Thread: Ne as "the integrity of the external situation"

Default Ne as "the integrity of the external situation"

What exactly does this mean? From Renin's book:

Function #1– objective intuition () integrity of the external situation. The world should be always harmonious and complete – this is the principle of existence of this type.

Function #1 — objective intuition () the zone of confidence is the integrity of the external world. Feeling of harmony and integrity of the world prevails here. A wide variety of events may be perceived as normal: even very tough life’s circumstances could be perceived as some kind of working environment, he takes it easy, does not panic. The principle of existence: “The world around me is in harmony, therefore I exist.
    It seems very different to the usual description of Ne as "the intuition of possibilities" though I'm sure the two definitions are related.

80 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

i could see it meaning that Ne assumes a certain symmetry to the external world and by such means fills in gaps in one's knowledge of it.

so i would replace integrity with symmetry in that sentence.

aside from being a tool the symmetry could be a desire or goal or simply a thing one is familiar with and favors largely for that reason.

78 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

here's how I've defined Ne:
    "Ne" = "Explicit Field Statics"
    "'things together', 'full scene', 'obvious structure', 'these go together'"
    you hear "parts" or "bits" or "aspects" of things mentioned a lot in the speech of Ne-types, e.g. "my favorite part", "this part is this, that part is that", "this is this aspect", "this bit, that bit", etc

Los Angeles, CA
    EII INFj
    475 Post(s)
    6 Thread(s)

Ne is unfolding of a situation into many possible situations from which interpretation and thought can be applies to where each may go in terms of their future development. Ni is the accumulation of events that sheds to one big possible event.
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions: