Thread: Decisive Depression

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Decisive Depression

What are decisive types like when going through a rut? How do they differ from judicious types in this respect?
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-27-2014 at 05:34 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, i don't think you're going to get an answer with this question. It could be quantifiable in this respect, but its a pretty precise question that can only be answered through personal experience. I doubt any studies have been done on this topic.

Ni/Se
    Si/Ne

Ni is melancholic and Se aggressive. I think what may set the decisives apart is that they are either a calm comfortable sad, or completely focused outwards directing anger towards very particular objects/people. But that may just be the beta irrationals.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Sometimes I don't realize I am depressed until I decide I need to do something about the way I am feeling. Then it will hit me that I was depressed. I asked my doctor how can I tell the difference, when I am depressed or if I am just being overly introverted and her answer surprised me. She said sometimes you can't. I am not talking about the obviously sad crying depression. I am talking about times when you don't want to be bothered by outside influences. You just want to wallow in your own thoughts and feelings without interruption and work it out yourself.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"