Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: So I filled out the questionnaire...

  1. #1
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default So I filled out the questionnaire...

    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is truth. It is that which is sublime, it is that which is mystical, it is that which is eternal and ineffable, and its perception is entirely subjective.
    Love is what we feel when we perceive things of beauty.


    What are your most important values?
    Personal interests and personal integrity.


    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I believe in a god because it seems closed-minded not to do so.


    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Sometimes violence is necessary. To me, power is the ability to achieve your goals.


    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Personal beliefs and proper procedures.
    I'm interested in a lot of things.


    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I'm interested in being healthy, but I'm not so interested in talking about it.


    What do you think of daily chores?
    I despise them.


    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Too many.


    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I never cry. I smile when I hear a clever joke.


    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging
    When I'm with friends.


    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Inconsistency, carelessness, tactlessness, and laziness.


    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Sharpness, insightfulness, sensibility, and practicality.


    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I don't know what to do with my life.


    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. See aforementioned weaknesses for the causes. My reaction has so far been lackluster.


    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Demanding, bossy, jerk-ish, and selfish. I get along with people who are nice to me.


    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Not so into romance, but definitely into sex. I'm looking for a sexy partner who is smart and strong.


    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My chief concern is that they be sensible and civilized. I can't stand poorly-behaved children.


    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My immediate reaction would be to ask some probing questions.


    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see myself as an observer, and I consider a preoccupation with trivial things to be the primary societal ill.


    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I hang out with people who I can trust and who are easy and pleasant to talk to.


    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm usually shy and somewhat wary.

  2. #2
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    LS or SL type you kept it concise but vague. You are not comfortable sharing too much since you find it hard to trust right away. Already what I suspected but I will get to the bottom of this.

    I think it is safe to scratch LSE as an option but you never know.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  3. #3
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    LS or SL type you kept it concise but vague. You are not comfortable sharing too much since you find it hard to trust right away. Already what I suspected but I will get to the bottom of this.

    I think it is safe to scratch LSE as an option but you never know.
    keep digging!

  4. #4
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's one of a clearly arranged questionnaire. I'm used to reading novels, when it comes to those questionnaires and sometimes I feel too lazy to read through them, because some people already take off to an alternate universe filled with fluffy, pink unicorns and rainbows and flowers in the first question - and I cannot always follow.

    Let's look into this:

    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I don't know what to do with my life.
    => Lack of Ni, need for Ni. Ni is probably part of the super-id, either suggestive or mobilizing function.

    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Sometimes violence is necessary. To me, power is the ability to achieve your goals.
    => Points to Se-valuing. I guess, Se is part of your ego.

    I cannot really decide between Te/Fi and Fe/Ti, because I think your answers are too short for that.
    Can you e.g. elaborate on that:

    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My immediate reaction would be to ask some probing questions.
    Because right know, I'm even leaning towards saying it's Te and Fi. And I would put you into the Gamma quadra... which would make you an SEE or ESI.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  5. #5
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    keep digging!
    Oy ye, of so little information....Ok like right now I would imagine, if we were face to face, you would be wearing a bit of a pokerface in an attempt to hide your amusement ...in order to make me prove my skillz. But that could be because i just woke from a weird dream where that scenario was occurring and I am projecting it onto you. Coffee first, then some digging to follow!

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  6. #6
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    That's one of a clearly arranged questionnaire. I'm used to reading novels, when it comes to those questionnaires and sometimes I feel too lazy to read through them, because some people already take off to an alternate universe filled with fluffy, pink unicorns and rainbows and flowers in the first question - and I cannot always follow.

    => Lack of Ni, need for Ni. Ni is probably part of the super-id, either suggestive or mobilizing function.

    => Points to Se-valuing. I guess, Se is part of your ego.
    I cannot really decide between Te/Fi and Fe/Ti, because I think your answers are too short for that.
    Can you e.g. elaborate on that:

    Because right know, I'm even leaning towards saying it's Te and Fi. And I would put you into the Gamma quadra... which would make you an SEE or ESI.
    I definitely value concision, lol.

    So uncertainty with regards to one's life direction has to do with Ni?

    So is violence an Se thing? I'm not necessarily promoting violence, by the way. I think it's necessary in certain situations but I would avoid resorting to it if possible.

    I could definitely see Te and Fi for myself, although I'm not sure if I'm Gamma or Delta. Do you think I'm a thinker or do you think I'm a feeler?

  7. #7
    Nevero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a couple of your replies could mean that you're searching for Fe from others, to make the situation more friendly and comfortable for you, and that you value intuition>sensing, ENTp?

  8. #8
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    My way of typing may seem illogical because I base things on my intuition, past experience (your other thread and how we interacted) as well as any future possibilities (is this person going to be challenging my beliefs in the future, heh) so it is kinda random and I am not one to get down to the details but I will try to make some sense There is a method to my madness.
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is truth. It is that which is sublime, it is that which is mystical, it is that which is eternal and ineffable, and its perception is entirely subjective.
    Love is what we feel when we perceive things of beauty.
    This answer seems logical and sensing to me. It does not convey emotion but it does have a feel of, for me, that you use sensing to experience beauty. I also feel beauty is subjective but it evokes an emotion in me...sometimes overwhelming emotion. Have you experienced strong emotion through what you perceive to be beauty?
    What are your most important values?
    Personal interests and personal integrity.
    You listed personal interests first...any particular reason why? I believe there are some types who value personal interests highly but I am not familiar enough with all the types to say which. Personal integrity... I just like that one regardless of the type and any type can value integrity, I think.
    Maybe I would chalk this answer up to logical over ethical. hmmm
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I believe in a god because it seems closed-minded not to do so.
    Also a logical answer...but shows you are open-minded. I consider myself agnostic which I think is also open-minded. You also say "a god" not, I believe in god, so that is open to interpretation on many levels but I won't ask you, yet, what that means.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Personal beliefs and proper procedures.
    I'm interested in a lot of things.
    Vague, vague, all vague! hahaha But I just want to put this in an SL category. Throw me a bone here, give me one personal interest and one personal belief?
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Sometimes violence is necessary. To me, power is the ability to achieve your goals.
    Some kind of LS or SL here. A logical answer nothing particularly ethical in response.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I'm interested in being healthy, but I'm not so interested in talking about it.
    This makes sense for a logical or sensing type and the fact that you are not interested in talking about it seems to have something to do with "trust issues". I dunno. Would you talk about it with someone you trust? Or are you more likely to keep any health issues to yourself and deal with them silently? Heh just trying to probe a little here...
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I despise them.
    Despise is a harsh word...is it really that bad? I dislike any chores but I know somethings will not be done for me. I just listen to music and try to get it done quickly but often get fixated on doing them perfect...like not a spot on anything. I have lightened up a little. Do you want things done perfectly? I'm just digging here...humor me.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Too many.
    Awww, come on give me a genre at least. something?
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I never cry. I smile when I hear a clever joke.
    So from your concise answers I am getting that you are not very emotionally expressive at all. Do you ever express anger or resistance to others in a strong way? Can you devastate the competition? hahah Inquiring minds... I find logical and perhaps some sensing types find it easier to to express some kind of anger more freely than other emotions. They seem more controlled with other emotions. Do you ever cry, inside? What do you consider "clever"? I also appreciate "cleverness" but we may have totally different perceptions of clever. Only answer what you feel comfortable sharing.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging
    When I'm with friends.
    AHA! No self respecting introvert would say this so logically I am going to say you lean toward extrovert. What kind of things do you do with friends...is light hearted, deep and soulful or do you like to stir up some trouble? Wild or reserved get togethers or anything in between?
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I don't know what to do with my life.
    I am hearing this a lot lately from all types. This is a hard one because people need to find some inspiration and motivation in order to find a direction. I am going to ask this but don't feel like you have to answer...what inspires you? For me it is music, art poetry, a supportive friend telling me to get off my ass and do something instead of dreaming about it.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Sharpness, insightfulness, sensibility, and practicality.
    I find this answer to be logical and sensing but not sure which comes first. By sharpness do you mean like you have a sharp edge to you that you use to cut through and discern.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I don't know what to do with my life.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. See aforementioned weaknesses for the causes. My reaction has so far been lackluster.
    See my answer above about inspiration and motivation. This song comes to mind when I read this.



    No people I am not hitting on him/her. It is symbolic which makes me want to ask. Are you male or female? You might have said already but I missed it but your answers are vague. You say 'partner" instead of man/women. Your energy feels masculine. I like that you are "forcing" me to rely on my intuition.

    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Demanding, bossy, jerk-ish, and selfish. I get along with people who are nice to me.
    Ooh now we may be getting somewhere. This feels like you oppose/resist people who try to tell you what to do. Do you resist authority? Do you want to be in charge when you are motivated or do you want to be a supportive influence to "management" sts? This also shows that you are polite and friendly to people who treat you with kindness and respect. How do you react to people who are not nice to you?
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Not so into romance, but definitely into sex. I'm looking for a sexy partner who is smart and strong.
    SL....strong... you want someone low maintenance?
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My chief concern is that they be sensible and civilized. I can't stand poorly-behaved children.
    To me this is a SL or LS answer but could also be an ethical thing. I can relate to not wanting to be around wild children. Do they overload your senses? Make you annoyed? Do you want to "spank" their parents for being irresponsible? hahah sorta kidding.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My immediate reaction would be to ask some probing questions.
    This can be both a logical and sensing response. You say your "reaction" not "response". To me a response would be more logical than a reaction but I may be reading too much into you choice of words.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see myself as an observer, and I consider a preoccupation with trivial things to be the primary societal ill.

    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I hang out with people who I can trust and who are easy and pleasant to talk to.

    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm usually shy and somewhat wary.
    I won't even touch on these except to say that this seems to be all about trust issues generally, which you already know.

    Whew! I finished. Now keep in mind none of this may be technically accurate since I am using intuition primarily and my own brand of logic (patent pending) to answer. I could have looked things up to check for accuracy but that would not have been fun for me at the moment. My conclusion: The jury is still out...But you have consistently responded in both logical and sensing ways according to my interpretation of socionics. Being inconsistent I believe I just read about that somewhere but it was a quick scan so I didn't retain the context.

    Anyway it is a beautiful rainy day here and i love the rain...Thanks for letting me "dig". I am curious to see your response.
    And at the end of all this digging I say to you...
     







    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  9. #9
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    I definitely value concision, lol.

    So uncertainty with regards to one's life direction has to do with Ni?

    So is violence an Se thing? I'm not necessarily promoting violence, by the way. I think it's necessary in certain situations but I would avoid resorting to it if possible.

    I could definitely see Te and Fi for myself, although I'm not sure if I'm Gamma or Delta. Do you think I'm a thinker or do you think I'm a feeler?
    I wouldn't necessarily call violence an Se-thing. I focused more on the second part of your statement which reminded me of determination and willpower.
    Ni on the other hand is associated with vision of the future. It enforces you to have a direction of where you are heading in your life, a vision, a long-term goal. I think, you are searching for that.

    I can honestly not tell whether you are more of a thinker or a feeler. :/ It's so hard to tell from a questionaire.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  10. #10
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call violence an Se-thing. I focused more on the second part of your statement which reminded me of determination and willpower.
    Ni on the other hand is associated with vision of the future. It enforces you to have a direction of where you are heading in your life, a vision, a long-term goal. I think, you are searching for that.

    I can honestly not tell whether you are more of a thinker or a feeler. :/ It's so hard to tell from a questionaire.
    I think I read somewhere that SLI types can be driven to actual physical violence...Out of frustration I suppose but not the only type who would resort to violence which is evident in the world. The only time I could see myself violent is in self defense, especially of people I care for. I think it depends on the level of mental health. I don't think I have ever instigated a real "fight" with someone. Some types instigate intentionally it seems while other indirectly instigate. I guess I am not opposed to violence. I watch violent movies and listen to violent songs...I have no clue what I rambling about now. It made sense when I started but another thought distracted me.

    Re: thinking vs feeling to me, in this context, that is either logical or sensing. Not connected to feeling emotionally. This is just how I interpret it .

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  11. #11
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    - My way of typing may seem illogical because I base things on my intuition, past experience (your other thread and how we interacted) as well as any future possibilities (is this person going to be challenging my beliefs in the future, heh) so it is kinda random and I am not one to get down to the details but I will try to make some sense There is a method to my madness.

    This answer seems logical and sensing to me. It does not convey emotion but it does have a feel of, for me, that you use sensing to experience beauty. I also feel beauty is subjective but it evokes an emotion in me...sometimes overwhelming emotion. Have you experienced strong emotion through what you perceive to be beauty?

    You listed personal interests first...any particular reason why? I believe there are some types who value personal interests highly but I am not familiar enough with all the types to say which. Personal integrity... I just like that one regardless of the type and any type can value integrity, I think.
    Maybe I would chalk this answer up to logical over ethical. hmmm

    Also a logical answer...but shows you are open-minded. I consider myself agnostic which I think is also open-minded. You also say "a god" not, I believe in god, so that is open to interpretation on many levels but I won't ask you, yet, what that means.

    Vague, vague, all vague! hahaha But I just want to put this in an SL category. Throw me a bone here, give me one personal interest and one personal belief?

    Some kind of LS or SL here. A logical answer nothing particularly ethical in response.

    This makes sense for a logical or sensing type and the fact that you are not interested in talking about it seems to have something to do with "trust issues". I dunno. Would you talk about it with someone you trust? Or are you more likely to keep any health issues to yourself and deal with them silently? Heh just trying to probe a little here...

    Despise is a harsh word...is it really that bad? I dislike any chores but I know somethings will not be done for me. I just listen to music and try to get it done quickly but often get fixated on doing them perfect...like not a spot on anything. I have lightened up a little. Do you want things done perfectly? I'm just digging here...humor me.

    Awww, come on give me a genre at least. something?

    So from your concise answers I am getting that you are not very emotionally expressive at all. Do you ever express anger or resistance to others in a strong way? Can you devastate the competition? hahah Inquiring minds... I find logical and perhaps some sensing types find it easier to to express some kind of anger more freely than other emotions. They seem more controlled with other emotions. Do you ever cry, inside? What do you consider "clever"? I also appreciate "cleverness" but we may have totally different perceptions of clever. Only answer what you feel comfortable sharing.

    AHA! No self respecting introvert would say this so logically I am going to say you lean toward extrovert. What kind of things do you do with friends...is light hearted, deep and soulful or do you like to stir up some trouble? Wild or reserved get togethers or anything in between?

    I am hearing this a lot lately from all types. This is a hard one because people need to find some inspiration and motivation in order to find a direction. I am going to ask this but don't feel like you have to answer...what inspires you? For me it is music, art poetry, a supportive friend telling me to get off my ass and do something instead of dreaming about it.

    I find this answer to be logical and sensing but not sure which comes first. By sharpness do you mean like you have a sharp edge to you that you use to cut through and discern.

    See my answer above about inspiration and motivation. This song comes to mind when I read this.



    No people I am not hitting on him/her. It is symbolic which makes me want to ask. Are you male or female? You might have said already but I missed it but your answers are vague. You say 'partner" instead of man/women. Your energy feels masculine. I like that you are "forcing" me to rely on my intuition.


    Ooh now we may be getting somewhere. This feels like you oppose/resist people who try to tell you what to do. Do you resist authority? Do you want to be in charge when you are motivated or do you want to be a supportive influence to "management" sts? This also shows that you are polite and friendly to people who treat you with kindness and respect. How do you react to people who are not nice to you?

    SL....strong... you want someone low maintenance?

    To me this is a SL or LS answer but could also be an ethical thing. I can relate to not wanting to be around wild children. Do they overload your senses? Make you annoyed? Do you want to "spank" their parents for being irresponsible? hahah sorta kidding.

    This can be both a logical and sensing response. You say your "reaction" not "response". To me a response would be more logical than a reaction but I may be reading too much into you choice of words.

    I won't even touch on these except to say that this seems to be all about trust issues generally, which you already know.

    Whew! I finished. Now keep in mind none of this may be technically accurate since I am using intuition primarily and my own brand of logic (patent pending) to answer. I could have looked things up to check for accuracy but that would not have been fun for me at the moment. My conclusion: The jury is still out...But you have consistently responded in both logical and sensing ways according to my interpretation of socionics. Being inconsistent I believe I just read about that somewhere but it was a quick scan so I didn't retain the context.

    Anyway it is a beautiful rainy day here and i love the rain...Thanks for letting me "dig". I am curious to see your response.
    And at the end of all this digging I say to you...
    Typing seems to be an unscientific and inexact process anyway, so I have no problem with your method

    I have definitely experienced strong emotions while perceiving things of beauty, especially when those things are beautiful women But seriously, I do experience a certain 'spiritual' kind of feeling when I'm out in nature.

    I listed 'personal interests' first because I think 'personal interests' encompass a lot of things.

    I believe in a sort of greater force but not in a personal god, and I'm not sure if god is something that can be properly talked about in words.

    An example of a personal interest is playing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64, and an example of a personal belief is the inherent worth of all living things.

    Are you still thinking I'm a logical and sensing type?

    I would love to have someone I trust enough to talk about health issues with. Honestly, I worry a lot about my health, so much so that I think I might be a hypochondriac. No joke.

    When it comes to household chores, I'm not very thorough lol. I understand that despise is a strong word, and that's exactly why I used it

    My favorite films are probably Boogie Nights, The Departed, and Full Metal Jacket. Boogie Nights because it made me realize the importance of family, The Departed because of its immersive world and atypical ending, and Full Metal Jacket because it's just brilliant. Full Metal Jacket has an excellent ending scene as well.


    I rarely express anger or resistance to others, instead preferring to seethe in silence. I do enjoy devastating the competition. It's difficult to say what I consider 'clever.' When someone makes a funnily-worded and accurate remark about a situation or person, I guess I would consider that 'clever.' I really enjoy observational humor.

    When I'm with friends I don't enjoy stirring up trouble. I'd rather just hang out in a comfortable, peaceful environment and shoot the shit, or maybe engage in some mildly competitive activity like video games or sports.

    What inspires me? Seeing people do work, especially when they're doing excellent work. I guess I am rather competitive.

    Your understanding of 'sharpness' is exactly what I meant

    I don't want to be in charge, I would much rather fill the role of 'valuable support.' And I react very strongly when people aren't nice to me, although I rarely show it. I feel angry and, frankly, hurt inside.

    lol yes, I badly want to chastise the parents of misbehaved children because their loud, obnoxious kids annoy the fuck out of me! 'Overload my senses' is right!


    Sorry for taking forever to respond to your post. Continue digging, maybe you'll find some gold!

  12. #12
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh I will! Now I have more to work with.



    Edit: you said one thing that makes me want to say ILI and forget the rest but that wouldn't be any fun. But I now have ILI in my head and can't shake it.

    It is a word you used that my step-dad always said and he was ILI without a doubt.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-11-2014 at 09:55 AM.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •