Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Today's Lesson

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Today's Lesson

    What is to "superimpose" cognitively?

    superimpose-home.jpg

    What is cognitive "framework"?

    soccerthing.jpg

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  3. #3
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have no clue as to what this lesson is about but I have had cognitive therapy...very helpful.

    What is to "superimpose" cognitively?
    My response to your question would be to knowingly add dimension, layers, skills to one's personality....yes that is my answer...know what you are doing and why.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we understand Si as layers of subjective images, then should Ni be layers of subjective connections? What about Fi and Ti?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm highly inclined to say that Fi is subjective layers of self and what defines The Empath's (EII) need to limit narcissism in their children.

  6. #6
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post
    I'm highly inclined to say that Fi is subjective layers of self and what defines The Empath's (EII) need to limit narcissism in their children.
    what???

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    what???
    Ok. So this is where this conclusion is coming from... my conclusion is not something that I've created or conjured up on my own, because I lack Fi (obviously). What has occurred to me is actually a battle that has chosen me, if you will - words summarized and used from one of Lorde's songs.





    "Glory And Gore"

    [Verse 1:]
    There's a humming in the restless summer air
    And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
    But in all chaos, there is calculation
    Dropping glasses just to hear them break
    You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't)
    Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure)
    It's clear that someone's gotta go
    We mean it but I promise we're not mean

    [Pre-Chorus:]
    And the cry goes out
    They lose their minds for us
    And how it plays out
    Now we're in the ring
    And we're coming for blood

    [Chorus:]
    You could try and take us (oh-oh)
    But we're the gladiators (Oh! Oh!)
    Everyone a rager (oh-oh)
    But secretly they're saviors
    Glory and gore go hand in hand
    That's why we're making headlines (Oh! Oh!)
    You could try and take us (oh-oh)
    But victory's contagious

    [Verse 2:]
    Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
    God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
    Chance is the only game I play with, baby
    We let our battles choose us

    [Pre-Chorus]

    [Chorus]

    [Bridge:]
    No-one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed
    The sun's starting to light up when we're walking home
    Tired little laughs, gold-lie promises, we'll always win at this
    I don't ever think about death
    It's alright if you do, it's fine
    We gladiate but I guess we're really fighting ourselves
    Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes
    Wide awake in bed, words in my brain,
    "Secretly you love this do you even wanna go free?"
    Let me in the ring, I'll show you what that big word means

    [Chorus]



    A long, long time ago in a far away land, my boyfriend (ILI) complained that his mother (EII) did not give him very many skills to survive in the real world like my mother (LII) had given me (IEI). My mother (LII) was tough on me, however, and she valued others who were tough. She even wanted her boss to be tough on her group at work! In addition to a lack of life skills (my boyfriend's words), their mother did not give a single dime to him or his siblings in order to begin their adult lives, whereas, my mother provided me with health insurance, car insurance, and my own cell phone within our family cell phone plan. My mother also provided financial support whenever I didn't have the means to help myself.

    So there are essentially two approaches going on here: you either get enough to get you started and then to keep you afloat (to prevent you from falling essentially) or you get nothing and develop the strength to do it on your own from the start (you start from the bottom and build up yourself).

    "Intolerance to narcissism: Although kind and often very tolerant of others, empaths do not like to be around overly egotistical people, who put themselves first and refuse to consider another's feelings or points of view other than their own." - http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/...of-empath.html

    "EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.
    ...
    One of the largest complaints of EIIs revolve around the idea of "wasted potential." A lot of their neuroses, and "drive", come from fears that they are not achieving the maximum possible ideal in a certain field or area of life. Unlike IEEs, though, EIIs consider "leveraging potential" more in terms of depth - mastery of one or several specific areas - rather than breadth."
    - http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/EII-INFj/

    "INTjs have a very characteristic tendency to independence and can only accept a whole freedom. In work matters they combine their need for freedom with a feeling of responsibility." - http://www.socionics.com/prof/intj.htm


    Oh, and if you remember InvisibleJim writing in the shoutbox that he wanted his employees to drive themselves, you will see the possibility of him being LII after all...
    Last edited by IBTL; 04-24-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Thanks Jim!

  8. #8
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who is this ImagineJim and what have you done to @InvisibleJim ??? Tell me! I'll find you InJim even though you are invisible! They will not get away with this, I promise you shall get your justice!

    [me so silly]

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Who is this ImagineJim and what have you done to @InvisibleJim ??? Tell me! I'll find you InJim even though you are invisible! They will not get away with this, I promise you shall get your justice!
    Haha... sorry. You're the "j" no doubt! I probably would have gotten his entire name right had the shoutbox not been purged, because I would have verified it, but it was great and silly nonetheless!

  10. #10
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post
    Haha... sorry. You're the "j" no doubt! I probably would have gotten his entire name right had the shoutbox not been purged, because I would have verified it, but it was great and silly nonetheless!


    My ILI military trained step-dad, used to tell me to double check my facts and if I didn't have them straight to keep my mouth shut. He was hard on me but I loved him for it. Just what I needed, which points back to my response to your first post in this thread.

    Have no clue as to what this lesson is about but I have had cognitive therapy...very helpful.


    What is to "superimpose" cognitively?

    My response to your question would be to knowingly add dimension, layers, skills to one's personality....yes that is my answer...know what you are doing and why.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-24-2014 at 08:06 PM.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post


    My ILI military trained step-dad, used to tell me to double check my facts and if I didn't have them straight to keep my mouth shut. He was hard on me but I loved him for it. Just what I needed, which points back to my response to your first post in this thread.
    I just had to get my words out and establish the pattern that was playing out right before my eyes, you know? I definitely value fact checking too. I do it all the time, and it's almost an obsession to tell you the truth, although specific dates and times are not so relevant to me unless they provide value somehow. I want to know event-related action.

    Yes. Layering adds dimensionality. Oh the curse of [explaining] dimensionality...

    Aylen's a smartie tartie!
    Last edited by IBTL; 04-24-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: to specify

  12. #12
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep, me too to pretty much everything you say above. That is why I needed his help in some areas. He was too strict in others and I told him so.

    My longest romantic relationship was with an ILI who was very similar to my dad and he took over where my dad left off. heh

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  13. #13
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uh oh. Now I've done it.

  14. #14
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,893
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Uh oh. Now I've done it.
    It was really kinda sweet that she called you "ImagineJim". Lifer was that a Freudian slip? *giggles*

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It was really kinda sweet that she called you "ImagineJim". Lifer was that a Freudian slip? *giggles*
    Right.

    I think I might have even called him that before to be honest. He's not invisible at all, though, so I can't process the contradiction... I guess?

    Maybe he feels invisible? But don't we all sometimes?

    Oh, and I totally imagine that he looks like Bono (or Sting), but C Pig says that he doesn't look like Bono. So I'm conflicted about that too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •