Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Does this signify Te or Ti?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Does this signify Te or Ti?

    I enjoy debating with others for the fun of it, to expand their minds, but I am curious as to which I am using Te or Ti in my debates. Furthermore if you can spot if I am using Ni or Ne, Si or Se, that would help too. I will give you a recent example of methods I usually employ. This one involves homosexuality...now while I don't think the government should have no business regulating marriage I still feel the need to challenge the homosexual community to see if their arguments for equal marriage are foolproof. Some of them believe that homosexuals should be able to marry but believe incest should be outlawed.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ME: So wait, should incest be allowed by your definition? I am just curious.

    RACHAEL: Now, Tony, you're smarter than that
    Incest has nothing to do with anything I've said. In fact, just as your insinuation of my being okay with incest just because I defined the word ignorance, I can easily say that you are comparing incest with homosexuality. However, since you asked, there are biological reasons that incest is a bad idea. It can lead to birth defects and congenital disorders. So, no, Tony, I am not ok with incest

    ME: So if that is true Rachael then should people with genetic disorders that can be passed on (clef-lip, etc.) be able to pro-create? You're basically saying that people with any sort of birth defects in their family capable of passing this gene on are sub-human, are you not?

    RACHAEL: Tony, I can't say whether people with genetic disorders should procreate, nor should I. It's not my choice to make.
    No, I am not saying any sort of birth defects in a family are sub-human. Having a birth defect does not make anyone less human. I said incest can lead to birth defects & congenital disorders. It just increases the likelihood of a child getting a double-dose of one or more recessive genetic problems. It brings out the recessive genes. So, the more it happens down the line, it can cause problems. If you're arguing in favor of incest, then more power to you. To each his own. I was asked if I agree with it, & I don't, but I'm not going to say the bible told me not to.

    ME: It's not your choice? You support homosexual marriage, do you not? Or is it because homosexuality is the big thing today and incest and polygamy may be tomorrow it's not your choice? People with certain genetic disorders can pass these on as well, causing birth defects of the same kind. I am not arguing in the favor of incest, I am just pointing out flaws within the pro-homosexuality's community's viewpoints. And this is certainly a flaw that should be addressed its reasoning.

    RACHAEL: Homosexuality has nothing to do with incest, and it's not the big thing today. People have been gay prior to recent years, it just wasn't ok to talk about it. Even now, it's a struggle...clearly.
    As for people w/ genetic disorders, I am well aware of the fact that you can pass them on. I was simply stating that incest is more likely to bring out those recessive genes. Yes, I support same sex unions. I support a woman's right to choose. I also support the decision of anyone that does not agree.....& I still do not support incest. You may continue to point out views that you see as flaws, but surely you can see that your points also have flaws.

    ME: People have committed incest prior to recent years too. Where is my flaw in my reasoning? You just said you supported a bunch of stuff and did not address what I said to you.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Eventually we agreed with each other and made peace. She basically thinks while she agrees with it she doesn't think it should be wrong and I suppose I missed that in the debate (though I never saw it). I employ these methods on a lot of people in debates which was not taught to me by academia but came naturally (which im stating not because I think I'm the shit but figuring out which I use naturally). Sometimes though I will make peace only because I see it as a sport and I don't want to damage relations between us. I like to make friends this way and enjoy when others can take these issues a little lighthearted but still intellectually stimulating.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's called being a moron.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainfigur View Post
    That's called being a moron.
    Great contribution. You should receive an award for making such contributions to this post. Not only are you beneficial, but you deserve the highest recommendation for promotion in the moron elite division and receive extra attention when put in place.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    Great contribution. You should receive an award for making such contributions to this post. Not only are you beneficial, but you deserve the highest recommendation for promotion in the moron elite division and receive extra attention when put in place.
    lol. carry on.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    in the land of the blind the one eyed man is the king
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  7. #7
    Whoobie77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Appalachia/Midwest Borderlands
    TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    I enjoy debating with others for the fun of it, to expand their minds, but I am curious as to which I am using Te or Ti in my debates. Furthermore if you can spot if I am using Ni or Ne, Si or Se, that would help too.
    Sounds like Fi-Polr tbh

    From the Wikisocion page on ILE:

    "ILE will see morality as just another system to be taken apart and studied, shocking types who value moral traditions when he uses logic and his clever insight to dissolve moral imperatives. e.g. "You may view human sacrifice as something inherently wrong but that's just a result of your upbringing. If you were raised an Aztec you would have seen it as a remarkable thing, believing it to be responsible for keeping your crops watered and the sun moving across the sky."

    so yeah, you're probably a Ti ego.

    also from ILE:


    1. The debater who will argue about anything with anyone.



    INTjs are more schizoid and Beta STs are more about destroying people at sports or business or what have you, so I'd look at ILE (and Enneagram 8 or 8 wing, if you're into that shit)

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staccato du mal View Post
    in the land of the blind the one eyed man is the king
    When I come to Belgium in a couple months Russell Brand, I am going to steal your eyeball and become the two eyed man in the world of the blind.

  9. #9
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neither?
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    Sounds like Fi-Polr tbh

    From the Wikisocion page on ILE:

    "ILE will see morality as just another system to be taken apart and studied, shocking types who value moral traditions when he uses logic and his clever insight to dissolve moral imperatives. e.g. "You may view human sacrifice as something inherently wrong but that's just a result of your upbringing. If you were raised an Aztec you would have seen it as a remarkable thing, believing it to be responsible for keeping your crops watered and the sun moving across the sky."

    so yeah, you're probably a Ti ego.

    also from ILE:


    1. The debater who will argue about anything with anyone.



    INTjs are more schizoid and Beta STs are more about destroying people at sports or business or what have you, so I'd look at ILE (and Enneagram 8 or 8 wing, if you're into that shit)
    Thank you for your insight and actually being constructive. Is it possible to be ILE with Enneagram 8?
    Last edited by Ron Mexico; 02-27-2014 at 06:46 PM.

  11. #11
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your arguments sound Ni, which sounds similar to Ti when coupled with Ne. Your arguments have all these hidden holes that YOu probably have thought of, but the Rachel women has not. This assumption that everyone thinks of these facets just like the Ti-dom does ("come on everyone should know what I know") is trait I have observed in many Ti-doms. These assumptions also seem to be the source of many Ti-doms irritations with others and why they are often drawn into debates. LIIs will go through the motions of explaining themselves if prompted whereas ILE will forego explanations due to weak Fi if they do not see the merit in debating it. This leads to a certain stubbornness and sense of correctness from the ILE, even if another is agreeing with them. So I would say Ti, coupled with Ne because of all the bizarre connections your arguments make.

    BTW, homosexuality is a trait that comes about per-natal, loosely tied to genes and hormones on the maternal side for men, and the paternal for women. It cannot be bred out, nor can it be bred in.

    On second thought, I see lots of obstinate Te. So
    Last edited by wacey; 02-27-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HereticWacey View Post
    Your arguments sound Ni, which sounds similar to Ti when coupled with Ne. Your arguments have all these hidden holes that YOu probably have thought of, but the Rachel women has not. This assumption that everyone thinks of these facets just like the Ti-dom does ("come on everyone should know what I know") is trait I have observed in many Ti-doms. These assumptions also seem to be the source of many Ti-doms irritations with others and why they are often drawn into debates. LIIs will go through the motions of explaining themselves if prompted whereas ILE will forego explanations due to weak Fi if they do not see the merit in debating it. This leads to a certain stubbornness and sense of correctness from the ILE, even if another is agreeing with them. So I would say Ti, coupled with Ne because of all the bizarre connections your arguments make.

    BTW, homosexuality is a trait that comes about per-natal, loosely tied to genes and hormones on the maternal side for men, and the paternal for women. It cannot be bred out, nor can it be bred in.

    On second thought, I see lots of obstinate Te. So
    Yeah, as far as homosexuality goes I don't see the big fuss about it. It's really not such a pressing issue as people make it out to be. Let the gays marry, who cares? We have bigger things on our plate like the BRIC countries rising and taking over while America is on the decline. We're worried about if Bill is marrying Ted, or if Lucy is marrying Leslie....we have such a lack of respect for each other in this country it's ridiculous, and that is going to come back and bite the USA in the ass.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your argument is Ti in my point of view. I thought you was trolling, sorry.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainfigur View Post
    Your argument is Ti in my point of view. I thought you was trolling, sorry.
    It's fine, we just had a misunderstanding. No hard feelings.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HereticWacey View Post
    Neither?
    Yeah, but can be Ti if one digs deep inside.

  16. #16
    Whoobie77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Appalachia/Midwest Borderlands
    TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    Thank you for your insight and actually being constructive. Is it possible to be ILE with Enneagram 8?


    Yeah it's possible. ENTp 8s are just more likely to fight you in the debate club rather than the football field, like an ESTp 8 (to use the most limiting stereotypes at my disposal...)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •