Thread: IEI, SEI, EII...?

TIM
    5w4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI, SEI, EII...?

Why is everyone so turned off by textwall? Seems to me a sea of information is better than a puddle.

First things first, some things you should know about me

- I most often test e5w4, 4w5; MBTI , , . People over at PersonalityCafe seem to think I'm . I identify with somewhat but I don't buy leading with it. I often get a general sense of what kind of person I'm looking at, but I find my insights are not as piercing as my Ni-type friends'.
    - My game is music. As a child I'd play various instruments for hours because it was better than anything else I could possibly be doing. Now after fucking around in music college for 4 years, I'm gradually growing less certain that it's what I was made for. It is a nagging pain in my side, when I think about where I could be if I had applied myself.
    - I appear calm but I am anxious, very very anxious. Spent the first 8 years of my conscious childhood silently fingercrossing for some sort of divine intervention; from then it was thinking I could try to save my california town from some impending catastrophic earthquake. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a conspiracy theory phase.
    - When I was about 14 I realized I preferred the company of attractive men. I kept it hidden from the general public as to not displease my Jesus-worshipping parents.
    - I am modest, and insecure to a fault. My older brother is about 16 months older than I and as kids generally disapproved of my flowerchild antics and treated me like shit, (INTp I believe) leading to me not finding my own feelings or needs significant. I can't really blame him. He was bullied in school and I was unfortunately his outlet for forward payment.
    - Having bad blood with someone really eats at me. I fear rejection. why would anyone not like me?
    - Despite all of this I was quite popular in high school, marching band gangsta and runner-up for prom king.
    - I am working on being less judgmental in general. It stems from my own self-disapproval and needs to be stopped. Cultivating self-love is the hardest thing but I will manage goddammit.
    - I can be rather impulsive and it sometimes gets me into shitstorms. Sometimes to avoid trouble I have to spin webs of lies. I usually end up feeling like shit over it, I'm not the best liar and I know certain people can tell.
    - I have always been self-sacrificing and have just recently made efforts to make my own needs somewhat of a priority.
    - My head is a jukebox. 80% of my time is spent creating music in my head. I have a hard time getting it down on paper because I end up with versions upon versions and I don't know which are best. -Play- ... how about this melody? Nah. -Stop-. This one...? A little better... -Stop-. -Play-. with this background... -Stop- -Replay- oh but wait this tune. you get the picture. I drive myself batshit insane, especially when I start feeling like my ideas are trash
    - My parents are and , my older brother . The five besties I've ever had are , , , and .

----------------------------------------------------

for yer V.I. pleasure

My very best friend and I, whom I believe to be Ne-Fi

After a rousing round of tunes
    Last edited by MylesProwr; 03-02-2014 at 06:35 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hello there...jukebox, I can relate.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of a certain kid. No idea you're type, though I'd say Introvert is apparent. I'd say E_I is inaccurate though.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI SLI is close too.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you look pretty Ne/Si. SEI or EII I'd guess.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

delta introvert

Nothing is real. So tomorrow doesn't matter.
    TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might only know about it once you don't have it...

I have (creativity with colors) , once I dont have (this creativity) I say i am a different creature ....so different type / profile / affinity to smell,music,food,waking up time. doing things preference etc etc

You could do a profile test at an institute and the result could differ. where they will tell u at the beginning how to take care of your mind while answering the questionnaire......to silence your mind, and the best part is (if you are lucky or done your homework on the institute) the pyschometric/analyst consultant could point out all u need to know and maybe develop a coaching or the frame work you might need in life.

anythings possible,
    keep discovering things incredible,
    the world is so huge......

http://popchassid.com/the-universe-i...at-that-means/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure how much help this is, but i definitely see Fe in your personality

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MylesProwr View Post
    Why is everyone so turned off by textwall? Seems to me a sea of information is better than a puddle.
    With the right use of paragraphs (or in this case listing) most people don't have no problem whatsoever.

You seem very sweet and laid-back. Hence it must be one of those cute types you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    you look pretty, Ne/Si.
    FTFY
    (what? you never endearingly address people as their types?)
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You seem adorable SEI?