Thread: Which quadra is the most individualistic?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Which quadra is the most individualistic?

And which is the least?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A more sensible question might be "How does individualism manifest in different quadras?".
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    A more sensible question might be "How does individualism manifest in different quadras?".
    Touché.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Alphas can be exceptionally individualistic in being Se-devaluing and Ti-valuing, little perception/regard to other's motives with a strong tendency to develop their own systems independent of popular consensus or others' input. The LII-ESE Duality, in particular, can be outright belligerent toward outsider's opinions and quite disagreeable, making them one of the most independent and individualistic dualities, and often annoying to other people.

That said, both Alpha and Delta, being Ne-valuing, tend to seek relationships with other people in the context of expanding possibilities and understanding. Gamma seems to be the quadra that limits their relationships the most. The Ni/Se view seems to incorporate an understanding that if you don't need or want something from someone, you shouldn't bother them. So Gammas can be individualistic in this way, and be less inclined for small talk.
    Do you know why? I'm curious.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the most part, Fe/Ti = group-oriented and Fi/Te = individualistic

anyone who says otherwise is wrong

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post

Exactly,

You can't be truly individualistic if your worried about how those around will react and feel. (Fe valuing)
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alphas can be exceptionally individualistic in being Se-devaluing and Ti-valuing, little perception/regard to other's motives with a strong tendency to develop their own systems independent of popular consensus or others' input. The LII-ESE Duality, in particular, can be outright belligerent toward outsider's opinions and quite disagreeable, making them one of the most independent and individualistic dualities, and often annoying to other people.

That said, both Alpha and Delta, being Ne-valuing, tend to seek relationships with other people in the context of expanding possibilities and understanding. Gamma seems to be the quadra that limits their relationships the most. The Ni/Se view seems to incorporate an understanding that if you don't need or want something from someone, you shouldn't bother them. So Gammas can be individualistic in this way, and be less inclined for small talk.
    Nice post

I'd say Delta is most about the integrity of the team.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually a quality of Ni Te, we disregard possibilities that lead nowhere or offer no benefits. We don't value individuality and originality for it own sake.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR much?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give definition of individualism.
    For political individualism of being against institutions Gamma is the first.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Nice post

I'd say Delta is most about the integrity of the team.
    lol, Delta doesn't give two shits about the team. I've literally been called "not a team player" several times in my life. Again: your head is in your ass.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol, Delta doesn't give two shits about the team. I've literally been called "not a team player" several times in my life. Again: your head is in your ass.
    Hum. Maybe it's your dual pair thing (ever think about that?)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas strive to be the most individuated, in the face of whatever cultural and ideological boundaries that are imposed upon them, and deltas, in their implicitly-respectful-of-the-interpersonal-code manner, are politically individualistic; however aristocratic types are compelled to implicitly limit the scope of freedom individuals are given, whether because of collective or operational necessity; so while alphas, being the most straitforwardly democratic, and hence the most open to liberally progressive forms of individualism, surpass the aristocratic quadras in this sense, they fall short in comparison to gammas, the latter being more authentically politically progressive, and hence individualistic in the strict sense.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Because -valuers view environmental boundaries as distinct from individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Exactly,

You can't be truly individualistic if your worried about how those around will react and feel. (Fe valuing)
    Actually you can, which is what alpha best embodies. + leads to a kind of culturally laissez faire mindset. Granted they have their decorum, but I wouldn't consider it any more limiting than the bureaucratic boundaries many deltas tacitly impose, on this kind of quasi-collective level.

Lol. I've known plenty of betas who couldn't give two shits about 'teamwork' and all the idiotic, interpersonal implications it's supposed to have... and I've seen quite a few deltas fall into the campfire carol category.
    Last edited by strrrng; 03-10-2014 at 02:00 AM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Betas strive to be the most individuated, in the face of whatever cultural and ideological boundaries that are imposed upon them, and deltas, in their implicitly-respectful-of-the-interpersonal-code manner, are politically individualistic; however aristocratic types are compelled to implicitly limit the scope of freedom individuals are given, whether because of collective or operational necessity; so while alphas, being the most straitforwardly democratic, and hence the most open to liberally progressive forms of individualism, surpass the aristocratic quadras in this sense, they fall short in comparison to gammas, the latter being more authentically politically progressive, and hence individualistic in the strict sense.

Because -valuers view environmental boundaries as distinct from individuals.

Actually you can, which is what alpha best embodies. + leads to a kind of culturally laissez faire mindset. Granted they have their decorum, but I wouldn't consider it any more limiting than the bureaucratic boundaries many deltas tacitly impose, on this kind of quasi-collective level.

Lol. I've known plenty of betas who couldn't give two shits about 'teamwork' and all the idiotic, interpersonal implications it's supposed to have... and I've seen quite a few deltas fall into the campfire carol category.
    love campfires.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The way a person behaves within a social environment doesn't necessarily say anything about their views/values when outside of the group..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    The way a person behaves within a social environment doesn't necessarily say anything about their views/values when outside of the group..
    Perhaps I should've said "self-centered" or "concerned primarily about the welfare of myself" instead of "individualistic", and "self-sacrificing" or "concerned primarily about the welfare of the group" instead of "group-oriented".

Also, I included the "for the most part" for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Again:
    Also, what do you mean by "idiotic, interpersonal implications", and what do you mean by "campfire carol"?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, really?

Why "don't" "you" "try" to think about what "others" are saying before you "respond" with an "asinine" comment?

Delta NF have Fe observing and demonstrative. The IE are not in a bubble, all types including DELTAs use them. Get yourself straight boy, cause you got it all wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Its attributed to the Decisive quadras for what its worth, so i'd say its linked to Se/Ni directly.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i had attributed it to constructivism...does anybody have a link, or anything?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wow @William that was so fucking insightful lol. and spot on. How can you be so annoying yet so smart at the same time. =)

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ne focuses more on the potential in people and good things that might occur where Ni focuses more on forecasting potential pitfalls over time. This might make Ni quadras less likely to want to meet new people, or at least to be much more receptive to the consequences of doing so, rather than the possibilities.

In practice I wouldn't say this manifests as Ni quadras being necessarily unfriendly or even hesitant for meeting new people, but much more aware of their position and relationship toward a new person and observant for what the other person might want from them.
    Introverted functions are generally more limiting by nature. Negativism only amplifies this trait. Oddly, positivist introverts are some of the warmest people you'll meet. They have the good nature of positivists without the ego of extroverts.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Exactly,

Fi is not self-centered, that defeats the entire purpose of being an F type. All F types communicate in a way that is supposed to affect how others around them react and feel.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Introverted functions are generally more limiting by nature. Negativism only amplifies this trait. Oddly, positivist introverts are some of the warmest people you'll meet. They have the good nature of positivists without the ego of extroverts.
    this probably has something to do with the implicit sacrifice that comes with being an aristocratic introvert
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Fi is not self-centered, that defeats the entire purpose of being an F type. All F types communicate in a way that is supposed to affect how others around them react and feel.
    idk, i'm pretty self centered

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I was just thinking earlier today how I wish I were more of positivist or less of an introvert!! That negativist introversion black hole of mistrust and stasis feels really, really bad sometimes... unless that's just Si.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ We just need an ILI to click "like" to this and then the circle would be complete.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    idk, i'm pretty self centered
    sure, but not in the way it was put in context in the thread. like you've visibly often displayed anxiety about whether or not someone is offended by something you said, and stuff like that. maybe it's not as conscious an effort but it's still there.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define "individualistic" - you know what I mean?

In the stereotypical sense of the green-haired, nape pierced, lesbian-heading toward-****** on the motorcycle with the iPod blaring outlaw country set to ambient techno… Probably a beta.
    But if you're talking about the guy who lives out in the middle of nowhere, who nobody one sees unless it's that one day per month he drives into town to get something like an irregular sized hex nut to fix the broken-down lawnmower he found junked on someone else's lawn… Probably a delta.

And on and on… It applies to all four quadras. (And these are not hard and fast rules, by any means.)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I observe is that the whole society is growing more and more individualistic. I'm speaking for Germany here, I don't know what it's like in the US - I guess American people still have their patriotism that keeps them kind of together. We Germans don't have that for obvious reasons - we're only patriots when there's a soccer championship going on. I guess, that's why individualism falls on fertile soil in my country - despite our overall LSI mentality.
    I can see, Fi egos are especially individualistic people. But some people are just self-absorbed and want to do everything their own way.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Deltas are the most individualistic in business settings. They'll work in their own way and for themselves.

Betas are the most individualistic in social settings. They'll "emote" in their own way and for themselves.

Alphas and Gammas are like shadows of the above two. They're individualistic privately, internally - Alphas about their concepts (Ti), and Gammas about their personal bonds (Fi)

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Delta doesn't give two shits about the team. I've literally been called "not a team player" several times in my life. ....
    "Not a team player" - I haven't been called that, but I probably have been perceived that in certain "teams" I have been on. An example was teaching in a school with many ESE's. I wasn't on board with all they chose for us to do and while I did not usually ever protest it (seeing the pointlessness of that)I I avoided supporting their endeavors whenever I could. I am sure I was not seen as a big "team" person on that team, that I was required to be a member of. Though I made sure I did the bare minimum, at least, out of duty.

But as to a team I choose - I am really big on the integrity of that. My family, for example. My Dual-fiance, us, as a team - we are both into our integrity in that so much that we are willing to endure discomfort and inconvenience in order to uphold it. I care about the integrity of my Church, often experiencing growing pains, often making human errors, often infiltrated with those of their own agenda not the team's agenda. Its my team and I really care about the integrity of it. And I am personally offended when "team members" compromise its integrity. Also I work for a school district that excels in integrity, and I really feel good to be apart of it.

So that's why @Maritsa's comment made sense to me.