're talking about professional help, I do think I have some internal complications that I could use assistance in correcting, but that is not for this questionnaire.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Quite frequently, and it's very demoralizing. I tend to get out of it quickly by focusing on positive developments, comparing my progress to the year past, or simply occupying my mind with other things. It's mostly caused by financial instability or the slow progression toward achieving short- and long-term goals. Sometimes I think my ruts are entirely due to my impatience with the pace of life. I need to remind myself once in a while to stop and smell the roses.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I get along with people I see as similar to myself or possessing those qualities I'd like to see in myself. Strong-willed, independent, and intelligent people with focus and direction in life, and the determination to succeed (if they are not already successful). People who are down-to-Earth or even seem to have it all figured out (but will humbly admit they do not and have no delusions otherwise).
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think it's great. I don't think there's many that would disagree with me there.

Many of the same qualities I listed for the last question. I don't like docile women who feel their highest aspiration in life is to pop some kids out and be a homemaker. She can value that sort of thing if she likes, because I would maybe like a family one day, but it'd be a lot nicer if her dreams reached further than that tired tradition.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I'd do everything possible to ensure that their cognitive, emotional, and physical development proceeds appropriately and to maximize their odds for success by pushing them (without smothering them) to pursue their interests and go after their dreams.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I exhaust all effort to reconcile their opinion with my own, and depending on what it is I usually end up just accepting their difference of opinion. I don't really think less of people I care about for believing differently than I (isn't that the point of being free?) unless their reaction to the disagreement strikes me as close-minded. I don't typically befriend people in the first place that I think are stupid, so this has rarely been an issue for me.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't consider society to be a "thing." Society is the sum of co-existing individuals within the framework of a community or culture. The "whole" may be greater than the sum of it's "parts" but without those parts, there is no whole. Capiche?
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends according to what I think of their character. I behave like myself around them.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Differently.
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 04-09-2014 at 02:34 PM. Reason: foonote #1

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Well, here it is. I finally got around to it. It's been what? A year since I said I would? Lol, better late than never I suppose.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

From your questionnaire and the way you interact with others in chatbox I would say an ethical extrovert.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    From your questionnaire and the way you interact with others in chatbox I would say an ethical extrovert.
    I respectfully disagree. I've historically "self-typed" as Te-ILI 5w6 sx/sp, but others have suggested SLI as an alternative. In either case, I believe one thing is for certain: I fit the bill for an IP temperament. There is no doubt in my mind, and my two most popular consensus typings seem to corroborate that opinion.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I've historically "self-typed" as Te-ILI 5w6 sx/sp, but others have suggested SLI as an alternative. In either case, I believe one thing is for certain: I fit the bill for an IP temperament. There is no doubt in my mind, and my two most popular consensus typings seem to corroborate that opinion.
    Meh, never said I was good at this. I guess I see your type as SEE based on the descriptions and much of what you do screams ethics not logic to me. I am just thinking back to some threads you started and some posts. Judgments on people you make in chatbox, including your judgment of me in the past... "weird", "crazy", "nuts" "off", My mind takes mental snapshots that I put together later. It's automatic... Those are not logical assessments of my personality, in my opinion. I seem to offend your sense of ethics in some way, in the way I express myself, not your sense of logic.I also see you have little tolerance for certain forum members you interact with in chat. I am observant that way...with everybody... then I get like this overview of personality. I didn't read your questionnaire as much as scan it. I guess that is a better way of describing how I quickly evaluate people . I would only look at the details if there was a personal interest in doing so. We don't interact so no personal reason for me to get into the details. Let's just say I see this SEE in you.
    Common social roles

1. The player who is always busy conquering people of the opposite sex and bragging of his or her social and sexual prowess.
    2. The aggressive trainer who likes to whip people into shape physically or socially and make them be more effective in society.
    "The Player" <--- is based on a quote in your "about me" in your profile. I remember it was a Pat Benatar song quote because music lyrics stick in my mind. I just checked and it is still there. I just assume you chose that quote to express a certain "truth" about yourself.

I do not believe in superstition, the paranormal, or supernatural. Though I may employ these concepts in a colloquial fashion, they are mostly limited to superficial expressions of sentiment designed to convey a notion. Materialism (or physicalism, depending on who you ask) is probably the closest match to my philosophical outlook.
    Plus my spirit guides told me and the tarot confirmed you an ethical extrovert.

Edit: To me this sounds Ethical. I admit I may be interpreting the terms used different than socionics does. If that is so I appreciate a correction of my interpretation.

What are your most important values?
    Independence and self-sufficiency, and the reciprocity of conduct (otherwise known as the Golden Rule).
    This also sounds Ethical not logical to me.

Why? I don't know, these are fascinating topics for me. I place an importance on financial success so that I can have the means to fulfill lifelong goals, leave a legacy for my family (if I ever make one). Rather than accumulating wealth solely for whimsical and materialistic ventures or hedonistic pursuits, I want to do something good with it.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends according to what I think of their character. I behave like myself around them.
    Logically it is not easy to determine character. Ethically it is easy to judge character because you're going on feelings primarily and not facts.

Damn now I am in analytical mode.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-09-2014 at 07:14 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Meh, never said I was good at this.
    It's whatever, Socionics isn't an exact science anyway, so you're more than welcome to any opinion you wish.

I guess I see your type as SEE based on the descriptions and much of what you do screams ethics not logic to me. I am just thinking back to some threads you started and some posts. Judgments on people you make in chatbox, including your judgment of me in the past... "weird", "crazy", "nuts" "off", My mind takes mental snapshots that I put together later. It's automatic... Those are not logical assessments of my personality, in my opinion.
    Or perhaps I've just never bothered to explain myself to you, or anyone.

I seem to offend your sense of ethics in some way, in the way I express myself, not your sense of logic.I also see you have little tolerance for certain forum members you interact with in chat.
    My impatience is not limited to my perception of the passage of time, but also with people I deem to be obtuse, naive, unreasonable, irrational (not in the Socionics sense), or simply hold opinions that are oppositional, and can not be reconciled with my own. In short, I have a low tolerance for stupid people.

However, as I told @Ankh recently in the shoutbox, I'm always open to being proven wrong about something or someone.

I am observant that way...with everybody... then I get like this overview of personality. I didn't read your questionnaire as much as scan it. I guess that is a better way of describing how I quickly evaluate people . I would only look at the details if there was a personal interest in doing so. We don't interact so no personal reason for me to get into the details. Let's just say I see this SEE in you.
    Fair enough.

"The Player" <--- is based on a quote in your "about me" in your profile. I remember it was a Pat Benatar song quote because music lyrics stick in my mind. I just checked and it is still there. I just assume you chose that quote to express a certain "truth" about yourself.
    Not necessarily, I just didn't want to leave it blank and I tired of the old quote. Previously it was a line from a Rolling Stones song that read, "I was born in a crossfire hurricane." Whether or not I was trying to express some personal truth about myself is for you to decide, but I can tell you that it was by no conscious intent on my part. If and where I do project a "player" attitude, it's done so ironically, since I feel like I'm the furthest thing from a "player" and I don't consider that social attitude to be desirable. Like most, I associate "players" with jerks and super-inflated egos. I may be a jerk, but I'm honest about my abilities and where I stand in life.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

1 I would like to append my answer to include psychology as another one of my interests.

(Back to Post)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think its safe to debate between SLI-Te and ILI-Te (at least thats where it is for me personally but outlying opinions are fun).

just this morning in the chatbox you were helping me find peace about some forum drama by talking about what has been normal throughout the forums history and how that is likely to play out this time around. which is pretty classic

but that doesn't stand out to me as much as your

i'm curious where people get SLI from but from my vantage i guess you have a pretty "grounded" feel in your posts..you don't go into a lot of metaphysical mumbo jumbo and you are really level headed, doesn't seem to be any compensatory or provoky victimy stuff or anything. but maybe Te subtype is enough for that.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say "logical" based on general feel of your answers. Sensing rather than intuitive due to the specificness of your answers and chat responses. I lean towards rational although your forum thingy sais "IP" temperament...

I'd say delta ST and LSE specifically.

(that or LIE, cuz there is kinda that vibe as well...).

Probably way off though.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I'd say "logical" based on general feel of your answers.
    Is it logical to say that you are basing his type on what you feel? Just messing with you...carry on! I based mine on feeling too, mostly.

I think I need a good socionics description on what exactly constitutes ethics or logic and where the line is in between.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah, CPig seems very much ILI to me in his responses here and in general. He reminds me very much of an ILI friend of mine.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Various buzzwords, established "facades" (which is probably too strong a word) I guess, and some familiarity gives the impression of Benjamin Franklin-variant XLI hidden agenda.

As for my own thoughts, I don't really have any. I hope this is of use.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had no doubt about Te anyway. But with this part I tend to say ILI > SLI :

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it. Quite frequently, and it's very demoralizing. I tend to get out of it quickly by focusing on positive developments, comparing my progress to the year past, or simply occupying my mind with other things. It's mostly caused by financial instability or the slow progression toward achieving short- and long-term goals. Sometimes I think my ruts are entirely due to my impatience with the pace of life. I need to remind myself once in a while to stop and smell the roses.