Thread: Lorde

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post

Just to add to "why" I "understand" that she's ILI, she has a good sense of direction. Whenever we were all lost in the French Quarter, she knew which way was the right way to go while very intoxicated. That's Te, I believe. My ILI boyfriend is the same way... it's always "why are you going that way?" As Ni-IEI, I really couldn't care which way I go so long as I get to where I need to go. SLI's have a great sense of direction too! Supposedly they never forget their way around places that they've been...

I never understood people who *don't* get lost on the way to the supermarket. That's Te? Interesting...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I never understood people who *don't* get lost on the way to the supermarket. That's Te? Interesting...
    Hehehehehehe

Te = "to know"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add to "why" I "understand" that she's ILI, she has a good sense of direction. Whenever we were all lost in the French Quarter, she knew which way was the right way to go while very intoxicated. That's Te, I believe. My ILI boyfriend is the same way... it's always "why are you going that way?" As Ni-IEI, I really couldn't care which way I go so long as I get to where I need to go. SLI's have a great sense of direction too! Supposedly they never forget their way around places that they've been...
    She's ILI because she has a good sense of direction, and your boyfriend is ILI because he too has a good sense of direction, and ILI in general has a good sense of direction because your sister and your boyfriend are both ILI and they both have good senses of direction?

I'm actually starting to wonder if your sister might be LIE. My LIE bro has an IEI mom, and she kicked him out of the house when he was 18 because he was too "angry" and "violent"; he's actually not violent at all, and he rarely gets angry.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehehehehe

Te = "to know"
    Te = "Explicit Object Dynamics", or "what things ​do"

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    She's ILI because she has a good sense of direction, and your boyfriend is ILI because he too has a good sense of direction, and ILI in general has a good sense of direction because your sister and your boyfriend are both ILI and they both have good senses of direction?

I'm actually starting to wonder if your sister might be LIE. My LIE bro has an IEI mom, and she kicked him out of the house when he was 18 because he was too "angry" and "violent"; he's actually not violent at all, and he rarely gets angry.
    He's a pseudo-aggressor and her supervisor. It probably made for a crazy, backwards relationship.

If he's LIE and not violent at all and rarely get angry, then why would my sister act violent and angry towards her mother, aunt, sister, boyfriend, and at least one other girl that resulted in her stepping out of a wedding (like not being in the wedding party at all) if she's LIE?

My best friend and coworker are LIE. I call them my "bestie bosses".

I wish I could give you all of the information that I know about her but conversations rarely work that way...
    Last edited by IBTL; 03-18-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you seen the video that we talked about? ILI is out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    and anyone who seems slightly socially awkward and not overly smiley must be LII, okay.
    you are just being passive aggressive out of personal reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Radio
    please don't link perC or typeC or any other shitty MBTI forum again.
    who are you to decide what is shitty and what is not?

I think the guy interviewing her might be IEE, and I think the guy sitting across from her might be SLE.
    No idea about the interview guy but I read the stereotypical SLE guy as EIE, if he would be easily typed SLE for what would we need new Socionics insights in the first place when there is nothing to get?

Seriously though, listen to the exchange @ 00:35

The dude sitting across from her is criticizing her the entire time.
    I knew something was bothering me, one of many points.

There's an ILI pharmacist at work who spouts "it's logic" or "it's not logical" day in and day out, so I would tend to believe that Te values "logic".
    ILIs are Ni dominant so they are about what makes sense and not like you describe it here.

perhaps she is SLE, cuz that's the vibe I got

she's too sexy, bright, and "presence-making" to be ILI IMO
    well I disagree on the Se part - could be Ne at least there is too much intuition going on there
    Last edited by Zero11; 03-18-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe that's what I said
    i know, i'm just pointing out how ridiculous you sounded. countering your generalization with my generalization.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    you are just being passive aggressive out of personal reasons
    not really, i like Kenneth Chesney/JoBlo. i was making a point about how generalizations are stupid and i've typed many artistically inclined people not-IEI.

who are you to decide what is shitty and what is not?
    i don't speak for anyone but myself :s shitty for me, not anyone else. you're pretty Fe-valuing for an ILI.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i don't speak for anyone but myself :s shitty for me, not anyone else. you're pretty Fe-valuing for an ILI.
    I am just unusual active on the topic of interest on the internet which usually never comes out this way. Very non-strategically defensive against all the unfair Fe here with the head first.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just unusual active on the topic of interest on the internet which usually never comes out this way. Very non-strategically defensive against all the unfair Fe here with the head first.
    you're dead right, there is a lot of Fe around these parts

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea about the interview guy but I read the stereotypical SLE guy as EIE, if he would be easily typed SLE for what would we need new Socionics insights in the first place when there is nothing to get?
    How do you read him as EIE?

I knew something was bothering me, one of many points.
    For sure dude, he is giving her shit the entire time. I think she hit his Fi-PoLR when she said, "my dad said he was proud of you" and he responded with "well I didn't have a dad". He then says, "I like your dress" to her, and she has no idea what he means.

well I disagree on the Se part - could be Ne at least there is too much intuition going on there
    Where do you see intuition? Just in the fact that she did so well on the LSAT?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a pseudo-aggressor and her supervisor. It probably made for a crazy, backwards relationship.
    Absolutely. I think he still harbors a great deal of resentment toward her, and I think he projects that resentment onto other people. He's awesome though; he can be a major dick but most of the time it's really funny.

If he's LIE and not violent at all and rarely get angry, then why would my sister act violent and angry towards her mother, aunt, sister, boyfriend, and at least one other girl that resulted in her stepping out of a wedding (like not being in the wedding party at all) if she's LIE?
    Because in my friend's mom's mind, he is violent and angry, but in my mind, he is neither. It's all about perception.

My best friend and coworker are LIE. I call them my "bestie bosses".
    That's because LIE is the shit. They are an unbelievably capable type; they can get anything done, and they do a damn good job.

I wish I could give you all of the information that I know about her but conversations rarely work that way...
    omg I'd love it if you provided more information. By the way, are you sure you aren't EII? You seem good-natured and not-annoying; I've found IEI to be good-natured but extremely annoying (like Maritsa )

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wasn't giving her shit. There was obviously some hidden communications going on between them. Initially I thought a mutual attraction while trying to keep some distance due to her young age. Why would her father feel proud for a complete stranger? Obviously he's not a complete stranger and her and her father consider him at least a potentially close acquaintance. He may have been rebuffing her, but he wasn't giving her shit. He and the other lady are both concerned for her for her sudden success, gently raising warning signals to her and testing out how well she might be able to handle the problems they foresee.

Lol, but then there's also the possibility that she had thrown a fit of some kind off stage (possibly about a dress/outfit?? lol) and they were being cautious and distancing themselves while being civil. But this doesn't explain the father's pride in the guy.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    He wasn't giving her shit. There was obviously some hidden communications going on between them. Initially I thought a mutual attraction while trying to keep some distance due to her young age. Why would her father feel proud for a complete stranger? Obviously he's not a complete stranger and her and her father consider him at least a potentially close acquaintance. He may have been rebuffing her, but he wasn't giving her shit. He and the other lady are both concerned for her for her sudden success, gently raising warning signals to her and testing out how well she might be able to handle the problems they foresee.
    lol, you're blind

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you read him as EIE?
    take a look:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nufauu3m4z...ctors%2001.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ie05bszse...ctors%2002.jpg

For sure dude, he is giving her shit the entire time. I think she hit his Fi-PoLR when she said, "my dad said he was proud of you" and he responded with "well I didn't have a dad". He then says, "I like your dress" to her, and she has no idea what he means.
    I just thought they were communicating Fe to Fe

Where do you see intuition? Just in the fact that she did so well on the LSAT?
    She looks a bit like Tori Spelling and well I associate Sensation more with few stuff to interpret on and she changed much on the pictures.
    Last edited by Zero11; 05-02-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this shows me is that you've got a bunch of actors typed EIE.

I just thought they were communicating Fe to Fe
    The tone of his voice, his posture, and the look in his eyes all suggest to me that he feels immensely disdainful toward her, and I think she can sense that. When he says, "how sweet, I didn't have a dad and now I have yours to feel proud of me", he's being sarcastic. That was a very biting comment, and you can see her shake her head in frustration at it, as if to say, "what am I doing wrong?"

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, you're blind
    I suspect you're oblivious.

Just from a simple search so far,

The man has promoted her app which contains her writings: http://www.refinery29.com/2014/01/61...ite-apps-songs

And tweeted out about her Royals video before it became popular:http://www.3news.co.nz/Jared-Leto-on...3/Default.aspx

This is far from disdain towards her.
    Why would you think he disdains her? What is it about her that you think he can't stand?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect you're oblivious.

Just from a simple search so far,

The man has promoted her app which contains her writings: http://www.refinery29.com/2014/01/61...ite-apps-songs

And tweeted out about her Royals video before it became popular:http://www.3news.co.nz/Jared-Leto-on...3/Default.aspx
    so fucking what? it's called "business"

and of course you would look for some external evidence of positive relations between them, you being LII and all

What is it about her that you think he can't stand?

HER

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so fucking what? it's called "business"

and of course you would look for some external evidence of positive relations between them, you being LII and all

HER[/COLOR]
    He has no reason to promote her. He got no benefits from it.
    According to you, he took one look at her when they first met and immediately disdained her for no reason?

Btw, Looking for external evidence is a Te thing, which is IEE's hidden agenda and mobilizing function, and is LII's ignoring function.

So...seeking external evidence via their actions (Te) regarding how they feel about each other (Fi).
    I asked, i showed, you refused.
    You fail at Te HA and Fi creative.
    I suspect you are Ti/Fe valuing. Thank you for showing your thinking process so clearly in this thread.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has no reason to promote her. He got no benefits from it.
    so are you like his agent or something?

According to you, he took one look at her when they first met and immediately disdained her for no reason?
    oh, there's a reason; I just don't know what it is. All I can sense is how he feels.

Btw, Looking for external evidence is a Te thing
    No, Te is simply "what objects do". "Looking for external evidence" in general is NTR, but in your case you're "looking for external evidence of positive relations", and that is straight-up Fe.

I suspect you are Ti/Fe valuing.
    For an "en-tee", you sure are dumb. I suggest you work on your self-awareness.

I'll tell you what: find your way to Michigan and I'll introduce you to Alonna, my female-SLE coworker. I'd love to watch you wriggle and squirm underneath her super-critical lens.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, Looking for external evidence is a Te thing,
    fucking wrong or should I say you took it too literally, such a Te description is just a useless non-existing one-functional being

I suspect you are Ti/Fe valuing. Thank you for showing your thinking process so clearly in this thread.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HereticWacey View Post
    Her weirdness is going to make her popular. I just think she needs some kind of music talent and not rely on weirdness alone, ie: gaga.
    Are you suggesting that Lady Gaga is better than Lorde?

Lorde has a better vocal range and her song writing is actually quite sophisticated from what I can tell. Lady Gaga is vapid.

This coming from someone who doesn't particularly like either Gaga's or Lorde's music.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

To qualify as weird, an artiste should be original and individualistic. Lady Gaga is a huge phoney while Lorde is as great as a 17-year-old pop star can be.

I think people are overegging her level of uncomfortableness. Even 'extroverted' thirty year olds could look awkward in such circumstances, nevermind some sixteen\seventeen year old who is probably naturally introverted.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love both Gaga and Lorde. They are really different obviously. But Gaga sounds amazing acoustic and on top of that you can really feel her emote when she sings.

That being said, I totally agree with comments on Lorde's level of awkwardness. I guess we're just not used to celebrities being as uncomfortable as normal people. And on top of that- she has amazing maturity/ presence for her age...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Are you suggesting that Lady Gaga is better than Lorde?

Lorde has a better vocal range and her song writing is actually quite sophisticated from what I can tell. Lady Gaga is vapid.

This coming from someone who doesn't particularly like either Gaga's or Lorde's music.
    No, not at all. Just to clarify, I was saying artists are often popular just because they are weird, like Lady Gaga, who is just weird for the sake of it and has almost no talent.

