0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

6 8.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of the types have you ever seriously considered as possible for yourself?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default How many of the types have you ever seriously considered as possible for yourself?

However you wish to qualify the question..I will answer myself so can you see what I mean. This turned out partly into a biography...maybe that in itself could be useful

In the dark days:
    LII
    ILE, EII
    ...at this time, seemed a poor relation of that I knew I either couldn't relate to, or that it was poorly defined as generally described. I knew I had a somewhat paradoxical personality in that I was naturally a very introverted person, and yet there was a part of me that could run completely contrary to that...to the external observer, this would be for short periods if at all (depending on the person\audience and also a seemingly random mood factor), or it would be for days or weeks at a time when I was filled with buoyancy). In actuality, except for periods of grave depression, the sense of engaging with others, whether living in the 19th century or joyfully telling a 'friend's girlfriend that she doesn't solely occupy his affections, rarely leaves me. And yet, as I say, I'm pathologically reserved and most of the time I'm far more interested in writing than arrangements like the beast of two backs.

later as I considered ILE and witnessed IEEs on this forum, it was naturally for to me also consider IEE.

...and IEI, which seemed the wrong sort of values and puzzling in comparison to SEI, which itself I knew to be unlikely despite those who thought this...because they simply did not understand the extent to which I'm one of the least earthly people you haven't met! It is possible around this time that someone or one or two people suggested ESE...I don't think I quite said 'bullshit' but I did say in the strongest words possible something to the effect of "I really do not think this is likely". In my defence, the historic use of 'really' was the same as that as 'actually'.

I currently consider myself EII.

So in summary, my answer to the question is that I've considered six types as somewhat feasible.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've looked at most of the types at some point or another, but I've only typed IEE, IEI, EII, and then ESI.

IEE was my original typing. I came in as an MBTI ENFP (which I have long since discarded), read a few of the types, and settled on IEE with others' backing. However, I still kept the dialogue open. Some people suggested EII, but I knew I could not be Rational or IJ. Shortly after joining the Socionics WS, I did some videos for Rick DeLong. His take from them, and from our conversation, was EII; when asked, he told me not to worry too much about the temperaments. Others (Niffweed and Expat, primarily), saw IEI. I think I actually did type IEI at one point. For a long time, I coasted on others' opinion of my type, but it did eventually become clear that I was valuing and not valuing. EII was always a bit hard to reconcile. I am an exceptionally mentally-focused person and not all that physically aware, but I'm also very territorial and focused on power (particularly making sure others do not have it over me and proving that if necessary), and I can be quite assertive when not worried about rejection. I also never identified with the Delta way of judging actions rather than people, and of seeing the potential in others for good and therefore not coming down on them too harshly. Niffweed's quadra pages were where I really started questioning, I think. I did eventually switch to ESI. Of course, it's not a perfect fit either, but it does allow for that part of me that isn't covered in Delta.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

ILI, EII, IEI.

No other types even felt remotely right. ILI was a contender the first couple of days here, since I had never heard of socionics before this site but I did know from MBTI and Keirsey (I paid for tests before I knew they were free) that I was INFJ so I thought EII was the translation into socionics but soon found it wasn't. I tried to adjust myself to an EII but it feels so wrong that I can not even give it anymore consideration. In the end I choose IEI and it is a comfortable fit, meaning, I don't feel any inner repulsion to having it as a "label" on this site.

Beta is the only quadra I really can identify with but I like mixed company in groups.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LII (sub?) 9w8 Sp/So
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came from MBTI and had difficulty deciding between INTP and INTJ. Once I figured out I was an INTP I assumed I would also be Ti-Ne in Socionics. I then confirmed it through type descriptions, IM descriptions, inter-type relationship descriptions, and Reinin dichotomies.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 or 110
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LIE, EIE, ESI, LSI, ILI and SLI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE or ILE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE or ILE
    ESE or EIE
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    ESE or EIE
    no
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII and LIE before I fully understood socionics.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEI, ESI, IEE-Fi, SEE-Fi, IEI.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just NT.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE, SLE, ILE
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how you don't seem absolutely sure about this unlike many who change their type, claim that it must surely be it, repeat.

However I would like to see you add a poll. Public enables people to call out one another making it a deterrent, private allows people to admit how often they changed their mind. I'd prefer public. It might not be able to do so but you can create a new thread or ask a moderator/admin.

I've played with three options.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII, ESI, IEE but I haven't typed myself anything other than EII for any extended period of time. ESI seems like a good fit superficially but LIE is not my dual.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI LII ILE IEE EII ILE Rince and repeat

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've only seriously considered EII and ESI.

i've given brief thought to most of the types excluding the Fe/Ti extroverts, considering Ip types in particular.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, SEI (very, very briefly), SLE, LSI, SEE (very, very briefly), LIE, SLI, LSE. Never any Fe dominant (not emotive, comfortable, or proactive enough in Fe matters), INxx (too comfortable using Se), or xNFx (too practical/pragmatic/literal) types.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to EII I've considered LII, (IEE, ESI)

In the beginning I thought LII>EII because of a few tests and descriptions NBS made me take/read. Ever since I actually learned about the theory, I've felt confident about EII. I never self-typed as IEE or ESI, but I've analysed them as possibilities as so many other people have typed me as IEE/ESI in the past.

Overall, I feel like the three (mis)typings actually support my EII-typing rather well;

- 25% of them are Delta, 25% Alpha, 25% Gamma, 0% Beta. This makes Delta seem likely, as it's the opposing quadra for Betas (that got no votes) and also has characteristics from both Alphas & Gammas, being in the middle of them.
    - I've been typed both as Ti/Ne dom and Ti/Ne polr; which makes me think I'm probably neither - people rarely get typed as their conflictor/supervisor/supervisee
    - 2/3 of the types (IEE, ESI) suggest I'm ethical
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, ESI) suggest I'm introverted
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, IEE) suggest I'm intuitive
    - 2/3 of the types (IEE, ESI) seem to suggest I have strong, valued Fi
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, IEE) seem to suggest I have strong, valued Ne
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, ESI) seem to suggest my temperament is IJ
    --> EII all the way
    Last edited by willekeurig; 03-29-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered many types: LII, LSI, LSE, SLI, IEE, ESI, EII, ILI, LIE

More seriously I considered: LII, LSI, ESI, LSE and SLI

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would never consider a logical type for myself, and find it irritating when others have tried pushing that onto me. It's like if they were telling a blind man he must have 20/20 vision because he managed to maneuver around a crowded room using his walking stick as his guide.

I value Si and Te too much to be anything but Delta. And the moment I read about NeFi with Ti polr and Se role I knew it fit. I could immediately see how so many of the things I struggled with were so simply described and/or implied.

So while I have casually, off-handedly looked at other type descriptions, I have only ever seriously seen NeFi as the best descriptor of how my mind works, pros and cons.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I would never consider a logical type for myself, and find it irritating when others have tried pushing that onto me. It's like if they were telling a blind man he must have 20/20 vision because he managed to maneuver around a crowded room using his walking stick as his guide.
    I wasn't the one who said that talking about relationships came unnaturally and was a learned skills.

I value Si and Te too much to be anything but Delta. And the moment I read about NeFi with Ti polr and Se role I knew it fit. I could immediately see how so many of the things I struggled with were so simply described and/or implied.
    You've demonstrated an impeccable skill of misinterpreting basic thought constructs, so no wonder you've found something where it doesn't exist. And being scatterbrained doesn't imply Ti PoLR.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW @Subteigh, considering me as your potential dual (LSE) would imply that you're probably not LII, as I'm most definitely not ESE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've always scored INFP in MBTI, so I should probably be EII by the functions in socionics. But I never saw myself in delta quadra or in the EII description, so I'm quite quite sure I'm IEI (which I score on all the socio test anyway, so I have no idea why I'm even questioning it The only other option really is EIE. I love betas and I want to fuck shit up hehe. If SLE's want to join me that would be ideal, but otherwise I will join them anyway
    Last edited by darya; 03-29-2014 at 12:19 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I love betas and I want to fuck shit up hehe.
    Beware of the Delta police, you never know where they await. Like it or not, order has to be preserved.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't the one who said that talking about relationships came unnaturally and was a learned skills.
    I never said you did.
    And I've never said that about myself.
    So your trolling failed.
    Buhbye.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the first mbti test when i knew absolutely nothing of MBTI or Socionics and was just given a link by a random passer by on myspace (remember those days!) straight to the first page of the test... I tested ENFP and hugely identified with the descriptions of that type. I forgot about after a brief flirtation and was reintroduced several years later (approx 4-5 years ago) quite by chance. I then looked further into it, joined a couple of sites and confirmed my ENFP-ness with further tests, research and interaction. Other types I have considered have always been due to others observations and myself looking into them because I like to absorb the information and if for no other reason I try to find what it is others identify in me that I do not see myself.

In more depressive states I most certainly identify more with introversion and because I have been pretty reclusive and internally focussed I more recently test as INFp but I already know enough to understand that I am ENFp.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I've never said that about myself.
    You're becoming senile.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're becoming senile.
    Eventually maybe, but not on what was quoted.
    If you believe otherwise, provide the direct link for proof so it can be reviewed if I did indeed claim that for myself.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This text ( you have to use google translate, its in russian) has helped me a lot.
    http://socionicasys.ru/biblioteka/st...samonabludenij

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Properties of fixation leads to the following inner feelings are typical for small functions and zones minus positive function :
    desire to keep;
    cutting (branch) from himself;
    I do not want to hear / know / see / feel, etc.;
    really want to hear / know / see / feel, etc.;
    it's mine! / It's not mine!
    feeling of inner barrier (the barrier is generally desirable in itself to probe all the time to monitor how it manifests itself in all functions);
    condition, if stared at the wall;
    feeling punching through something dense and viscous, etc.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This helps you identify your weak fonctions, I like the feeling like your punching through something dense and viscous, I am on the look-out for that feeling.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2 types

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, ILI
    LII
    ESI, EII

As an introvert I relate strongly to Jungian Ni and Fi. But I've gone through periods where I've identified with Jungian Ti as well. But the Ni and Fi always seems to be there, whereas my Ti seems to be more neurotic, something I do out of necessity, but don't like doing too much; and so I try to avoid it for the most part, especially in dealing with people.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    ^
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're becoming senile.
    what's worse is that she's already retarded (because she thinks she's IEE)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I like how you don't seem absolutely sure about this unlike many who change their type, claim that it must surely be it, repeat.

However I would like to see you add a poll. Public enables people to call out one another making it a deterrent, private allows people to admit how often they changed their mind. I'd prefer public. It might not be able to do so but you can create a new thread or ask a moderator/admin.

I've played with three options.
    I considered adding a poll (which I can still do), but I thought people would be too inclined to add joke answers and that if a person thought about the answer sufficiently to count them, it would just be best to post. I may add a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    In addition to EII I've considered LII, (IEE, ESI)

In the beginning I thought LII>EII because of a few tests and descriptions NBS made me take/read. Ever since I actually learned about the theory, I've felt confident about EII. I never self-typed as IEE or ESI, but I've analysed them as possibilities as so many other people have typed me as IEE/ESI in the past.

Overall, I feel like the three (mis)typings actually support my EII-typing rather well;

- 25% of them are Delta, 25% Alpha, 25% Gamma, 0% Beta. This makes Delta seem likely, as it's the opposing quadra for Betas (that got no votes) and also has characteristics from both Alphas & Gammas, being in the middle of them.
    - I've been typed both as Ti/Ne dom and Ti/Ne polr; which makes me think I'm probably neither - people rarely get typed as their conflictor/supervisor/supervisee
    - 2/3 of the types (IEE, ESI) suggest I'm ethical
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, ESI) suggest I'm introverted
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, IEE) suggest I'm intuitive
    - 2/3 of the types (IEE, ESI) seem to suggest I have strong, valued Fi
    - 2/3 of the types (LII, IEE) seem to suggest I have strong, valued Ne

--> EII all the way
    if I follow that method, I get IEI.

FWIW @Subteigh, considering me as your potential dual (LSE) would imply that you're probably not LII, as I'm most definitely not ESE.
    Perhaps there is some truth in that, but perhaps it's simply the case that LSE is far more likely for you than ESE. I just can't say that if tomorrow, I think my type is LII, that my opinions on other people's types will change.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII and ESI have been the two main contenders. In fact, they still are, though I lean ESI > EII.

I've considered SEI, IEI, and IEE too, but nope, they never did actually ring true.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    Your reasoning here reminds of Krig's thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mon-Mistypings

You sure you're not LII? : P
    Heh, yeah. It feels wrong to say I have "weak & unvalued" Ti tho, as I hardly ever have any trouble using/following it when needed, and I quite like it too (just not to the same extent I like Fi&Te).
    Not that I think you'd necessarily have to _like_ the functions you value - self-hatred actually gets you street cred in Finland - but having ESE for a dual was the final deal breaker for me. They're just gross. (<---see, I'm using Fi)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast