Thread: The Weeknd

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default The Weeknd

What's his type?

Last edited by suedehead; 03-10-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    What's his type?

Beta NF, I'm thinking IEI

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He seems more Si than Ni, imo. He doesn't really say anything especially abstract...it's all based on experience/tangible observations. He's just 'going with the flow'.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems more Si than Ni, imo. He doesn't really say anything especially abstract...it's all based on experience/tangible observations. He's just 'going with the flow'.
    he confidently talks about time (literally 22 years), and I think all the tangible things he talks about relate to his valuation of Se

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i got an immediate impression of SEI but that's based on nothing but the photos here.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

y'all niggas be trippen

"seeing the people react to the songs"

"what area of the song they react well to"

"before it was released, I hadn't left my city for literally 21 years"

"what young men think but will never say out loud"

"there's a certain order that almost haunts Tokyo"

"it helped me a create a world; it helped mold the concept for the album"

"Kissland symbolizes the outside world"
    Last edited by Olduvai; 03-12-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VIs like Si-SEI friend.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    y'all niggas be trippen

"seeing the people react to the songs"

"what area of the song they react well to"

these quotes make me even more inclined towards SEI. pls don't yell at me

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all of the sociotypes have the 'do not choose ridiculously stupid names for themselves' clause, so he must be subhuman and below the sociotypes.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

y'all niggas be trippen

I think/notice things like that all the time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think/notice things like that all the time.
    yep, and guess what? I disagree with your self-typing

(I watched your intro video)

did you post this video because you notice parallels between yourself and Abel Tesfaye?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

did you post this video because you notice parallels between yourself and Abel Tesfaye?
    Not really, or at least it wasn't my original intention.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Si - dom 9w8.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some sort of ethical type. I find him and all of his songs annoying.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI !!

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sei
    his new hair cut 

enneagram 946/947

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Michael Jackson vibes. So XEI, yes. The video is more

@May I spotted Kiko Mizuhara in there!! And she's SEE...

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starboy is IEI.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always thought he might be an ESI.. I feel so much Se from him.. a reason why I am so attracted to his music. His music seems very sexual and emotional. He has got this darkness about him, that's why I thought he might be a 'feeler' thus Fi.
    From what I know about SEIs in real life.. hell no he doesn't seem like one at all.. definitely Se valuer in my opinion. I as an IEI can relate to him a lot, but what he does with his art etc. (I often feel that way about artists and actors who apparently are ESI) is more in my head than me living it for real (even if I was a dude, I think haha).
    Someone stated his lyrics are focused on tangible objects and yes I noticed that, too. I think an IEI would write song texts differently. His music is about gorey and sexual, sometimes romantic situations.. all of them very concrete. Put some dramatic tunes in there and 'romance' -> it does come across as deep and dark. But not thaaat abstract. That's why I think sensor might be right. ESI, was the one which would fit the most in my opinion. Ni is also higher within ESI than SEE, so that might be why there is a slight Ni vibe at times.
    And wasn't Michael Jackson to be said ESI as well? Bruno Mars is inspired by him as well, but more in a happy way, while The Weeknd takes the 'darker' route (pretty sure Bruno is SEE, which makes him Gamma aggressor as well). I noticed people with the same type gravitate towards their kind a lot (I am inspired by quite a few IEIs and their way of life and work as well). SEEs also might feel a connection to their sister-type ESI.
    But the imagery of his songs seem very Beta, indeed. Or at least very Se. No Si at all.

Oh but wait, ESIs have very high demonstrative Si.. that's why some people might feel an Si vibe coming from him.

You can feel a lot of Se in these videos (at least I do, lol):

Last edited by dot; 03-18-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    SLI E6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always thought of him as IEI; seems dreamy and a bit unfathomable with a love of wreaking havoc perhaps?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's obviously an Se valuer, as well as an Fi valuer. He seems ISFj to me, and I've seen him typed that way a lot of times.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    SLI E6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While Se in his videos is pretty clear, it looks more like an expression of how he is subjected to force or carried away by a frenzy instead of him as a direct user of it. Overall beta NF defiant bad boy/mad dog attitude is what I get from him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was super wrong, he's ESI 4W5 SX/SP

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESI fits well. Maybe IEI. Not SEI.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL the SEI. Some of these people were really bad and just repeat what others said.

I think he is very victimy. Like he prefers to write a song about sex and bdsm rahter than actually having sex. Thats the vibe i get from him. Prolly ILI.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I agree with ILI.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I to the E to the I

Never in a million years is that guy a logical type
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I agree with ILI.
    I don't know about that, I mean all of his songs have something to do with his relations with other people or his image about himself. He seems very much expressive about it, it's all as if it's his sole identity.

Plus, his general deep emotional depth, and a tendency towards fantasy and portrayal of image, and how he portrays himself in an idealistic manner really does make him E4.

Also looking at his acting in the idol, he doesn't really do a good job of acting like someone else, he always shows his true self, making him leave his print. However, the character he is acting conflicts with his own identity as a person, and how he behaves, making his acting come off as cringy.

He seems to rather express himself through music, not the type of person that does well for masking himself for profit(aka acting). He does try to portray the idea of the character the way he wants to, but it's done in a more sloppy manner, so I can't help but think his Ni is mobilizing > base.

I do get that ILI is Fe polar and has a tendency for fantasy, however ILI still has a poor depth to their emotions and inner world. IEI would be possible, but he doesn't seem to be a Fe valuer. ILI still seems like the type that needs some help in discovering their emotional depth, and they seem to rather categories their emotions than embrace them fully(ILI matching e5 over e4).

So I can't help but think he is Fi based with Se creative and Ni mobilizing. Sp4 as they rather keep to themselves, also so4 and sx4 being labelled as Se aggressors is just off.

IDK, just personally ESI just makes much more sense than ILI for me. But again human behavior isn't always consistent enough to be restricted into a label permanently.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I to the E to the I

Never in a million years is that guy a logical type

He has so much emotional depth to him, his music is so focused on his relations with other people in a emotional and personal perspective while trying to paint himself in a idealistic manner. He is very identity focussed, too identity focused to have 2D Fi.

Temperament is more IJ, he doesn't seem upbeat or use his understanding of other sentiments to benefit him and to increase his influence, but rather use his influence and fame to portray his artistry and romanticize about his personal life while consistently maintaining an idealistic image of himself. But again his ideas can be portrayed in a sloppy manner, but it is still a bold element, hence his tendency towards fantasy.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    I don't know about that, I mean all of his songs have something to do with his relations with other people or his image about himself. He seems very much expressive about it, it's all as if it's his sole identity.

Plus, his general deep emotional depth, and a tendency towards fantasy and portrayal of image, and how he portrays himself in an idealistic manner really does make him E4.

Also looking at his acting in the idol, he doesn't really do a good job of acting like someone else, he always shows his true self, making him leave his print. However, the character he is acting conflicts with his own identity as a person, and how he behaves, making his acting come off as cringy.

He seems to rather express himself through music, not the type of person that does well for masking himself for profit(aka acting). He does try to portray the idea of the character the way he wants to, but it's done in a more sloppy manner, so I can't help but think his Ni is mobilizing > base.

I do get that ILI is Fe polar and has a tendency for fantasy, however ILI still has a poor depth to their emotions and inner world. IEI would be possible, but he doesn't seem to be a Fe valuer. ILI still seems like the type that needs some help in discovering their emotional depth, and they seem to rather categories their emotions than embrace them fully(ILI matching e5 over e4).

So I can't help but think he is Fi based with Se creative and Ni mobilizing. Sp4 as they rather keep to themselves, also so4 and sx4 being labelled as Se aggressors is just off.

IDK, just personally ESI just makes much more sense than ILI for me. But again human behavior isn't always consistent enough to be restricted into a label permanently.
    This bit from Wikipedia doesn't seem like the behaviour of a rational type:
    When he was 17, Tesfaye dropped out of school and moved to an apartment in the neighbourhood of Parkdale with two friends; including his best friend and now creative director La Mar Taylor.[31] He has described this period as being like the 1995 film Kids "without the AIDS", as they lived a hedonistic lifestyle.[21][32] He has also experienced homelessness and was incarcerated on several occasions during this time, which encouraged him to "smarten up, to focus."[33][34]

Tesfaye often used drugs and abused illegal substances such as ketamine, cocaine, MDMA, magic mushrooms, and cough syrup.[35] In December 2016, he stated that drugs were a "crutch" for him when it came to writing music.[36] In August 2021, during a cover story with GQ, he described himself as being "sober lite", meaning that he has stopped using drugs with the exception of marijuana. He also noted that he drinks alcohol occasionally, stating: "I'm not a heavy drinker, as much as I used to be. The romance of drinking isn't there."
    He also claims to have an attention deficit disorder.

From a Big Five perspective also, much of the above plus spats he's been involved in, suggest to me he has below average levels of Agreeableness.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    This bit from Wikipedia doesn't seem like the behaviour of a rational type:

He also claims to have an attention deficit disorder.

From a Big Five perspective also, much of the above plus spats he's been involved in, suggest to me he has below average levels of Agreeableness.

Agreeableness isn't inherit to ethical types or logical types, but you just gave me a good point. Perhaps he isn't sp4, but rather sx4.

Ethical types can be manipulative, and have alternative intentions, and their ability to really manipulate as a tool is more something that is more of a hidden threat. However, the likelihood of EII being considered a threat for example is low, Se polar, and Fe ignoring, it doesn't really have many values to push it to have a reason to be manipulative or disagreeable, so I can see SEE/EIE + IEI being disagreeable.

Perhaps he would be more EIE, Ti suggestive is still weak, + Fi ignoring, which would make sense for the weak inner voice of principles or personal morality. Plus Si polar makes sense for someone to be so restless, then Se mobilizing + Fe is him just trying to portray himself in an idealistic manner.

Fi ignoring types may engage in immoral behavior for attention, drug use, manipulation, etc.

I can see EIE doing some messed up stuff and being like "Oh I messed up, I was emotional, etc." and repeat, and they still have some care for Fi.

Honestly, i'm starting to see how Fi base conflicts with him, and how his Se is actually the sloppy function rather than Ni.

Base functions are more overdone while creative functions are more cautiously used in a smarter manner,

Maybe he could be EIE?

While analysing him, I can't help but notice how creepy he can be? Just he is just excessively trying to be someone else?
    Last edited by Muira; 07-16-2023 at 10:23 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    Agreeableness isn't inherit to ethical types or logical types, but you just gave me a good point. Perhaps he isn't sp4, but rather sx4.

Ethical types can be manipulative, and have alternative intentions, and their ability to really manipulate as a tool is more something that is more of a hidden threat. However, the likelihood of EII being considered a threat for example is low, Se polar, and Fe ignoring, it doesn't really have many values to push it to have a reason to be manipulative or disagreeable, so I can see SEE/EIE + IEI being disagreeable.

Perhaps he would be more EIE, Ti suggestive is still weak, + Fi ignoring, which would make sense for the weak inner voice of principles or personal morality. Plus Si polar makes sense for someone to be so restless, then Se mobilizing + Fe is him just trying to portray himself in an idealistic manner.

Fi ignoring types may engage in immoral behavior for attention, drug use, manipulation, etc.

I can see EIE doing some messed up stuff and being like "Oh I messed up, I was emotional, etc." and repeat, and they still have some care for Fi.

Honestly, i'm starting to see how Fi base conflicts with him, and how his Se is actually the sloppy function rather than Ni.

Base functions are more overdone while creative functions are more cautiously used in a smarter manner,

Maybe he could be EIE?

While analysing him, I can't help but notice how creepy he can be? Just he is just excessively trying to be someone else?
    He's fairly clearly an introvert to me.

Tesfaye is known to be very enigmatic, and prefers to keep his personal life out of the public eye.[358][359] In the beginning of his career, he refrained from participating in interviews and instead chose to communicate via Twitter, which he attributed to shyness and insecurities.[360] To this day, he is still adamant about not participating in interviews, only agreeing to be interviewed in rare situations.[361]
    I think perceived creepiness could be associated with lower levels of agreeableness.

I doubt the eight Jungian functions exist, so I can't really comment on what you said regarding those. I think Agreeableness likely has a moderately strong correlation with "ethics" in both MBTI and Socionics, and that most key DSM-IV (and presumably DSM-V) disorders have a negative correlation with Agreeableness (including Histrionic personality disorder): Dependent may be an exception, which possibly has a very weak positive correlation. (I'll have to read more on this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...72735803001132 ). The Dark Triad traits of Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy all also have a negative correlation with the HEXACO version of Agreeableness, as well as the HEXACO's Honesty-Humility trait ( https://www.haraldmerckelbach.nl/art...k%20Triads.pdf ).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Classic case of an irrational extrovert. Outwardly directed impulsiveness.

Let's build a case for localised agreeableness. Seems like he is somewhat dependent on his social group feedback. In fact this makes him reactive. Agreeableness is somewhat failed trait in big 5 and Hexaco does a far better job. In this case even Hexaco can not clear this. It is a clash of subcultural values. In these terms I'd say global agreeableness is beyond of scope of these models.

He is impulse driven less than looking for potentials for new beginnings. Se seems valued.

SEE is my estimate based on quite sparse information I have collected.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol he sings about doing drugs, drinking, partying, sleeping with women, and writing about his heartache and THEIR problems, too. His newer albums are so exaggerated but I enjoy his older albums like Kissland, they're moodier and raw.

He does come across as victim-ish in his song writings. He craves that intensity and seeks it out, he wants a lover to consume him in his older song writings. Ni ego much?

Maybe IEI?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss his older albums. They had more intense mood and it's like they took you to another world when you listened to it - Abel's world. Now it's theatrical and lacks that raw depth to it. I could feel his feelings in his older writings now not so much. I guess it's because he's matured emotionally and thus, controls it better instead of letting it out like a broken faucet.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

among ESI, IEI and SEI i'd rather find a beta or gamma ethical type more likely

he doesn't quite appreciate both in his reasoning ("don't get too comfortable" - GQ interview, about "The Idol") and music videos: it's not cozy, happy and quirky, but eerie and threatening, he says it should stir things up, not calm them down

meanwhile having a storyline, era, continuity, mystery, symbolism (-> see "Starboy", which is almost messianic) and ongoing narrative is far more important, so is valued.

which fits together with the gory violence and emphasis on surface — fame, status, plastic surgery, city lights, vehicles, models, assets, being in a superior league etc — in his material, aka .

see also "Too Late", one of his most shocking displays, where there's literally a ripped male stripper getting brutally decapitated and sown to abel's severed head, starting a bloody sexual debauchery for 'the aesthetic' and exposing hollywood's behind the scenes — clearly destruction > recreation, that's not alpha or delta