Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Which political tribe are you?

This test is focussed on British politics, but I guess is generally applicable.

Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26689333

test: http://populuslive.spss-asp.com/ASP/...ric&ismobile=n

This is a link to a pdf that explains the results\research in more detail but you probably won't be interested:
    http://www.populus.co.uk/wp-content/...l-Britain1.pdf

The six categories really reflect distinct types of personality rather than necessarily anything political, but no doubt the two have some link.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mine:
    Comfortable Nostalgia = 0%
    Hard-pressed Anxiety = 0%
    Cosmopolitan Critics = 18%
    Calm Persistence = 82%
    Optimistic Contentment = 0%
    Long-term Despair = 0%

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probability of membership

Comfortable Nostalgia = 0%
    Hard-pressed Anxiety = 0%
    Cosmopolitan Critics = 0%
    Calm Persistence = 2%
    Optimistic Contentment = 98%
    Long-term Despair = 0%
    Main Segment = Optimistic Contentment

Confident & comfortable, they are more highly educated, of a higher social grade & have higher incomes than the other groups. They are patient, prudent & tolerant but also think Britain is a soft touch. They believe people can get on if they work hard & that too much is expected from government

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you requested, Lord. Now you can pass this info to the police, so they can arrest me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfortable Nostalgia = 0%Hard-pressed Anxiety = 0%Cosmopolitan Critics = 0%Calm Persistence = 0%Optimistic Contentment = 100%Long-term Despair = 0%
    Main Segment = Optimistic Contentment

Confident & comfortable, they are more highly educated, of a higher social grade & have higher incomes than the other groups. They are patient, prudent & tolerant but also think Britain is a soft touch. They believe people can get on if they work hard & that too much is expected from government

I'm very working class, I haven't yet gone to university, i'm better off than most people my age through a mixture of luck and just thinking outside the box I guess.

I think people expect too much from government in that they expect it too fix all of their problems and prevent everything bad from happening. But I'm a big fan of the state and public services. I think this box implies middle class ignorance which I have to stress isn't me...
    Last edited by Ainfigur; 03-23-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I'm a brit btw