ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because insomnia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetornado View Post

Block

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    "General" deals with most important elements of a subject. Specific deals with both the important elements of a concept of object, but also includes supporting elements.
    2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    "Logic" is the act of deductive reasoning. Processing information and coming to a conclusion based on inference. It does not necessarily fall in line with common view.
    3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    This is a stupid question.
    4. What is a rule? What rules you must to follow?
    A rule is a regulation set by an authoritative body. One must follow sensible rules that one believes in. One must follows rules if one does not wish to face the consequences of not following them.
    5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    Hierarchy is the make-believe notion that some people are superior to others despite the fact that they have not demonstrated their superiority. Fuck that action.
    6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    Instructions are for people who can't function independently.
    7. Please explain: “Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws”? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    8. Tell us how consistent are you?
    9. What is a “standard”? Why do people need it?
    10. You need to put in order your home library. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?

Block

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    4. How do you feel if you didn’t finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    5. What is “interesting work” for you? Please explain in detail.
    6. You go to the store and see something you’re interested in buying, there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it’s overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    7. When you work and someone tells you: “You don’t do it right.” What is your reaction?
    8. Right next to you there is a real professional. You always see that you can’t perform the way he does. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    10. You need to build a pyramid, exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

Block

1. Tell us what is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    2. Describe, please, your understanding of a beautifully dressed man or a woman. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as “classical beauty”? If so, what is it?
    4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What others think about your skill?
    7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    9. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?

Block

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    3. What does “my people” and “strangers” mean? When do “my people” become “strangers” and why?
    4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    5. Do you think it’s ok to occupy someone else’s territory? In what situations?
    6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    8. Describe to us your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?

Block

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain to a 10 year old child what boorishness means? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
    3. Can you justify somebody’s bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn’t taught how to do so?
    4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    9 . What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?

Block

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    6. What are right or wrong emotions?
    7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    8. What does it mean to “pour out your emotions”? How does it happen?
    9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?

Block

1. Do you like surprises?
    2. Tell us how people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you “kill” time? How?
    7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…

Block

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    2. What should be done so people can be happy?
    3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about him right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone’s talents?
    5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in him. What would make a person not interesting? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you “boring” and “not interesting”?
    6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: 1) fair; 2) not fair; 3) hurtful; 4) strange.
    7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Because insomnia.
    i think it's partially to see who can be bothered answering so many damn questions.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did. Looks I am ADHD and Insomnia free.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i think it's partially to see who can be bothered answering so many damn questions.
    They're really boring/stupid questions too. I'm gonna keep using this thing when I can't sleep. See how quickly I needed up going to bed?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    They're really boring/stupid questions too. I'm gonna keep using this thing when I can't sleep. See how quickly I needed up going to bed?
    Ended up, yeh. It's like reading a boring book to get you to sleep.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah autocorrect.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Block

Two methods to examine a topic. Either starting by an overview and then going in to detail, or starting with points that are summarized in the end.

2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    Something that is deductively reasonable. Something that makes sense. I think, that correlates with the common view.

Probably has something to do with sun dials. They already have 12 hours.

Could be a norm or a law or a commandment. What rules do I have to follow? Probably cardboard game rules. I'm not a good cheater.

An order of power. I don't have much of a choice, I cannot declare myself queen of the world. Natural authority is needed to rise up in hierarchy.

6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    I have a hard time with some of them. Especially the ones with complicated pictures. Too much words is also not good. Sometimes I like to figure out things for myself. That's the case with most electronic devices for example. I only need some basic instructions. For some things I like tutorial videos. I could probably create something like that, but not an instruction manual. I already have a hard time explaining my grandma computer stuff...

7. Please explain: “Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws”? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    Depends on what kind of freedom were talking about. If were talking about religion here and a freedom of sin, that statement is true. If we're talking about unjust laws of some countries, then those laws work against freedom.

Very much, I think.

Do people need it? Standard is just another word for mainstream, majority. It just happens.

10. You need to put in order your home library. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    I already once put my book shelf into order. I did this by throwing everything out, throwing the shitty books away and putting the good ones back, slightly sorted by genre, hiding the embarrassing books like Twilight in the second row. But I have to say, I have a thing for sorting things. As a child I spend hours and hours sorting my stamp collection. I'm like the guy from "High Fidelity" who keeps sorting his records when it comes to this.

Block

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is the opposite of leisure. Otium and negotium, the Roman would say. Time that I cannot spend for myself, but for surviving. Earning money, keeping the house clean, cooking, washing, ... Of course I couldn't do a work if I didn't have the skills for it.

2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    Not necessarily. The better the quality the higher the price, though, generally. Often the shitty stuff costs a lot of money, too.

3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    Ugh...if what needed to be done was done correctly. The quality of a purchase is good, when the things does what I wanted it to do.

4. How do you feel if you didn’t finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    As long as it's not finished, I don't feel too relaxed. It happens all the time. Because there's always something that needs to be done. That's life.

Interesting work is something that engages my mind. Something where I can use my favorite skills.

6. You go to the store and see something you’re interested in buying, there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it’s overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    I don't care about that. All I care about is how much I want the thing and how much money I am able spend.

7. When you work and someone tells you: “You don’t do it right.” What is your reaction?
    I will be startled at first. Then ask what I did wrong and gladly appreciate help.

8. Right next to you there is a real professional. You always see that you can’t perform the way he does. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    Slightly envious, but also interested in how he works.

9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    A little bit uncomfortable.

10. You need to build a pyramid, exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    I'm an archaeologist and I know that we don't know how the Egyptians built the pyramids. So, my reaction will be not doing anything at all until you find out how exactly pyramids were built.

Block

1. Tell us what is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    One may say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but I think that is not really true. Throughout the times and depending on the cultural background there have always been certain beauty standards. You learn to know what is beautiful.

2. Describe, please, your understanding of a beautifully dressed man or a woman. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    That depends on my taste. Which is hard to put into words. I really like medieval clothes. I think men in medieval tunics look gorgeous. Core of beauty... eh... golden ratio or something like that. I would probably explain it by giving examples of things I believe to be beautiful: sunsets, certain paintings, trees, the ocean...

3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as “classical beauty”? If so, what is it?
    There are certain standards, they depend on the cultural background. I've been taught to despise the term "classical" though. It's old stuff that is idealized like the art or literature of a certain period of time. The problem is, the more you repeat known patterns and concepts the more it gets boring and in the end you have something we Germans like to call "Kitsch". And that's not beautiful at all.

4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Lying on the sofa or falling asleep in the bathtub. Others don't evaluate my skill in how much I can create coziness. But I've been told I'm good at massaging.

5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    To a certain amount I follow fashion. If I go to the store most of the stuff I find there is fashionable. But I have my own style. I'm not too good at selecting clothes for other people than me.

I learn a recipe from my mother or I look into a cookbook or I just experiment. I love to experiment. And I'm good at it.

Yes, I can do that. I learned about colors in art, so I know for example that violet and green mixed together looks creepy.

8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    Not always. But I don't talk often about that.

9. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I would always do it myself!!! I don't need an interior designer. I can do that by myself.

10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?

Well, what you see at most fashion shows is bad taste. I sometimes seek opinions from others, but it's more for getting compliments I think.

Block

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    Not so good at this, wish I could do it.

2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    Not so sure, if I get the questions. It's probably something I'm bad at.

3. What does “my people” and “strangers” mean? When do “my people” become “strangers” and why?
    My people are the people I'm friends with or related to. Strangers are the rest. There's also a middle ground: acquaintances and colleagues. Wouldn't call them "my people". Friends can become strangers when I lose contact.

For me, I'd say only justified in computer games. I can be very strategical there. I have not much experience with strategically attacking someone in real life.

No.

6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?

This is all stuff I haven't really made up my mind about.

Words. My own confidence. My faith.

8. Describe to us your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I don't like opposition or conflict. I'm not so good at standing up for myself.

9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    Probably not.

10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    There are obvious signs for physical strength. The other thing is natural authority.

Block

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain to a 10 year old child what boorishness means? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    There's an English word I've never heard before. Well, it reminds me of the Latin word "ineptus" - behavior that is not acceptable in a certain situation. I wouldn't explain it to a child in a general way, but whenever something happens that is not acceptable I would tell him. I would probably rather not try to moralize an adult. Not so good at that.

How would I improve...? I can't. The only thing I can do is raise my children in a proper way, if everybody did that, most things would be alright.

3. Can you justify somebody’s bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn’t taught how to do so?
    Yes, probably, but it depends. Not everything is justifiable. And here in Germany we know that ignorance doesn't save you from punishment. Most people have a basic knowledge about what is good or bad. Some morals are innate.

4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?

Yes, someone can love and punish at the same time. A parent for example, or God. Love can be a violent thing, driven by wanting the best for the other person.

5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    Never heard of German hospitality. It's gone. Doesn't exist anymore. I would certainly say, the guest is king and I do everything to make him feel comfortable. I have been told by a Japanese girl that I behave like a Japanese person when it comes to hospitality.

Only when I realize the other person wants it. But most of the time I try to cheer people up and not only feel sympathetic for their misery.

7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Yes, I guess there are and I follow them, but at home I behave like a pig of I want to.

I probably judge it with the use of the Bible, as I'm a Christian.

9 . What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Well "moral" derives from the Latin word "mos" and that is nothing else but rite, tradition or custom. What is moral and immoral depends on the culture then. I think, it is quite bendable and has nothing much to do with the ultimate law of what is right and what is wrong, that is innate in some people. That may have an influence on the moral standards of a culture, but not always.

10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    Takes some time to forgive. I usually give not so close friends the silent treatment and don't show my negative attitude. The more I know someone, the more I am able to really state what pissed me of and not just fall into a depressed silent mood.

Block

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    Don't really get it right now. We all know that children cry for different reasons and not only because they are sad, also just because of stress or because they didn't get the toy they wanted. Anyway, I don't get it. What does "world" mean, because I understand "world" as everything, humankind and all children included. And the world certainly weighs more than the pain of one child. Though that can't be measured.

2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Yes, most of the time. What's inacceptable is if you're emotion is too different from that of the others. If you enter a room with a lot of depressed people and start laughing like an insane person for example.

It's not planned. If it happens, it happens. Sometimes I cannot hold back my tears even in public. I don't want strangers to see, but I can't help it.

4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    Crying, screaming, hysteric behavior. Sometimes people think, I've gone insane.

Fake emotions are shallow. The real ones are always deep.

Feeling lust and satisfaction while killing a person is probably a wrong emotion. Something that causes others to feel pain is wrong. Depression is wrong, as our brain just makes up an irrational feeling of sadness that can't be explained.

7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    I can change it. By playing music, for example. Not sure, whether I can change the emotional state of others. Sometimes I've been told I'm good at cheering others up when they are sad.

Probably bubbly laughter or a stream of tears.

I cannot see my face, so I don't really know. I guess, sometimes I'm an open book.

10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    I notice my mood and the mood of others very well.

Block

Good ones, yes. Bad ones...not so.

2. Tell us how people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?

People can change, but it's probably at first their life situation that changes and thus they are forced to change. Others can see the changes, the negative and the positive ones.

That is absolutely not true. Of course, you can learn from mistakes and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But some wounds can be caused that will never heal. You can try to make the best of every situation, but sometimes you will fail.

4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?

I'm not into occult stuff and most horoscopes are fake. I believe there is something like luck, but it can't be influenced.

I can forecast some things, by reading the signs. But the amount of stuff I cannot forecast is much higher.

Time is the thing that enables things to move and to live and to exist. The way we try to measure it by cutting it into pieces, hours, minutes, seconds - that's of course imaginative. Time seems to be relative. It's also a dimension just like space, I believe. I'm not that good at physics, though. If it's a dimension, it would be awesome to move beyond it. Anyway, I feel time sometimes moves slower or faster, but that's my subjective perception of it. When I'm in a state a flow - which just happened recently while I was writing on my thesis - I forget everything, my hunger, my thirst or my need to go to the toilet. And what seemed like 15 minutes are actually 3 hours. When I'm e.g. waiting for the train on the other hand, time moves so slowly.

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    I can get very excited about those things. I actually would want to know when it is supposed to happen, makes it easier to look forward to it.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    Not really. I would sometimes discuss those things with others only to see that they have a totally different impression of the situation, but in the end I'm often right. Two years ago I met a couple and I knew after the first day that they wouldn't stay together, that they would break up eventually. It happened half a year later.

Normally not. Sometimes maybe 5 - 10 minutes. I never show my frustration if someone is late, but I will be angry if I had to wait longer than half an hour.

10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
    Ok, I map out the words in my head before the meeting starts and I'm really eager to meet the person. When the person is not there after 20 minutes I call and ask why. The problem is solved there hopefully, if I don't reach them I'll try as long as I need to. And I get more angry and nervous with every passing minute.

Block

I would say, the meaning of this mundane life is making choices. This world is crafted as a test ground and "what we do in life echoes in eternity". Also, love could be defined as the meaning of it all. And, yes it's the same for everybody. I'm not too fond of all the individualism, everybody searching for themselves and for their own meaning of life. Everyone goes a different path in their lives, but the destination should be the same and the things we realize on our way.

I think, happiness comes from the inside. If you're a happy person you can share this happiness with others. If you're broken you will only carry broken feelings to other people and that ends in a vicious circle. We are in a vicious circle, so I doubt people could ever be happy in this kind of world. Also, there's nothing that can be done against natural evil.

3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?

Depends on the situation, but if I'm completely unfamiliar with it I will ask people who have been through the same or something similar for help.

4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about him right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone’s talents?
    I cannot say much about his talents until I see him doing something. Right away I can only say whether I think he's a happy person or a sad one.

