Thread: New Type Representatives 2014 edition

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default New Type Representatives 2014 edition

The original thread started by Krig is here, for reference, although I think it wise to start afresh rather than just merely bump that one: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...epresentatives

Around that time I created a test where in the type profiles at the end I felt compelled to put an image of a famous person in each, so I had something in mind. I think at least three I weren't happy with.

One goal which was suggested before is to create a list with only women on it...on my list I could have had the Queen as ESI but having 15 males and 1 female on the list seemed very odd so I went the whole hog and had 16 males. I think anyway in the case of people like her majesty and Shakespeare they are in danger of being archetypes rather than individuals in their own right, and so perhaps be avoided.

Criteria I tried to keep in mind is that a person ideally be well-known worldwide, or at least prominently historic, that they not be too prone to the frivolities of modern gossip (ideally, they'd be dead), and that they be reasonable examples of their type...and perhaps further, they be head and shoulders above other representatives of their type.

My current list, in metamorphosis:
    ILE - Horatio Nelson
    LII - René Descartes
    SEI - Paul McCartney
    ESE - Robin Williams

SLE - Winston Churchill
    LSI - Harry S. Truman
    IEI - John Keats
    EIE - John F. Kennedy

SEE - Lyndon Johnson
    ESI - Richard Nixon Queen Elizabeth II
    ILI - Isaac Newton
    LIE - Bill Gates

IEE - Mark Twain
    EII - Fyodor Dostoevsky
    SLI - Steve McQueen
    LSE - Thomas Edison
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 02-28-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Laughing View Post
    The original thread started by Krig is here, for reference, although I think it wise to start afresh rather than just merely bump that one: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...epresentatives

Around that time I created a test where in the type profiles at the end I felt compelled to put an image of a famous person in each, so I had something in mind. I think at least three I weren't happy with.

I think one goal would be to create a list with only women on it...on my list I could have had the Queen as ESI but having 15 males and 1 female on the list seemed very odd so I went the whole hog and had 16 males. I think anyway in the case of people like her majesty and Shakespeare they are in danger of being archetypes rather than individuals in their own right, and so perhaps be avoided.

Criteria I tried to keep in mind is that a person ideally be well-known worldwide, or at least prominently historic, that they not be too prone to the frivolities of modern gossip (ideally, they'd be dead), and that they be reasonable examples of their type...and perhaps further, they be head and shoulders above other representatives of their type.

ILE - Horatio Nelson
    LII - René Descartes
    SEI - Paul McCartney
    ESE - Robin Williams

SLE - Winston Churchill
    LSI - Harry S. Truman
    IEI - John Keats
    EIE - John F. Kennedy

SEE - Lyndon Johnson
    ILI - Isaac Newton
    LIE - Bill Gates

IEE - Mark Twain
    EII - Fyodor Dostoevsky
    SLI - Steve McQueen
    LSE - Thomas Edison
    Very UK/USA centric.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Tom Edison was SLI...but close enough..
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    Very UK/USA centric.
    If you know of better and more prolific people, then please do say!

It would be difficult to argue against the inclusion of Charles Dickens for example when he is one of the most widely published authors of all-time...I'm surprised that he's not really been discussed before.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I thought Tom Edison was SLI...but close enough..
    that level of difference is not close enough for this. I think his type has not really been satisfactorily explained and in any case, he may not be a completely desirable person to have.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 02-28-2014 at 12:30 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

George Washington can represent me.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Laughing View Post

I think one goal would be to create a list with only women on it...on my list I could have had the Queen as ESI but having 15 males and 1 female on the list seemed very odd so I went the whole hog and had 16 males. I think anyway in the case of people like her majesty and Shakespeare they are in danger of being archetypes rather than individuals in their own right, and so perhaps be avoided.

ILE - Horatio Nelson
    LII - René Descartes
    SEI - Paul McCartney
    ESE - Robin Williams

SLE - Winston Churchill
    LSI - Harry S. Truman
    IEI - John Keats
    EIE - John F. Kennedy

SEE - Lyndon Johnson
    ILI - Isaac Newton
    LIE - Bill Gates

IEE - Mark Twain
    EII - Fyodor Dostoevsky
    SLI - Steve McQueen
    LSE - Thomas Edison

Hooray, WHITE PEOPLE!!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    George Washington can represent me.
    Uhhhh, WOULD he?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Hooray, WHITE PEOPLE!!!
    White people are a myth.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rene Descartes is so full of shit he can't possibly be LII. I bet my five year old cousin could argue better. Descartes can be an undualised EIE or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ILE - Themistocles
    LII - René Descartes
    SEI - Epicurus
    ESE - ?

SLE - Marquis de Sade
    LSI - Vladimir Putin
    IEI - Hans Christian Andersen
    EIE - Cicero

SEE - Julius Caesar
    ESI - Queen Victoria
    ILI - Augustus
    LIE - Bill Gates

IEE - Mark Twain
    EII - Marcus Aurelius
    SLI - Steve McQueen
    LSE - Katharine Hepburn

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horatio Nelson
    I like him as our representative, based on what wiki has to say about him he seems ILE enough

Themistocles
    Could be, at least he's got the Fi PolR

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, Epicurus.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Hooray, WHITE PEOPLE!!!
    I propose Nelson Mandela for EIE.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I swear Bill Gates is a Ne ego.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Isaac Newton really ILI? I think he sounds like an autistic LII from everything I've heard about him.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still not done, but this is what I have so far:

NEW TYPE REPRESENTATIVES, CONTEMPORARY 20TH CENTURY EDITION, sort of.

BETA

SLE: Ernest Hemingway, Jack Kerouac, Marlon Brando, Henry Rollins

“If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.”

LSI: George Orwell, James Dean, Takeshi Kitano, Ernesto "Che" Guevara

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

EIE: Hugh Hefner, John F. Kennedy, Steve Jobs, ?

“To begin with, I fought racism, then sexism, now I'm fighting ageism. One defines oneself in one's own terms. If you let society and your peers define who you are, you're the less for it.”

IEI: Albert Camus, Julian Assange, Ingmar Bergman, ?

“There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.”

GAMMA

SEE: Elvis Presley, Muhammad Ali, Charles Bukowski, ?

“Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.”

ESI: Georgia O'Keeffe, Bob Dylan, ?, ?

“I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down.”

LIE: Yukio Mishima, John Coltrane, Sacha Cohen Baron, ?

“Real danger is nothing more than just living. Of course, living is merely the chaos of existence, but more than that it's a crazy mixed-up business of dismantling existence instant by instant to the point where the original chaos is restored, and taking strength from the uncertainty and the fear that chaos brings to re-create existence instant by instant. You won't find another job as dangerous as that. There isn't any fear in existence itself, or any uncertainty, but living creates it.”

ILI: Niels Bohr, Joseph Campbell, Carl Sagan, Hayao Miyazaki

“We are suspended in language in such a way that we cannot say what is up and what is down. The word "reality" is also a word, a word which we must learn to use correctly.”

ALPHA

ILE: Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Spielberg, Michael Moore

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.”

LII: ?, Douglas Adams, Woody Allen, Brain Greene, ?

ESE: Harvey Milk, ?, ?, ?

“All men are created equal. Now matter how hard they try, they can never erase those words. That is what America is about.”

SEI: ?, Shigeru Miyamoto, Wes Anderson, ?, ?

DELTA

IEE: Walt Disney, Anne Frank, ?, ?

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

EII: ?, Fred Rogers, Matt Groening, ?, ?

SLI: ?, ?, ?, ?

LSE: ?, Neil Degrasse Tyson, ?, ?

---

Apparently, Ne/Si quadras don't lend themselves very well to stereotyping.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    White people are a myth.
    Actually, they do exist. Like that African American guy living in NYC who wanted to know more about his heritage, which in his case meant he had his DNA checked to find out where exactly from Africa his ancestors were from. He wasn't all that happy about the results that came back: these showed he had predominantly Caucasian lineage....

Okay, I admit, white people are a myth, just like black people ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think any future project should not try to focus on one individual for each type (because even if an uncontroversial person was selected, they'd still have their own quirks). Better to try and be as expansive as possible without massively decreasing the quality of the selection. We should try to have an example (and more) of each type for various fields, e.g. literature, science, politics etc. as well as being regionally\culturally diverse and having examples from the various genders.

A lot of these problems might be overcome by having a database of famous people who have previously been typed (and possibly those who haven't). This could have the prominence of each person measured by google search result numbers or by members deciding it out of ten stars or something (prominence is arguably an important part of being such a benchmark figure). Actually deciding on whether one type has been satisfactorily decided by a "substantive" majority of a "diverse" range of individuals who are somewhat "knowledgeable" would be a controversial point. Perhaps there would be measures such as taking into account whether there are serious objections, or some weighting based on identified clusters of schools of thought.

A good suggestion in the chat was that each individual should have some summary/thoughts that give some insight into why a person has been typed a certain way - this could quote members from respective typing threads, give descriptions of personality, or perhaps even mention what the 'Eastern' Consensus is and whether this is agreeable or not.