Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFs What is the difference between them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NFs. What is the difference between them?

There are four NF types. Two in Beta. Two in Delta. Each NF-type has (supposedly) two subtypes. Intuitive and Ethical. That means effectively there are eight variations of NFs. How can you separate between these eight types? What are the "trademarks" of each type? Can you come up with a simple rule set that separates these eight types from each other?

ENFj (ethical)
    ENFj (intuitive)

INFp (ethical)
    INFp (intuitive)

INFj (ethical)
    INFj (intuitive)

ENFp (ethical)
    ENFp (intuitive)

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFs. What is the difference between them?

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Can you come up with a simple rule set that separates these eight types from each other?
    Certainly.

ENFp:
    INFj:

INFp:
    ENFj:

Yes, I know that isn't the answer you are looking for.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Can you come up with a simple rule set that separates these eight types from each other?
    Certainly.

ENFp:
    INFj:

INFp:
    ENFj:

I thought it was funny, tho. lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly.

ENFp:
    INFj:

INFp:
    ENFj:

lol. What about the subtypes then?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... that's harder and the best way to tell is just to read Gulenko's descriptions.

I think the major thing keeping people from being able to tell the difference between the NFs (or any other group of types, for that matter) is simply the fact that they haven't had first-hand experience with too many. It's mostly NTs that seem to find it difficult, and usually they just don't hang around too many NFs. The more INFps you know, the easier it is to tell them apart from INFjs, for instance. The More ENFps you know, the easier it is to tell them apart from ENFjs.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... that's harder and the best way to tell is just to read Gulenko's descriptions.

I think the major thing keeping people from being able to tell the difference between the NFs (or any other group of types, for that matter) is simply the fact that they haven't had first-hand experience with too many. It's mostly NTs that seem to find it difficult, and usually they just don't hang around too many NFs. The more INFps you know, the easier it is to tell them apart from INFjs, for instance. The More ENFps you know, the easier it is to tell them apart from ENFjs.
    I think I know one INFj (or INFp) and 1-2 possible ENFps that's about it I might know one ENFj but he might as well be some other Exxj. So my material is quite poor

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That might be a problem.

Also, -types tend to have a very amorphous sense of their own personality - our temperament may be easy to discern from NTs/STs, but personality is like water to us. It melds to the shape of the surroundings. Our concepts of "self" are often variable, sometimes infinite and personal, sometimes defined in relation to the world around us. Consequently, it can be very hard to tell.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENFj and INFj have in common, in relationships, that they want control over your life, but ENFj does it explicitly and openly, INFj does it very subtly and non-verbally, and I really hate the latter.

I experience INFp (women) as dramatic and completely unrealistic. They violate virtually every rule of what brings about good self-esteem and still whine openly about the immorality of other people. I now a (neurotic) INFp woman who sleeps with married men, and still says that she is not doing anything wrong, that it's the responsibility of the men involved. Expect the most bizar ethical rationalizations from an INFp!

As for ENFps, I don't think I'm the one to ask...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    I think ENFj and INFj have in common, in relationships, that they want control over your life, but ENFj does it explicitly and openly, INFj does it very subtly and non-verbally, and I really hate the latter.
    Hmm...can you elaborate more on this? This sounds like something important. Like a...like a rule to help with typing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, -types tend to have a very amorphous sense of their own personality - our temperament may be easy to discern from NTs/STs, but personality is like water to us. It melds to the shape of the surroundings. Our concepts of "self" are often variable, sometimes infinite and personal, sometimes defined in relation to the world around us. Consequently, it can be very hard to tell.
    Lol. I feel like already. I'm molding faster than my brain can track Or anyone else's brain for that matter

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone define what "control" means in a relationship? You are confusing me not helping!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...can you elaborate more on this? This sounds like something important. Like a...like a rule to help with typing
    An ENFj person sees a person in need of help (at least, that's what they that's what they think) and will force themselves upon them, telling them what to do so their lives improve. Resist against that, and she will try harder to convince you something should change!

An INFj person, it's different, I think. You think you should go left, she wants to go right. No discussion is initiated on her behalf. She goes right, and you are implicitly expected to follow. Now you verbally can raise objections, but she will deny such behavior. This is ood, bacause sexually, INFj women might be submissive. But this is a trickL they are only submissive in bed, in the rest of their lives, they want to be in control, and they do it in a way that does not require verbal communication.

Does this help you out?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    wrong. unless I'm no INFj. I don't want control - NO! Just don't try to control me either, don't try to force me or manipulate me into what you want to do. Eeesh. I'd rather never be in a relationship again than be controlled or controlling. ICK! That's crap. That's no relationship in my book.