5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in him. What would make a person not interesting? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you “boring” and “not interesting”?
    Ok, there's a person I believe to be very interesting, because he can get so enthusiastic about the things he likes, he's a talented musician and can play songs by ear, he's a little bit out of it and very forgetful, but can be the most caring and loving person I've ever seen, very thoughtful and considerate, he also has a great way of understanding the world. A very inspiring person. I think people who don't have a passion for something are not that interesting. I would consider myself interesting, but I can seem boring at first until I open up a little bit more and tell about myself.

6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: 1) fair; 2) not fair; 3) hurtful; 4) strange.
    There are many opinions I consider to be fair: Yes, I am lazy and yes, I have a selective perception, I also behave slightly neurotic from time to time. I'm not the most outgoing person, yes, a little bit shy. But I'm also perceived as insightful, intellectual with a lot of general knowledge (and thus often asked for help), sweet, very responsible... Opinions I have considered to be hurtful and both strange were: being selfish, not caring about my friends, being disloyal. Those were judgements I received from people who I consider to be egomaniacs. They couldn't stand the fact that I'm not always cheerful and willing to listen to their every problem for two hours on the phone, when I'm already supposed to study for my exams. I'm not selfish. In fact I care a lot about others and try to see things from their perspective.

I fantasize a lot, especially when I'm not in a good mood. Then I fantasize about bad things that could possibly happen and that only increases the anxiety inside of me. But sometimes I do it willingly for the sake of creating stories that I write down.

I guess, determination and discipline and talent - and an awful amount of luck.

A character flaw for example. We know that from tragic heroes.

10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    Being a good person. A good person is not always successful, maybe not in climbing the job ladder. He can be, but that depends on what people want him to do.
    Last edited by kadda1212; 03-06-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, you do sound like one merry ethical aristocrat, kadda1212

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, you do sound like one merry ethical aristocrat, kadda1212
    Thanks for the feedback. I updated the questionnaire, and answered the other questions now.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, Oh, Oh!

I just figured out Fetornado's name, which at first I thought was Russian! I didn't know Russian names end with "o" for the feminine! Then it dawned on me, it is "Fe Tornado." Ok, I get it.

Now, I have to go and give Hillary Clinton an orgasm. Thank you very much.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Oh, Oh, Oh!

I just figured out Fetornado's name, which at first I thought was Russian! I didn't know Russian names end with "o" for the feminine! Then it dawned on me, it is "Fe Tornado." Ok, I get it.

Now, I have to go and give Hillary Clinton an orgasm. Thank you very much.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I continue with:

Block

Beauty that that which you appreciate esthetically, but this should be understood in broader terms than the everyday use. To me, the most beautiful thing is the Human Condition.

A beautiful person to me is both esthetically and morally and exceptional person. It may sound corny, but I think the adult movies by Andrew Blake often picture beautiful people, or to put it better, he turns these people in esthetically pleasing 'objects' to look at, not just because they have beautiful bodies, but also because they often express attractive personalities.

I would explain about beauty to another person by pointing out to them that which they already appreciate as beautiful.

No and No. for most people, beauty is a cultural thing.

There is a Dutch word called "gezellig", and it is the embodiment of Si+Fi. Since our society is very much geared towards creating this atmosphere, most Dutch people are capable at it, and it's no big deal if you are good at it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gezelligheid

Thta's veru difficult. I just feel something is right for me and most of the time it is not right. Fortunately, I don't care all that much and I'm happy to wear $10 jeans made by Chinese slave girls.

I suck at it. Sometimes I surprise myself with something excellent, but that is usually the result of mere luck. I do largely follow recipes the first time, but since many recipes require adjustment, I always organize very well beforehand (e.g. make sure I do mise en place so I don't run into timing issues when things don't work out as the recipe said it should).

Quite the contrary. To solve this issue, I had my color profile created so I know which colors suit me and only chose colors that can be matched.

I have a personal opinion. I can't say beforehand what goes with what, but when I see it, I know if it is right or wrong.

I'm perfectly happy to have someone guide me, but I will have the final say after I have tested stuff.

I don't. But when it concerns me, I always go by my own judgement. I'd be uncomfortable if I would not be expressing that which I want to express (which is not much, BTW), rather than try to accommodate fashion trends. I am, however, not anti-fashion, and I look stunning in a tux.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. would you rather say "weather is nice, the sky is clear" or "weather is not bad, not a single cloud"?
    2. do you appreciate if someone asks you questions before you start a conversation and/or during your speech?
    3. when you speak, does your speech have raising intonation at the end (so it sounds like a question)? or it is lowering intonation (more like a statement)?
    4. when you buy a car, do you pay attention to the brand of a car or you pay attention to qualities of a car (safety, convenience, space inside etc.)?
    5.When you deal with the new situation, do you use only that information available at that time thinking that it is impossible to foresee everything. or in new situation you prefer to use all your past experience, and it may not be even relevant to this particular situation, trying to foresee everything or at least some things.
    6. If interrupted - can you go back to the thought process you had before and continue the conversation?

let's see these for now.
    1. Could say either. I use both styles interchangeably.
    2. I don't mind being asked questions before and/or during long talks, but not while working or when I'm concentrated.
    3. Could go either way. More often question-like sounding, perhaps.
    4. Both. It's all about comparing trade-offs.
    5. I prefer to use past knowledge and experience and foresee as much as possible.
    6. Sometimes.

1. systematic or spontaneous
    2. structure or flow
    3. plan or improvisation
    4. decision or impulse
    5. systematic or accidental
    6. organization or impulse
    7. preparation or impromptu
    8. Decisive or dedicated
    9. Hard or tenderhearted
    10. prone to criticism or benevolent
    11. advantage or luck
    12. head or heart
    13. thoughts or feelings
    14. analyze or sympathize
    15. factual or theoretical
    16. practical application or search for hidden meaning
    17. experience or theories
    18. judicious or amazing
    19. practician or dreamer
    20. realist or visionary
    21. reality or prospects
    22. noisy or quiet
    23. animated or calm
    24. sociability or concentration
    25. energy consumption or conservation of energy
    26. oriented to the outside world or oriented inward
    27. speak aloud or experience in itself
    28. brave or cool
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Park, consider highlight one word in every pair. please?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I considered it alright, but couldn't work through. The ones I left out are impossible for me to choose from without any context, nor do I want to state preferences I don't have.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Today I continue with:

Block

Beauty that that which you appreciate esthetically, but this should be understood in broader terms than the everyday use. To me, the most beautiful thing is the Human Condition.

A beautiful person to me is both esthetically and morally and exceptional person. It may sound corny, but I think the adult movies by Andrew Blake often picture beautiful people, or to put it better, he turns these people in esthetically pleasing 'objects' to look at, not just because they have beautiful bodies, but also because they often express attractive personalities.

I would explain about beauty to another person by pointing out to them that which they already appreciate as beautiful.

No and No. for most people, beauty is a cultural thing.

There is a Dutch word called "gezellig", and it is the embodiment of Si+Fi. Since our society is very much geared towards creating this atmosphere, most Dutch people are capable at it, and it's no big deal if you are good at it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gezelligheid

Thta's veru difficult. I just feel something is right for me and most of the time it is not right. Fortunately, I don't care all that much and I'm happy to wear $10 jeans made by Chinese slave girls.

I suck at it. Sometimes I surprise myself with something excellent, but that is usually the result of mere luck. I do largely follow recipes the first time, but since many recipes require adjustment, I always organize very well beforehand (e.g. make sure I do mise en place so I don't run into timing issues when things don't work out as the recipe said it should).

Quite the contrary. To solve this issue, I had my color profile created so I know which colors suit me and only chose colors that can be matched.

I have a personal opinion. I can't say beforehand what goes with what, but when I see it, I know if it is right or wrong.

I'm perfectly happy to have someone guide me, but I will have the final say after I have tested stuff.

I don't. But when it concerns me, I always go by my own judgement. I'd be uncomfortable if I would not be expressing that which I want to express (which is not much, BTW), rather than try to accommodate fashion trends. I am, however, not anti-fashion, and I look stunning in a tux.

Very interesting. Looks like you control this aspect pretty well, but it's undervalued and weak. I would have a bold suggestion about vulnerability a bit... Would be nice to see the as a contrast.maybe I will chang my mind completely.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. Looks like you control this aspect pretty well, but it's undervalued and weak. I would have a bold suggestion about vulnerability a bit... Would be nice to see the as a contrast.maybe I will chang my mind completely.
    What is your rationale for this conclusion?

Anyway, here's the Se you asked for:

I'm inclined to lead by coaching, not by dominance or charisma. But when extreme situations that require it, I can issue clear directive orders that do not leave anything to the imagination as to what is going to happen if people don't do as I say. The number of occurrences that I had to do this in my 47 years of life can, however, be counted on the fingers of two hands.

Since I'm not a native English speaker, I had to look it up on Webster.com: "a hostile entrance into a territory". IMHO, such an act may be acted against by any means possible, including illegal ones, provided you are willing to own up to your actions. But always strife for a response that is appropriately measured, and never ever act out of punitiveness. Acting out of punitiveness means you have lost the moral basis for your actions.

To me, this does not have much meaning, as I try my best to treat other people on their individual merits. I can, however, image situations in which I am cornered by other people into a specific group, in which case I will have no other recourse than to take side with the group I'm cornered in.

Yes, there are, I can not only use them, I also already did. It can be justified in two ways: the legal way, in which the law already has defined justifiable ways, and in a moral way, when you act to preserve something on the basis of a moral idea. Obviously, the legal and the moral can collide, so if you chose to attack on moral grounds, you should be willing to own up your actions when you are called to defend yourself in court.

Yes, when all means of survival available to you have been depleted.

physical force, social pressure, etc. What is most effective, is a philosophical question: you can never really prove a specific approach was really effective.

Fortunately I live in a society highly regulated by the rule of law. In the very few instances where I had to defend myself, I proved very capable of pulling the right strings with the right authorities to accomplish my goals.

One day I was walking downtown Amsterdam, and I wanted to check my wallet to see if I still had enough cash on me or if I had to go to an ATM to get some. I don't where how he appeared out of the blue, but suddenly there was a bum standing next to me begging for money. When I told him "no", he actually went to bent over my wallet to take a look into it. Next thing I see him jumping back out of my reach, and the next thing I notice is a fist to the right of me ready to deliver a punch. Next I realize that it is my own fist.

Most people consider me a gentle and kind person. The few that have crossed my boundaries have learned about my darker sides.

There are many ways in which a person can be strong. If physical strength is meant, with Betas it often can be easily perceived, because they make a sort of show of it. With people from other quadras, pattern recognition involving physical stength takes longer to develop, because Se is used in a more disguised way (Gamma), or only under exceptional circumstances (Alpha and Delta).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Block

If there is, I haven't found it yet. I imagine it to be something like reaching psychological symbiosis with a woman, but even about that I do not know if that is a healthy or neurotic goal.

Should people be happy?

I always go by my own guts, however, social situations demand that you provide prove for your insights. Thus there are many cases in which I keep my mouth shut and let the ship run aground, so I can say "I told you so..."

Many things. If they are honest, deluded, well-meaning, opportunistic etc.etc. Usually it means I write people off, but I never let them know that and show them my "accepting nature".

5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in him. What would make a person not interesting?

It is difficult to think of something, but in general I think I can say that the most interesting people are those who are capable of getting me into some kind of flow or transcendent mood. Uninteresting persons are those that are not capable of that, as well as those that are shallow, e.g. people that consider themselves my friends but can only talk about business and never share anything truly personal (typically because there are so shallow there actually isn't anything personal)

Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you “boring” and “not interesting”?

I have never heard anyone say that about me, neither have I heard anyone say the opposite.

Such a silly question: an opinion that I would disapprove of in one person would be totally tolerable in another. If you dislike someone, the way they hold their spoon can enrage you, if you really like someone, they could empty a bowl of soup in your lap and you won't mind.

My favorite fantasy is about smoking weed and then face fucking a somewhat chubby, submissive ILI woman who can appreciate all that shit.

To be successful is an overestimated goal in life.

I'm not the kind of person who believes there is a purposeful reason to everything, but even the unsuccessful person has a role to play. In many religions there is a sort of failure amongst the gods that screws up all the time, and in Islam even Lucifer has a side to him that makes him not the evil creature of Judaism and Christianity.

If there is no meaning to life, no thing can be important. Odd as it may seem, I do not exclude the possibility that smoking weed and face fucking an ILI woman satisfies both my need for symbiosis as well as hers. In that case, I would be both a good as well as a successful person....
    Last edited by consentingadult; 03-12-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Block

Often I ask myself when something happens: why am I not surprised?

People usually change quite gradually and unnoticed, often by means of socializations and the trends of the times they are living in. OIn a more personal level, people change because of crisis in their lives. Other people can see these changes (often also because such changes are unwanted and cause resistance), but they can only be understood by people who had similar experiences.

Good God, no! Many things have happened that I regret, and a very few I deeply regret, especially because of my role in them and also because there is no way to turn it into something better or to learn from it and do it better next time. Let me elaborate with that: When I was somewhat younger, I had all kinds of ideas about how relationships should be, most of them being ideas that were in phase with commonly accepted ideas in society, values such as (financial) independence, gender equality etc.etc. I was in a relationship with a woman who, in these respects, was as deluded as I am. We never really took care of each other, because that didn't fit our 'deluded' concepts of right behavior in a modern relationship. In 2003 she returned to the US, got into drinking and bad relationships again, and finally committed suicide in 2012, just 10 days after I realized how wring I was myself about relationship matters, and that I was actually the right kind of person who could keep her feet steady on the ground, as she was the right kind of person to do the same to me. I'm skipping a lot of important information here, but although I can't really put blame on myself for her suicide, I do now realize that I was perhaps one of the very few persons in this world that could have prevented this suicide, had I not had those delusional beliefs. So have I learned anything from it? Yes, but what good does that do? There's nothing that can turn this suicide into something good and I will have to live with that for the rest of my life.

Although I do not exclude the possibility of there being some kind of large scheme or ultimate goal to everything, I think horoscopes and fortune telling are things for the simple of mind. I think it is better to accept the mystery without trying to peel it down like an onion.

see #1.

Time does not exist as a thing in its own right. If is a filter through which we perceive reality, and although it can be functional, on a more metaphysical level it creates a distorted view of reality. Those who have perceived reality with the implicit sense of time eliminated out of it, have perceived a 'sharper' and better understood reality, a reality that above all is the result of not using yourself as the measure of all things (because that is what most humans unknowingly do). It is something that only people can understand who have experienced it themselves. They and I have no illusions about the "everyday reality" that usually surrounds us. Time exists to make humans function in groups, as social units. Functioning as social units do not require individual humans to have an accurate understanding of reality.

Yes, I can be very patient if I know if something is going to happen. Often I do not need to know when, but in some cases it might be important so you can take measures that prevent or reduce such events from having an impact on you. Take, e.g. the bank crisis of a few years ago. There was a period that was very vulnerable to stupid actions by some people, which could have caused ATMs no longer spitting out money the next morning. So in those days I made sure I had enough cash in case someone would screw up. But I keep such actions within reasonable bounds; I would not resort to a survivalist mentality and prepare for the worst. Preparation for those events that are a reasonable possibility, is perfectly okay.

No, I'm very capable of figuring out possible outcomes myself, and in cases where I can't, most other people can't either. On top of all that, I'm a big believer in the Thomas theorem.

I'm already somewhat older, so I own up to my actions. Often being late is not a matter of bad timing skills, it's a matter of passive/aggressiveness or lack of consideration for other people. I either make sure I'm on time for appointments (provided there is such an exact need), or I make clear to people that I feel no need to meet with them.

If someone is late, how I react depends on the reason. Sometimes people have valid reasons for being late, but these are incidents. I the recent years, I have noticed that especially younger people very frequently do not arrive on time for appointments and expect other people to accommodate such behavior. I always make it clear to them: be there of be square. In the past few months, I had two young kids ccommuting with me to work, and both were late at the rendezvous point ("why am i not surprised?"), which meant they had to find some other way to get to work.

There are two possible situations: Either I think "why am I not surprised?", or based upon my knowledge of their character, I feel that they might have legitimate reasons for being late. Also, IME, in these days where most people have access to cell phones, most of them will call if they cannot make it in time, which is usually a good enough excuse. I hardly know any people who make it a habit of coming late (perhaps also because people who do have such habits also have other habits that aren't attractive to me). In a very few cases people arrived to late for a meeting and I felt this showed disrespect for my interests. In such cases, when they 'apologize', I reply to them that it's okay, that I assume it's not their habit to be late. This usually is enough to get the message across.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 03-12-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a note, I'm re doing the first 4th block questions because last time it didn't save, thus my answers can be a bit biased since I had time to think
    over it (more or less). Also, thanks for reading throught this, it's quite a long read.

Block

General is the wide aspect of a subject. Specific is a tiny aspect of a subject.
    General to specific means to have the big idea first, the whole understanding and then try to get it better and more "logical", understable, by looking at the tiny pieces making the general subject. Specific to general is the other way around, going from little to big.

Logical means that it is... I so much want to quote the dictionnary
    Ok, from my point of view I see logical as a math like doing. If you think in a logical way, it means that you are thinking in term of math like, thus if mister 1 is doing this, then mister 2 should be doing this and such. That's how I understand being "logical", not being objective (even though it might be the dictionnary definition), but acting step to step, very robot like. I don't know if it correlates with the common view.

12 part of a clock, it might be anything. It might be because of the sun and the moon, might be because there are 24 hours a day and they wanted to split it into two parts. It might also be because the people who created clock wanted to show their worker than, since there are 24 hours a day, they should spent 12 hours working and 12 hours resting, half and half, seems a good deal to me.
    Otherwise I would just stop speculate and look it up on Wikipedia

Boom => dictionnary
    A rule is something you must follow, if you don't you get punished for your action. You must follow every rules that you think are valuable at being followed.

Hierarchy is something that is in place in our society and day to day work. It is needed for the society to advance, at least it is being thought of as the best for our current day society to go forward. We need to follow it until we have enough power to change it.
    If you are fine with it, it's good, if not, and want to change it, you need power to do it.

Instructions, stuff that is given to you so you can easily process something that would be difficult to process without them.
    I do use them, faster and easier. Thought I ask someone if he knows how to do it so I don't have to go throught the instructions, it's boring.
    I could write an instruction manual (logical think) step by step, and maybe adding some overall knowledge to it if it's a complicated subject (i.e science).
    Any intructions manual I feel with the condition that I must have a complete understanding of the subject (even thought complete is not objectively attainable).

Freedom is decided by oneself, if you want to be free, be it. If you don't want to be free, don't be free.
    I want to note that I keep talking like that, but on a day to day basis (i.e in front of people) I'm more gentle in my thought and more subdued, really, a
    lot more gentle.
    The statement is subjective, you take it as how you want to it. (I also want to note, that my answers are completely different from what I wrote yersteday,
    - the message that was deleted).

Not consistent at all, I'm going to repeat what I said yersteday, because I feel like it's the most accurate.
    The morning I could have an awful grin on my face and be upset, then 50 mins later in the car I could be filled with joyce, then being horny as hell in the train
    station (thought it's more towars the end of the day...) anyway, and then really thoughful in the train, etc...

Standart is something you must attain in order to be acceptable by society. If you don't attain it you are not being valued and accepted by society, thus you are being denied your right of free expression, at least, not being backed up by society.
    People need it so other people can "objectively" (here defined by society objectivity) know what a person is worth, objectively.

The thing is, in my head, I know for a fact, that everytime, when I have to make a choice, it is a lot more complicated that "do it, not do it" even thought I hope it'd be this easy. So I'll be torn with the question "do I really need to
    do it?" and at the end I'll not do it.
    If nobody tells me it needs to be put in order I know that I will never do it, except on a whim. ;D

Block

Work is an activity that is done by people. It has been called that. They go to work to earn money. If you have the qualification for this work, or if it fits your ethical limits.

It depends, seriously. Like Quality is quality, the object is weel done the fabric are of high quality and such. On the other hand, quantity is just a stuff to get by, so you can produce as much low end product than you'll be able to sell for low prices. It is needed for bad quality objects to live. I was going to say that I despite that, but it's a good thing, since some people really need cheap objects, since they can't afford expensive ones.
    The price depends on the quality because of the fabric, the expertise, the people who engineered the product, the handcraft, the technologies insered into it, etc...

Quality of work is determined by people who it is their job to do. They determine such quality. I do pay attention to it, if it is needed I will look the information online, or ask people's advices for it.

I feel bad. It happens all the time . The reasons are mainly because I can't be asked more, I have overloaded, and I want this stuff to get out of my view.
    So I sent it straight away if I'm out of time, or go back at it if I have more time.

Work that fulfill your mind. You do it and you are realising that it is actually useful and you like it because of that. I like the fact that I'm learning something that could help me in every aspect of life, then I think about it and where it could be of use, where it is being used and realised what place it holds within our world (talking about technologies here). And it makes me happy to know that I have learned that and took "pleasure" out of it (very light hearted pleasure ).

I look at every aspect of the package, the information of the product and such, get everything I want or feel like is needed to chose the right product.
    Then I make my choice accordingly to my conclusions.

"Cool"
    But then, I'll probably ask him why, why I am not doing it right; what it is that he finds offensive in my work.
    Then I will see what he tells me, if it is good I take his advice, if it is not I don't take it, and maybe I'll try to explain to him why I'm doing it this way and not his way. And if he's stubborn I'll probably lie to him and lead him into
    a wrong path so that he fails completely the problem.

I know he's a pro, it's normal that I can't do stuff that he has practised everyday for many years, I don't feel bad about that. If it interests me I'll ask
    him some questions and advices.

I actually don't care, I need help, give me your help.

If I really need to build it for real. Hire guys who knows better than me.

Block

Beauty is stuff that people describe as a mean to categorize people.
    I don't think I change my opinion on beauty, as I think it is a general meaning. I do change my view, specificaly, on beauty, for exemple this blue is better than this red, which I thought was the other way around before (changed my view on beauty).
    Also I think beauty as many facets. It is at the same time, for me, physical beauty, harmony in clothes choices, harmony in thinking processes, etc.. I can find the most physicaly repulsing man beuatiful just because of his actions and words. But I can't find the most attractive woman/men beautiful if his behaviour (words, actions) is disgusting, by that I mean that he doesn't respect people, and judge too fast on people (which I really hate). Everyone was born equal and given a chance, let them be, everyone has the right to make a mistake.

I don't think my view enter the generally accepted notion, since I think the generally accepted notion is the society notion, or the most generally known notion, which is physically beauty. And I do think it is much more than that, and I'm happy it is, otherwise it'd would be a very sad world to live in. I don't know what goes beyong the generally accepted notion, sorry.

The harmony between the association of his/her clothes and how it machtes the color of her make up and such.
    I tell him the dictionnary/society definition of beauty (which is sad) and then I tell him my own point of view of beauty (everything I've written above) so he can make his mind up by himself :3

No, no template. It might be, but not for me.
    Classical beauty, there is, I'm sure someone as written something very thourough on it.
    I don't know what it is, I'll have to look it up. (Which I probably won't)

Confort, it's cool, I'm being confortable (I don't pay attention to it). Coziness, same stuff, happen by itself
    I put agreable furniture that I think will make me comfortable and cozy.
    I don't know how others evaluate my skills at doing so, since I have never done it. I don't know if I agree with them, I guess I would, but lightly, pointing to them every things I have thought of that could be ameliorated.

I pick them so they fit me good. I do follow fashion (a bit, not too much), sometimes I want to be dressed in a socially acceptable way.
    I kind of know how to select diffrent clothes for different types of figures, I'll look it up again just to be sure thought.

I cook the way I cook (I don't know how I cook, it happens). I do follow recipes, I trust the guy who wrote the thing to be better than me.
    They don't think about my skills I think. The only cooking I have done was to myself and to my mother (which, for my mother, was pasta <3)

I think I can handle it. I will not try too complicated things thought.

If he's categoric about it and don't want to change his mind, I'll make it so that I make fun of him.
    If he's just telling me what is, from his experience, what goes with what the best way, I'll, by the same processing, test it, think about it, and answer him back.
    Until we have talked about every type of color and what goes best with what

I don't know, I need to get knowledge on how to design a room. But, I'll look it up, get some knowledge, see what is best and so, and test it out so I end up with something nice. I can do it myself I suppose, after long research, so if someone knows how to do it, I'll just ask him to do it, it'll spare me the searching.

Based on my personal criteria, I check the person taste, in food, in color, in clothing and such. But it is after a long talk with that person that I'll deduce if he has a bad taste or not. It can't be done just on a whim, maybe he just has a bad day, didn't have time to dress up, etc...
    I seek opinion from others, it is always good to know what others think.

Block

I guess I can, but I'll probably not do it, it's mean, and I don't like being mean for nothing.
    I will use methods I find necessary to achieve my goal, but it's the same as above, I don't like it very much to make people do things they don't want.
    I can press people, but only a light bit, not much (still a bit thought ).
    It happens by light questions and making them think about it, how it'll be better for them, what awaits them after it, etc.. I'll kind of tell them what they could
    get from it, and that it will be good for both of us.

Incursion, when you make an intrusion into someone "realm" (by realm I mean his personal "sphere" of action, which everyone in the world has, and protect dearly).
    In my head, I deal with it by saying rude things and telling the guy to get away fast or he ends up bad. IN reality, I wait a bit to see where he's going to go, if I think the guy is going to go into my sphere to play with me, I'll calmly but surely tell him to stop, and at the end, he'll stop, because I'll increasingly tell him to stop with an increasing intensity. It's a second nature to me, I do it without nearly thinking of it. If it bothers me, I'll deal with it, but in a soft way, the way I described above (the "in reality" way ^^).

My people, the people that I care about, strangers, the people that I don't know, that I'm not affiliated with, yet.
    They become stranger when they act in a way that tells me that they don't acknowledge me anymore, that they think I'm full of sh***, and stuff. Basically
    when I can't understand them, I'll just draw away from them.

The only strategies of attack I have are soft strategies (the one I say in the first question of the Se block). I can use them, yes.
    When I want something done I suppose, and that I need the help of others, or that when I don't want to do something so I try to convince the people that it will be good for them to do it for me (kinda).

I don't think it's okay to be honest. I think it is justified to make a point, if the guy is causing you trouble, go into his territory and make him understand that you are not someone that he can play with (with more conviction this time, so he understand that you are not here for nothing), make it clear that it is not okay for him to act like that.
    When the guy is causing you problems, or when you want to ask someone something, be very gentle, say please, thanks, etc.. So he understand you mean no harm (lol),
    and that you are nice.

I don't like being in the face of people, I can really control how they will react, and it can kind of blow up to my face.
    I think it is most effective when the guy keep harassing you and all you tried before hasn't worked, get in his face, tell him to not f**** with you again.

I think I have described above by what means I protect myself and my interest. I make myself clear everytime I sens the person is going too far too many times.
    But, as I said before, gently. (It can get a bit more "rude" if I "feel" like he "deserves" it, it's very subjective).

I think that I would like not to use force, I don't like it
    If the person can be calmed down by words and persuasion, I will more likely tell him that's it's on me, it's me who is the problem and that I'm very sorry.
    Then I'll hate myself for it, because I find it dumb as hell, and just to think of it (it has happened to me before) makes me mad.

Hum, I think (now I'm more "natural" than I was before, at least I like myself more) that before, no, people would maybe see me as a strong person, but I would saw me as a weak person. But now, others might see me as a weak person (I let my emotions show, I'm very gentle, kind), but I think, to myself, that I'm a stronger person.

"Strong" I think it's when you have the talent to be respected and kind at the same time, but that you CAN also be in the face of people without second thinking, that if someone bother you, you deal with it straight away, and in a way that nobody will question you again (I think).
    I don't really know the sign, he will not himself be questioned, I think, he knows what will needed to be done (I think).
    The core of any force, thinking and acting I think, being smart enough and brave enough to face everything and to have enough strenght to protect those you hold close to you in your heart. If you can't be able to protect those you love, I think that you are not "allowed" to call youself "strong", or, in my opinion, a man (in my opinion).
    Listen to one person but not the other because you need confidence, if you put your arguments in front of people in a non affirmative way, that you "are not sure" that you "are probably wrong" etc...
    Defistism basically, you can't get an idea throught if you don't have confidence in it. Anyway, I guess it's confidence, I could write you an essay on the thing, so I'm going to stop here

Block

I looked it up on the internet, I'm french, didn't know what it meant. Apparently it is behaving in an unappropriate way, being rude.
    I think it does correlate with the generally accepted notion.
    I would tell him in very simple words with exemple so he can understand it fully and make his own mind, thought I would prefer him to act nicely.
    The same would go for an adult, I might tell him in a more sublte way that I think he might be behaving badly, but that's about it. I think I might be a bit more pushy with the adult, not 100% sure.

God, what a question
    Well, like my father told me, I would improve it at my scale, just be nice to everybody, but "moral" too, don't let yourself get walked over. But firmly be nice and gentle to any person, it should do the trick.

Yeah, I can. Even thought it's a bit sad.

Yeah, punishing comes from loving. If you don't love someone, you will not punish him, you will let him die in his despairness, which is sad.
    Love is something that happens between people who hold themselves very dearly to each other.

I haven't heard of the southerm hospitality, thus now I have, the same goes for the german hospitality.
    To me, the german hospatility is the one I would agree the more with. Because it's their house, their "territory" they built it with their money, which was earned by their work. So, in my sens, the master house the house, while you are in his house, is the master.
    If you don't like it, leave his house, and go find someone else, but you can't tell someone how to live in his house if what he's doing is in acceptable (by acceptable i mean that he doesn't goes against the society rules, which are the rules he must follow because he's living into this society, so he must follow those rules) to what is allowed in society.

It is something you give to someone when you feel it is best used. You use when you feel it is needed (not really much to say), when the person is sad I guess, to reconfort him.
    It is advised not to? I don't know When the person is mad and is going to yell at you for trying to reconfort him?

There are, I do try to follow some of them, yes. But, not all people do follow them, because they are maybe not aware of them, or because they don't care or don't feel like it.

I don't really know I think. I just try a bit and see if it works, I guess.
    I can materialise it for you, be nice when you don't know the people, have a big smile on your face (always nice to have with introducing), giving a firm hand shake, etc..
    And from this basics you do your stuff. The same goes here, it's more or less, it depends greatly on the situation and I don't want to extand myself too much on it, it could take hours.

Moral is what is in accordance with society I suppose. The same goes with immoral.
    But, to be honest, I have my own code of moral or immoral and they are very subjective, and are my own, and if I feel like they are biased, I try to change them for the best, etc..
    I'm sure, for a fact, that my understanding does not correlate with others, I despise people mistreating other people because they have done something that is "immoraly correct within society".
    It disguts me the most when people think they can act, themselves, even worse than the people they are blaming, just because this person did something wrong, arghhhh.
    My correctness is completely subjective and thus is not correct, I just find it the best way for me to deal with people and the world, I guess.

I try to change his attitude into a positive one, I guess. I could, but I would in order to make a point. I would by being very "dumb" and using all the little dirty tricks that make no sens to prove him he's wrong.
    I could give the silent treament, yes. Even thought I don't find it very "good", in a way that it does not make things better in my opinion. I think I don't forgive easily people who have dearly offensed me and keep thinking it's "alright"
    to lightly offense me because the last time I did nothing. These people I don't forgive.

Block

That nothing in the world could explain that a child could be mistreated or hungry, stuff like that. I agree on this opinion, no one should be mistreated, but it happens, and we have to live with it.

Of course it is, we are human, thanks god. Emotions that are being espressed to try to get something out of it, is really a bad use of emotions.

Yes, I can. By negative, do you mean anger? or something else? Because anger, I express it all the time, and I don't think it is a bad emotion.
    If it's anger, envy, such things, I would not define them as negative emotions, but as "good" emotions in a way.
    Negative emotions are for me emotions that break you into 2 half, and not clean half, so, in this way, I would not want to express those emotions, at all, in any situations.

Like I said above, if it's anger or stuff, it's fine, otherwise, no thanks.
    Others thinks whatever they want to think of it.

I don't know, let me look it up. Ok, it means that you are not able, or don't want to express your emotion too vividly, because you think it is innapropriate, or because it is useless to be so much expressive.
    That it'll just go away in not time, so why worry about it (kinda).
    There are a lot of other emotions, of course, vivd emotions, being expressed everywhere. Well i do think that shallow emotion are not naturally expressed emotion, it's something that you know you have to express to
    please others demands.

None.

Yes I can. Of others, not so sure. I would prefer positive a lot more.

To let everything you have on your mind go away, and tell all that stuff to someone who you know will care for you, or at least listen to you and not mock you afterwards.
    It happens when you think you need to unload because you feel that if you don't you'll try to think it by yourself and it won't work, or something like that.

At the moment, kind of, yeah. Before, not at all, I would be proud on the exterior and sad and little on the inside.

Yeah. A bit yeah.

Block

Yeah, I do. It's fun

They change so much, but at the same time, they can stay the same. I have these friends I see everyday, I'm not too close to them, I can see their mood shifting, I can guess what is probably going on in their head, but I can really see them change, they more or less stay the same.
    I think the changes are tiny, the mood changes, and how other little stuff like that changes aswell, but they don't really change as a whole, they kind of stay the same within, kinda.
    I think other are seeing the overall changes but not the tiny changes.

No, not at all. Whatever happens, sometimes it can be bad, and it can affect you greatly.

Bullshit. My father told me that it was useful for some person, that they would made their decisions uppon what was written in the horoscopes, well good, it has some use for some people. Luck, I do believe in it yeah, some stuff happens randomly, thought you can influence luck ^^

I don't know if I can forecast events. I can guess what would happen in some times, but I don't call it "forecast".
    You could guess what could happen considering what you are seeing at the moment, you could guess what would happen.
    I don't like the "real" term, but yes it is real, you can guess what is going to happen, more or less, never sure at full.

Time is something that pass, it is never stopped, it is always evolving, never resting. I feel it like a flowing road that is dense and that I can go on it.
    I'm not sure I could "kill" time, if by it you mean just stop it and do nothing as it is something, for me, that never stops, it'd be impossible for me to do so.

Hum, I would prefer the event to just happen so I could stop worrying about it. Usually I prepare for it as much as I can, so it gets the pressure away.
    At the same time I'm happy to have time before an important event so I can work on it.
    If I don't know what is supposed to happen but I know that it is an important event. Hum, lol. I don't think about it, I know that I have this place I need to be at that time.
    But that's it.

I determine it by myself. If I want to, I concentrate a bit, and see how things could go, what the possibilities could be.
    Yeah, to be honest, sometimes I do trust what I think is going to happen.

I'm, most of time, never late. If it's a teacher, somehow, I don't really care, but if it's some friends that told me they would be here at 20cet and they come at 20.15cet, I lose my mind. And if I told them I would be here at 20cet and I'm late, I lose my mind.

a) How will she be dressed? From where she'll come, surely from here? Where should I wait so I have a view of the whole thing? etc..
    b) it'll nearly be time, (still processing the same thought as a))
    c) Ho, she's late, where is she, what is happening, maybe she's just late, maybe this maybe that, etc
    d) Still speculating but harder this time, like really going into things, really speculation real hard (usually I left after 15 mins btw :3)
    e) I think at this point I might lost my mind at speculating and I better just leave, ask the girl what's up over facebook
    (usually I would stop the speculating before it comes to strong, because it makes me stress a bit, and I don't like it when I'm stressed)

Block

Life should be lived I think. Sometimes I realised that life is beautiful, better not kill yourself, that's how I see it.
    The thought of a "meaning" to life, I would try to think of it, and my brain would explode because its meaning could be so wide and so different for every person.

Things that make them happy, and that they don't think too much, even it's hard to attain happiness, I'm not sure it is necessary to be able to live.
    But, yes, It is good to be happy.

I will ask people what should be done, my friends, parents and brothers usually (teacher if they can help me too).

Hum, not much. I need to talk to him first. I can say a bit, but not much. And I would prefer not to, I might be wrong.
    Talking to him so I can more or less get a bit of what he is about. Someone's talents, I think it does not take that long, if you get him right in the first place, which might be tricky...

I don't care I think. If he's interesting, he is, if he is not, he is not. The only moment I put someone's qualities on the table is to make a choice (i.e, should I take him or him to make this work, who would be better).
    I could list a ton of stuff that don't make a person interesting but I think it's not important. I don't think it is. You "know" from talking if a person is interesting to you or if he's not, end of it.
    If someone calls me boring, or uninteresting, well, to be honest, I think, if I don't hold the person dearly, that I would not really care. Otherwise It might be hurting.

1)Logical opinions?
    2)Opinions that are based off nothing
    3)Being rude opinions that have no sens but just to hurt people.
    4)Opinion based on only one own thoughts who will not acknowledge that he's wrong

I do, about women generally. Then they fade away because nothing is perfect :3

Be nice and tolerent to people. Be outgoing and understanding. Be acceptive and compassionate of people.
    Ho wait, he will not be succesful with those qualities, let me rephrase :
    Logical, selfish, knows how to make aquaintances, hard working, enjoying good beer with teachers and bosses, having a knack for getting in people agenda, smart, innovative, don't give up easily, etc...

Nothing can stop someone from being successful, only himself.
    But not everyone is ready to drop everything for, in my point of view, a selfish dream as being succesful. Because, in my opinion, you need to be a certain kind of person to attain a certain degree of recognition.
    Thought it could be possibly attained while still being a "good" man/woman.(I'm not going to define good here )

I think being a good person is better. Well first because I think being successful takes too much out of a man (or woman) and that you need to make to many sacrifices to attain it, and I'm not ready to do that (yet?).
    A good person might or might not be successful. Well here successful needs to be defined, maybe this person, is for him, and/or the person he helped a successful human being. But towards society he might be a homeless person, thus not successful at all.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Block

Ideally, work is that what you do to meet physical survival needs: food in your stomach, a roof over your head etc. Obviously, in the modern age, work can also serve other needs, such a the need to be part of a social group, or to express your creativity. I myself am a purist: work is to fulfill physical survival needs, and as such, there is no need to work 40 hours a week. That leaves a lot of time for other interesting things, such a study and socializing. Some needs that other people need work for, I can have fulfilled in other, more effective and efficient ways.

I could write a large essay on that, or to put it differently, there is no short answer to this question.

Most people don't determine the quality of work, they are socialized instead to hang on to certain standards.

It depends on if there is a real need to finish work. When there is a need, I always get it done, if there isn't I'm more flexibile. The Eisenhower matrix over the years has become second nature to me.

There is no work that's below my level, although there is work that I would not be competent at. As I said, work to me is largely a matter of getting your stomach filled.

There is no such thing as overpriced, underpiced or priced correctly. There are only the questions "can I afford it?", "do I really need or want it?" and "can my needs be better met with something else for the same price?" The underlying principle here is not that I want bang for my buck, but that in fact I have very little needs. Because I have very little needs that cost money, I don't have to work 40 hours a week and can go to college instead.

Depends on the person, the context. Reactions vary from a cooperative attitude to outright resistance to the accusation.

I respect his competence and simply acknowledge that it is beyond me. I know I have certain qualities and others that I lack. No need for me to compare myself with someone else, and as such, I have no emotional response. Of course, I'm always willing to learn.

When I was younger, I was more sensitive to it, but nowadays, if I can't do it by myself, I'm perfectly happy to ask for assistance or directions. In many cases, people are most happy to be of help, so it encourages social interaction, which is always a nice bonus.

Wrong, I don't need to build a pyramid.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Block

Never heard of that one before, so I can't comment.

It is completely acceptable to express emotions, provide you keep them to yourself and don't force them on on other people. Also, emotional expression should be self-motivated. Most people express emotions because they are conditioned to do so.

I don't think I use Fe (reactive) emotions all that much, instead I do express emotions of an Fi (affective) nature all the time, both positively and negatively.

It is usually about rejecting an individual or expressing dislike about something. I'm good at using irony and sarcasm. People respond differently to it.

Shallow emotions are those that are expressed as a result of socialization. I hate people that have not individuated well.

Emotions, be they reactive or affective, are usually the result of a response to external influences that have gone through a filtering cognitive schema. Schemas can fit reality or not. In cases where schemas do not fit reality, often wrong emotions occur, emotions that harm relationships. Right emotions occur when the realistic schemas are applied. It is not the type of emotion that can be right or wrong. E.g. anger or rage can be appropriate emotions if people truly cross your boundaries, and as such effective in helping to re-establish those boundaries.

Yes and yes. I think it is my forte to make people that can't create a feeling of attachment to other people themselves, feel connected anyway. But this a more feeling of being connected on a personal level than to a group.

From my POV, people who pour out their emotions should get their asses kicked. Pouring out your emotions is such an hysterical thing to do.

No, I'm quite capable of playing a role.

I notice it when there is a need for it, but I do not track it. As to the mood of others, yes, it is in important clue that guides how to interact with another person. It is especially important when someone is in a negative Fe mood, since in those cases, my natural inclination is to disapprove of such situation and start screwing with these people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12