Thread: What is creative Ne?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is creative Ne?

I understand how Creative Si is wanting to give comfort to others, create good atmosphere etc..

But what is creative Ne?

Giving out integrity? Telling everyone that they are your friends? Making everyone feel like they are part of something?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can litter until a girl tells me to pick it up. xD

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Writing jokes for Family Guy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lying, and figuring out liars.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The creative supports the base. Creative Ne's domain would be more focused on "ideal" uses of the function. Ideal uses of Ne are ones that have the biggest impact in defining, or are the most intrinsic to, some system of values or thought. They're less naive and less exploratory. Non-ideal uses are perceived as marginal and not as interesting.

In base Ne, the meat is in the semantics of what's being observed, not in how it supports something else. The Ne lives for itself.

Base Ne has a full domain of operation. Good and bad can both be interesting; marginal uses can even be more interesting because they represent new ground which others haven't explored.

You can believe in a spectrum too, if you like. IME, mirror relations bring out the other side of your personality.
    Last edited by xerx; 02-21-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative Ne compromises its creative impulses extensively to maintain balance. It is dependent on validation from others. It can experience ego loss through another person. At other times it can obstinately settle on biased moral positions and shut out other possibilities. ALso it can be jealous, and blamed for incompetence. People with it can be cowardly, too. Creative Ne is in constant need of validation from outside sources. Very agreeable and non confrontational. These things can change some depending on other functions though.
    Last edited by rat1; 02-21-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    marginal uses
    So basically, Ne+Fi, amirite?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Giving others ideas, new possibilities, suggesting something new a new way they can try something. My duals don't vary much in their likes, from food to routine, I brink in New things
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

If Ne is about recognizing possibilities in the external world, then creative Ne would recognize only those possibilities that support the base.

So FiNe = possibilities that feel true (Fi)
    TiNe = possibilities that make sense (Ti)

Base Ne seeks out possibilities extensively, anywhere and everywhere (think of a fish net). Creative Ne is more like a harpoon. The creative function is basically a "targeted" version of the base.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 03-26-2014 at 08:10 AM.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    Creative Ne compromises its creative impulses extensively to maintain balance. It is dependent on validation from others. It can experience ego loss through another person. At other times it can obstinately settle on biased moral positions and shut out other possibilities. ALso it can be jealous, and blamed for incompetence. People with it can be cowardly, too. Creative Ne is in constant need of validation from outside sources. Very agreeable and non confrontational. These things can change some depending on other functions though.
    OMG this is so me. I hate creative Ne.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    So FiNe = possibilities that feel true (Fi)
    TiNe = possibilities that make sense (Ti)

Base Ne seeks out possibilities extensively, anywhere and everywhere (think of a fish net). Creative Ne is more like a harpoon. The creative function is basically a "targeted" version of the base.
    Ti is about perfection Ni is about what makes sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

While reading a book on investing for teens I came across a chapter talking about warren buffet and how young he was when he made his first investment, 11. I thought, or rather had an idea about my nephew, my relation , and how much he would love to learn this. My nephew, being very competitve, was fascinated by my idea . Being my request recipient (Benefeciary) with regard to Ne, he was spurred into activity. My idea, once given to him, sparked an interest to look outside his innter dreams and being competitve he wants to surpass Warren Buffet, who also happens to be his identical relations. He agreed to save money which I will match before December and he will make his first stock purchase at he age of 9.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-11-2014 at 03:42 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html