I don't care much for either of their music myself. But, I do appreciate the vocal harmonies in the Lorde single.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

her awkwardness isn't strange, she is 17 and going through the awkward teen stage
    i noticed she looks like a younger vera stratievskaya in this picture: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ievskaya,_Vera

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Lorde has a better vocal range
    Eh, I don't think Lorde has anywhere near the same sort of vocal control or dynamicism as Gaga. Have you heard Lorde sing live? Doesn't really match up to her recordings.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand her music and this thread is the first time I've seen her interviews...I'd say ESI-Se seems likely. She seems fairly healthy in her outlook and way more likable than Florence Welch.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    She looks and seems Se-ESI.
    I really don't think she's ESI, she seems far too logical. The only two possibilities for her in my mind are LII or SLE.

On first sight she seems SLE:

\

But if you actually listen to her speak, she seems intuitive-y. Watching how positively she reacts to the crowd, how open she is with her emotions, it's difficult to imagine her as an Fi-ego. She seems so... merry.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely different gaze/countenance between the two.
    Gaze? Yes. Countenance? No.

What is it about her speaking that makes it seem intuitive?
    She is articulate, she possesses good diction, and she doesn't talk about her sensations.

Well, she is a performer, so she might actually enjoy this sort of thing. Though also consider that, as a performer, she could just as well be putting on a show (an expectation of the job) whilst keeping her authentic emotions hidden.
    Her reactions seemed pretty natural to me, and she definitely strikes me as a Merry type.

What is your justification for ESI? How is she Se-ESI and not Fi-ESI?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lorde's gaze is quite a bit softer looking by comparison, suggesting F-type.
    I don't think a "soft gaze" suggests an F-type, especially if we're talking about ESI:

In other words, she's decently educated.
    I know plenty of college-educated people who aren't half as articulate as her.

What would "talking about sensations" comprise anyway?
    Talking about colors, textures, smells, sights, sounds, etc. Talking about things related to colors, textures, smells, sights, sounds, etc.

Not looked into her much aside from VI, but it was clear enough for typing to the extent I care in this case.
    So what exactly does Se-ESI look like? How about Fi-ESI?

On an unrelated note: are you sure you're LIE? The way you broke my post into parts seems to suggest an analytical nature for you.
    Last edited by Olduvai; 04-16-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relative to most T-types they'll have greater affectional nuance in/around the eyes and other more motile areas of expression. That kinda comes with it being a prevailing psychological orientation.
    Sorry, but I think this is bullshit. I can't make an argument against it because I suck at logic, but it just isn't correct in my mind.

So maybe she's smart too.
    Or maybe she's intuitive.

Sounds like you overly associate S w/ banal concretism.
    No, I just associate Se with "sensations".

Plenty examples here.
    That's the last place I'd go to meet my visual identification needs.

LIEs can't be analytical?
    I thought LIE was a synthetic type?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm going to hate myself for asking this, but whats the link between socionics intuition and being articulate? @Chris Clearly

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm going to hate myself for asking this, but whats the link between socionics intuition and being articulate? @Chris Clearly
    there's no "official" link, but in my experience a "way with words" usually means "intuitive"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chris Clearly Nonsense.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead Sense.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then either you live under a rock or you might be autistic.
    Holographic cognition often utilizes the grammatical conjunctives: "or-or", "either-or", "on the one hand, on the other hand".

Lots of research exists on the psychology of facial appearance, and humans being demonstrably good at correctly inferring personality attributes & mental states from others' faces; even computers are becoming adept at this sort of thing.
    That still doesn't mean that "soft gaze" equals "feeler".

Verbal fluency is primarily a function of intelligence + education. There's no good reason in the world to believe otherwise.
    Nah, I think intuitives are generally more verbally fluent than sensors, and my reason for believing is because I've seen it.

I don't really see Se people talking about their own sensations at length
    Then you must not be seeing Se people.

or just referring to concrete things around them.
    Holographic cognition often utilizes the grammatical conjunctives: "or-or", "either-or", "on the one hand, on the other hand".

You asked me for what ESIs look like.
    But none of those people are ESI.

You're conflating phenomenology of a mental attitude with apparent behavioral action. Two entirely different realms.
    Aren't the workings of the mind really just the actions of the body?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

<3

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI