Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are all SEIs-ISFps cute and bubbly?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Are all SEIs-ISFps cute and bubbly?

While I can relate to the SEI description (especially SEI-Si), some of the surface stereotypes associated with the type on this forum just seem a bit...off. I experience myself as a bit more gloomy, emotionally turbulent, and at times, self-obsessed than the image of the SEI that many people seem to envision.
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-01-2014 at 05:05 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

All the descriptions seem limiting to me.

Edit: What are the "gloomy, emotionally turbulent, and at times, self-obsessed" types? Have you considered them?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    All the descriptions seem limiting to me.

Edit: What are the "gloomy, emotionally turbulent, and at times, self-obsessed" types? Have you considered them?
    Ha, IEI apparently...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Moses awaits with open arms...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rapper Slug is an SEI who has those traits.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are types defined by their personality or character?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Are types defined by their personality or character?
    oooh a door opens...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...y-vs-character

YWIMW

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

archetypes vs. stereotypes..

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't all descriptions a bit stereotypical and sometimes just plain shallow? The SEI descriptions seem superficial as if there was an assumption that when smn's outwardly nice it's a sure-fire way of knowing how the person feels inside... ekhm.
    Then again if you really feel most of the time "gloomy, emotionally turbulent, and at times, self-obsessed" more than "if only we had good food and were nice to each other the world would be a better place" then maybe you are IEI>SEI... or SEI under severe stress?

In the end you are the one to know which description IEI or SEI you identify with more and which quadra values are closer to you. How does the interaction go? You might have a lot in common with IEIs and SEIs but you'll probably feel more "at home" and more easily understood by people typed as either IEIs or SEIs...?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, their more typical appearance is kind of brooding. they are negativist introverts and you tend to notice it.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs are sometimes very bubbly; their Fe can be too sweet and syrupy.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard, my s.o. is SiFe. He's neither "cute and bubbly" (except when alone with me at home), nor emotionally turmoiled or self-obsessed. When people initially meet him, he is quiet, they're lucky if he says anything at all, and it takes him being around them many times before he'll finally start talking....which means one or two comments. One couple we knew felt it was an honor when he finally joined in a conversation with him. We'd known them for almost a year before that point. But when we are alone, he makes a lot of jokes primarily by using quotes from shows/movies. And it seems only I and a small handful of close people get to see his softer, cuter sides. It's almost sad that more people don't get to see him for how he is when he's not in a social situation, his humor and his caringness.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Aren't all descriptions a bit stereotypical and sometimes just plain shallow? The SEI descriptions seem superficial as if there was an assumption that when smn's outwardly nice it's a sure-fire way of knowing how the person feels inside... ekhm.
    Then again if you really feel most of the time "gloomy, emotionally turbulent, and at times, self-obsessed" more than "if only we had good food and were nice to each other the world would be a better place" then maybe you are IEI>SEI... or SEI under severe stress?

In the end you are the one to know which description IEI or SEI you identify with more and which quadra values are closer to you. How does the interaction go? You might have a lot in common with IEIs and SEIs but you'll probably feel more "at home" and more easily understood by people typed as either IEIs or SEIs...?
    I'm a bit of both, although food wouldn't be the first thing to come to mind. The gloomy/emotionally turbulent/self-obsessed aspect of my personality isn't really something that I show in social interaction (I usually just seem relatively plain, calm and courteous), but it's certainly something that I identify with in private or within my inner world.

SEI's seem more familiar overall..
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-01-2014 at 03:12 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have been told my emotional states change so rapidly that it is hard to keep up. Just when you join me in my gloomy, "I'm only happy when it rains" state, I will turn it into, "pour some sugar on me". It tends to leave those who shift emotions slower scratching their heads. I used to expect others to keep up but I don't anymore. It is what it is...

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well my brother is SEI-Si and he´s not fluffy, warm and bubbly at all. Not turbulent, either. Just very reserved, sometimes too much so imo and often appreciative of "normal" behavior (+Alpha Fe). However he likes things that can twist and turn his perspective, get him out of a mental rut he may be in. I´m doing my best, but I´m sure there´s better than that. He´s also into movies, actually he´s 4 years younger than me and there´s still some stuff that I discovered through him, although we have different tastes when it comes to directors. Dunno where the stereotype of "SEI and cooking" comes from, cause he def doesn´t . Oh he likes food all right, but he prefers to spend his time watching documentaries, for instance. Maybe he´s more attuned to his "dual-seeking function" than other SEIs.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    well my brother is SEI-Si and he´s not fluffy, warm and bubbly at all. Not turbulent, either. Just very reserved, sometimes too much so imo and often appreciative of "normal" behavior (+Alpha Fe). However he likes things that can twist and turn his perspective, get him out of a mental rut he may be in. I´m doing my best, but I´m sure there´s better than that. He´s also into movies, actually he´s 4 years younger than me and there´s still some stuff that I discovered through him, although we have different tastes when it comes to directors. Dunno where the stereotype of "SEI and cooking" comes from, cause he def doesn´t . Oh he likes food all right, but he prefers to spend his time watching documentaries, for instance. Maybe he´s more attuned to his "dual-seeking function" than other SEIs.
    Sounds SEI to me.
    I also don't know where the cooking stereotype comes from. I love good food, but spending my time in the kitchen seems usually a waste of time. I can do it and usually my improvisations taste good, but having to cook every day feels a chore. I'd rather read, learn, watch a film (classic Hollywood musicals and movies, documentaries, also just actions, thrillers, drama, anything's better than being forced to serve everyone as "the cook" when the rest of the people are having fun and enjoying their company)... go for a walk, create sth with my hands, write... cooking is the last on my list. Eating on the other hand... I get irritable and even angry when really hungry and I do love various tastes and good food.
    Take me to a restaurant with good food, to the cinema for an action film or something about love and a walk to the seashore and that's good. Don't make me stuck in the kitchen as I'll despise it. There actually was a guy who liked me and whom I really liked up until a point when he (half-jokingly) said in front of other people that I should bake him a cake. LOL That was that. (It's like my life with him flashed in front of my eyes then and I just was like "hell, no!" - in my thoughts). Never wanted someone who'd expect me to "win him over" through cooking. But, hey, maybe I'm weird.

The people I know who enjoy cooking the most are/were: one ILI (female; treats it like a "challenge" to recreate a dish tasting better than in restaurant; the other ILI I know hates cooking), one IEI (male, as a sign of being self-sufficient; the other IEI I knew - female, doesn't really cook but is married to a SLE cook) and one elderly LSE (female, enjoys feeding everrryoneee).
    Oh, there was one SEI/ESE female I knew who liked to cook I think - she baked the best cakes.

I'd rather marry a cook (if I were single) than become one Having to cook every single day would be sth that'd completely spoil the joy that I sometimes get from doing it... and in the periods of time when I'm forced to do this I tend to get irritable

So all in all I'd say cooking imo isn't really type-related...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, the cooking/caregiver stereotype doesn't hold true for me either...although I can be kind/generous in other, more subtle ways.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, I agree with most all of the stuff in this thread??

I definitely come off gloomy or upset, and I often with zone out and stare at something very intensely and people think I'm mad at them when I'm just thinking OTL Also, no one ever really sits besides me or talks to me in class?? Like, they think I'm gonna bite them or something, but really I'm probably acting uninterested because I'm anxious of what social norm to follow or something (I really do like to talk and be friendly though!) :/

When I do finally open up, I've heard descriptions that basically fit the stereotype: "cute" "sweet" "bubbly" etc

Soooo I think overall there's a lot more depth to SEIs than stereotype allows, and you shouldn't take the type out as an option just because of that c:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetgingerpeach View Post
    I often with zone out and stare at something very intensely
    I do this too but I am usually staring at nothing in particular when I do it. People have asked me where I go. I don't even know how to respond to that. It is hard to explain. I am kind of tuning into other "frequencies".

YWIMW

Creepy-male

I tend to find them all murderous and conniving.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Despite my superficial 'seriousness', I definitely prefer an inconsequential, 'merry', Fe social-environment (Beta/Alpha) over a Fi-one...

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Yeah, the cooking/caregiver stereotype doesn't hold true for me either...although I can be kind/generous in other, more subtle ways.
    The cooking stereotype comes from the fact that ILE's tend to starve themselves because they're too lazy/occupied to bother to cook, even though they love food, as long as some one else prepares it. <- stereotype ILE

The dual's only reason for existing is to help the ILE over come his weaknesses. Well, the only weakness a ILE has is that he'll starve.. so SEI's are cooks! <- stereotype SEI

Ofc there are lots of ILE who will cook and lots of SEI who won't and such. I love cooking, but only for or with others. If i'm left to my own devices i'll fitt the stereotype nicely.
    The SEI = cook is a bit too much reasoning from type to behaviour which i'm quite sure isn't valid... I mean, there are more than just 16 different "types" of people behaviourally even though there are only 16 types socionics wise. (no, get your enneagram/npa theories away from my magic and cook me some shit!)

Edit: About communication; I tend to be quite open with my opinions/feelings/moods/quirks etc. I'll cencure if necessary but try to minimize this. I'm probably more outspoken about emotions than many ILE's so on the subject of that stereotype there is variation too. I do think i'm like...rational about my feelings, like telling people "I feel this way, probably due to x" (where x can be either a situation or a explanation of why my chemicals are imbalanced). I cry easily though, most drama movies can jerk tears, so do beautifull songs and even sappy talent shows.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    The cooking stereotype comes from the fact that ILE's tend to starve themselves because they're too lazy/occupied to bother to cook, even though they love food, as long as some one else prepares it. <- stereotype ILE
    that is (unfortunately ) very true of my SO... but almost just as true of myself

The dual's only reason for existing is to help the ILE over come his weaknesses. Well, the only weakness a ILE has is that he'll starve.. so SEI's are cooks! <- stereotype SEI
    hmm... maybe I should've found myself a nice cooking-loving SEI male then...

The SEI = cook is a bit too much reasoning from type to behaviour which i'm quite sure isn't valid... I mean, there are more than just 16 different "types" of people behaviourally even though there are only 16 types socionics wise. (no, get your enneagram/npa theories away from my magic and cook me some shit!)
    yeah.

Edit: About communication; I tend to be quite open with my opinions/feelings/moods/quirks etc. I'll cencure if necessary but try to minimize this. I'm probably more outspoken about emotions than many ILE's so on the subject of that stereotype there is variation too. I do think i'm like...rational about my feelings, like telling people "I feel this way, probably due to x" (where x can be either a situation or a explanation of why my chemicals are imbalanced). I cry easily though, most drama movies can jerk tears, so do beautifull songs and even sappy talent shows.
    my SO is more reserved, but when he does talk about feelings he tends to do this the way you described (esp. bolded part). The overall description sounds very similar to how I act though... that is - when I do open up to the chosen few. (I'm sort of "all or nothing" at this respect)

out of curiosity:

I remember reading about role inversion in family - I think I saw you posting sth like this somewhere. I know in my family there was role-inversion from stereotype. My mum was more stereotypically "male" (ILI) and my dad "female" (ESI). (There's still an ongoing banter between them regarding my mum having a "masculine" character. ) My mum despised cooking (so did dad, so she cooked anyway) and in general I can see how being raised by their tandem might have added to me not fitting to the SEI stereotype also in some other aspects... (not that I think there are too many SEIs who really would fit it).
    When I read SEI and ILE stereotypical descriptions I feel like I'm a mix of both and I can't "blame" it on duality, cause I was already like this before I met my SO. If anything I feel more SEIish now than I did prior to our relationship, cause he values Fe, values Si and those weren't (especially Fe) the qualities sought after in my family and not really sth that I used to consider "safe" to show...

How do you personally feel towards the ILE stereotype?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa;1002465
    [spoiler=mini ramble to Refi
    I remember reading about role inversion in family - I think I saw you posting sth like this somewhere. I know in my family there was role-inversion from stereotype. My mum was more stereotypically "male" (ILI) and my dad "female" (ESI). (There's still an ongoing banter between them regarding my mum having a "masculine" character. ) My mum despised cooking (so did dad, so she cooked anyway) and in general I can see how being raised by their tandem might have added to me not fitting to the SEI stereotype also in some other aspects... (not that I think there are too many SEIs who really would fit it).
    When I read SEI and ILE stereotypical descriptions I feel like I'm a mix of both and I can't "blame" it on duality, cause I was already like this before I met my SO. If anything I feel more SEIish now than I did prior to our relationship, cause he values Fe, values Si and those weren't (especially Fe) the qualities sought after in my family and not really sth that I used to consider "safe" to show...

How do you personally feel towards the ILE stereotype?[/spoiler]
    Yeah, I was raised in a role reversed environment where my dad is generally nurturing and caregiving while my mother is more business oriented, very cerebral and somewhat emotionally off (not intentionally but she just has kind of a standoffish vibe). I think this in general made me less inclined to identify with gender identity (to the point where my interests are more similar to many women i know than to most men. Also I kinda copied my dads relationship style, so i'm a bit more submissive and caregiving than most of my male friends.

As for the ILE stereotype; it describes me perfectly for my highs and very imperfectly for my lows. When i'm happy, unrestricted and in a nice comforting environment (or when i'm in a crisis) it fits like a glove. I have the quirkyness of Ne, professionally my Ti is my most valued contribution, I tend to enjoy Fe but not create it (although i'll amplify it) and my Fi is usually not apparent (or it's mostly invisible due to my Ti+Ne sense of humor that generally provokes Fi types). My cousin, who's close to me, described me once as a "planter". I love to shoot ideas into the world, inspire and rouse people but i'm never there when the ideas need to be implemented. That kinda fits the stereotype perfectly ;-)

In my lows i'm moody, hyperemotional and manipulative. I'd say Ni and Fi are most visible in the sense that i appear as kinda the prophet of doom which predicts (quite accurately) what is going wrong without seeing what is going right and who can see and hit people's inner deamons and dark-spots. It shouldn't be surprising than, that as a new member, I thought I was IEI .

So basically, ILE stereotype of wacky playfully rebellious conman fits me when i'm happy while I go into the brooding manipulative IEI stereotype when i'm unhappy. Kinda worst of both worlds ;-)

Edit: i think the SEI stereotype is the reason I am not able to identify SEI's. The stereo-type doesn't sound exciting to me, and...how can one meet people who lock themselves up in their kitchen, only cooking!?!?!?!?!
    I still kinda seem to have a blind spot for SEIs, only meeting obvious IEI's, EIE's and ESI's (I kinda have the ethical part down it seems ).

Edit2: I checked the beskova description (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NTp-by-Beskova) to see how acurate it is. It is pretty spot on on most things.

The only things i'm not really sure of are

And, more likely, he will lose interest in her after the first date.
    I'm generally loyal and IF i like someone likely to stay interested for a long time.

Still, ILE man knows how to make money,
    eh, i actually don't know how to make money, it just generally happens. This is an effect of priviledged upbringing combined with extrordinary luck and a very strong external locus of control, I generally wait for my bank accounts to replenish themselves, and they usually do!

to everything else i'd have to say "yes, but only when i'm happy".

I'd say the IEE stereotype is what i'd like to be based on beskova's descriptions. Maybe because it's a mix of ILE and IEI extremes and seems like such a nice way of living and being liked and such.
    Last edited by Reficulris; 03-02-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si types are described as have a strong understanding of sensations. A commonly cited corollary is the ability to fill in incomplete sensations based on scant information.

If a strong function implies a more nuanced understanding, and if we were to make the reasonable claim that creativity gains in proportion to the strength of its associated cognitive area, and if we were to assume that types will gravitate to areas of strength, then it stands to reason that one type will find greater representation in a field contingent on the purity of the field with respect to the area of cognition in question.

It is this association between food and the understanding of bodily sensations that provides the theoretical basis for the overzealous correlation of the two.

Cooking, however, is not a pure, linear application of the understanding of bodily sensations and can be approached from different directions. Not being a cook I wouldn't know, but cooking appears to require creative insight that is independent -- though not entirely -- of the classificatory scope of Socionics. I would, therefore, call it reasonable to question the extent to which cooking is solely or the sole domain of any one type.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Reficulris if I were to type myself strictly from Beskova's female Alpha's descriptions then it'd mean I'm a LII... I considered it for a while, but don't think I am...

from Beskova's descriptions...
    LII > ILE > SEI > ESE
    how much of it fits 90%>60%>50%> 40%

especially when I was in early teens (before I made a conscious effort to learn how human interactions work ). I was bullied and was told it's because of someone's jealousy of my results in studying. And it was weird, cause jealousy didn't make sense. The fact that I learned well didn't influence someone else's capability.
    I could go on and on about situations fitting that description... hmmm. That would kind of explain why it felt like I was Fe-seeking when looking for a partner...
    I think I'm getting confused.
    Basically - if this girl really is a LII (I roughly translate MBTI INTP to Socionics LII, although I know not everyone agrees), then I'll consider changing my type. Cause most of her blog feels like she just took thoughts out of my brain and wrote them down.

especially those links: CLICK1, CLICK2, CLICK3 ..and this was just so darn accurate CLICK4

then again I could just be a SEI raised by an ILI... and wasn't raised in 19th century Russia

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: i think the SEI stereotype is the reason I am not able to identify SEI's. The stereo-type doesn't sound exciting to me, and...how can one meet people who lock themselves up in their kitchen, only cooking!?!?!?!?!
    I still kinda seem to have a blind spot for SEIs, only meeting obvious IEI's, EIE's and ESI's (I kinda have the ethical part down it seems ).
    Obviously you need to just look around and find the people who look like they're uninterested, unfriendly, and don't want to talk to anyone....and then go talk to them anyway. If they're SEI they'll probably smile and won't be able to turn down a conversation because of social expectations and fear of being rude (Fe??). Tada! Problem solved haha

As for the whole cooking preference discussion @aisa @Reficulris, I can agree with what you're saying on a lot of points. I enjoy good food, and I can find baking or cooking therapeutic at times (if the kitchen is clean and it's a simple recipe etc etc), but there are sometimes where I'd rather not have to cook. Usually this is when I'm by myself (lazzzyyy). Like....who wants to cook an impressive meal for one?? Not me, really :/ I'd rather whip up something special and tasty for my friends or family so that we can all sit down and enjoy it. It's all about helping create the merry, comfortable Fe-valuing group atmosphere that Alphas enjoy so much c: Plus I usually get praised or complimented, which is always nice, and I get to 'help' others in a sense c:

Overall though, cooking is rarely fun if it's just for the sake of cooking. And that's coming from someone who would consider cooking and baking to be among their interests.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously you need to just look around and find the people who look like they're uninterested, unfriendly, and don't want to talk to anyone....and then go talk to them anyway. If they're SEI they'll probably smile and won't be able to turn down a conversation because of social expectations and fear of being rude (Fe??). Tada! Problem solved haha
    hahahah I love how you put it

As for the whole cooking preference discussion @aisa @Reficulris, I can agree with what you're saying on a lot of points. I enjoy good food, and I can find baking or cooking therapeutic at times (if the kitchen is clean and it's a simple recipe etc etc), but there are sometimes where I'd rather not have to cook. Usually this is when I'm by myself (lazzzyyy). Like....who wants to cook an impressive meal for one?? Not me, really :/ I'd rather whip up something special and tasty for my friends or family so that we can all sit down and enjoy it. It's all about helping create the merry, comfortable Fe-valuing group atmosphere that Alphas enjoy so much c: Plus I usually get praised or complimented, which is always nice, and I get to 'help' others in a sense c:
    yeah, I don't even do that. I wish I'd do that and out of guilt/pressure/it being a societal expectation at times - I might, but it does not come natural to me...
    Buying crisps and cookies is pretty much what would be more or less natural to me.
    And sad part is I really can cook.

Overall though, cooking is rarely fun if it's just for the sake of cooking. And that's coming from someone who would consider cooking and baking to be among their interests.
    Visit me. Pls. I'll listen to you and provide wine. Just bring that fooood!

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I don't even do that. I wish I'd do that and out of guilt/pressure/it being a societal expectation at times - I might, but it does not come natural to me...
    Buying crisps and cookies is pretty much what would be more or less natural to me.
    And sad part is I really can cook.
    Ah, well personality theory can't dictate individual preferences right? I think it's just a common way of contributing to the group dynamic, but it doesn't have to be the only way c:

Haha I get that request a lot actually xD The offer of wine is tempting though....Maybe throw in some party games or a movie??

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ofc there are lots of ILE who will cook and lots of SEI who won't and such. I love cooking, but only for or with others. If i'm left to my own devices i'll fitt the stereotype nicely.
    I meant to comment on this earlier, but got carried off talking about other things :'D

The ILE I know actually went to culinary school and worked as a line chef for a few summers. But now he doesn't cook at home anymore? It's like he got bored of it because he thinks he's more or less mastered it. And he can cooks well, but more often than not he'll just experiment in the kitchen instead of using a recipe and gets a little carried away....the results are either delicious or disastrous, and never the same twice xD

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boyfriend is a grumpy curdmugeon. He's also a type 4 in enneagram, so that might be part of it. He exemplifies the negativist.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well personality theory can't dictate individual preferences right? I think it's just a common way of contributing to the group dynamic, but it doesn't have to be the only way c:
    yeah... I do actually cook when friends come round and usually prepare wayyy to much food (last time we ended up inviting my parents over the next day cause we had so much food we could host a second meet up ).
    But... I dislike how being stuck in the kitchen actually disconnects from people who are there and that's why basically catering seems a better idea, lol. If only it weren't costly...
    When I read this part of ISFp description it really rang true a while back (I'm quoting from memory it went sth along those lines with regard to the general sense):
    ISFp will take a considerable amount of time to plan and execute a party, will cook and take care of the guests and puts a lot of effort into creating a "perfect" atmosphere. That's why an ISFp will rarely agree to hosting such events as it's a big "endeavour" to them.
    While in contrast to ISFp an ESFj is capable of quickly hosting a meeting and inviting people to their household to drop in on the spot. Always can esily come up with a party.
    also...

I guess I rebel against being the cook, cause my ILE was raised in a very traditional role household and it's an ongoing process making him realise that a man can cook and it's ok and a woman doesn't have to cook just because she's a woman. But when I visit his family home and hear things such as his grandma saying "here don't do this, I will do this, it's not a thing for a man to be doing" (when he was cleaning after breakfast) I can easily see how such brainwashing could have been convenient for a male in their family btw he did clean up after breakfast anyway (which he wouldn't have after hearing such a remark a few years ago) and the longer he's with me, the more he sees how ridiculous such statements are (I mean before Christmas time, women in the kitchen and men by the tv? Because that's what women are supposed to do. No way Joseee )

Haha I get that request a lot actually xD The offer of wine is tempting though....Maybe throw in some party games or a movie??
    Scrabble and "As Good As It Gets" - for starters?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Reficulris if I were to type myself strictly from Beskova's female Alpha's descriptions then it'd mean I'm a LII... I considered it for a while, but don't think I am...

from Beskova's descriptions...
    LII > ILE > SEI > ESE
    how much of it fits 90%>60%>50%> 40%

especially when I was in early teens (before I made a conscious effort to learn how human interactions work ). I was bullied and was told it's because of someone's jealousy of my results in studying. And it was weird, cause jealousy didn't make sense. The fact that I learned well didn't influence someone else's capability.
    I could go on and on about situations fitting that description... hmmm. That would kind of explain why it felt like I was Fe-seeking when looking for a partner...
    I think I'm getting confused.
    Basically - if this girl really is a LII (I roughly translate MBTI INTP to Socionics LII, although I know not everyone agrees), then I'll consider changing my type. Cause most of her blog feels like she just took thoughts out of my brain and wrote them down.

especially those links: CLICK1, CLICK2, CLICK3 ..and this was just so darn accurate CLICK4

then again I could just be a SEI raised by an ILI... and wasn't raised in 19th century Russia
    I don't think she's INTP. Most INTPs I know care little about relationships, or rather, they care privately but wouldn't blog about it. Her writing style makes me think she's a feeling type that's just highly fond of intelectual persuits. Maybe she fell into the MBTI "feelers don't think" trap?

Also, she quotes DJA in one of those posts..this kinda is a strike against her being logical ;-)

Finally, her posts reflect a common problem and complaint by most attractive women. I don't think this is type related, I think it's experience related. If you're getting hit on by leacherous men all the time and the only guys that don't treat you like a goddess are the jerks this shapes a certain....pickiness and maybe fatalistic expectation of romance ;-) Not sure an INTP would be overtly iritated by PUA's or creeps, they tend to ignore and or scare away crap that they don't like rather than complain about it.

(I thought LII was INTJ?)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... I do actually cook when friends come round and usually prepare wayyy to much food (last time we ended up inviting my parents over the next day cause we had so much food we could host a second meet up ).
    But... I dislike how being stuck in the kitchen actually disconnects from people who are there and that's why basically catering seems a better idea, lol. If only it weren't costly...
    When I read this part of ISFp description it really rang true a while back (I'm quoting from memory it went sth along those lines with regard to the general sense):

I guess I rebel against being the cook, cause my ILE was raised in a very traditional role household and it's an ongoing process making him realise that a man can cook and it's ok and a woman doesn't have to cook just because she's a woman. But when I visit his family home and hear things such as his grandma saying "here don't do this, I will do this, it's not a thing for a man to be doing" (when he was cleaning after breakfast) I can easily see how such brainwashing could have been convenient for a male in their family btw he did clean up after breakfast anyway (which he wouldn't have after hearing such a remark a few years ago) and the longer he's with me, the more he sees how ridiculous such statements are (I mean before Christmas time, women in the kitchen and men by the tv? Because that's what women are supposed to do. No way Joseee )
    I have an open kitchen and cooking for friends usually involves them trying to coach me through the process while I'm stealing as much of the ingredients to eat sneakily, like a kid! This is much more fun than "being in the kitchen"!

Oh, and yeah, such an environment would trigger your bullshit receptors and make you rebelious ;-) one thing to think about; in rebelling against the stereotype you're kinda also falling pray to the stereotype! "Women have too cook" becomes "I should not cook because i'm a women" which is kinda...sad because one of the cool things about modern society is that we can pick and choose what things we like and dislike and stereotypes be damned!!

What i'm trying to say, is sometimes you can cook and still be a strong modern woman!

Edit: Wine food and games!? I'm coming over!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an open kitchen and cooking for friends usually involves them trying to coach me through the process while I'm stealing as much of the ingredients to eat sneakily, like a kid! This is much more fun than "being in the kitchen"!
    yeah, when I was writing that I thought how an open kitchen could change things at this respect...
    But still I'm not opting for an open kitchen, cause I enjoy being able to hide the mess behind closed doors after I prepared everything... plus I used to rent a tiny place with an open kitchen a while back and after cooking sth with onions could smell the onions for a few days in the room, in the curtains, just everywhere, despite airing the place... bleh. I'm sensitive (some say oversensitive) to smells... (Si ?)

Oh, and yeah, such an environment would trigger your bullshit receptors and make you rebelious ;-) one thing to think about; in rebelling against the stereotype you're kinda also falling pray to the stereotype! "Women have too cook" becomes "I should not cook because i'm a women" which is kinda...sad because one of the cool things about modern society is that we can pick and choose what things we like and dislike and stereotypes be damned!!
    true, I caught myself a while ago thinking that it is actually kind of ridiculous in the reversed way but it works exactly like you said

What i'm trying to say, is sometimes you can cook and still be a strong modern woman!
    I know... it's growing on me ...as long as I don't feel pressured.

Edit: Wine food and games!? I'm coming over!
    obviously one of the ways for Alphas to have fun

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, when I was writing that I thought how an open kitchen could change things at this respect...
    But still I'm not opting for an open kitchen, cause I enjoy being able to hide the mess behind closed doors after I prepared everything... plus I used to rent a tiny place with an open kitchen a while back and after cooking sth with onions could smell the onions for a few days in the room, in the curtains, just everywhere, despite airing the place... bleh. I'm sensitive (some say oversensitive) to smells... (Si ?)
    only if you don't use enough garlic, garlic will drown out the onion smell always! ;-)

true, I caught myself a while ago thinking that it is actually kind of ridiculous in the reversed way but it works exactly like you said

I know... it's growing on me ...as long as I don't feel pressured.
    Yeah, but than, being pressured to do anything is a surefire way to lose interest. Pressure sucks!

obviously one of the ways for Alphas to have fun
    Actually, i'm not having enough of this lately. It seems that somehow all my wine+food+games events kinda get the "posh food to impress guests, pressure to clean house and too many serious couples" vibe. I'm thinking it's because i'm getting old and/or my friends are all getting delta/gamma partners :'( My boardgames are collecting dust and I find myself restraining myself in asking people to play because "that's childish". :'( Somehow somewhere there's someone in my head telling me alpha NT just isn't cool ;-)

Edit: It's either my Ex of @Absurd ;-) (maybe they're the same person... O_0)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    While I can relate to the SEI description (especially SEI-Si), some of the surface stereotypes associated with the type on this forum just seem a bit...off. I experience myself as a bit more gloomy, emotionally turbulent, and at times, self-obsessed than the image of the SEI that many people seem to envision.
    You could be IEI but I don't thinks so. IEI's are not just self-obsessed gloomy SEI clones, they're also seers, masochists and intelectual artists rather than worldly artists. There's a lot wrong with the stereotypes (the first thing, them being stereotype) but to me your interaction style suggests SEI over IEI. Also, your avatar is kinda...sensing, IEI's go for abstract/fantasy (how joy how I love using stereotypes) where this one kinda reflects an earthly connection to the untethered world of raw nature and solitary masculinity. I think SEI's can have that, IEI's are more etherial, somewhat fragile in their presentation. (that's not to say they aren't strong or dangerous, its just the presentation ;-) )

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only if you don't use enough garlic, garlic will drown out the onion smell always! ;-)
    hahaha true!

Yeah, but than, being pressured to do anything is a surefire way to lose interest. Pressure sucks!
    +10 yup

Actually, i'm not having enough of this lately. It seems that somehow all my wine+food+games events kinda get the "posh food to impress guests, pressure to clean house and too many serious couples" vibe. I'm thinking it's because i'm getting old and/or my friends are all getting delta/gamma partners :'( My boardgames are collecting dust and I find myself restraining myself in asking people to play because "that's childish". :'( Somehow somewhere there's someone in my head telling me alpha NT just isn't cool ;-)
    hmm yeah, our circle of friends is mostly Alphas/Betas so it's more relaxed
    with Gammas it feels like they're looking down on me, waiting for me to finally become a proper adult...
    with Deltas it's like they find the "childishness" somwehat endearing and/or in need of their help
    re-bolded part - Alpha NT is great! They're funny, intelligent and creative, don't let anyone make you feel "off" just because they have a stick up their arse that they acquired as soon as they hit adulthood

Edit: It's either my Ex of @Absurd ;-) (maybe they're the same person... O_0)
    lol I actually find @Absurd funny (at times hilarious).

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I actually find @Absurd funny (at times hilarious).
    He is! He's terrifying as well!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You could be IEI but I don't thinks so. IEI's are not just self-obsessed gloomy SEI clones, they're also seers, masochists and intelectual artists rather than worldly artists. There's a lot wrong with the stereotypes (the first thing, them being stereotype) but to me your interaction style suggests SEI over IEI. Also, your avatar is kinda...sensing, IEI's go for abstract/fantasy (how joy how I love using stereotypes) where this one kinda reflects an earthly connection to the untethered world of raw nature and solitary masculinity. I think SEI's can have that, IEI's are more etherial, somewhat fragile in their presentation. (that's not to say they aren't strong or dangerous, its just the presentation ;-) )
    Ha, good point. I guess I feel like a really watered-down, judicious, sensory-focused IEI from an archetypal standpoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast