Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: What is my type? (questionnaire from other forum)

  1. #1

    Default What is my type? (questionnaire from other forum)

    So, I decided to share my answers to a questionnaire from another site which seems to have a dead socionics subforum where no one responds in the hope that someone can give a good interpretation of my answers that would lead to the assignment of a socionics type. I am not well-read when it comes to socionics, so I would like a good, complete and (above all) clear interpretation, if someone could provide me with that. Please do not give me just the type itself, but also the interpretation that led you to assign that type.

    Thank you!

    1. What is beauty? What is love?

    Beauty exists in the apprehension of the sublime, which is a subjective experience that is characterized by its universality (despite its subjectivity); when you have an aesthetic experience, i.e. an experience of the sublime, you believe that everyone should judge the object of your experience as an exalted, higher, beautiful or 'sacred' object. If you do not believe that everyone should accept the beauty of the object of your experience, then you cannot be said to have an experience of something beautiful, but then you can only be said to have an experience of something likable or agreeable to your constitution. The beautiful is something that makes you realize, perhaps only upon reflection, that it has a universal value that goes beyond the sort of value that is a result of one's personal taste or preference, so to say. Coincidentally, this is why most modern art is not really art, because it is made to appeal to just some group or other; not to everyone.

    Love is more difficult to define, because it is multifaceted and has, among other things, physiological, psychological, cultural and intellectual aspects. However, I think it is safe to say that love has to do with a certain kind of unconditional commitment to the object of one's love, but I do not think I can say much more than that in a general definition. What I exclude from the concept of love is conditional love, though; no such love exists. One cannot say, for example, "I will love you until/unless/while/if [condition a]," because love is something that comes with an unconditional commitment to something or someone; when that commitment disappears, the love itself ceases to exist.

    2. What are your most important values?

    Honesty, (discursive) rationality or reasonableness, love, justice and (self-)respect.

    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

    Not particularly. I can be said to be religious in an old-fashioned sense that is bound to be misunderstood, which has something to do with a certain poetic or aesthetic attitude towards life. However, I do not believe in any deity or personal god, and I have a great intellectual contempt of monotheism, or any religion that reifies its god(s) for that matter. So, in the modern sense of the word, I am an irreligious person (read: an atheist).

    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

    War is bound to occur between peoples with conflicting goals or values. I believe that to fight for one's values can be good and honorable, but it is still to be avoided unless fighting is the only conceivable way to keep your values alive, and it can only be good and honorable to fight for one's values if these values agree with some rational standard. However, most of the time one should avoid war and conflict and be content with what one has. To fight for anything less than rational values that can only be saved through conflict, is one of the worst barbarities one could commit, I think, but I am also not a pacifist. The military is simply a means to the end of fighting for one's values; armies could, in principle, be completely disbanded if there was nothing worth fighting for.

    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

    Philosophy, philosophy and philosophy.

    (Yes, philosophy is even the short answer to the 'Why?' question, because philosophy justifies itself; there is no such thing as too much philosophy.)

    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

    Not at all. Max Stirner once wrote that a man must fall in love with his body and the actual spheres of action in which he operates, which is a remark that I find puzzling. In fact, if I could live without my body, I probably would; provided that this does not entail the loss of any values or capacities that are important to me. It is regrettable that in anything I do or value, I am apparently dependent on my body.

    7. What do you think of daily chores?

    They are usually boring and I do not like to be reminded of them.

    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

    Books:
    -'The World as Will and Representation', by Arthur Schopenhauer
    -'Thus Spoke Zarathustra', by Friedrich Nietzsche
    -'Moby-Dick; or, The Whale', by Herman Melville
    -'The History of Walter Pieterse', by Multatuli
    -'Enchiridion', by Epictetus

    Films:
    -The Matrix
    -Cloud Atlas
    -Any film made by Stanley Kubrick
    -1900/Novecento
    -Psycho

    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

    Things that made me cry: thoughts of losing people and things precious to me. Certain profound works of art. I do not think I can or should produce the reasons for this.

    Things that made me smile: all sorts of little perfections; smiles of children, innocence, beauty, but also little imperfections, such as people making a faux pas or saying or doing incongruent things. I do not think I can or should produce the reasons for this.

    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

    Usually I feel especially comfortable in tranquil and quiet places, but I feel at home in many places. I always feel alienated in places that have an artificial and busy vibe about them, including nightclubs and certain workplaces.

    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

    People think my relentlessness in debates and my social blind spots are my weaknesses. I do not particularly dislike things about myself, but I think it would be good for me if I was not as lazy and scatter-brained about my daily activities and I also believe that I should (perhaps) learn to be more sociable, although I am not sure whether that would really do me any good.

    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

    People have told me that they like my honesty. I can always be relied on to give impartial accounts of events and rational feedback. I like many things about myself, but most of all I like my own way of thinking; I really do feel that my thoughts tend to be richer than those expressed by others around me, even if this is just an illusion, and I greatly enjoy my own stream of thoughts. It is like listening to a symphony, and when the thoughts are ugly and do not fall into their proper place, I feel as frustrated as I would feel if I were listening to a really bad rendition of my favorite overture.

    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

    None, if possible.

    14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

    I used to, but that was long ago and I cannot remember its exact causes. I imagine that the cause was boredom and a lack of focus in my life; I think people are always the cause of their own boredom and lack of focus, so I think I was just thinking in the wrong way about what I was doing or trying to do. My reaction was to find my resolution and stick with it.

    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

    I get along with quiet, thoughtful people or people who are serious in other ways, besides being quiet and thoughtful. I hate people who do not take themselves or others seriously, they seem to lack personality and purpose to me. I also dislike people who do things 'just because'. If you have no design in mind, then how can you live well?

    16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

    Having a healthy romantic/sexual life can be a great gift, but it is not necessary for leading a good life. I have always thought of sex as a potentially very spiritual and deeply satisfying activity, but it can also be pleasurable in a purely sensual way. However, romances can also bring you down if you are not careful. You should always ask whether or not your heart is still in a relationship; if you are merely in a relationship because it is convenient or a matter of habit, then you are doing something wrong. But if you really find that you still do care about your relationship and your partner, then romance and sex can only be good, valuable things to have in your life.

    17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

    I would want it to be happy and autonomous, but above all I would like to educate the child; make it a more beautiful and responsible person, who is able to handle the important trials and tribulations of life. I believe in what the Germans call Bildung, which is something like a general education that makes the person as a whole better and which can even be seen as the point of philosophy itself, depending on what one's conception of philosophy is.

    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

    Inward reaction: "Why would (s)he think that? That is evidently wrong!"

    Outward reaction: I would try to get to know why (s)he made that claim and I would want to get him/her to justify it or back it up with some kind of evidence or argument.

    19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

    Society is a model of complex relationships between actual people in my head, so my relationship to it is as that of a model-maker to a model. There are of course these actual people and their relationships and interconnections, but that is not what we refer to when we speak about 'society'.

    I consider a lack of reflection, solidarity and shared purposes/values to be a prevalent major social problem, and I think that people should do more in order to understand each other and work together.

    20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

    I have never consciously chosen my friends. I just found myself in friendly relationships; I grow into them. I behave very differently around different friends, but I tend to be more jovial and witty around them than I usually am around other people.

    21. How do you behave around strangers?

    I either behave very reserved or I am very assertive around strangers, depending on what the situation requires of me, but I tend to be business-like around them. I am also more likely to be reserved than assertive in most cases.
    Last edited by Incorruptible; 03-26-2014 at 12:22 AM.

  2. #2
    akjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTj? very artsy and intuitive. obviously lacking in

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    INTj? very artsy and intuitive. obviously lacking in
    Yes, that I have almost no in me is clear to me as well. And LII-INTj does seem to describe me accurately, but do you have any decisive reasons to type me as an INTj as opposed to another type with high intuition and almost no extraverted sensing? Or is INTj simply your best guess?

  4. #4
    akjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    Yes, that I have almost no in me is clear to me as well. And LII-INTj does seem to describe me accurately, but do you have any decisive reasons to type me as an INTj as opposed to another type with high intuition and almost no extraverted sensing? Or is INTj simply your best guess?
    i see preference for logic, but not factual, useful logic. subjective, what you find interesting logic as well as being extremely open minded. just seems very INTj to me

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type can not be assessed from such questions

  6. #6
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    1,515
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFj

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Type can not be assessed from such questions

    Thank you for responding. What is a reliable alternative, then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    INFj
    Thanks. Do you have any specific reasons to type me as INFj?

  8. #8
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    1,515
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    Thanks.
    you're welcome.

    Do you have any specific reasons to type me as INFj?
    I don't like you.

  9. #9
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    1,515
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    btw...I don't like a lot of people, but I dislike you in the way that I dislike all INFj.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I don't like you.
    This is not very constructive, nor is it a very clear or insightful reason; even if you dislike all INFjs in a similar way.

  11. #11
    akjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    This is not very constructive, nor is it a very clear or insightful reason; even if you dislike all INFjs in a similar way.
    he thinks you're his conflicting type lol

  12. #12
    akjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what about INFp? have you considered? fairly sure theres a decent intuitive bent here, esp. with regards to seeing "spirituality" in sex, that's not very sensing dominant. I know types can see sex as spiritual.

  13. #13
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    you're interesting. as i was reading i got an Ne creative impression just based on all the people i've thought of as Ne creative over time and how you are similar (you remind me of @Subteigh). other things like an impression of asking>declaring and how you say you don't consciously choose friends and you have a business like demeanor etc. make me think LII.

  14. #14
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    This is not very constructive, nor is it a very clear or insightful reason; even if you dislike all INFjs in a similar way.
    Don't pay attention to the "haters" I am surprised he bothered to add he didn't like all INFj.

    I could see you as EII from your responses as well but I am not picking up intuition as a particularly strong function in you. I am leaning toward, ESI and that is purely an impression so I have no explanation really.

    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=ESI

    and I agree with @lungs that you have a similar... energy... to Subteigh.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  15. #15
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    what about INFp? have you considered? fairly sure theres a decent intuitive bent here, esp. with regards to seeing "spirituality" in sex, that's not very sensing dominant. I know types can see sex as spiritual.
    He did not set off my IEI radar...not even a blip.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    what about INFp? have you considered? fairly sure theres a decent intuitive bent here, esp. with regards to seeing "spirituality" in sex, that's not very sensing dominant. I know types can see sex as spiritual.
    It is funny that you mention that, because the INFp type is (besides the INTj type), the type I have considered most seriously. And you are not the first person to suggest that I might be an INFp, so it is an interesting suggestion. However, the INFps I personally know seem strange to me in certain ways. For example, I have an INFp friend, and although I respect her a lot, she just seems like the sort of person I refuse to be. She sees things I do not see and she operates in social spheres that are alien to me; moreover, she thinks in ways that I could never justify to myself if I were her, but yet I always feel that I understand her and could be like her if I had made different choices. So, it might also be a personal difference between me and her, instead of a difference in personality type.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you're interesting. as i was reading i got an Ne creative impression just based on all the people i've thought of as Ne creative over time and how you are similar (you remind me of @Subteigh). other things like an impression of asking>declaring and how you say you don't consciously choose friends and you have a business like demeanor etc. make me think LII.
    Thank you. That is to say: I hope that being interesting is a good thing, but it certainly sounds that way to me. So, I will just take it as a compliment.

    I am leaning towards INTj myself, although INFp is a serious contender as well. But it are exactly my social roles and experiences, which you mentioned as well, that lead me to believe that INTj might be a better fit than INFp. Not that I do not believe that there are INFps with similar social roles and experiences, but they seem to indicate INTj nonetheless.

    Also, could you elaborate about the likeness between me and Subteigh? I do not know him/her, so your and @Aylen's observations are all the more fascinating to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I could see you as EII from your responses as well but I am not picking up intuition as a particularly strong function in you. I am leaning toward, ESI and that is purely an impression so I have no explanation really.
    It's not impossible, but I deem it unlikely. I simply do not think of myself as a sensor. I am not in tune with my body and I simply do not care about the concrete spheres of action in which I operate, which is why I found Stirner's philosophy so puzzling as well. I also do not care about material wealth, nor do I seek to influence my physical environment as much as most others. So, akjohnny was probably right when he thought that I was "obviously lacking in ".
    Last edited by Incorruptible; 03-28-2014 at 12:30 AM.

  17. #17
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    It is funny that you mention that, because the INFp type is (besides the INTj type), the type I have considered most seriously. And you are not the first person to suggest that I might be an INFp, so it is an interesting suggestion. However, the INFps I personally know seem strange to me in certain ways. For example, I have an INFp friend, and although I respect her a lot, she just seems like the sort of person I refuse to be. She sees things I do not see and she operates in social spheres that are alien to me; moreover, she thinks in ways that I could never justify to myself if I were her, but yet I always feel that I understand her and could be like her if I had made different choices. So, it might also be a personal difference between me and her, instead of a difference in personality type.

    Thank you. That is to say: I hope that being interesting is a good thing, but it certainly sounds that way to me. So, I will just take it as a compliment.

    I am leaning towards INTj myself, although INFp is a serious contender as well. But it are exactly my social roles and experiences, which you mentioned as well, that lead me to believe that INTj might be a better fit than INFp. Not that I do not believe that there are INFps with similar social roles and experiences, but they seem to indicate INTj nonetheless.

    Also, could you elaborate about the likeness between me and Subteigh? I do not know him/her, so your and @Aylen's observations are all the more fascinating to me.

    It's not impossible, but I deem it unlikely. I simply do not think of myself as a sensor. I am not in tune with my body and I simply do not care about the concrete spheres of action in which I operate, which is why I found Stirner's philosophy so puzzling as well. I also do not care about material wealth, nor do I seek to influence my physical environment as much as most others. So, akjohnny was probably right when he thought that I was "obviously lacking in ".
    Subteigh is EII I believe and IEI - EII are quasi-identity.

    Welcome to the site...not sure if I said that yet.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Subteigh is EII I believe and IEI - EII are quasi-identity.

    Welcome to the site...not sure if I said that yet.
    Thank you! It is always nice to have a warm welcome.

  19. #19
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    Thank you! It is always nice to have a warm welcome.
    You're welcome and I have this feeling you would vibe best with Delta or Gamma quadras from your questionnaire

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  20. #20
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    INTj? very artsy and intuitive. obviously lacking in
    I wouldn't say lacking.


    as a creative (2nd) function (LSI and ESI)

    The individual takes direct action to accomplish his goals and desires in the face of external obstacles, and also the interests of his close friends, family, or associates. This may involve prodding others to take necessary action, deliberately applying pressure in specific situations, or abruptly taking on an organizational role. The individual does not generally seek out confrontation, but he is also not afraid of it.
    He takes his responsibilities seriously and tends to perform them diligently and with care. He expects the same of others.


    Edit: My perception based primarily on his answers to questions 11-21 and his response to kill4.

    Edit2: Meet Subteigh
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-28-2014 at 02:38 AM.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  21. #21
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
    Thank you for responding. What is a reliable alternative, then?
    To learn about what the functions mean and how they assess information. Then, you may ask your mother about which one she thinks you do.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    To learn about what the functions mean and how they assess information. Then, you may ask your mother about which one she thinks you do.

    Right. So, you think there is little room for an interpersonal approach within the hermeneutic framework of socionics? It boils down to an introspective, first person standpoint process of categorizing and labeling information processing mechanisms and experiences? Is that the message you want to convey?


    If so, then why do you think that interaction with others impedes this process? You seem rather touchy about it, but I really do not see any reason for you to have this attitude. Your method is perfectly compatible with mine, for as far as I can tell; unless you want to argue that feedback from others is necessarily an impediment to the process of typing oneself. Is that what you want to argue? If so, then give me reasons; if not, then please stop bothering me with your passive-aggressive attitude

  23. #23
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default hello hello :D

    @Incorruptible, welcome aboard!

    Based on what I've seen so far, your writings come off incredibly similarly to Subteigh's, and those who I have typed as SLE didn't exactly greet you with the warmest of welcomes. I've got enough here for me to go EII for you, but my verdict ain't law or anything, so yep, feel free to say hi to us all in the chatbox or hop on into the TinyChat whenever it's fired up (I fucked my days and nights up as far as my sleep patterns go, it's gonna be a long journey out of that hell).

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    LII not EII >(

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    sorry . I actually agree with a couple of points. Yes we think similarly about beauty and sublime what a coincidence. And yet this questionaire is very Ti kind of detachment and rationality. Kant had his theory about the sublime too. I maintain my opinion that it's Ne and Ti.

  26. #26
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The person who wrote the original post is probably EII-Ne Enneagram 5 (Sexual last instinct, which may intensify the impression of "dryness" ...compared to a user like Within who is LII E5 Sx/sp and that lends type a streak of "Feeling").

    There is a resemblance of Ti ...but it's either an act, or something taken as a challenge >> a LII adopting a picture of Robespierre as their pet avatar, oh really?


    The OP has considerable social awareness (and "activity", so to speak) for a LII ...both in discourse and in concrete interaction with ppl.

    Besides I see a lot of highly abstracted, "intellectualized Fi" in this above all:

    Beauty exists in the apprehension of the sublime, which is a subjective experience that is characterized by its universality (despite its subjectivity); when you have an aesthetic experience, i.e. an experience of the sublime, you believe that everyone should judge the object of your experience as an exalted, higher, beautiful or 'sacred' object. If you do not believe that everyone should accept the beauty of the object of your experience, then you cannot be said to have an experience of something beautiful, but then you can only be said to have an experience of something likable or agreeable to your constitution. The beautiful is something that makes you realize, perhaps only upon reflection, that it has a universal value that goes beyond the sort of value that is a result of one's personal taste or preference, so to say. Coincidentally, this is why most modern art is not really art, because it is made to appeal to just some group or other; not to everyone.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-14-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •