Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Life Advice] majors, college-girl dating / hook-ups

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default [Life Advice] majors, college-girl dating / hook-ups

I want to go back to college. this time i need help finding a major with lots of girls. my first major advanced compsci and engineering courses were sausage fests and i basically don't have the willpower to get back into that

some restrictions:

- no science majors. if i wanted to get together with someone analytical i could do that on my own 2 to 3 times daily.

- no radical lesbian feminist majors. bisexual is very acceptable

- no theology majors for obvious reasons. although the prospect of polygamy is... interesting.
    Last edited by xerx; 03-05-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    SLI 9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Take up cheerleading and study whatever you want. Took balls but a friend if mine did it, worked a treat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    Take up cheerleading and study whatever you want. Took balls but a friend if mine did it, worked a treat.
    i'm warming up to the idea of finding someone flexible. speaking of which, i bet the gymnastics club has a few openings
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I want to go back to college. this time i need help finding a major with lots of girls. my first major advanced compsci and engineering courses were sausage fests and i basically don't have the willpower to get back into that

some restrictions:

- no science majors. if i wanted to get together with someone analytical i could do that on my own 2 to 3 times daily.

- no theology majors for obvious reasons. although the prospect of polygamy is... interesting.
    psychology, sociology, english, spanish, marketing, advertising, communications, criminal justice, education, music, management, occupational therapy, photography, film, art, social work, theatre, writing

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior Design. Definitely.

But seriously, you might want to consider what you'd like to do with your life, as you'll most likely attract more women by having a bright future, being stable, or even being passionate about your ideal career.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Interior Design. Definitely.

But seriously, you might want to consider what you'd like to do with your life, as you'll most likely attract more women by having a bright future, being stable, or even being passionate about your ideal career.
    i already work as a software engineer for a telecommunications company. plus I'm writing romance novels under a pen name to sell for money. and i'm drafting plans for my own business, which has the potential to make me fabulously wealthy.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i already work as a software engineer for a telecommunications company. plus I'm writing romance novels under a pen name to sell for money. and i'm drafting plans for my own business, which has the potential to make me fabulously wealthy.
    Oh! So you just want meet girls? Or change your career? Or both?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Oh! So you just want meet girls? Or change your career? Or both?
    meet college girls. or change to a career that has college-aged girls. the end result is the same.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you would pay for school and sit thru classes for no other reason than to meet girls?
    why not just go to bars and hangouts that are frequented by college girls?
    do you really wanna be that creepy guy?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nursing for SEI there are also very many ESI there too so um brush up on your VI?

You may also enjoy arts, a knitting class?

You're gonna be a genius when you are graduated

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girls aren't typically attracted to desperate / pathetic men.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sociology? Psychology?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you would pay for school and sit thru classes for no other reason than to meet girls?
    why not just go to bars and hangouts that are frequented by college girls?
    do you really wanna be that creepy guy?
    Chatting up drunk girls at bars is creepy. Plus, bars are lame and it's hard to meet people with similar interests. That, and I've actually always planned on getting a second (and third...) degree for my personal edification.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Girls aren't typically attracted to desperate / pathetic men.
    The story of your life says otherwise.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sociology may have a few ESE but you'll notice them right away, they'll usually eat and drink in class lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I feel that it's important to support people for what they want to do.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story of your life says otherwise.
    ... ummm

Impressive comeback.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... ummm

Impressive comeback.
    Indeed it is.

Take your poison elsewhere and never bother me again.

Creepy-male

The best way of meeting college girls would be for you to change your career and become a professor.

One day this could be you:

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2014/02...rmer-students/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    The best way of meeting college girls would be for you to change your career and become a professor.

One day this could be you:

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2014/02...rmer-students/

lmao, at least he had a good run. Even that crazy gay dude probably touched more women than you have.

Creepy-male

lmao, at least he had a good run. Even that crazy gay dude probably touched more women than you have.

Said the man paying for a superfluous college degree to meet young women...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not directly pay young women to be at your side?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Said the man paying for a superfluous college degree to meet young women...
    First of all, it's not superfluous since I enjoy learning and can easily get a scholarship here in Canada. Second of all, I am college age. Idiot.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    why not directly pay young women to be at your side?
    Tried it. There's no love in it.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried it. There's no love in it.
    are you sure you weren't just "lame in the sack"?

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed it is.

Take your poison elsewhere and never bother me again.
    I can't imagine your stunning lack of creativity is going to be terribly helpful.

Yeah, girls don't tend to like over sensitive pussies either.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some restrictions:

foreign languages major should have you swimming in the sea of females
    (but not "exotic" languages cause you risk stumbling into an analytical/intellectual, and then what? )

also artsy majors (interior design>architecture)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine your stunning lack of creativity is going to be terribly helpful.

Yeah, girls don't tend to like over sensitive pussies either.
    Aww.. did your wittle feelings get hurt? I'll have to try harder to be sensitive.

And btw, I wouldn't talk about creativity when virtually every insult you've made revolves around vague, overused cliches about masculinity.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    foreign languages major should have you swimming in the sea of females
    (but not "exotic" languages cause you risk stumbling into an analytical/intellectual, and then what? )

also artsy majors (interior design>architecture)
    Yeah, was thinking of studying Spanish or Mandarin. And I'm definitely fascinated by hanzi and logogrammatic languages in general. If I had the time, I'd pick up hieroglyphics and cuneiform, plus like twelve other languages.. now we're getting too exotic

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

this all seems rather excessive

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, was thinking of studying Spanish or Mandarin. And I'm definitely fascinated by hanzi and logogrammatic languages in general. If I had the time, I'd pick up hieroglyphics and cuneiform, plus like twelve other languages.. now we're getting too exotic
    yeah, better go with Spanish

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Go do law or business. You'll find out after your college dalliances that you actually got a useful degree for your troubles.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you waste money on another degree just to meet women?

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Culinary Arts! Plus, learning to cook and bake is a great skill anyways. I'm sure you'll meet tons of girls that want to open cupcake shops.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't know you were college age. the creepy image in my head is gone.

culinary arts :3
    philosophy (I guess that's analytical but it reminds me of mune and it's actually interesting)
    English. (can't hurt with the whole love story author thing and you can catch girls interest if they're reading your stuff)

if you want to meet people with similar interests then what are YOU interested in that isn't science or theology?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, there's a lot of criticism, but I don't think it's a bad idea. There's advantages over bars/clubs. First, colege kind of garuentees a certain level of intelligence and education. Also, it's a very natural place to meet people. Bars and clubs are good for most people,but I myself have NEVER had any succes in those situations.

the advice of being confident, passionate and such stands, but that would just help you get more results. It's not like it'll magically draw females to male populated businesses or something.
    so the question of "where" is a good one.

I've studied psychology and there was a 300 to 15 female/male ratio there. I've heard that pedagogy has an ever higher rating. Arts, languages and law have a highish percentage in holland as well.
    Thing is, the choice of field wil affect the type of women that are attracted to it. Psychology had a lot of the "popular in highschool mediocre in university" type of women. They're nice but might bore you. Language have a lot of "i'm going to travel" women who are not looking for long term relationships (might be a pro or a con). Law has more assertive women, and a few very very shy scholars. etc etc etc.

If you're going to pick a degree just to find the right type of women you'd need to visit the departments and scout what's going on. There's usually days were prospective students get dragged around campus by the more attractive female students (they get selected for that job) which would give you a certain impression.

As for branching out beyond college; try yoga and see if there's groups that are not 40+ (yoga groups are usually grouping around age) same for Tango/Salsa there's either a lot of young women or none in those groups.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Why would you waste money on another degree just to meet women?
    Not in Canada. Average tuition is ~$2500 per semester. In my university, if you get an above 3.7 GPA (walk in the park for me; I'd have to be brain-dead to get less than that) you automatically get 2/3 of that paid for you. Plus, there are tons of scholarships available. Tons!

I'm not actually wasting time either. I ENJOY sitting through boring educational classes.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I didn't know you were college age. the creepy image in my head is gone.

culinary arts :3
    philosophy (I guess that's analytical but it reminds me of mune and it's actually interesting)
    English. (can't hurt with the whole love story author thing and you can catch girls interest if they're reading your stuff)

if you want to meet people with similar interests then what are YOU interested in that isn't science or theology?

No problem, lol. I wrongly assumed people knew my rough age, which is quite young. I'm honestly interested in everything and I'm looking for a broad education.

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris
    I don't think it's a bad idea.
    It's not a bad idea at all! It beats wasting your life in bars in the slim hope that an interesting person will just walk through the door. And ANY real life interaction beats out online dating by a wide margin.

Creepy-male

First of all, it's not superfluous since I enjoy learning and can easily get a scholarship here in Canada. Second of all, I am college age. Idiot.
    Huh, it's an enigma why your witty charm and debonair comportment isn't already a pussy magnet.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, it's an enigma why your witty charm and debonair comportment isn't already a pussy magnet.
    Being rich, confident and beautifull doesn't help at all when not meeting any women (for example, I myself barricade myself up in my house to avoid any unfortunate local conflicts to errupt over my desirable body!)!

He might be a "pussy magnet", but maybe there's a lot of interfering metal between them ;-)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Go do law or business. You'll find out after your college dalliances that you actually got a useful degree for your troubles.
    This is a good advice, especially when combined with @Reficulris' observations but like Refi already stated it depends on who you are looking for, cause while obviously people do have varied interests, there's still bound to be a higher ratio of some types in particular uni departments.
    I studied business (I have a degree with a good grade, but absolutely hated it. I'm SEI). And I did meet there a few SEIs, but many more SLIs, LSEs and LIEs.
    I also studied languages as a parallel vocation of sorts and enjoy teaching (apparently more stereotypically SEIish). Also studied architecture part-time for a while (the group was half-half males and females, some SEIs, ESIs, ILEs, but not only, quite a varied group tbh) and there was a ton of female ESEs, ESIs and SEIs in another group - which was interior design major).
    When it comes to law, I know one ILI and one SLI who studied it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast