this isn't a huge deal and i was debating if it really needs its own thread but hey at least i'm doing something socionicsy. usually i end up applying socionics thoughts to whatever happens to be relevant atm and rn it happens that my best friend is on my mind and i type her EII-Ne and comparing/contrasting her to myself (with my recent openness to being delta) might be interesting. i don't know what kind of input i should expect or would welcome so i'm playing it by ear i guess.
- she's a lot louder and i'm a lot quieter. when we first met in 7th grade i was new in school and not expecting anybody to notice me but suddenly this chick started talking my ear off. when we hang out in public i end up "shh"ing her and reminding her of her volume a lot cuz when she gets excited she gets louder and louder and more high pitched and doesn't seem to realize that everybody can hear everything. (and its often about our sex lives or something, lol.) when i remind her she's just like, "oh, yeah.."
- we are both pretty studious and detail oriented and committed to things when we want to be.
- when we were teenagers i was the crazy one and she was the voice of reason. now that we're both about 30 and she's getting a divorce and ready to mingle i'm the one who acts more like a stick in the mud. but she thanks me the next day.
- when guys talk to us in bars my initial reaction even if i find them attractive is to be mistrustful and creeped out and tell them to go away but she encourages me to be more "adventurous" (her word). its thanks to her i manage to stay polite long enough for free drinks.
- we've never had an issue being attracted to the same men. the one she ended up marrying was too "soft and sweet" for my taste (i think he was SEI) and the one i settled down with for years she considered a standoffish jerk (SLI).
- she is more into things like...henna in her hair, purse made out of recycled seatbelts, she gives her cat prozac, dr. who... kind of this sophisticated urbanite hippie (yuppie?) sort of thing. i think some of it is pretty cool but its not my area.
- i think in high school i was seen more as the "normal" one, she got made fun of a lot more but i think people probably secretly admired her for the same reasons because her personality is very on her sleeve and i am more careful.
- her (LIE>LSE) mom once said that while we are both book-smart, i am the street-smart one...my friend didn't like that.
- i don't consider myself to have good navigational skills or particularly awesome spatial awareness, but compared to her i'm like a god at it. it cracks me up how she can park somewhere or drive somewhere and five minutes later not remember where the lot is or how to come back the same way.
- everything is funnier with her. i can watch some stupid corny horror movie or boring british comedy (she loves british comedy...i don't get it) and if i was alone i'd be too bored to stay awake but somehow her presence and commentary makes me laugh my ass off.
- overall i think her presence is more energizing and mine is more calming.
- in the past ive chalked it up to democratic vs. aristocratic but she tends to say things like "he has a criminal record, what did she expect" and i'll point out how her ex husband has a criminal record or something. and somehow its different. whereas i tend to be more specific in the first place. (more like, "he had a criminal record, so what he did now makes sense")...but in a way its like the same thing but backwards.
- she seems to have more natural confidence in her abilities and "spunk" than i do, and i think she can use that energy for forward momentum even lacking the other more tangible abilities while i'm more convinced that i need to have those down before i do anything.
i could add a lot more, i'm sure, but i should get to work. maybe later.
dang this is really long anyways.