Other INFjs please feel free to correct me if your opinion differs.
    It's not a conscious thing, you probably don't even realize this. But also, you might be ENFp, intuitive subtype.

BTW. INFjs should not be asked about this, ask any of the other 15 types!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone define what "control" means in a relationship? You are confusing me not helping!
    "have it your way, have it my way, or are we going to meet each other halfway?" That is what control is about.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about all INFjs but my sister is very much like that. She'll bring up something a thousand times until you do it the way she wants. If you say no, she'll just keep bringing it up over and over again until you give in, and if you don't she'll just proceed as if you'd said yes anyway, unless and until you're willing to create a huge issue over it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I don't know about all INFjs but my sister is very much like that. She'll bring up something a thousand times until you do it the way she wants. If you say no, she'll just keep bringing it up over and over again until you give in, and if you don't she'll just proceed as if you'd said yes anyway, unless and until you're willing to create a huge issue over it.
    That's very much it: the manipulation thing is that you "feel" you're going to have trouble big time once you raise the issue. If the issue is not important enough, you won't raise it. Until the final drop ...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    ENFps and ENFjs are VERY animated...... when they talk they use a lot of hand gestures and smile a lot.
    Completely true! My sister always teases me with this by pointing this out to me explicitly and imitating my gestures. I must add: ENFps might only do this when they're enthousiastic about something, e.g. Socionics :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    i don't know any INFps really that well, but they are different than INFjs. INFjs are not animated... u usually can't tell what is going on inside them by their outer appearance. u probably won't find them reading romance novels or even speaking about romance period. INFps are more free with their feelings. INFjs may try to please others just to get along, but they have a mind all their own--akin to concrete maybe. u might even mistake them for an INTJ, because they may appear indifferent at first. (INFjs are like INTjs on the outside and ENFxs on the inside.) also there is usually something very gentle about them....it may be their gestures, gait, voice, or hands... but there will be something.
    This is correct: INFjs are sort of "emotionally flat", which makes them stand out from the other NFs. Put an INFj woman and and ENTp woman together, and you'll see something of a contradtion: a cool, rational INFj woman, almost insensitive! Can you imagine, an ENTp woman being reprimanded? Well, an INFj woman can do exactly that, and get away with it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFjs can look you straight in the eyes all the way to your soul. INFps don't do that. (It's weird to get stuck in that confirming gaze between two INFjs when neither party does anything that can be confirmed.) It's often followed by nods and quiet hums when you speak. If you look back you'll see our eyes reflect every hint of emotion that your story inflict in us. If it's sad, our eyes will water and we'll call for the fairies to help you.
    INFj

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    INFjs can look you straight in the eyes all the way to your soul. INFps don't do that. (It's weird to get stuck in that confirming gaze between two INFjs when neither party does anything that can be confirmed.) It's often followed by nods and quiet hums when you speak. If you look back you'll see our eyes reflect every hint of emotion that your story inflict in us. If it's sad, our eyes will water and we'll call for the fairies to help you.
    Indeed, INFps can't look into your soul. If they like you, they are only interested in telling you all about theirs, and usually, it is a very messy one! :wink:

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I think ENFps have the same capabilities, but to a lesser extent. Perhaps because of Fi not being primary. The odd thing about INFjs is, that they will look into your soul, and you will typically not know or realize it. ENFps will look into your soul and next tell you all about it!

Edit: I mean by this, that INFjs typically will not respond expressively to common everyday emotions. But don't let that fool you, nothing escapes them!

Creepy-pokeball

That and NFs are tricky little bastards. Theyre very crafty at blending.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae

That and NFs are tricky little bastards. Theyre very crafty at blending.
    True: I've been in IT for years mingling with STs and NTs, and they never noticed. It also gave me a competitive edge

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While riding my bike (a great moment for introspection) I have been thinking out a way how to differentiate NF types by means of their social attitudes. This of course, takes time, and I don't know if this will work for other types than NF (or even others than ENFps for that matter).

The common denominator of the NF is to make the world a better place for people. But the way these type go about and do it, is different:

ENFj
    Fe: People are nuts, they should be fixed, live up to their true potential!
    Ni: How can I help them, even push them when they don't want to?
    The recipient: get the hell away from me! Leave me alone!

INFj
    Fi: I have a need to feel good about myself in a very specific way! I want what I want! Now!
    Ne: Who's out there that can help me make me feel good in the way that I want?
    The recipient: Why are you going left, I want to go right perhaps. Explain why you want to go left!

INFp
    Ni: I'm nuts, but hey, that's the way I am! So I'm not really nuts! I already am the best I can!
    Fe: I'm gonna make people believe that I'm not crazy and by emotional force make them accept my version of reality. If they don't, they can go screw themselves!
    The recipient: God, you're such a drama queen! Get a life!

ENFp
    Ne: God, so many people to hang out with!
    Fi: Which person should I pick that will help me to feel better about myself and more appreciated?
    The recipient: when are you going to return my phone calls or e-mail messages? You seemed such a nice person... Hello? Anybody listening?

From here, we can even jump to ENTp:
    Ti: Which of these people will help me to feel more competent and respected and increase my status?
    The recipient: when are you going to return my phone calls or e-mail messages? You're a real insensitive prick... Hello? Anybody listening?

Now does this make sense, or am I just speculating here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFp is dead on. I don't know about the INFj. I'm starting to prefer the angels and fairies. :wink:
    INFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Let's see how these apply to me...

ENFp
    Fi: Which person should I pick that will help me to feel better about myself and more appreciated?
    The recipient: when are you going to return my phone calls or e-mail messages? You seemed such a nice person... Hello? Anybody listening?
    Ok. This doesn't sound at all like me. And since it is written by an ENFp I guess it is an accurate description. I can actually see this could be true. I just don't relate to part, part or the behavioral part.

INFp
    Ni: I'm nuts, but hey, that's the way I am! So I'm not really nuts! I already am the best I can!
    Fe: I'm gonna make people believe that I'm not crazy and by emotional force make them accept my version of reality. If they don't, they can go screw themselves!
    Hah. Still doesn't sound quite like me except perhaps occasionally But INFps are so cute in their own way. I love it when someone creates a bigger than life drama out of nothing. Unless it is in business environment or something serious is in question. But anyways I have been told that I do have a tendency to dramatize little issues. I love people who can cool me down. Sometimes I can get overly excited about something and create a bigger than life thing out of it. E.g. ESTps and ENTjs and perhaps other and types are good to have around at these situations. They just say something like "umm..wtf?!...ah ok you are just again creating drama out of nothing...*sigh* cool down already ". Then I'm like "uhh...hmm...yes I guess I was exaggerating the seriousness of the situation a bit I'm feeling pretty relaxed again. The thing kinda _seemed_ really serious or something...". Ok I can see that some people who only see me in my drama mood could see me as INFp. Then again I can act as the "voice of reason" too and pretty often do. So the drama thing is not something I do all the time. Just occasionally I get carried away..a little bit

ENFj
    Fe: People are nuts, they should be fixed, live up to their true potential!
    Ni: How can I help them, even push them when they don't want to?
    The recipient: get the hell away from me! Leave me alone!
    Again I can feel something matching here. I do push people who I think are not fulfilling their potential. But I'm not usually doing it straight in their face forceful-style. I wait for perfect moments to inject my "push" on them. When opportunity presents itself. When life has proven to some people that their method or way doesn't work then is the right time to make suggestions about how they should approach life. So I rarely get "get the hell away from me" responds. But occasionally that may happen if my timing fails or if the people just are very sensitive to "control" and interpret my advice as an effort to control them. But I can relate to the "mentor" thing in ENFjs strongly. Just I don't know how "in your face" a typical ENFj is. I generally try to be sensitive with my advice except if a situation calls for it I can be "in your face" but it is not a default behavior (this should be asked from my friends though...).

INFj
    Fi: I have a need to feel good about myself in a very specific way! I want what I want! Now!
    The recipient: Why are you going left, I want to go right perhaps. Explain why you want to go left!
    I can't relate to this even though I relate to this better than ENFp. Generally I'm a bit shy at "wanting" things. And a bit critical towards people who over emphasize their wants over everyone else's. I often fight with "do I have a right to want something?" issue. Again this is where e.g. ESTps come in handy. They are very good at explaining me why it is just normal to want the thing I want (not selfish etc) and I shouldn't feel guilty about it etc. ESTps are really good at explaining away ethical and moral questions They can make me feel good about breaking my ethics and whatnot heh. Just this wouldn't be a good thing in everyday life. Occasionally it is needed

What I can say based on this that I don't seem ENFp. ENFj sounds most like me but a bit too extreme. INFp and INFj have something in them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj-s only think they can do that. They see what is presented and are looking through Fi glasses. This makes them judge the person at the spot, they take a picture, a snapshot, there is no essence involved.
    The same happens for ENFp-s.
    It's funny how none of these types realize that I control my image and are surprised (Shocked even!!!) when I do something that is completely contradictory to their "vision", change my image. Then they start judging me, "You are a bad, bad person (For changing)!!!". But they don't tell you this out of fear of consequences and such things.
    It's also funny how they think they understand me. According to this Fi image of Fi + Ne types I'm either a divine entity or a primordial animal (Their exact words lol).
    They just don't realize that what they see is presented, they take it as true and are proud of their "observational abilities". They only question their judgment after prolonged exposure to me when they realize that nothing they hold true for me is actually true. In words of my ENFp friend "I simply cannot understand you". Of course you can't when you only look at the surface.

It's the INFp-s that can see your essence.

INFp
    Here's what INFp really is:
    Ni: Look at all of these pretty images!!! I want to understand you, capture your essence image
    To quote Jung
    This image fascinates the intuitive activity; it is arrested by it, and seeks to explore every detail of it. It holds fast to the vision, observing with the liveliest interest how the picture changes, unfolds further, and finally fades. In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extraverted sensation senses outer objects.
    Fe: And this is the means to do it. I'll be nice and friendly and polite and all those other stuff.

The recipient: Oh look somebody interested in me! Oh joy!!!
    *if the image is consumed, drained*
    How can you just walk away after all we've been through? You... never cared about me did you?

I just walk away, no second thoughts.
    The drama queen image presented is only when trying to get something I want.

EDIT: Your enfp is also wrong. This is more like it

Ne: So many balls of stings! I want to unravel all of them!
    Fi: And this is the means to do it. I will *I don't know this part*
    *after the string has been unraveled*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    INFj-s only think they can do that. They see what is presented and are looking through Fi glasses. This makes them judge the person at the spot, they take a picture, a snapshot, there is no essence involved.
    The same happens for ENFp-s.

snip
    It's the INFp-s that can see your essence.
    Well, I wasn't meaning looking into the soul as in read your mind, but as in looking very intensely into your eyes.

No one can know what someone else is thinking or how someone else really is. It's all interpretations.
    INFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wasn't meaning looking into the soul as in read your mind, but as in looking very intensely into your eyes.
    For me soul = essence of that person. Misunderstood you.

No one can know what someone else is thinking or how someone else really is. It's all interpretations.
    I disagree. I've had moments where I was able to predict another person's thoughts.

You can do it through manipulation. You just have to keep them from becoming self-aware, keep their free will out of the picture.
    That way the image can be observed without it becoming aware of you, in its natural state. You can "play" with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. I've had moments where I was able to predict another person's thoughts.
    I've done that too. And as I've stated elsewhere (in this thread?) I know some of the secrets people are trying to hide from the world. It has been proven. But I don't know everything about anyone. Some of my speculations are just that. I'm afraid you can't know others completely either. We just have different ways of understanding people. From my perspective the approach has its obvious flaws, just like isn't good from your view. INFps have a hard time noticing a certain kind of pattern in behaviour that is obvious to me. (I will refrain from describing it, because I don't have enough time to chose my words.) And vice versa.
    INFj

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    INFj
    I can't relate to this even though I relate to this better than ENFp. Generally I'm a bit shy at "wanting" things. And a bit critical towards people who over emphasize their wants over everyone else's. I often fight with "do I have a right to want something?" issue. .
    I have the same problem xox. But it's not an estp who's been most helpful in this area -- it's my mom (who seems like she could be isfj). She is always reminding me not to forget to take care of myself, and that it's not selfish to do some of the things I want to do. She tells me that I need to do those things, and have time to myself, etc. and explains to me how it's helpful to my family for example, to have me happy, relaxed, etc. It's still sometimes tough to do things for me, but I'm getting better at it, without feeling quite so guilty.
    Hmm...everyone seems to be pushing me to be INFj I already made a sort of walking/jumping around video but I have to find a way to convert it to different format and put it into net...I will link it to that "INFjs walk strange?" thread in Delta quadra soon (the thread where your video is). Stay tuned

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's say you find out that you disagree on a thing - a point of belief - with an ENFp and an INFj.

A discussion with an ENFp:

ENFp: "Wow, you're right... and I'm right too... and she's right as well! Universal harmony! Yay! It's like mathematics -- you know, about how all parallels will touch at one point? We all REALLY agree if we just dig deeply enough and look beyond the-"
    "We all hold differing views that cannot possibly be reconciled by any rational means."
    "You're unimaginative." (Feels unloved.)

A discussion with an INFj: (wild guess)

INFj (thinks to herself Why do I even have to argue this point? Isn't it blindingly OBVIOUS? Next thing I'll have to explain why I believe that gravity works. Hng. "Well, I believe this because..." Because it's TRUE, moron. Argh. "...I read it in that book. The author explained it very well. He said that [quotes]."
    "But that was just a metaphor he was using."
    INFj: A metaphor?! God - what an abyss of ignorance! He obviously won't even be able to recognize the truth if it yells at him from close up. Hopeless. Just hopeless. (Retreats into herself, gives interlocutor a brief glance.) "I don't think it was a metaphor." (Changes subject.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Let's say you find out that you disagree on a thing - a point of belief - with an ENFp and an INFj.

A discussion with an ENFp:

ENFp: "Wow, you're right... and I'm right too... and she's right as well! Universal harmony! Yay! It's like mathematics -- you know, about how all parallels will touch at one point? We all REALLY agree if we just dig deeply enough and look beyond the-"
    "We all hold differing views that cannot possibly be reconciled by any rational means."
    "You're unimaginative." (Feels unloved.)

A discussion with an INFj: (wild guess)

INFj (thinks to herself Why do I even have to argue this point? Isn't it blindingly OBVIOUS? Next thing I'll have to explain why I believe that gravity works. Hng. "Well, I believe this because..." Because it's TRUE, moron. Argh. "...I read it in that book. The author explained it very well. He said that [quotes]."
    INFj: A metaphor?! God - what an abyss of ignorance! He obviously won't even be able to recognize the truth if it yells at him from close up. Hopeless. Just hopeless. (Retreats into herself, gives interlocutor a brief glance.) "I don't think it was a metaphor." (Changes subject.)
    Hehe. Initially I thought well I'm more like the INFj. Because I like to separate truth from false. But then again I admit there are so many things
    for which a mathematical "truth" cannot be defined (easily at least). So in effect unless something is very quantitative and measurable I tend not to trust my view to be "the ultimate truth". So...I resemble the ENFp more on some issues. However I wouldn't act like that Then again I'm not as negative as the INFj!

If the INFj description would be something like this I might be more into it...

Me (think to myself Oh. It seems I have to argue my point because the cloud of darkness has covered the eyes of that poor soul... "Well, I believe this because..." Because it is the beautiful beautiful truth which I hope you will someday see and learn to appreciate. *sigh*. "...I read it in that book. The author explained it very well. He said that [quotes]."
    Me: A metaphor?!...this makes me sad...truth is not a metaphor...how can you not see it! It seems that you are so lost that now is not the time to go on with this. It will be a long process and I must be patient but I have faith that eventually you can see the light. I think right now it is better to move on to less serious subjects before things heat up and the result is opposite of what I was hoping for. Let's lighten up the mood now and have some fun! (Retreat into myself, give interlocutor a brief glance.) "Perhaps it was a metaphor but I seriously doubt that. Well anyways I have to give it another look to confirm my view. How about we discuss this again at a better time? There is no need to hurry with this issue. Let's go eat something now! Evening is young, the food over there looks delicious and I'm hungry as a wolf!" (Grabs the other person's arm and moves towards the food table.)

Heh. Something like that.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my take on what generally happens.

INFj (thinks to herself Why do I even have to argue this point? It was half irony, half figure of speak and half wordplay. What's with the obsession with details? Aaa. Next thing I'll have to explain why I believe that gravity works. Hng. "Well, I'd say it's because..." How can I put this a way that it'll be more clear? It makes perfect sense inside my head. We must be in parallel universes." blah. blah blah blah. [quotes]."
    "But [another random detail]."
    INFj: Omg. Where is this coming from? This has nothing to do with what I said, it's about them. "Blah blah [diversion]."
    "No, because..."
    (Retreats into herself, gives interlocutor a brief glance.) "Ok..." (Moves on happily, without calling anyone a moron.)

And the special INTp version.

INFj: Blue.
    INTp: Green.
    INFj: Blue.
    INTp: Green.
    etc
    INFj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what INFp really is:
    Ni: Look at all of these pretty images!!! I want to understand you, capture your essence image
    To quote Jung
    This image fascinates the intuitive activity; it is arrested by it, and seeks to explore every detail of it. It holds fast to the vision, observing with the liveliest interest how the picture changes, unfolds further, and finally fades. In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extraverted sensation senses outer objects.
    Fe: And this is the means to do it. I'll be nice and friendly and polite and all those other stuff.

The recipient: Oh look somebody interested in me! Oh joy!!!
    *if the image is consumed, drained*
    How can you just walk away after all we've been through? You... never cared about me did you?

I just walk away, no second thoughts.
    The drama queen image presented is only when trying to get something I want.
    This is precisely my image of from reading the big functional descriptions, in fact, that was the image transmitted from snegledmaca's first deeper description of his thoughts some time ago.

How do other s relate to that?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast