Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Do you have a will?

The figures for the number of people (in the US at least) are that around 30 to 50% of people get a will done before their timely demise.

I currently do not need to make a will and feel no inclination to do so because 1) I do not object to the current line of inheritance and 2) I am not feeling warm enough to make bequests to anyone\anything anyway - if I die, I die, and will remain cold. But apparently not writing a will could delay the moneygrubbing process due to vagaries that arise from not being certain if there is a will.

On the opposite side of all this, one of my uncles is...what my mother used to call (I believe) "a philanthropist" with a strong level of disgust...an apparently a clever and disturbing way of stating that he is a frightful queer. As someone who is probably unlikely to have descendants, I should of course be kinder towards him!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was just thinking about this the other day. but i don't think i have enuf wealth/stuff for it to be really worth the effort.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It posits that all my possessions go to the 16 types forum as a subsidy for self-assement-research!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell those in your will that you've changed it to not include them. avoid suffering a premature "accident" while they keep you alive in the hopes you'll change your mind. agatha christie: intj btw.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    tell those in your will that you've changed it to not include them. avoid suffering a premature "accident" while they keep you alive in the hopes you'll change your mind. agatha christie: intj btw.
    IP temperament for Agatha, Si valuing, mute, shy, confident command of Se when necessary. Ne seeking. Easily and happily adapted to primitive living conditions on her husbands archeological digs in a way that an LII would not have. A servant remarked that it was good to have her on the digs, because she laughed at everything. SEI, I think.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i was just thinking about this the other day. but i don't think i have enuf wealth/stuff for it to be really worth the effort.
    I think if a will makes it easier for survivors and helps avoid the trouble and expense of court proceedings, then it is worth it. You can get them off the internet or just write one yourself.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't die, SubT. We need you.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    IP temperament for Agatha, Si valuing, mute, shy, confident command of Se when necessary. Ne seeking. Easily and happily adapted to primitive living conditions on her husbands archeological digs in a way that an LII would not have. A servant remarked that it was good to have her on the digs, because she laughed at everything. SEI, I think.
    i disagree

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    intjs can certainly be shy and mute like many introverts. alpha nts can easily adapt to primitive living conditions: this is actually a crucial component of ne descriptions. some intj descriptions go even further by claiming that intjs "train" by exposing themselves to the elements. i can see how these traits apply to alphas in general though.

now let's enjoy watching her esfjs, which are a source of endless fascination.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've seen LII dangling naked from goats during Winter in Kilimanjaro.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the people involved honor your wishes enough, you don't have to go through the legislation jungle but just make a public statement.

My mother basically said to me and brother that we should kill her if she becomes too demented.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    My mother basically said to me and brother that we should kill her if she becomes too demented.
    could you do it?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could you do it?
    I don't participate in illegal activities.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I've been thinking about this recently. Not that I have enough money to really justify it, but eh, whatevs.

edit: yeah, so basically what lungs said.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the forum title as "Do you have a Wii?"

I need sleep. Disregard my vote.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    intjs can certainly be shy and mute like many introverts. alpha nts can easily adapt to primitive living conditions: this is actually a crucial component of ne descriptions. some intj descriptions go even further by claiming that intjs "train" by exposing themselves to the elements. i can see how these traits apply to alphas in general though.

now let's enjoy watching her esfjs, which are a source of endless fascination.

I will consider your interesting theory with my little grey cells, mon ami.