Thread: The Prototypical INFp: WHO IS THIS YESENIN?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Prototypical INFp: WHO IS THIS YESENIN?

nt
    Last edited by Animal; 06-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got any links?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Yesenin, or the Russian protypes?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Russian protypes
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well a lot of the Russian descriptions will use them in lieu of the acronyms. I'm not sure the significance other than that they are supposed to be representatives of the types:

Don Quixote (ENTp)
    Alexandre Dumas (ISFp <- I'm not sure if they mean Dumas pere or Dumas fils)
    Victor Hugo (ESFj)
    Maximilien Robespierre (INTj)
    Hamlet (ENFj)
    Maxim Gorky (ISTj)
    Georgy Zhukov (ESTp)
    Alexander Yesenin (INFp)
    Jack London (ENTj)
    Theadore Dreiser (ISFj)
    Napoleon Bonaparte (ESFp)
    Honore de Balzac (INTp)
    Otto von Stierlitz (ESTj)
    Fyodor Dostoevsky (INFj)
    Aldous Huxley (ENFp)

I can't make out the ISTp one. It comes out as "Gaben" on Babelfsh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm glad you posted this, auvi! i love the russian prototypes, too. i will add that for ISFj, since not many people are familiar with theodore dreiser anymore, they have decided that j.d. salinger could be an alternate.

the ISTp prototype is jean gabin.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can anybody be a prodigy in poetry?

"yeah, he's definitely better at feeling than most, i-i-i-i'd even say he's a prodigy"
    asd

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm glad you posted this, auvi! i love the russian prototypes, too. i will add that for ISFj, since not many people are familiar with theodore dreiser anymore, they have decided that j.d. salinger could be an alternate.

the ISTp prototype is jean gabin.
    Ah, thanks. I Googled "Gaben" and nothing came up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    how can anybody be a prodigy in poetry?

"yeah, he's definitely better at feeling than most, i-i-i-i'd even say he's a prodigy"
    Don't rightly know.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Ah, well a lot of the Russian descriptions will use them in lieu of the acronyms. I'm not sure the significance other than that they are supposed to be representatives of the types:

Don Quixote (ENTp)
    Victor Hugo (ESFj)
    Hamlet (ENFj)
    Maxim Gorky (ISTj)
    Georgy Zhukov (ESTp)
    Alexander Yesenin (INFp)
    Jack London (ENTj)
    Theadore Dreiser (ISFj)
    Honore de Balzac (INTp)
    Fyodor Dostoevsky (INFj)
    Aldous Huxley (ENFp)

Napoleon is now most widely considered to be a "Zhukov," and not Aldous Huxley, but Thomas Henry Huxley, defender of rational science and evolution. I've written a similar description of Huxley on my site (celebrities section). Good job on Yesenin!

Creepy-pokeball

We should do each one. And by "do" I mean that we should post each name with a bio thingy.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Great post, Auvi!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Napoleon is now most widely considered to be a "Zhukov," and not Aldous Huxley, but Thomas Henry Huxley, defender of rational science and evolution. I've written a similar description of Huxley on my site (celebrities section). Good job on Yesenin!
    Ah, okay thanks! I sort of went through the list haphazardly just guesstimating the names Babelfish transliterated. Have they found a replacement for Napoleon, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    We should do each one. And by "do" I mean that we should post each name with a bio thingy.
    I was hoping others would be willing to do the one for their type. It's actually not as boring as it would seem, lol, and it was actually pretty fun finally finding out who Yesenin actually was.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, okay thanks! I sort of went through the list haphazardly just guesstimating the names Babelfish transliterated. Have they found a replacement for Napoleon, too?
    Yes they now use "Caesar" as in Gaius Julius Caesar the Dictator for , which I don't agree with personally.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this topic a lot. I decided to write one for the ISFp since we appear to have no active ISFps and every so often I find myself wondering if I might not be an ISFp after all.

This was written during a flight of insomnia, so it's not as of good quality as Baby's, but I made an attempt.

Background:

Alexander Dumas was a French writer and one of the most popular novelists of the 19th century. If you don't recognize the name (tsk tsk!) then you'll probably recognize his works which include The Three Musketeers, The Count of Monte Crisco, and The Man in the Iron Mask to name just a few.

His works are full of adventure and romance. They run thick with themes of justice. He took inspiration from his father, Thomas-Alexandre Dumas, who was a famous military general under Napoleon. Though he was a military governor and in the position to delegate military tasks to people of lower rank, he preferred to take on these difficult missions himself. He became best known though for his skills as a swordsman and his leadership in personal combat--his thirst for the battlefield was unquenchable. One might expect that his demise came on the battlefield but this was not the case. He was assigned to return to France. However, Mother Nature was not compliant with these plans and stormy weather forced the ship he was on to land in an enemy port where he became imprisoned. When he was finally set free he met bankruptcy and having fallen out of Napoleon's favor, had no commission in the army. Not to mention his health was not in the best of shape having been poisoned during his prison stay. He returned home to his wife and they gave birth to their second child, Alexandar Dumas. He died four years later, leaving his wife and children in poverty.

Needless to type, Alexandar Dumas was deeply inspired by accounts of his father’s life and they had great effect on his writing. His father had suffered injustice which instilled in Dumas a burning desire for justice and moral standards of right and wrong. These elements were always present in his stories, along with themes of disloyalty, abandonment, soldierly comradery, personal honor, and redemption.

The Man Himself

Once Dumas was an adult, he decided to leave poverty behind and move to Paris to try his luck at making a fortune there. He found a job in clerkship, which he acquired because of his beautiful handwriting. It was in Paris that he was introduced to Shakespearian dramas, of which he instantly became enamored. Inspired, he began to write plays and soon received his first public acclaim for his solo play Henry III and his court, which acted as a statement against the rules about what could be shown in theatres at the time. Having much success with his plays, he could finally afford to quit his day job and make writing a full time gig.

In the 1830’s, life in Paris had a rocky start for him. There were riots by infuriated Republicans and urban workers going on around him and he too became involved, helping fight for the side of Marquis de Lafayette. After the political scene quieted down, the nation began to industrialize, the economy improved, and press censorship came to an end, making this a very good time to be a writer.

With the help of secretaries and assistants, Dumas produced more novels than one man should practically be able to produce in the time span of one year. This raised the eyebrows of another writer, Eugene de Mirecourt who libelously criticized the author’s method of using assistants to write novels and referred to him unflatteringly as, “Alexandre Dumas and Co., manufacturers of romances”. Though he had his critics, he had an even larger fan base and was described by historian Michelet as being a force of nature.

In 1840, he married an actress named Ida Ferrier. However, being the striking man he was, with the round features that have come to characterize ISFps in Visual Identification, he was attractive to many ladies. Not a man of fidelity, he had many affairs and three illegitimate children.

Implications on ISFp as a Type

While Dumas financially prospered from his writing, the fella had trouble holding onto his money. He made a mess out of his finances with his sloppy managing and was frequently broke and in debt because of his hedonistic ways. He would lavishly spend money on women and good times. While he was passionate about politics and wanted to contribute to the political scene, he couldn’t because he was too busy hiding out from creditors half of the time!

He also spent a good chunk of change building a very beautiful home, the Chateau de Monte Cristo. He referred to it as “an earthly paradise”. It was not just a home, but might as well have been called a zoo too. In typical ISFp fashion, he hosted many animals in his home, both local and rare species alike.

He eventually was forced to give up his home because he had managed his finances so poorly that he could not afford to keep it.

When he did own it, there was an inscription over the entrance that read “I love those who love me.” This sums up his nature well; he was a generous man who had a wide social circle and frequently allowed strangers and acquaintances to stay in his home.

Full of charm, he knew how to attract people to him. Especially women—a free spirit, he enjoyed many romantic conquests. Both before and during his marriage.

He was a romantic fellow and when he spoke of himself, he often romanticized reality so much that people accused him of blending fiction with reality. To which Dumas replied that there was no dividing line between the real and the imaginary and he even bragged that he had “raised History to the dignity of the Novel”. (I was somewhat amused by this fact for I recall a thread in which the question, “Which type lies the most?” was posed. Many replied the ISFp and one user even commented, “Sometimes I wonder if they even know they are lying or if they actually believe their bullshit”)

Western Counterpart:

I've yet to think one up.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great work on Dumas, vague!

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that vague. That was great. Someday, I'll house rare animals in a big house, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Quixote (ENTp)
    Victor Hugo (ESFj)
    Hamlet (ENFj)
    Maxim Gorky (ISTj)
    Georgy Zhukov (ESTp)
    Alexander Yesenin (INFp)
    Jack London (ENTj)
    Theadore Dreiser (ISFj)
    Honore de Balzac (INTp)
    Fyodor Dostoevsky (INFj)
    Aldous Huxley (ENFp)

Acutally the ENFP one is Thomas Henry Huxley- Aldous Huxleys grandfather. He was an ugly old guy. I would like Aldous better even if he was a stoner
    http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/thuxley.html

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz

Don Quixote (ENTp)
    Victor Hugo (ESFj)
    Hamlet (ENFj)
    Maxim Gorky (ISTj)
    Georgy Zhukov (ESTp)
    Alexander Yesenin (INFp)
    Jack London (ENTj)
    Theadore Dreiser (ISFj)
    Honore de Balzac (INTp)
    Fyodor Dostoevsky (INFj)
    Aldous Huxley (ENFp)

Acutally the ENFP one is Thomas Henry Huxley- Aldous Huxleys grandfather. He was an ugly old guy. I would like Aldous better even if he was a stoner
    http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/thuxley.html
    (Pssst... see Rick's post above.) Thomas Henry looks like Ebenezer Scrooge.