Thread: INTj or ISTp?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj or ISTp?

Having trouble deciding between the two, figured maybe i could rule the alpha quadrant out by posting here seeing if i'm familiar or not. my gf is ESFj and i've posted an intro thread. could use some help! the profile descriptions make it hard to decide between the two especially since socionics has such broad definitions of and that seem like they can be used interchangeably.

here's my questionaire with pics:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...57#post1007057

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I love Fantasy soundtracks.

I was reading about quasi-identity last night and it seemed to ring a bell, sts, to what you posted about your mom and you. a lot of this got bolded and that was not intentional. Just the way it formatted after logging me out.
    If you are LII http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Kindred If you are SLI... http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...uasi-identical

What do you think of daily chores?I think that they do need to get done at some point, but for the most part I wish they'd make a robot that would take out the trash and unload the dishwasher, etc. My ISTJ mom really is a stickler for chores, she will push and push until it gets done by her standards. I usually want to leave them for a while, why does it matter if they get done in 4 hours instead of immediately?
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.Yes... I've found a constant clash with my ISTJ mother who feels it's her "duty" and "obligation" to mother me into my early 20s. I'm almost done with my bachelor's degree in psyc, but have struggled to find my path and what interests me. She has felt it has been hell trying to get me to pick a "solid direction" and stick with it and has caused her a lot of strife (I feel like she causes it herself, but its her own values). Anyway, I quit my job that I hated after 3 and 1/2 years and have not been able to find one since - caused a lot of issues esp. with privacy, my choices in who I spend time with, times I go out, etc.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?I like friends who support my choices and decisions. My mother (ISTJ) is very dictative and seems to question everything I do which I find annoying.
    Quasi-identity is an intertype relation between two people from opposing quadras who have similar, but not identical functions, and no suggestive influence over the other. Partners typically have a lot to say about the same kinds of topics (as do, typically, any members of a single club), and their conversations gravitate to these common spheres of interest, but they take entirely different approaches to every subject. They both take note of the same phenomena, but describe and analyze them in completely different terms that the other finds interesting, but completely unsatisfying. This is because the language and approach of one partner's leading function corresponds to the strong, but undervalued demonstrative function of the other. Each partner tends to be impressed with the other's skillful use of his leading function, which they perceive more as a "performance" (due to their own attitudes toward their demonstrative function) than a sincere and honest expression.
    In closer interaction, partners' instincts are to want to correct the other person's approach and redefine the issues in completely different language. This leads to a feeling of being under-appreciated by the other. Partners are easily drawn into quite personal conversations because of the sense that the other person can relate to them, but this psychological intimacy can easily disappear without a trace when aggravation about something the other person does finally boils over and partners allow themselves to express dissatisfaction with the other. This can lead to disappointment and a feeling of betrayal of trust or lack of loyalty when partners suddenly don't want to be around each other or maintain the relationship anymore because it drains them.
    While generally sympathetic towards each other and sharing many of the same weaknesses, quasi-identicals are almost unable to offer meaningful assistance on a personal level, and quickly become annoyed with each other's expectations, if any. Furthermore, the solutions to their emotional or personal problems are always radically different.
    These relations are well suited for friendships or partnerships, but they are not very favorable for very close relationships. There is a desire to understand your quasi-identical partner, to aid him, to provide him with your advice. His views and methods seem rather unusual and interesting. This inspires to many discussions and also disagreements, however, there is usually a desire to find a compromise. Upon closing of the distance, a minor quarrel can quickly upset these relations, especially when someone's personal interests have been threatened. Quasi-identical types often have the same sphere of interests but see things from different angles. There are difficulties in understanding and inability to acknowledge interests of one another. In collaboration, differences in approaches lead to a desire to move away from your quasi-identical partner and do everything in your own way separately from him. Each partner prefers to go his own way, without accepting opinions and experiences of the other. Due to this, both of them start feeling that they cannot fully rely on one another. It seems your quasi-identical partner can easily leave you in a difficult moment, but usually these suspicions are unfounded.

"Adult" – "self-confident teenager". This interaction resembles mirror relations. Attempts to correct partner, though frequent, almost never reach the degree of complete "discrediting". Partners can argue sometimes for hours, not coming to a consensus, but, nevertheless, obtaining some interesting information along the way, and thus they become imbued with respect for each other. This happens not always but often enough. Cooperation is easy, partners often help each other out. Quasi-identicals are usually positively predisposed towards one another. Though they lack the ability to see each other's point of view, this rarely leads to serious conflicts. Their behavior towards each other for the most part is quite amiable. "Unsure teen" - "child." The second seems a bit rude sometimes, but rarely malicious and selfish. If partners are not dualized, their relations are, of course, more difficult. Problems in this scenario strongly resemble the interaction of extinguishment, though there is less of a desire to find fault with each other.

These relations are characterized by the fact that living together or interacting closely it is virtually impossible to have serious fights. However, this type of relations gives rise to many smaller disputes which take up a lot of time and energy and are futile, but can last indefinitely. There is never a winner in these disputes. In this type of relations, it is impossible to prove anything to each other. When this type of relationship transpires between two ethical types, their lives will be full of stormy emotions and passion, while between two logical types these relations are more calm, but also full of of tension and insincerity.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm question do these things still apply though i was labeling her an ISTJ, thats mbti. in socionics she'd be either ESTj or ISTp right?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    hmm question do these things still apply though i was labeling her an ISTJ, thats mbti. in socionics she'd be either ESTj or ISTp right?
    Um, I haven't even gone there yet. I am INFJ in MBTI. I see the connection to my socionics type but I haven't looked into other types. I think there are some experts here.

You could check out the LSI description to get an idea if that is her type.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSI

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Damn I think my mother is LSI Even though she is illiterate in English. She can read and write in Greek though. So an uneducated LSI.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Damn I think my mother is LSI Even though she is illiterate in English. She can read and write in Greek though. So an uneducated LSI.
    haha thats funny, yup so is mine. that description fits perfect, thanks. very interesting to know how it works with the "systems" and their logic. kind of confusing a bit, but its true they basically make value judgements against institutions like how the government isn't keep up with something or the abundance of illegal aliens and wellfare abusees.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I say destroy all borders...freedom to live and work wherever you want but it won't happen in my lifetime.

YWIMW

Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    Though the opinions range from "they're exactly the same" to "completely different systems, don't even try", I think ISTJ and LSI are pretty compatible typings. The "quick-convert" doesn't really work because the two systems posit different functional/element content, and map behaviors and motivations to functions differently.