Thread: At what age do subtypes set in?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default At what age do subtypes set in?

Hey, I wanted to know when the subtypes part of a type was being "selected" by the mind. Is it when you are a really small child (around 8/10 years old), or when you are a teenager (around 14/15 years old)?

Because, I have been reading the subtypes of the EIE on wikisocion, and I associate strongly with the Fe subtype, but when I was a teenager, around 15 years old. Basically, the description of the Fe subtypes was me when I was around 15. The thing is that I don't relate to it at all today, like not at all. I guess if I try hard enough I could find some points, but that's about it.

Also, any advice you could give me as to how find your subtypes, because, apart from descriptions of the subtypes, I can't really guess what am I. Is being more thinking of the future a Ni subtypes traits? Or having a better map of time within your head? I don't understand how it works. At the moment I don't really care why someone is such subtype or the other, what in their history made them be that subtypes. I just want to care about how I can define myself which of the subtypes I am (Even thought, asked like that, is a bit selfish).

Thanks for your answers.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure it's fixed...I can remember being a bit higher on the Fe around the time I was 12-15.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you'll get varied answers to this - some are of opinion that your type can change at any point of life and so with your subtype, others will say that you type is immutable but there may be 'local' variations

from my own memories of my childhood I'd say my subtype was already noticeable around 5-6 years of age
    however, the process of "filling" of different functions of a TIM seems to happen at different stages of a person's life, and this can give an impression of being of a different subtype - the "filling" of creative function falls around the period starting from puberty to early/mid-20s, which is congruent with what you're saying, that when you were 15 you were 'more Ni'

Jung himself seems to have noticed this process and commented something about how the person uses the first part of their life to form their ego, which in socionics corresponds to the first two functions. There was this article that I found on MBTI forums concerning the 'time schedule' for functional 'filling' that is related to this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...n-of-Functions

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    that when you were 15 you were 'more Ni'
    Well it was "more Fe", but I got your point. I read your link, it helped understanding how it kind of works, it is also frustating that it is constantly changing.

Edit: Also, to get back to the question, any idea how I could find my subtype by other means that only reading the description. Like by introspection of how I behave, at the moment, how could I notice more Ni or Fe, I just need to look at the function and sort out if I'm more using one or the other?
    Last edited by Mega; 03-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe accentuation - better Si Se Fi / As leading function subtype you are more accepting of the way life is or something along those lines. A certain contentness. Would resemble an ESE more than an LIE
    Ni accentuation - better Te Ti Ne / As creative function subtype you are more apt to make changes to your environment and are bit more of a risk taker. Would resemble an LIE more than an ESE

Or you know, you could be niether subtype, and fit right into EIE
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Fe accentuation - better Si Se Fi / As leading function subtype you are more accepting of the way life is or something along those lines. A certain contentness. Would resemble an ESE more than an LIE
    Ni accentuation - better Te Ti Ne / As creative function subtype you are more apt to make changes to your environment and are bit more of a risk taker. Would resemble an LIE more than an ESE

Or you know, you could be niether subtype, and fit right into EIE
    The same goes with the LIE?
    Te accentuation has "more" Si Se Ti and Ni accentuation has "more" Fe Fi Ne?
    Thus the Te subtype would look like more a ESE than EIE, and the other way around for Ni subtype?
    I'm asking because I'm kind of "torn" between EIE and LIE, and I'm not sure to be honest. I have watched some supposed Fe songs, and I just couldn't stand it, like litterally, some were okay, some would just destroy my head. On the other hand, the Ni supposed songs felt nice, so did the Te supposed one.
    Anyways, thanks for your answers!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-Te would look more like an LSE, than an EIE. ESE isn't really going to be applicable to either subtype.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.